Forget me | Yenyul

By gearsecond_kwangbae

"It's crazy how two people who both lost their memories found each other. But it's crazier that were forcing... More

Prologue
I: Attempt
II: Looking for them
IV: With Her
V: Daily scolding
VI: Art study
VII: Endless days
VIII: Fired
IX: Gifts
X: Surprise
XI: Phone call
XII: Run
XIII: Confused
XIV: Probably
XV: I met her
XVI: Ice cream
XVII: Found them
XVIII: Before
XIX: Promise
XX: I have something to say
XXI: Drawing
XXII: Planning
XXIII: The bet
XXIV: I missed you
XXV: Ignored
XXVI: help me
XXVII: Paper planes
XXVIII: Plans
XXIX: Mattress
XXX: Goodbye
XXXI: Bomb
XXXII: Talk
XXXIII: Talk II
XXXIV: Again
XXXV: Denial
XXXVI: Anger
XXXVII: Bargaining (1/2)
XXXVII: Bargaining (2/2)
XXXVIII: Depression
XXXIX: Depression II
XL: Hello world
XLI: She's happy
XLII: Summer Plans
XLIII: YenJin's Crazy Summer (1/3)
XLIV: Yenjin's Crazy Summer (2/3)
XLV: Yenjin's Crazy Summer (3/3)
XLVI: Missing
XLVII: Sudden Phone call
XLVIII: What happened?!
XLIX: She ...
L: Dream
LI: Yena unnie
LII: Scars
LIII: Take turns
LIV: The funeral
LV: the end
Epilogue

III: New Life

758 50 17
By gearsecond_kwangbae

6 month's after meeting each other.

[Yena's POV]

"Hello!!! Right now as you can see, i'm in our room. We live in this small place in Jeju island.

In case you don't know me my name is Choi Yena, that's it. As of now that's the only info that I know about me. I lost my memories on October 29 last year, and since I dont know my birthday I might as well celebrate that day.

Anyways ... I've been living here with my friend and only family member Yuri, for the last six months. We both lost our memories due to an 'accident' that happened to us before. Right now she's at work, I mean ... let's be real for a moment. We both have no idea who we are and we have no money. Don't worry you'd be meeting her sooner or later.

We might have lost our memories. But were happy, living here, together. We help each other make it through the day. We might not be family, actually ... were strangers. Strangers who coincidentally met each other while both of them lost their memories. Our story is crazy right?

But enough about that, I bet your bored listening to just that. So here i'll tour you in our room" I grabbed it and turned to the side to see- Yuri.

"Uhhhhhh ... what are you doing?" Why is she here early? I thought she'll be home later at five. It's still FOUR!?

"I-I ..." she took her mirror from my hand and placed it in the table. "Sorry I used your mirror"

"You didn't answer my question" she said as she sat down the floor. I sat next to her and scratched my head.

"Well ... I-I pretended to take a video of myself" goshhh!!! That was so embarrassing! She might make fun of me.

"Why?" She didnt laugh. She looked serious, maybe she's tired right now. "I'm practicing"

"For what?" I know she'll oppose but here I go. "I wanna be a vlogger. My friend said that with my personality, I might be successful as one!"

"Who said that? Which friend?" Why is she so serious right now. "Juri" I personally think being a vlogger isnt a bad idea.

"Dont talk to her anymore. She lied" she said as she took a pillow and rested her body. "WHAT!? No, Juri's a good friend. And I think that being a vlogger is a great idea. She also said that if I become successful i'll get paid for my videos" she cant do this to me.

"She just told you that so you'd quit your job and she'll get her promotion" what!? I work in a convenience store! Why would Juri do that? "She wouldn't do that. She's a good friend. And I AM planning to ... quit my job"

"What!? You cant. My work is already hard Yena you cant quit" she has a point. But i'm planning to quit after I find a new job. "I know ... i'm sorry"

"I'm sorry too, but about the vlogger idea. Forget about it, that's not gonna happen" ahhhhh ... why cant she just say yes, I support your dream. "Waeeee?"

She pulled me making me lay next to her. She turned to the side as she made me look at her. I was now staring at her as she was holding both my cheeks.

"Yena. Firstly you know that I care about you and I would LOVE to support your dream but ... we both dont have phones. You need a phone to upload videos and I certainly wont buy you a camera" I turned my eyes and looked away from her.

She's right. The idea is so stupid, were poor. We should be happy that we have food to eat.

She turned my head again and made me stare at her. "Look at me. I'm not saying your idea is stupid. I just want you to be realistic for a moment. I promise that when I save up money, i'll buy you a phone. Then you can take as many videos as you want. But for now ... we have to wok hard. Promise me that you wont quit your job ..."

