fanboy | taegi

By kimjohope

--the cliché but totally not cliché story of a fanboy who fell in love with his idol-- Kim Taehyung, known as... More

P R O L O G U E
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty two
twenty three
bonus: 1
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two

twenty four

160 20 209
By kimjohope

Tzuyu POV

The Day I Met Heartbreak

I was only the youngest trainee, new to JYP, and quite the loner. I was the newest member of TWICE, and even though all the unnies there had welcomed me with open arms and big smiles, I hadn't been able to smile back. I missed Taiwan, my mother, and all the friends I had left behind just to pursue my dreams.

I was exploring my new home, the dorms, and the long corridors that led to the dorms of Bangtan and GOT7, our sunbaes. They were all rumored to be very handsome, and I had kicked myself for not doing my research. Obviously, I needed to do it soon; there's no telling when I would meet them.

I was tiptoeing around the halls, passing countless studios which I guess, belonged to the sunbaes. I passed by a white door and my eyes caught sight of a peculiar looking mat at my feet. Reading the inscription on it, I couldn't help but stifle a laugh.

The door had a sign which read "GENIUS LAB", and I bit back another giggle. Whoever occupied this studio sure was narcissistic and moody, that's for sure. But I was too busy laughing at the grumpy cat's raised middle fingers that I didn't notice the click of the lock, the door opening to reveal the occupant of the quirky studio.

"Who are you?" the stranger inquired, shocking me to the core as I whipped my head up to face the voice.

And I think I fell in love, because he was beautiful.

Longish black curls, falling messily on his forehead caught my attention, but nothing hooked me in like his eyes. Deep pools of amber reeled me in as I found myself staring with my mouth wide open. He laughed out loud, almost breaking the spell, but it only pulled me in deeper. His smile was the most amazing thing I had ever seen, a weirdly box-shaped one, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Take a picture, it would last longer, darling." he chuckled, and I blushed harder at the suggestive nickname. But that didn't stop me from mooning over the tiny mole on his nose. He was art, a masterpiece worth more than the world could put a value on.

"N-no, I'll leave, sir." I found myself saying, quite against my wishes. All I wanted was to stay here and marvel at how a man could be this angelic looking.

"Sir?" he smiled kindly, grabbing me by the arm and pulling me into the studio. "Call me Tae, beautiful."

"Tae." I smiled, cheeks still red as I tasted his name on my lips.

What a beautiful name.

"What's your name, darling?" he gently planted me on a spare chair as he sat down on his own revolving cushiony looking one.

"I'm Tzuyu." I tried to look confident, but I knew I was still blushing. "I'm a new member of TWICE."

"Ah, Yeonie was talking about you yesterday!" he slapped his forehead in recognition. "Now I remember!"

"You're as hot as she said you were, beautiful."

"She said that about me?" I laughed in pure disbelief. "I thought she was dating the other Yeon."

"Our Nayeon prefers orgies with more than fifteen people in attendance." he rolled his eyes with a small smile, "She's a nice girl though, don't think badly about her."

"I'm not innocent, okay?" I chuckled, raising my eyebrow at him. "In fact, I'm a very open person."

"Ah, but you look like an innocent angel, darling." he smirked, "But I wouldn't be surprised if you were a freak in the sheets."

"Are you a fuckboy?" I choked, almost gulping for air as I faced his dangerous expression. "You look so angelic!"

And all of a sudden, his face changed. The entire dominant looking aura, sweaty hair, sly smile, and hooded eyes faded into oblivion as he let out a loud laugh. He looked like the picture of perfect innocence as he winked childishly.

"Gotcha!"

"What?"

"Tzuyu, it's the game I play with all the new trainees." he laughed, "I see if they can resist my charms, and obviously you failed."

"Well, I can't help but be flustered, Tae!" I giggled at his pure expression, "You are very handsome, you know?"

"I really don't see it, but go off I guess?" he shrugged, turning to his computer for a second to put on some music.

