THE RED-EYED PLAYMAKER || K...

By ryuluctant

MOST RECENT CHAPTER: afflicted desire. SLOW UPDATES. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── [kidou yuuto/jude sharp x re... More

INTRODUCTION
A NEW BEGINNING
SUN KISSED
RAIRAIKEN
GOGGLED SMILE
POLAROID
OVERREACTION
SIMPLE BLUES
PARTNERS (IN CRIME)
AND SO WE MEET
BLUNDER
SWEET TOOTH / P1
SWEET TOOTH / P2
NIGHTMARE
FRAUGHT
(NEW!) AFFLICTED DESIRE

A RAINY DECEPTION

696 25 24
By ryuluctant

a rainy deception.

┌──── ─ ─ ─
│ 🖇 ┊ → [MORE KIDOU INTER.
│ ┊ so sorry for the waitt hah!
│ ┊we rushing in the story now
│ ┊because we be going to theee
│ ┊KIDOU RESIDENCE! yessir
│ ┊this is an AU where haruna
│ ┊lives with kidou so whats up
│ ┊this section will be stretched
│ 🖇 ┊but i'm trying to change up my
│ ┊ writing style a little bit so it
│ ┊makes it easier to read. thank
│ ┊you for your patience and 1.3K+
| ┊reads!! ily all sm hehe - ryu
└──────────────── ─

﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀

。↷ ✧*̥₊˚‧☆ミ keys in text!¡ •ଓ.°

┊i. y/n ⌲ your name
┊ii.   l/n ⌲ last name
┊iii. l/n ⌲ last name
┊iv. s/c ⌲ skin color
┊v. e/c ⌲ eye color
┊vi. e/c ⌲ eye color
┊vii. f/c ⌲ favorite color

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶˗ˋ .*ೃ✧₊˚.❁ ↷

⇢˚⋆ ✎ ˎˊ- " your p.o.v "

I honestly wished time would go slower than it did.

Today was the day I had to go to Haruna's place— or so she calls it, "The Kidou Residence."

I was a nervous wreck, praying hopelessly that this day never came by until I realized what the hell I'm feeling towards the playmaker of Inazuma Japan. I wasn't too sure of it, but I didn't want to believe it either. I mean, we just met! There's no way that I could fall in love at first sight, right?

I don't necessarily think that exists, for me at least. We only bumped into each other not even a week ago, and the only closest interaction we ever had was what happened in the kitchen.

Sure, if it wasn't for me sulking over the nightmare, I'd be less comfortable than I was now, and maybe a little more confident to even step inside their house. His house, as it seems. I don't know the full backstory between both of them, and I don't find a reason to ask why. I'll probably connect the puzzle pieces between them soon, but in my eyes— they seem like your average pair of siblings.

But, I couldn't be in love, right? That's just absurd. How could I be in love with my friend's brother? Doesn't that make me a bad friend or something? Besides, we only had one (1) full conversation, let alone the other side encounters we had.

Maybe I was just homesick, and my desperation was brimming for some new friends, to have some people similar back to the teammates I had at my old school. Besides, we got to know each other a little better, and I'm fine with that for now.

I can only hope that Lady Luck's state of mentality will twist fate the right way over the days we work on this project, and, to make matters seem worse in my case, we were given a two (2) week spring break holiday. Haruna took this advantage and asked me to stay over at their place during the vacation, and I've never been so hesitant about a decision. I definitely couldn't turn down her offer, anyways. I had to think smart about this.

What worried me the most was that she texted me not too long ago, saying that it was probably going to rain soon, and she said to bring any extra clothes and such if I do plan to stay over for academic reasons.

In which, I did, just in case, since the forecast said that the chances of a severe thunderstorm may happen soon, and I didn't want to be home alone during that time. I could've invited her over, but then again, I still haven't unpacked
everything.

I could only hope that she told Kidou about this before deciding on something that seems so ludicrous in my point of view...

-', ( walking home with haruna... ) ꒱ ↷🖇🥛
⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣
✎ᝰ┆your p.o.v.

— "You WHAT?!"

— "I'm sorry, I just got too excited!"

— "Haruna!" I whined with a disappointed tone.

