Stand Your Ground

By phasha18

What if Scott McCall had an aunt that was the same age as Derek Hale? How will she affect the story of the wo... More

Chapter 01: Memories
Chapter 02: A Not So Ordinary Life?
Chapter 03: Freaking Me Out
Chapter 04: How Will I Know?
Chapter 05: Nothing But Everything
Chapter 06: Wait For You
Chapter 07: Evolution
Chapter 08: Mythology Can Be Broken
Chapter 09: Where Do You Go?
Chapter 10: Believer
Chapter 11: Make It Out Alive
Chapter 12: Be There With You
Chapter 13: This Means War
Chapter 14: A New Beginning
Chapter 15: Something Else
Chapter 16: Problem Child
Chapter 17: Actual Pain
Chapter 18: Back To Life
Chapter 19: Wedding Bells
Chapter 20: Nightmare's
Chapter 21: Behind Those Eyes
Chapter 23: It's Christmas Time
Chapter 24: Senses Working Overtime
Chapter 25: Halloween
Chapter 26: Happy Birthday Theo
Chapter 27: Anything But Ordinary
Chapter 28: The End or Is It?

Chapter 22: Mystery of Beacon Hills

307 8 0
By phasha18

Chapter 22: Mystery of Beacon Hills

Mason and Liam headed to school, they were prevented from leaving by Natalie Martin who had been informed by Lydia about what was happening with Corey and Theo. Both wanted to leave but were told they had to stay until the end of the school day. Derek headed to meet Argent at his loft to look through both their bestiary's. Once everyone was on their way Elizabeth took Theo and Corey for a run through the preserve, though Theo hadn't gone in since he'd been shot earlier.

"Theo, it'll be okay," Elizabeth said as they got out of the car and leant against it. "I know you and Liam have gone a different route,"

"I know, it's just weird," Theo said, looking to Corey who nodded in understanding they had all been told about what had happened early one morning.

"Where are we going?" Corey questioned as Elizabeth threw them both a bottle of water.

"A track that rarely gets used, Derek and I use it," Elizabeth answered before she started to run and turned around backwards. "Come on,"

"Wait, you use this track and no one knows about it?" Theo questioned, as both he and Corey started to run following after her.

"Yeah, it technically doesn't start until we're on the other side of Hale House," Elizabeth answered, as she looked up at the barely standing house and they ran past it. "Back where we drove in...that's where Derek was hurt a long time ago, but don't tell him I told you that," Elizabeth laughed before she ran faster.

"Why does no one come behind?" Corey questioned as he and Theo caught up with Elizabeth and both realised what she had said about Derek.

"The no trespassing signs," Theo guessed that was why no one used the track but who actually followed 'No Trespassing' signs.

"Partially that and mostly people are scared to come because of the occasional spotting of wild animals," Elizabeth explained as the three of the ran through the preserve jumping over fallen trees before they ended up in a clearing.

"What is this place?" Corey questioned as they stopped running and looked around the area they had stopped in.

"Well it shouldn't have no trees in it that's for sure," Elizabeth said thinking back to a week earlier before the wedding when she and Derek had ran straight through the area. "Last week there was shrubs and trees,"

"But it looks like its been clear for years?" Theo said as they looked around and saw no sign that there had been any plant life there.

Theo, Corey and Elizabeth were rather confused over what was starting to feel very confusing in Beacon Hills. What they didn't know was that everyone was starting to see the same thing all over town. Derek and Argent stood talking in Derek's loft looking over maps of Beacon Hills – which seemed to be changing as they looked at them.

"Did you see that?" Derek questioned, pointing to where Beacon Hills First National Bank was but seemed to have changed to a shopping mall.

"I did, I think it's time we talk to that wife of yours and Deaton," Argent said as they watched more places on the map changing.

"Okay, that's strange. Have a look at this," Derek said as he pulled up an aerial view of the preserve where Theo, Corey and Elizabeth were. "That area of the preserve should be covered in trees and bushes,"

"Are you sure?" Argent questioned, raising an eyebrow as he looked at Derek and then at the images in front of them.

"I'm sure, Ace and I run there every week," Derek answered as he pulled out his phone to call Elizabeth. Derek dialled Elizabeth's number he didn't have to wait long for her to answer. "Hey Ellie, where are you?

'Derek? There's something wrong,' Elizabeth said the second Derek finished asking his question. 'I'm in the preserve,'

"Wait, what do you mean there's something wrong?" Derek questioned, as he and Argent watched another area of the map change.

'I don't know, the preserve you know where we run? There's an area...' Elizabeth started to say before she was interrupted by Derek.

"That should be full of trees?" Derek stated running a hand over his face as he spoke. "Can you get to the loft?"

'Yeah, I'll bring Theo and Corey,' Elizabeth said before she and Derek hung up she knew that Derek had more to tell her figured it would be better if he showed her.