The song was beautiful, and I found myself letting it take control as it invaded my senses. The voice was Tae's, and it talked about photographs and memories and I felt myself being someone's scenery. I didn't even notice when the song ended, my vision blurry as tears glazed my cheeks.

"Like it?" he smiled wide, handing me a tissue as I nodded.

"It's beautiful."

"I'm glad you liked it, Tzuyu."

"Play it again, Tae!"

And with that, my first friendship was sealed. The smile never left my face as we talked for hours about everything under the sun. I discovered he was my senior by a few years, and he obviously took advantage of it and asked me to call him 'Oppa'. Did I mind? Hell no!

He was a member of Bangtan, and I looked at him with respect. He was a talented senior, that was for sure. I discovered so many things about him, and he about me. It only made me like him even more.

Of course, no one would compare to how much I liked her, but Tae was a close second.

Very, very close.

And I had only just met him.

The hours flew by, and I had ended up having two meals with just him, and I even met the other members of Bangtan who had dropped by. They were all stunning, with mouthwatering figures and beautiful smiles; but Taehyung was admittedly the one who had my devotion.

I got up to leave, getting a text from the unnies to be back before lights off. Tae noticed my leaving and gave me a quick hug and grabbed my hand, leading me out into the corridor. It was there that I encountered the cat mat once again.

"Cute mat, right?" he chuckled, giving me a sideways glance as if to say 'say one thing bad about this mat, and we are not friends anymore'.

"Very cute, Tae." I agreed, giggling. "But you never struck me as a grump or a narcissistic."

"So why the 'Genius Lab' sign, and the rude mat?"

"AHH!" he laughed, grinning even wider. "I didn't tell you did I?"

"What is it?"

"My crush has the same mat and the same sign."

My heart dropped.

His crush.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I replicated his entire studio."

"That's fun, Tae."

"Oh, I'm madly in love with him." he shrugged like he was used to admitting it to everyone. "He just doesn't know it yet."

"Is it someone from here?"

"No, he doesn't know I exist."

I laughed at that one.

We were more similar than I thought.

"Let me tell you a secret then, Tae."

"Oooohhh I love secrets!"

"My crush doesn't know of my existence too."

"I feel you, girl."

"Goodnight, Tae."

"Goodnight, Chewy!"

"CHEWY?" I laughed, hitting his arm in annoyed laughter as he grinned.

"Whoever you're crushing on doesn't know that he's missing out on having such a gorgeous girl like you." he smiled once more, blowing me a kiss as he waved goodbye before shutting the door. "See you tomorrow, babe."

"She," I spoke to the empty corridor as I smiled sadly. "It's a she."

"See you tomorrow, Tae."

--

Years passed, and we're still best friends. No one understands me as he does, and I really get him. I know how hard one-sided love with your idol is because I had been in love with someone way out of my league for years.

Kim Chanmi, or Chungha as she was called on stage was a goddess. That's it, that's my statement. She inspired me to be a performer, and she was my role model.

Watching her sing and dance on stage made me want to follow my own dreams of the same frequency, and I was lucky my family was supportive of my choices.

It had been more than six years since that day I had first become an idol, and I had yet to meet my idol. I had seen her in countless award shows, but I lacked the courage to go up to her and start a conversation.

I had begun to develop real feelings towards the boy who didn't think of me as more than his best friend. We have had countless sleepovers and vacations together but it had never progressed to anything more than pure friendship.

It was always Yoongi for him.

I had never seen anyone as whipped as him, and I still remember the day Yoongi followed him on Instagram. Tae kept crying and screaming, almost pulling all his beautiful hair out when he got that notification.

The next few days were spent with him mooning over Yoongi being such a 'fluffy meow meow' while I patted his back, telling him that everything was going to be okay.

Yay. I was living every girl's dream.

And unlike everyone else, I never judged him on his love for the man. I was the one person who understood what it felt like. I still had way too much love and respect for Chungha, even though my feelings toward Taehyung were real, and slowly becoming thoughts and wisps of love.