— "Listen, I'm sure he'll allow it, anyway!" Haruna insisted, placing her hands together in front of her chest and leaning in towards me, having the remorseful puppy-eyes look on her innocent face.

— "Please, it'll be fun!"

— "Why didn't you tell him, though? Isn't it technically 'his' residence?" I protested, turning my head towards her, trying to make a valid point about this dilemma. "I feel like I'm intruding! We don't even know each other that well." I added, knowing that some of that was a bit of a bluff, but now I'm even more attritional about all of this mess.

— "I'm his sister, he'll let you in for the two (2) weeks we stay here!" The blue-headed girl affirmed, turning her torso towards me as we continued to walk down the street, letting out hand gestures and trying to strengthen her tone to persuade me.

— "He'll listen to me, plus, it'll be nice to have a friend in the house! Please, [Y/N]?"

— "..Haruna, I don't want to be a burden to the two of you." I stood reluctant in my place of defense, having a disquieting tone.

— "I already caused you and him enough trouble! Plus, it'll be a little weird if I stay at your place for the next two weeks. It's not that I don't wanna hang around you, I do. I just don't want you guys to go out of your way for me." I contended.

— I tried to stop myself, beginning to sound as if I was playing the victim card and sounding a little arrogant, so I had to end this bickering immediately. "We can just do this at my place, and-"

— "[Y/N], you won't be a burden!" Haruna cut me off mid-sentence, taking a step in front of me. We both stopped in our tracks, coming to a halt. "We have butlers and maids, so don't worry about it!

— Plus, we'll be able to become closer than we already are this way, as well! I saw the way you smiled after having that small talk with Kidou, you looked like you were already feeling better.

— I want the three (3) of us to become closer, and it'll be beneficial, wouldn't it?" She attested, widening her eyes at me. "Please, for only two (2) weeks. I promise it'll be fun."

I sighed, gazing right into her malachite eyes that seemed to have stared right into my soul. We stood in silence for a little while, Haruna having no intentions to stay any less persistent than she already was at the moment.

There it was-- the passionate-aggressive tone and scolding. She knew well, she was quite meticulous to detail when it comes to her friends. Even though I thought the talk between me and her brother was forced... I'm glad she offered Kidou to brighten me up. If it wasn't for Haruna, where would I be now?

— "All right, then. I already have everything packed in my other bag, anyways. If you truly insist, I will go." I panned a considerate smile at the girl, dropping my tense shoulders down.

Haruna's frown soon turned upside down into a wide grin, promptly throwing her arms around mine and giving me a tight squeeze on my torso.

— "Thank you, [Y/N]-chan!" She chirped, embracing me closer.

— "No worries, but we have to go quick before it-"

Drop!

. . .

Oh no.

Before we knew it, hundreds and hundreds of rain droplets started to crash down on us, causing our clothes to become drenched in water. We both let out an exclaim of surprise, the sky had already dimmed to a gloomy essence, enveloped by powdered, slated-colored clouds.

It began to pour vigorously, both Haruna and I putting our bags above our heads as we ran quickly down the street with haste, making many twists and turns. The storm came masquerading as a knife as a coffin, the raging deluge closer to our skin than in air, the blasting thunders louder than any bird could ever sing and pushing harder than a boat oar in the sea waves—

it can only burn itself out. I hoped that soon, all of this would be over in an hour, but most likely, my wishes would result in a despairing truth.

A booming thunderclap roared in the background as our feet thudded against the face of the Earth, already panting as we hurried our way down the street.

Haruna reached for my hand, clasping onto it securely before dragging me along with her safely. It was hard to get a good grip onto her hand— the more rain that poured down on us, the more difficult it was to hold onto her.

. . .

THUD!

— "ACK!—"

— "[Y/N]!"

"I-I'm okay!" I choked out, using the strength of my forearms to push myself off the ground, already feeling some hints of mud skimmed over against my cheek and coated the palms of my hands, but that wasn't the one thing that was roughened up.

I brought my knees back and leveled up against my waist, placing a hand on one of the besmirched legs, bringing myself back up to my feet, feeling the rain splatter around and onto my back, as the liquid droplets hit against the same ground I stumbled upon.

Suddenly, a sudden shot of excruciation shot into my other knee, causing my body to kneel down, getting even more saturated from the thundering heavens, a sonorous lightning strike bolting down in another direction of an area.