Elizabeth, Corey and Theo headed to the Loft with Elizabeth sending a message to Melissa asking her if she could meet them there instead of at the apartment. The second that Elizabeth, Theo and Corey entered the loft they were met with Derek telling them from the table by the window that things were changing. All they could do was nod they had noticed little things changing along the way.

"Took Theo and Corey to the 'track' that we run and there was a section that..." Elizabeth trailed off as Argent showed them the aerial view of the preserve that Derek had seen. "That's the one,"

"What's happening?" Derek questioned, no one had any idea what was happening.

"Don't look at me, I'm just as confused as you are," Elizabeth said watching as both Corey and Theo went to the maps before Derek found his way to her. "Things were changing as we were driving back,"

"We saw on the maps," Derek told her, still not revealing what he and Scott had felt earlier that morning.

"Okay, what aren't you telling me?" Elizabeth questioned, as they heard a knock on the door. "Come in Mel,"

"Nothing," Derek lied, his heart beat staying steady as he did so but his eyes telling her another story.

"Derek?" Elizabeth questioned again looking to Derek with very questioning eyes as Melissa entered the loft.

"Ace, Argent," Melissa smiled at the two of them and then looked at Derek, Theo and Corey. Theo and Corey had found somewhere to sit down and were almost silent except for the occasional 'Look at that,'

"Did you notice anything strange on the way over?" Argent asked going over to Melissa and wrapping his arms around her kissing her at the same time.

"You mean like the old Bank not being there any more?" Melissa replied, before kissing him back and resting her head against his shoulder.

A couple of minutes after Melissa arrived Scott turned up with everyone else hot on his tail all shouting questions at him over what was going on. Scott didn't have an answer for them and he wanted to know why. Deaton and Mason pulled Elizabeth aside both of them wanting to know exactly what she could tell them.

"I can't tell you much, mainly because I don't know what the hell is going on myself," Elizabeth said before they had the chance to open their mouths. "Hey Mel, can I borrow you for a minute with Theo and Corey?"

"Ace, Derek has something to tell you first," Scott said, throwing the older man under the bus figuratively as he looked between Elizabeth and Derek.

"Scott," Derek hissed at the younger man before looking at Elizabeth who was staring at him.

"Someone tell me what's going on?" Elizabeth questioned, watching as Melissa walked over to both Theo and Corey. "Now?"

"Ace, this morning Derek and I felt someone watching the apartment," Scott said as Derek was too busy glaring at him to speak. "I'm surprised you didn't feel anything,"

"I was preoccupied this morning," Elizabeth said glancing at Theo who had found Liam's arms wrapped around him.

"The Lacrosse field's gone," Liam said, remembering that he'd gone that morning to meet up with Nolan but there being no field. "There was like a daycare or something in its place,"

"Okay...can everyone write down what's different while I make a call?" Elizabeth questioned, motioning for them to all write down everything they had seen that was different.

Elizabeth walked out onto the balcony of the loft and looked out to the city as she pulled her phone from her pocket and searched for Ethan's number. Elizabeth had given Ethan and Jackson the keys to her apartment in New York. Ethan and Jackson were still in the apartment when Ethan's phone started to ring.

"Hello?" Ethan questioned, upon answering as he looked out a window over looking Central Park.

'Hey Ethan, it's Ace,' Elizabeth said as she continued looking out to the city.

"Hey Ace, what's up?" Ethan asked as Jackson entered the apartment and headed straight for him wrapping his arms around his shoulders and resting his head next to his.

'Oh just Beacon Hills deciding to rearrange itself...listen can you go into the study – there should be an old tattered leather bound book on the second bookshelf from the door in the middle,' Elizabeth replied closing her eyes as she tried to picture which shelf the book she wanted was on.

"Rearranging itself?" both Ethan and Jackson questioned as they moved towards the study and went to look for the book in question. "Found the book...demons?" Ethan said as he flipped through the book and quickly closed it again. "Wait how did you know were still in New York?"

'That's the one, and yeah. We're not sure what's going on – you haven't noticed anything strange over there have you?' Elizabeth said as she moved to head back inside but was stopped by Derek standing in the door way watching her. 'Connected to you when joined the pack,'

"There's been nothing strange here, do you want us to head back to Beacon?" Ethan replied, as Jackson took the book into the living room and set it on the coffee table.

'If you can and bring the book with you. Oh there should be another one in the bottom drawer of the desk, you'll know it when you see it,' Elizabeth added as she glanced in the window and saw Melissa motioning for her to join them inside. 'And Ethan, we need the books as soon as you can,'

"Jackson just booked us on the earliest flight, we'll be back in Beacon by tomorrow afternoon," Ethan said as Jackson nodded and headed into the bedroom while Ethan looked in the drawer for the book that Elizabeth was talking about. "Found the book,"

Elizabeth and Ethan ended their conversation with Elizabeth walking back inside with Derek hot on her tail while Ethan made sure to put the two books in their suitcase. Melissa grabbed Elizabeth and motioned for Theo to go with them while giving Liam a look that said stay where you are. Elizabeth and Melissa took Theo into what had been Derek's bed room.