Love.

And through the months when I slowly lost Taehyung to his devotion to Yoongi when the rapper texted him sweet things, posted cute comments, and had ridiculously cheesy phone calls, I still stood by him.

If I could never have him as a lover, I'd take him as my best friend. I loved him too much to ever leave.

Love.

He would sometimes look into my eyes and ask me, "Why couldn't I fall in love with you, Chu? You're perfect."

That just made me fall in love with him even more. How could he give me so much false hope, I used to wonder.

Still, he was tied with Chanmi for first place in my heart. I never spoke of her much unlike Taehyung, and he never enquired about it either.

My days were all busy ones even after practice.

I would sit in my room and dream about the two of them. I couldn't ever choose.

And the day came when he had his first heartbreak.

And mine too.

The day when the world discovered Yoongi's and Chanmi's 'whirlwind romance', I remember crying in the shower, trying to wash away my life when I remembered Taehyung.

He would've been as devastated as me, maybe even more.

He wouldn't answer my calls, nor the doorbell. But the next morning, he asked me out.

I should have been jumping in joy, but in reality, I was like a deflated balloon; lifeless and cold to the touch.

But I said yes.

Why do you ask?

I knew he was using me as a replacement to Yoongi, and somehow I didn't care. I took the one chance I got to get him all to myself.

Maybe I just wanted his love. Something I had never gotten from him in all its fullness. I didn't know what that word meant, because I'd never experienced it.

What is love? I still don't know.

(guys, I'm screaming I didn't mean to put the What is Love reference LMAO I'm so weird!)

But when I saw him that morning, his eyes had hardened.

So had my heart.

I was just the replacement, wasn't I?

He looked stronger, though his body was weak and limp. His hair stuck to his forehead, eyes red and tired from crying, mouth curved into a small smile.

Our date was perfect.

There was no secret between us, and that made us comfortable. We laughed and talked, and somehow it reminded me of my first day at gayYP; The day I met my first heartbreak.

We let Dispatch catch us red-handed, handing in our notice of 'dating' the very next day.

Things were going well, and even though I was the replacement, I never cared.

But inside I was hurting. For the both of us.

How ironic was it that the two who had wrecked our hearts were the ones who were happy with each other?

Taehyung looked at me with determination to fall in love with me. Like he was pushing himself to love me.

I hated it, so so much.

But I let it happen.

With the few months we had together, we had done basically everything a couple should've done.

We went on multiple dates and parties, had sex, held hands, took selfies, and went to events and premieres together.

But it was never full of love.

When the spotlight left us, his fingers would lose their grip on mine, leaving me cold and lonely as his focus went elsewhere.

But I still kept going for us, we needed to move on before more heartbreak.

He was also oblivious to the fact that I knew he was still very much in love with the dark-haired man whose faces stared at me every night as I tried to sleep. I knew they were still texting, and I tried to not let that get to me.

And then came the happiest day of my life.

The day Gayo Daejon was announced, and the day my idol asked me if I wanted to go out for drinks.

Suddenly, Taehyung was a nobody. Compared to her, he didn't make my heart flutter as much. All thoughts of my 'boyfriend' left my mind as I daydreamed for hours on what I was going to say to the woman who kept my heart and dreams alive, though she didn't know it.

She got my number from Taehyung, and we had texted a little bit before the big day. Some light flirting, and I played along. There was no harm in flirting, was there?

Taehyung and her boyfriend still did it anyway.

So why couldn't we?

God, each text made my tummy erupt with butterflies as I squealed in joy.

I was finally going to meet her.

Taehyung who?

And maybe that's when I should've known that he wasn't the one for me.

If I had broken up with him that day, things would have gone differently.

And I think he felt the same a few days before Gayo. He grew more distant than usual and spent all his time on his phone.

And of course, that stunt Yoongi pulled on his comeback night sealed the whole fucking deal.

