Girl Meets Scars

By sofawritesstuff

"The universe is the most confusing place you'll ever live." -Cory Matthews Maya and Riley; the dynamic duo... More

Chapter 1 - Prolouge
Chapter 2 - Heads Up!
Chapter 3 - The Truth.
Chapter 4 - I Swear.
Chapter 5 - Help!
Chapter 6 - My Sweet Maya
Chapter 7 - Tomorrow?
Chapter 8 - Abort!
Chapter 9 - Ice Cream for Dinner?
Chapter 10 - Something Else?
Chapter 11 - Fire and Ice
Chapter 12 - Gotta Get Goin!
Chapter 13 - First Day
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 14 - See You There, Bitch
Chapter 15 - Damnit, Gardner!
Chapter 16 - MG_HRAM
Chapter 17 - Calculator
Chapter 18 - Dont do it.
Chapter 19 - Trick!
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 20 Pt.1 - Novmember 1st
Chapter 20 Pt.2 - November 1st
Chapter 21 - Why Not?
Chapter 23 - Shit!
Chapter 24 - Finding M
Chapter 25 - Finale
Final Authors Note/Goodbye
SURPRISE EXTRA CHAPTER / FLUFF
5/27/21 Update
6/5/22 Update

Chapter 22 - Are You Serious?

151 3 3
By sofawritesstuff

IM SO SORRY IVE HAD A MAJOR WRITERS BLOCK
Anyway, here's this, the next chapter will be uploaded next week :)
kbyeenjoylmao
—————————————————————————
Maya's POV
November 24

I don't know if I can do this. I don't want to have a public freak out and cry in front of Auggie. Or anyone, as a matter of fact. I sighed, then glanced back at my desk. A small picture frame with a photo of me and Riley from 5th grade at the fair. She had a huge smile plastered across her face, a big stick of cotton candy in her hand. I stood, the walked over and picked it up. That was one of the most fun things I've ever done. I placed the photo down gently and walked into the living room.

"Hey, do you have any photos of me and Riley?" I asked my mom, plopping down next to her.
"Yeah, lots." she responded softly. "Can you send them to me? I'm gonna print them out." "Okay," she smiled, pulling out her phone. "Hey, we need to leave at 2:30 so we can help set up," she said while scrolling through her photos. "Got it," I sighed. You can do it Peaches. I'm always with you, even now. I just miss you so much, and I don't wanna cry in front of all of those people. It's okay to be vulnerable, Maya. They can see you cry; you'll live. I know. I just don't want to cry in front of Auggie, mostly.

"You Alright?" My mother asked. "Yep." "And," she said, pressing send, "done." "Thanks," I said, pulling on my shoes. "Oh, you're going right now?" she asked. I nodded, then put my phone into my pocket. "Be back at noon, okay hun?" she said behind me. "Got it. Bye mom!" I closed the door, but a nagging feeling told me to stop. Maybe I should go visit them. I sighed, then opened the door and stuck my head through. "Is it cool if I go visit the Matthews'?" I asked. She smiles, then nods. I close the door once again then take off down the street towards the Matthews' house.

"Maya." I said into the microphone. The door buzzed and I pulled it open. I really hope I don't cry in front of Auggie. Dude, it's fine to cry in front of Auggie. I know, I just don't like crying. Neither do I, and I'm dead. Oh god, please don't remind me. I made my way down the hallway to apartment 743 and knocked on the door. A moment later, a droopy-eyed Topenga slowly opens the door. She squints at me, then wipes her eyes. "Hi Maya," she sighs, moving so I could get in. "Hi, Mrs. Matthews." I stepped into the apartment. What the hell happened? There was trash scattered across the living room, and rotten foods covered the counters. The couch pillows were scattered and blankets were thrown about. Jesus. I turned around at looked at Topenga. "How ya doin?" I asked softly. She sighed, then looked down at her feet. "I'm a mess, Maya." she sniffed. "It's okay Mrs. Matthews, I am too." "I just," she started, "I can't live without her, Maya." I sighed and let a tear fall down my cheek. I sniffled, then wrapped Topenga into a hug. "Me too, Mrs. Matthews."

"Hey hun, it's almost time to-" Cory looked to Topenga then me, then back to Topenga. He swallowed, then looked down to his feet and rocked back and forth. I sighed, then stood and walked over to him. "I know Mr Matthews." "I miss her, Hart." "I know," I sighed. I saw a tear fall down his cheek, but he quickly wiped it away and straightened his back. "Are you gonna help set up?" "Yeah, Lucas and Farkle are too." I responded. He inhaled then turned on his heels toward the kitchen. "Are you hungry?" "No," I said. He's so... small. Broken. Vulnerable. "Maya?" Auggie asked feebly from around the corner. "Hey bud," I smiled. He looked at me with sadness and walked over to me. "I miss Riley." Nooooo. Aw. I hoisted him off the floor and held him in my arms. "I know bud." He sniffled, then nestled his head into my shoulder. He's so cute. I know. I hate seeing him cry though. "Hey Augs," I asked. He looked up at me with squinted eyes. "Wanna go say hi to Lucas and Farkle?" He shrugged, then wiggles out of my shoulders. He sighed deeply before turning around and lumbering down the hallway.