— "D-Damn it!" I cussed low underneath my breath, wincing at the convulsion, cupping a hand around the open wound.

Luckily, it wasn't bleeding so much, but the rain was making it sting a whole lot worse, I tried toughening out, attempting to bring myself up. What only muffled the cussing in my head was the sound of a wind-driven bright from the current climate, rippling off into the abyss.

— "[Y/N], your knee..." Haruna muttered out, immediately stopping in her tracks and running towards my side and to my aid, placing her hands on my shoulder and arm. Her eyes of the lovely chartreuse seeped with a bedeviled look, bringing my arm around her neck and on her own shoulder.

— "Daijobu. Let's go, quick." I ordered with a strict tone but gave her a reassuring smile. She gave me a nod, wrapping her free arm around my waist.

. . .

"We're almost there!" Haruna yelled out to me, keeping me close by her side.

I didn't know we had already gotten to our destination in a flash, since I closed my eyes most of the time, relying on Haruna to become my sight. I didn't know exactly where the lived, even though I had a guess that they were somewhere close to my area, but then again, I could be wrong.

However, with every step we took, the laceration in my knee felt was a painful sensation. I tried toughening out for Haruna, gritting my teeth you suppress against the stinging ache, but it felt as if I was slowing down.

I pursed my lips together, hoping that we would get closer by the second, trying to get my mind off of the wild chase to get to Haruna's house. What I could see past my forced-deprivation of my vision was the sudden flash of another late, immoderate thunderclap, causing my heart to jump every-time a bolt had struck.

Luckily, we both seemed to have a good amount of stamina, because it seemed as if we have been running for hours— which was odd, but I didn't question it. Time only felt slow, only for me to be blinded by twinging in my wound. All I could do was cling onto Haruna as close as possible,

— "Almost there!" Haruna stretched out her words, tightening her grip around my doused waist.

— "That's literally what you said minutes ag—"

"THERE!" The girl yelled out. I could only assume that she saw the entrance of her house, but I still kept my eyes shut. I didn't have any intentions to open them again until I feel a safe roof over my head, as I'm already out of breath, until-

"Haruna!" A certain voice called out.

-', ( inside... ) ꒱ ↷🖇🥛
⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣
✎ᝰ┆your p.o.v.

Huff... huff...

Both Haruna and I were immediately pulled inside by a familiar touch on our arms, both of us throwing our hands on our knees and taking the advantage to catch our breaths, dropping our bags onto the mat that was positioned in front of the door. Perspiration mixed with the rain droplets trickled down my cheek and off my chin as I slouched over, trying to catch my own breath.

I felt a relieving rush of cold air hitting against my skin, but I nearly shuddered from how chilly it was, since Haruna and I had just finished our incessant scampering in the humid and numbing cloudburst ongoing outside.

I could only tighten up my muscles to try and fight off the chills, feeling more exposure against the surface of my wounded knee.

My [H/C] was completely sodden, causing me to regret being so indisposed with Haruna's offer to her place— their place. Maybe if I just accepted her kind proposition right off the bat, we wouldn't be as inundated as we are now.

Plus, since we took so long in the wretched thunderstorm, one of us is bound to get horribly sick over this given vacation, which only made me more nervous about my stay here.

I didn't even have to look up to know who greeted us inside because I knew that if I picked up my chin off the floor right now, I'd be looking more of a bundled mess than I already do, so I didn't even dare to speak until I felt like the timing was necessary, but all I wanted to know was if Haruna was okay— which seemed like she was. However, I felt bad to have to put her through all that dreaded sprinting...

— "Haruna, what were you two (2) doing out in the rain? You're both soaked to the skin."

— "Gomen, onii-chan. We were caught up with something..."

◌ ◌ ◌

— "...Hakamada, please go get some towels for them."

— "Hai, Master."

I knew it. As inevitable as it was, it was him.

I tucked a soaking strand of hair behind my ear, feeling wildly uncomfortable and disgustingly sticky. Sure, I loved the rain, but not when you didn't have an umbrella or even a coat. I felt deficient to realize that I never brought anything of the sort, despite getting the warning for the aggressive weather. Honestly, all I could use right now was a warm shower and a quick nap...