"I promise" I wrapped my arms and legs around her. She tried to break free but she couldn't. "Yuri-yah. I'm sorry for making you work too hard. I'm sorry for having only one job while you have three. You dont need to buy me a phone. Your presence is already a gift for me"

She also wrapped her arms around me. "Dont be sorry. I just want you to go to work and do your best. And to do that ..." she broke free as she stood up and pulled me up as well. "... you have to go to work"

"Now?" She gave me a small smile. "You dont want to be late right?"

"I'll also be leaving later around 5:30. I might go overtime for today so dont wait for me. You know how to cook instant ramen right?" I nodded "good, now go and change your clothes. And you better go home after your shift"

I changed my clothes and bid her goodbye. To be honest, i'm quite stupid. That's why I only have one job. I tried working in other places but I got fired quickly.

My work now is good. The mood is great and my boss doesnt nag me.

"Yena's surprisingly early today" Juri said as I entered the store. I greeted her as I went to the staff room.

He looked at the clock then looked at me. "You're an hour late? Or is the clock not working?" I gave him a smile as I sit at the chair. "I'm early today!!!"

"Yeah, You're still an hour late. But this is the earliest time you came since the day you got your job. Congrats!" I'm really glad that he's my boss.

I wore the uniform and went to the counter next to Juri. "Hey"

"What happened? Why aren't you late?" Ahhhhh ... it's because Yuri came early. If she didn't I might as well be late again. "Yuri"

"AHAHAHAHAH that's great. Your not in trouble are you?" She was laughing at me. She knew that Yuri is practically my guardian or smth.

"No. But you are!" I grabbed her in the shoulders and shaked her body.

Ding ... ding ... ding

"Welcome!" I let go of her as we both greeted the customer who came in.

"What do you mean? How am I in trouble?" I hit her shoulder lightly. "Remember your vlogger idea? I told her about that ..."

"Really!? What did she say?" Juri thinks that she has the best ideas. She's really excited to her Yul's answer. "She told me to not talk to you anymore"

"AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH" she kept on laughing as a customer came to the counter.

"What's wrong with her?" The man asked as he came to pay for his drink. Beep. I handed him his drink. "Dont mind her. She's just having a good day"

"AHAHAH That's good Have a good day too bye" He said as he left the store.

I hit her shoulder as she stopped laughing. "Why? I think it's a good idea. You're also really creative"

"It's because you havent met Yuri yet" Juri might had a great idea but Yuri is right. I have to face reality and work hard first.

She cant take care of me forever. One day i'll have to take care of her and buy her gifts. That means I have to work really hard just like her.

"Anyways, do you have time later?" Uhhhh ... Yuri said she'll work overtime today but she also said that I have to go home after my work. "I do have time but Yuri said that I have to g-"

"Blah blah ... Yuri said this, Yuri said that. Come on Yena, she's not your mom. You dont have to follow everything she says" I dont know about this. I'll get in big trouble if she finds out. "But Yuri said that I should liste-"

"There you go again. Yuri said what? That you should listen to her? You're your own person. Do whatever you want! Why would you listen to everything she says?" I am my own person. But Yuri, she said that I ...

"It's because Yuri said-"

"Yena, there you go again. You know what I think you're-"

"No! Let me finish first" she stopped talking as she just looked at me. "You might think that i'm crazy for listening to everything she says. You can tease me all you want, i'll take it. The reason why I listen to her is because ... she knows me.

She knows what's best for me and she always knows what to do. Even when if she doesnt know how, she'll learn it just for me. She has three or four jobs because I can only handle one. She cooks for me and takes care of me when i'm sick.

She's always been there for me. She could leave me and look for her family anytime. But she stays and works hard just to take care of me.

She knew my name when I didn't and she ... gave me a chance to live again" Juri just stared at me before laughing again.

I  have no idea why she's laughing. I'm sure I said those words with seriousness.

"Yena, you're so whipped"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 865 25
"When I meet you, I feel like I am free because you are there to always protect me. I'm scared ... but when I'm with you, I feel safe. Don't leave me...
112K 4.7K 27
An accident causes two arch rivals to see each other in a different light. Two Opposites. One love story.
A Bet (Kangbi) √ By sam

Historical Fiction

35.2K 1.3K 25
When hyewon and her friends decided to have a bet to be eunbi's girlfriend for 5 months but what if hyewon fall in love with eunbi Draft: Jan 11,202...
23K 810 20
chaewon is an interviewer and was assigned to interview Iz*one not everyone knowing that chewon and minju had a past. Draft: February 9, 2021 Started...