But surprisingly, I was happy for him. Finally, he was getting what he wanted, and even though I was duly betrayed, I was glad he was happy.

Then came the comeback stage.

The most embarrassing day of my life.

The day we had sex inside a bathroom stall, and he moaned out another name instead of mine.

He caught himself at 'Yoon', thinking I wouldn't notice.

But it hurt inside. It really did.

I found myself on the phone with Chanmi right after the show, and we talked about it for almost an hour.

And she said something really confusing.

She said that she understood how I felt.

How?

Unless she was going through what I was experiencing, how could she understand?

But what if she was?

The thought lingered in my mind throughout the day, all through the paparazzi session with Taehyung, all through the night till the afterparty.

Finally.

I changed into my leather outfit, the tight material snug on my skin as I walked into the party, blending in immediately with almost every single idol there.

But she stood out.

I spotted her almost immediately, her stunning features hard to miss as I gawked at her.

She was gorgeous.

Sorry, Taehyung, she could take your spot any day, anyway, she wanted.

But the moment our eyes met, I knew it.

I was done for.

Whipped.

--

Chanmi POV

He said yes. He actually fucking said yes.

Finally, years of subtly crushing on one of the hottest rappers had paid off. I usually preferred girls, but I wouldn't mind trial and error with a fine specimen like Min Yoongi.

I mean, it was all horny fucking for months before we finally called it quits with the fuckbuddy status and went public.

I actually liked him. He was fun, yet a grump which I found to be super adorable. He was also quite the connoisseur who enjoyed the food I made for him, and that kinda made my heart beat faster.

Did I forget to mention that he was a god in bed? He was probably the best sex I ever had, and I have had plenty. He knows exactly how to please me and I know I hit all his spots on-point, and sometimes I think that's the only reason we're still 'together'.

Don't think I was fooled by the label on our relationship. I was not naivé, to think he was in love with me or anything. He wasn't the type to give away his heart so easily, but neither was I.

Again, probably the reason why we got along so well. We bickered and quarreled every day, making up with hot rough sex at the end. We were a little too alike, and I think we both realized that a little too late.

I started to like him a little more despite myself. I could see myself breaking down my walls and being open with him.

And that scared me.

And the day I realized I needed to end things with him was on the night of his comeback.

The day my almost-love was crushed.

I was outside Yoongi's studio, right out the door as I called his number. Hoseok had been there before me, and he had left the door a little open. I was all ready for date night, and it was the night I was going to tell him that my feelings for him were increasing. I wanted to make sure if he was feeling the same, or I knew I would have to end it before things went out of control.

But then I heard him on the phone and I decided to wait for him to finish the call. Ah, I recognized the name of the person he was talking to all too well.

Kim Taehyung.

"Please go home safe, Taetae.." he cooed into the phone and I peeked into the room just to see his expression. He looked so happy and cute, peering out of the window to see something. And when he caught sight of it, he began giggling like a girly teenager, hand covering his mouth as his love eyes took over him completely.

He had never once looked at me like that.

"I'll watch you till you leave then." he was saying, "Just be safe, Taetae."

Did he forget about our date then?

I saw him ending the call and dragging his chair to the window where he sat softly, fingers cupping his pouty cheeks as he smiled wide.

He picked up his phone out of the blue, and when my phone began ringing merrily, I jumped in fright and shock, realizing that I was the one he was calling.

I tiptoed to the end of the corridor and answered the call in a gentle whisper.

Only to know that he was canceling on me.

He called it 'work'.

"Stage stuff?" I asked, my heart breaking a little when he answered with a gentle "yeah.."

Liar.

"You're escorting me to Gayo, right?" I asked, wondering for a minute if he would ditch me there too, but he answered with so much affection and love that it sickened me.

"Of course! My beautiful girl will be the one whose arms will be linked with mine, won't it?"

I held back a tear, nodding slowly and trying to sound cheerful as always.

"Ever so cheesy! See you, Yoongs."