Not a few moments later, I heard footsteps echoing behind us, almost as if someone was in a hasty hurry. I could only assume it was the 'Hakamada' male that I heard about earlier since I managed to get a glance at his black, polished shoes against the tiled floor.

It was funny— I thought he was a butler of the sort, but could Haruna really pull off living in a mansion? I shook it off, drifting my mind elsewhere from the brainless thought.

"Arigatou, Hakamada-san." I heard Haruna puff out, listening to the rustling of the rags that Hakamada had just brought in.

I straightened my posture up a bit, feeling a heavy shadow tower over my waterlogged body, only to see a pair of wrinkled hands cupped together, presenting a fresh, white towel in front of my face.

I perked my head up, meeting face-to-face with a tanned-skinned male with bushy eyebrows that covered his eyes in the color of a deep grey. His hair seemed to comb back with a lighter shade of a grey, along with simple white streaks flowing through it.

He had a glass monocle on his right eye, with the golden, wire wringing around only on half of the circular len(s), the same-colored string dangling down to his shoulder.

His mustache was seemingly luxuriant as well, as well as his eyebrows. What caught my eye the most was his formal attire— which was simple, but it consisted of a rich grey glazer with a black vest underneath, topped with a white, collared shirt. He looked like some sort of count...

wait, don't tell me— is this their ACTUAL butler?!

Before I could do anything else, I gave Hakamada a solicitous smile, standing up straight in order to grab the towel from him. However, I bent the knee that was scraped up to prevent any further pain, trying to make it as subtle possible.

"Arigatōgozaimashita." I spoke formally towards the supposed butler. Without missing another beat, I wiped the given towel all around my face, wiping off any mud that was still leftover after that nasty stumble.

It felt allaying to finally dry myself off, but not enough— some smudges we're still all over my forearms and legs, especially my knees. I looked all shriveled up, and I get nothing but embarrassed at the moment.

I could feel both of their gazes piercing through my soul as I attempted to wring out my hair, letting out a sigh of contrite past my lips, wishing that I'd just stay home and avoided this mess. It was even worse when you're in a soaked skirt and high socks— I looked absolutely horrid. There was no going back, but I could only stay silent until someone had said something.

— "[L/N], your knee... what happened out there?"

Hearing him suddenly call out to me almost made my heart sink down to my stomach, nearly flinching at the prompt question. Keeping my sanity intact, I let out a sheepish laugh, bringing the towel towards my nape (back of the neck), rubbing it sheepishly.

— "I might've taken a fall, but it's alright," I admitted, holding the rag in my hands. I took a mini gander at the bag that was supposed to contain all my clothes, but it seemed to have been soaked to the skin, or, uh, fabric? I dunno. I turned my attention back to the two siblings, only for the pumping in my chest to become more induced than it initially was.

There he was— Kidou Yuuto. He had one of his hands on Haruna's shoulder, constantly making sure that she was okay as well, but they both soon narrowed their eyes down at my worn-out figure, Haruna herself having a distressed look upon her face soon after she had finished up drying up her own fair skin.

She wasn't as roughed up as I was— mainly because she was somehow careful and cautious when we were running, while I rather blundered and clumsy.

Though Kidou's face was rather emotionless and grim, they both panned a look down at my knee. I quickly put my hands up towards my chest, shaking them from side to side to reassure them that it was just a scratch, and nothing more.

— "Don't worry about it, I promise it's okay. It's just a little scrape— no biggie." I chortled, wrapping the rag around one of my moistened forearms.

— "It could get infected, couldn't it?" Haruna stressed her concerns, approaching me. "Does it hurt?" She asked, looking at me with a worrisome expression.

— "No, it doesn't hurt at all," I spoke with a nonchalant tone, shrugging my shoulders up, letting out another hesitant chuckle. "It's fine, really."

— "What's in the bag?" Kidou jumped into the conversation, jerking his chin over towards the damp bag behind my legs. Crossing his arms over his chest, he stood where he was, not budging from his position.

— "Oh, uh, I—"

— "Can we have [Y/N] stay over, please?!" Haruna instantaneously exclaimed in the middle of my explanation.