"Theo, Scott said that you've been having trouble sleeping?" Melissa said looking to him as he nervously looked around the room.

"Yeah...nightmares that are feeling too real," Theo answered, still looking around the room before his eyes settled upon Melissa who smiled at him.

"Want to talk about it or do you want to see if Liam's dad can prescribe something?" Melissa questioned, this time looking between Elizabeth and Theo before sitting beside him. "Come here," Melissa pulled him into a hug and kissing the side of his head. "You're family now, you know that. If you need to talk and you can't talk to Ace, Scott or Derek you can come to me,"

"The dreams...they're happening even when I just nap...yesterday Liam said that I said something but he wouldn't say what it was," Theo stated, he hadn't moved from Melissa's arms as he spoke there was something comforting in the way that both her and Elizabeth hugged him that calmed him down somewhat.

"What happens in them?" Melissa questioned, pausing before she added. "You don't have to say if you don't want to,"

Theo looked at Melissa contemplating on whether he would say anything at all before ultimately deciding not to say anything. He was only comfortable telling Elizabeth at that stage what the dreams/nightmares had been about. Melissa then said she'd take both Theo and Corey to the hospital to see Dr Geyer, with both Liam and Mason saying that they'd accompany them so that they had a way home.

By Friday they had decided that they'd all make the journey to New Mexico, with Ethan, Jackson and Lydia staying in Beacon Hills. Malia and Stiles were both going though they were still wary of Theo's intentions – Malia going so far as to threaten to let them take him which caused a very stern talking to from Scott and and Elizabeth while Liam was held back by Theo. The decision wasn't made without multiple arguments.

"We're not letting them take him!" Liam huffed his I.E.D starting to get the better of him as he stared at Malia and Stiles.

"For crying out loud. Liam no one is letting anyone take anyone!" Elizabeth exclaimed as she looked at Scott for a little bit of assistance but saw that he was busy holding Malia back.

"Malia we're not sending him back! He's family you know that!" Scott growled at his girlfriend as she stood bearing her claws in front of him.

"We just want to know why I'm having the nightmares..." Theo said looking at the group as Corey spoke up.

"He's not the only one having nightmares," Corey said, glancing at Mason who nodded at him as he wrapped his arms around him.

"From what we can determine, I know that some skinwalkers although they say they are neutral beings have in the past communicated with demons," Elizabeth said as she opened up one of the books that she'd asked Ethan and Jackson to bring back to Beacon Hills with them.

"All we want to do is talk with them," Mason said, every afternoon after studying he'd gone to the Clinic and researched with Deaton and Scott

"Can we all just simmer down and rationalise that not everything has to end with people being sent away. Yes we admit that it was the wrong thing to do but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do," Scott said, he knew that even Liam had initially felt that way as well and all the time that he had subsequently spent with Theo had changed that. "The fact that Ace did what she did means everything to him,"

"I don't care! He killed you!" Malia exclaimed this time earning a glare from both Elizabeth and Derek, Elizabeth's eyes going red in the process.

"Malia, everyone makes mistakes. Hell you're not flipping perfect yourself," Elizabeth growled, pulling Scott away from Malia in the process. "You know what, think about everything that you did as a coyote and yes I'm bringing that back if you insist on bringing back his mistakes,"

"Ace..." Theo muttered glancing at her and then Liam who he was still holding back from fighting Malia.

"Ace knows what she's doing," Derek said standing beside the two and putting a hand on each of them which seemed to calm them down somewhat. "She's dealt with angry beta's in her life time," Derek paused briefly before he continued. "She's dealt with me,"

"You think that people forget about what happened before they found you? You wanted to do the same thing, but wait what's that? They gave you more than one chance because hey guess what everyone deserve it," Elizabeth said taking a deep breath as she watched Malia's eyes flashing blue before Scott flashed his eyes at her and she started to calm down. "Are we calm now?"

"I think we're good now Ace," Scott said as he pulled Malia towards him and watched as Theo pulled Liam towards him and hugged him. "Malia, we're not sending him anywhere we just need to find out why he's having nightmare's you'd want answers too if you were him." Scott said before hugging and kissing her, no one bringing up that Liam his own beta had tried to kill him and that was when Theo had done it.

Once they had gotten over the arguments, Stiles didn't get a say as Lydia had been too busy silencing him by hugging and kissing him as he was on break and they hadn't seen each other since the wedding. Elizabeth couldn't help but laugh between Derek and Argent they had enough room for everyone to fit. Both Theo and Corey had been prescribed sleeping tablets so they'd been able to get a little sleep which didn't help when they napped because the nightmares settled in.