"I'll see you guys later, I gotta go do something." I told Topenga and Cory. They nodded, and I took off out the door. "Maya!" Topenga called after me. I stopped and turned back. "How are you so happy? She's dead!" Here we go. "I'm doing it. For her." "How?" Topenga asked quietly. I gave her a pity smile before walking in front of her. "She wouldn't want to see you like this." She sighed, then nodded. You're right. I'll see you later." She stepped back into the apartment and gently closed the door. I've never seen her like that. It's weirdo really. I know. She was my mother and I never once saw her cry, I sighed to myself before turning and starting down the stairs.

Ding! I pulled my phone from my pocket and read the text. Time to come home honey. I responded with a simple "k" and continued my way back home.

I jogged the remainder to the doorstep, then pulled open the door and stepped in. "We got an hour before we gotta leave, okay honey?" My mom said from the couch. "Gotcha."

I paced around my room, tearing it apart in the process. WHERE THE HELL IS MY SPEECH? Peaches. Chill. Just wing it, you'll be fine. "Mom?" I called out. "Have you seen me speech?" "No, I haven't!" she yelled back. "Damn it," I whispered to myself. I'll just write a new one. Peaches, you don't have to do all this. RILEY MATTHEWS. I am going to make a long-ass speech in you're honor. I huffed, then continued to search my room for that god-forsaken paper.

TIME SKIP: FUNERAL

"Riley has been my best friend since middle school. I've spent every moment of my life following her around like a little puppy. It may not sound like a good life, but for me," Farkle paused, "it was good enough. I'll miss you, Riles," he said, stepping from the podium. The church was filled with sniffles, small claps after speeches, and tears. Farkle walked over and plopped down next to me, rubbing my back. Lucas gave me a pity smile and mouthed go. I waited for another family member to step up, but no one did. Here we go. You'll do great Peaches. I sighed quietly, then stood up and walked to the podium. I wiped a stray tear from my cheek before clearing my throat, drawing the attention of the service.

"I, uh," I started. I looked to my right to find Auggie is tears, and Cory on the brink of sobbing. Jesus fucking Christ, I can't do this. I can't. I felt a waterfall of tears flow down my face before I wiped them away and cleared my throat. "I've known Riley since 4th grade, and my life hadn't been the same since. She changed my life I wanna for the best. I found myself, both the good and bad. She helped me change into the girl you know today, not the broken little puppy I was." Farkle looked at me and nodded his head in approval, before gesturing for me to go on. I rocked back onto my heels and took a deep breath. "Just being with her made my heart speed up. She was perfect. Maybe that's why I fell for her." I heard a scoff from the crowd and a few whispers, but I ignored them. "When she told me she felt the same way, I couldn't believe it," I breathed. Someone towards the back of the church stood up and began walking out the door, and I knew instantly why. "Are you fucking serious?" I called out. "You're gonna leave her FUNERAL because she was gay?" The figure stopped, then turned around and returned to their seat. I huffed before continuing. "She was the sweetest person you'd ever meet. And me, a broken little nobody had the privilege to know her."

I concluded my speech with a small sniff before stepping down from the podium. I returned to my seat and the priest took my spot. "And this concludes the memorial of Riley Matthews. Please take all belongings when leaving, and we wish you all well."

"You did great Maya," Farkle whispered as he pulled me into a hug. Lucas walked over to us and joined as well, wrapping his lengthy arms around both of us. "I can't believe she's actually gone." I sniffed. "Me too." Lucas replied. We pulled apart, and began packing our things. You did great Peaches. Thanks Riles. I really miss you. I know. Just remember what I told you.  As I turned to pick up my phone, I noticed something in the casket. A paper? I stood cautiously and slowly made my way towards it. Despite trying to avoid it, I looked down at Riley's body and let out a sob. I felt a hand wrap around my shoulder, and I turned to find Farkle at my side. A tear fell down his face and he sniffled before batting it away. I turned my attention back to the paper before slowly reaching over Riley and picking up the paper. 18205 North St, ME. Good Luck. I handed the note to Farkle before running my hands through my hair. "Son of a bitch," he growled. "What?" I asked. "Missy," he spat. "What?" Lucas snarled from behind us. "It's Missy," I said, rubbing my temple. "She's in Maine."
—————————————————————————
Ah I'm sorry this is really bad
Anyway, cliffhanger weeeeeeeeeeee
okay, I have a little story to tell y'all
So, I'm an incoming freshman, and I play French Horn. We got audition results back a few weeks ago. I MADE FIRST BAND SECOND CHAIR!!!!!!!!!! First chair is a junior, third is a senior, and I'm honestly scared lol
K bye :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 842 18
Maya Hart has been inseparable from Riley Matthews for as long as she could remember. But Maya's been seeing Riley through a different eye lately. Sh...
303K 8.4K 52
Being happy is the goal...but greatness is my mission. -Childish Gambino Nathaniel Shaw Matthews is 14. He's 14 and in the seventh grade. That...
465K 10.4K 53
Ryan Matthews was older than his twin by six minutes and twenty seconds. Though this never seemed to matter to their parents, as she was the obvious...
12.4K 429 50
Things have changed. They loved. They got hurt. Broken promises and lies that they've told. But will the pain they caused will go away? Or will it co...