I knew it was over.

But had it ever started to begin with?

The final blow landed when I heard he went up to the gayYP building to support Taehyung on the night of their comeback.

No wonder he rescheduled our date two days later.

I always knew I was second fiddle to Taehyung, though he never seemed to acknowledge it. His entire countenance would change immediately if someone even said his name. He would then drift away into some pleasant daydream, and I would be left to know that I surely was not in even one of those dreams.

Did I know about Taehyung's one-sided love?

Baby, the entire world knew of it. I was labeled as the home-wrecker, but Yoongi released a statement putting me in the clear. He was decent like that.

But to be honest, I was on Taehyung's side in this whole matter. I had grown close with Hoseok (my bias *squeals*) and he had told me the whole story.

And the boy was just so sweet, I wasn't surprised Yoongi had fallen for him, though he didn't know it yet.

Why was he being so stubborn? Why wouldn't he make that poor, sweet boy his?

He would always say, "No, I'm not gay. I don't like men like that. I prefer women *sly wink*."

Lies.

I honestly couldn't wait for him to realize it, so I could end things with him on a good note. I didn't want to leave him high and dry, so I decided to stall for a little longer.

But deep inside, though I had a smile on my face 24/7, I was sad.

Was I that unlovable, that he didn't want me for anything other than sex?

The only good thing that had come out of this entire fiasco was my newest acquaintance.

I swear my thoughts went elsewhere when I first saw her at 2018's MAMA in Hong Kong. She was absolutely beautiful in a short black dress which was so simple, but stunning on her figure. She didn't seem very approachable, so I didn't go up to her, but I would often catch her looking at me with quite a wistful expression.

I soon learned that she was a huge fan of mine and that I was her inspiration to become an idol.

How flattering!

I may or may not have blushed and looked up the videos in which she's covered my songs and dance routines and mentioned me on TV shows. Trust me, there were a LOT of them, and I went through them all.

I ALSO may or may not have looked up TWICE just to see her performances, and I was a little stunned.

How can she manage to look so flawless all the time? She was much younger than me, but she looked so mature and sexy that it made me go a little wild.

Who the hell was she?

Taehyung's girlfriend.

Great.

The irony of this entire situation never failed to make me laugh. We were almost laughable, and I couldn't wait to get out of this entire mess once Yoongi realized that he and Taehyung were meant to be.

I was curious to know how Tzuyu felt throughout this; I'm sure she knows that Taehyung is in love with my boyfriend.

So I may or may not have asked her if she wanted to have drinks with me at the Gayo afterparty.

Hey, only to talk okay? It had nothing to do with me being attracted to her somehow, or because of her gorgeousness.

And I knew she was a fangirl by the way she replied to that one comment I had posted. I stifled a chuckle, reading them all as my heart fluttered uncontrollably.

It had never fluttered this much when Yoongi was around... So why with her? We hadn't even met yet!

And when we did meet, our eyes locking as she walked into the party in sleek black leather, matching my own outfit, I knew that something was going to happen.

Everything was going to change.

We just didn't know it yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now we get a little clearer perspective, don't we? 

do you justify the fact that they kissed? the two of them, and obviously the Taegi kiss.

next chapter comes the showdown hehe, and some surprising turn of events! I hope you enjoy, and that you liked this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 252 17
What will happen if two besties become lovers. Are you guys excited then read my story share and comment. Kim taehyung a cheerful boy who love his pa...
458K 12.6K 131
@junghope, part of a very iconic rap duo, BTS, alongside with @minsuga. @leeyoori, a model who's bff's with a famous actor @kimtaehyung, who pushes...
705K 21.3K 59
After a fan mentions the not so infamous ship-name 'Taekook' at a fan meeting, the oblivious youngest member of the band BTS, Jungkook, does some res...
179K 11.5K 36
Taehyung lives a life as one of the most popular and desired Idol in South Korea and in the whole world. His profession requires him to uphold a care...