"When we get there, you and Scott do the talking while we make sure that they don't kill each other," Argent said motioning towards Malia, Stiles and Liam as he looked at Scott and Elizabeth.

"I would prefer if we all stayed in one piece, so that sounds like a plan. But are you sure you're prepared to stop a werecoyote, a Stiles and a werewolf?" Elizabeth questioned looking at Argent as she spoke and then towards Malia, Stiles and Liam who all seemed to be silently seething.

"We could always leave Stiles with Lydia," Scott suggested, causing Stiles to mumble something about not leaving Scott's side. "Fine but Stiles you and Malia need to stop threatening Theo,"

"I can't promise anything," Stiles said earning a glare from Elizabeth and a slap from Lydia while she also stated that he'd get no love from her. "Fine!"

By the end of the weekend they had managed to find out that the Skinwalkers were behind sending the dream demons to Corey and Theo – there way of telling them that they shouldn't exist. Elizabeth and Scott were furious at them, both Alpha's growling at them until Elizabeth threatened to send them away permanently.

"A werewolf can't do that," one of the skinwalkers said indignantly as they looked at Scott and then at Elizabeth.

"I'm not just any werewolf," Elizabeth said calmly as Scott took hold of his aunt's hand.

"Ace...don't," he whispered, glancing at her as her eyes changed colour.

"An alpha can't hurt us," another of the skinwalkers said as Kira appeared behind them and walked towards Scott and Elizabeth.

"Neither of them are just an alpha...both are True Alpha's," Kira said offering a smile to Scott and then Elizabeth who's eyes had changed colour again.

"True Alpha, and born a witch," Elizabeth said as her eyes maintained a glowing purple/blue shade. "See you've messed with my family,"

"No we have not," the first skinwalker said this time they looked to Kira who nodded while Scott shook his head.

"Theo Raeken is off-limits, as is Corey Bryant," Scott was calm as he spoke, while his eyes glowed red when he looked at Kira. "Elizabeth McCall-Hale is the adoptive mother of Theo and Corey is part of my pack,"

At the car, Liam had wrapped his arms protectively around Theo and they were only half listening to what was being said while Mason stood talking quietly with both Corey and Stiles. Malia was being talked to by Argent and Isaac, with Isaac telling her to listen to what Scott was saying. Derek was standing watching the interaction while keeping an eye on Theo and Liam at the same time. Isaac and Cora had joined them as they had returned to Beacon Hills after receiving messages from Derek.

"He's done unspeakable crimes," the second skinwalker said as they stared at Scott and Elizabeth, Elizabeth's eyes not changing from purple while Scott's had returned to normal.

"While that may be true, he's also changed in the last two years," Elizabeth said taking a deep breath before she had a chance to continue the first of the skinwalkers stomped her staff into the ground. "Stop!"

"Ace!" Scott yelled, as the two of them raced back to the car Elizabeth stopping short as she used what magic she could to stop the crack from reaching Theo. "Kira! Stop. You can't take Theo again," Scott growled watching as Derek and Liam pulled Theo out of the way. "Ace do it now!"

"I'm trying Scott!" Elizabeth yelled back at him as she remembered a spell that she had read about that would bind powers.

"I take your hands

in mine

And with this string

I will entwine

Your powers

I'll forever bind

From now until

the end of time," Elizabeth said as calmly as she could knowing that the second the spell was said the crack in the ground would disappear as the skinwalkers would essentially be powerless until she reversed the spell.

"What did you do?" the first skinwalker said as the crack in the ground disappeared and they found themselves with out their powers.

"Stripped the three of you of your powers," Elizabeth said before she added that she was the only one that could undo it. "I'm the only one that can undo it, and that's not happening until you stop threatening our family,"

'Theo, it's okay sweetheart,' Elizabeth could sense that Theo's insides were doing somersaults.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 453 15
25 year old Hailey is a woman of secrets. Not one person knows everything about her. When she is called back to Beacon Hills, her life flips. Her bro...
19.5K 316 13
Nefertiti McCall, Scott's sister, has come back to Beacon Hills to fix her life. But once she realizes how dangerous it is and sees the chaos release...
221 13 3
'This is me praying that This was the very first page Not where the story line ends My thoughts will echo your name, until I see you again These are...
51.5K 1.5K 15
"π™³πšŽπš›πšŽπš” 𝚐𝚎𝚝'𝚜 πš”πš’πšπš—πšŠπš™πš™πšŽπš πš‹πš’ πš‘πšžπš—πšπšŽπš›πšœ πšŠπš—πš 𝚠𝚎 πšŒπšŠπš•πš• 𝚊 πšπš˜πšπšŠπš• πšœπšπš›πšŠπš—πšπšŽπš›?" ...