It was probably for the best, since, I had no idea how to explain it myself either. She turned towards her brother, having the same pleading look on her face that she always had.

— "Stay over? For what?" Kidou questioned his younger sister, raising an eyebrow of his.

— "We were assigned as partners as a project, and we're given the entire spring break (holidays) to finish it! Is it okay if she can stay over?" The girl clarified, her eyes widening within every word that spilled out of her heart.

— "She can stay in my room for a bit, and I promise she won't be troublesome! Right, [Y/N]?" She asked of me, looking behind her shoulder.

— "I— You won't even know I'm here.." I muttered out with a derisive smile on my face, feeling my throat coil from being so eager to hear Kidou's answer.

Though I wouldn't blame him if he rejected the unanticipated invitation of a guest. After all, I did intrude withou—

— "I guess I wouldn't mind it."

..hUH?? He's actually okay with it?!

I widened my eyes, averting them towards the tressed male, trying to decipher his emotions. He was like a book with a cryptic language I couldn't quite make out, so I had to eventually give up on trying to sneak into that inscrutable morning of his. He did seem okay with it— but his expression hasn't changed one bit.

— "Yay! Arigatou, onii-chan!" Haruna divulged. She wanted to hug her brother until she came to the realization that she was still soaking wet... and so was I. We both exchanged looks at the same time, letting out a giggle of embarrassment.

— "[Y/N], how about you go shower first? I'll be after you." Haruna offered, wringing out her dampened hair into her towel.

— "Are you sure?" I asked Haruna with a dubious tone, cocking my head to the side.

— "You look like you need one more than I do." Haruna laughed out, placing a hand on my shoulder. She smiled at me... and I felt all my worries wash away in an instant. I could always rely on Haruna to make me feel better, couldn't I? "It's upstairs. You'll find your way there."

...holy shit, their house is so freaking big.

— "Don't worry about your clothes, we'll dry them as well," Haruna added, pointing at my severely doused bag. "Come back down once you are finished, I want to treat that wound of yours. Is that okay?"

— She.. was so nice. Where would I be without her? "If it's okay with you, then thank you so much, Haruna, Kidou." I choked out, giving both of them a small smile.

— "No problem, go on! I'll be right after you."

I sweatdropped, nodding at Haruna. I slipped off my shoes at the front door, since they were covered in mud. I hauled the towel over my shoulder, letting a yawn escape past my lips, treading up the stairwell. I had no idea where I was going or what I was doing, but I just went with wherever my feet lead me.

. . .

One day, I'll stop feeling like this, right?

↷ ⋯ ♡ᵎ

this looks pathetic on pc
┌──── ─ ─ ─
│ 🖇 ┊ → [EW THIS WAS
│ ┊ so rushed and so stretched
│ ┊i'm sorry kskdkskd i tried aa
│ ┊this was horrible but i'll try to
│ ┊make it up next chapters ? ;;
│ 🖇 ┊i'm not proud of this but uhh
│ ┊ thank you all so much for
│ ┊ patience !! ilyall so so so
│ ┊ much. stay safe and stay
│ ┊ healthy!!! - ryu
└──────────────── ─

˗ˋ  reach for the stars!

𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨:

lazynaenae

       ✧stxr_Penguin 

azulapingu

xxxvii__

-matsukaze_shirou-

raineroses

soft_tempeh

moshiiiiiii

watermelon_akari

red_otaku_fan

akixdori

-shortidiot

filthy_koya

-koiirei-

-aeriss

iwa1zumi

spring

haku

haydryk

citrus

demi

+ 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐮! 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 8.9K 69
[BOOK COMPLETE] [BOOK UNDER REWRITING SO IT MIGHT BE CRINGE ON THE REST OTHER 10 CHAPTERS] [only 10 chapters has been finished re-writing!] (Books...
32.6K 1.2K 65
Reader is an excellent soccer player. But due to past trauma and coming face to face with Kageyama, soccer became nothing to her. That was until she...
73.3K 2.8K 82
I wrote this book when I was just 14 and deleted it a few months ago by mistake so I'm republishing it without editing. Don't blame me for the cring...
117K 4.2K 21
♡⇢ "𝘠/𝘯... 𝘐 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘧𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶. [...] 𝘖𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘎𝘰𝘥... 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸�...