Free Solo

By AMAC45

Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114

106

3.5K 142 4
By AMAC45

Audrey's POV

"Are Paris and London awake?" I ask.

"Ask them yourself." Daan says then she flips the camera. 

"There they are." I coo as I look at my babies on FaceTime. "Hi babies."

"And they're all clean and sweet smelling." My girlfriend says.

"Are they sleeping at night?" I ask.

"Yeah." Daan says. "They sleep peacefully every night."

"That's good." I say.

"Audi." Christen says as she touches my back. "It's time to go."

"Seriously?" I ask.

"We gotta go to training Rugrat." Christen says making me sigh.

"Okay." I mumble. "I gotta go Daan."

"We'll talk to you later."

"Okay." I say. "Bye Paris Bye London...Mama loves you."

"Bye Audi." Daan says. "I love you."

"I love you too." I say then we hang up.

After we hang up I close my eyes.

"Do we really have to go?" I ask.

"We do Munchkin." Ali says.

"Okay." I mumble. "Come on Balto."

I grab my training bag then me and Balto walk outside the hotel and get on the bus. Once on the bus Balto and I sit in our normal row then we relax as we head to the training pitch

While we're driving I swipe through the thousands of photo's I have of my kids.

"Stupid Olympics." I mumble.

As I'm looking at one of the photo's I hear Balto whimper.

"What's wrong Bubba?" I ask.

Balto looks at me then he licks my phone screen and whimpers again.

"I know Bubba." I say as I wipe off my phone screen. "I miss them too."

"We're here Rugrat." Christen says.

"Okay." I mumble then Balto and I follow my favorite aunt off the bus.

After we're off the bus, Balto and I head to the training pitch then we head to the end of the bench. Once we're at the end of the bench I put on my boots and shin guards then Balto and I heard to far end of the field and sit down.

"Oh Balto." I say as I pet my dog. "Think they'd let us go see Daan and the kids sometime soon?"

Balto whines for a few seconds then he nuzzles my face with his snout.

While Balto is busy nuzzling my face I notice some of my aunts and my Mama coming over.

"You okay Munchkin?" Ash questions so I shrug.

"Audrey what's wrong?" Christen asks.

"I miss my kids." I say. "And I wanna go home."

- - - - -

Daniëlle's POV

"Your phone's ringing." Viv says so I look at my phone, see Audrey's favorite Aunt is calling, then I pick up the phone and answer it.

"Hey Christen." I say into my phone.

"Hey Daan." Christen says. "What city are you guys in?"

"Paris, Well Saint-Denis, but we're still in Paris...Why?"

"Is it possible for Hope to come get the babies then bring them to us at our hotel?" Christen questions. "Audrey...Audrey's not doing to good being away from them or you."

"What do you mean?"

"She's crying herself to sleep at night, she doesn't wanna go to training...Daan she's even floated around the idea of quitting just so she can see you guys."

"What?" I question.

"I've never seen her like this Daan." Christen says.

"Send me the address." I say. "I'll bring the kids."

"Alright." Christen says. "Shit she's coming bye."

Christen hangs up so I pack my diaper backpack up until I have everything I'll need. Once my backpack is packed I wrap my babies in their swaddling blankets then I put on my backpack.

"Ready?" Viv asks.

"Huh?" I question as I bring my babies into my arms.

"We don't have a rental car with baby carriers in them so you're gonna need someone else to drive so you can hold onto your kids." Viv says. "So you ready for me to drive."

"Sure." I say.

"Then let's go." Viv says then we leave the room.

Once out of the room Viv and I head down stairs, leave the hotel, then we get in the car and head to the hotel that my girlfriend is staying in.

When we get to the hotel I text Christen that we're here then Viv and I get out of the car and carry Paris and London into the hotel.

"There they are." Viv says then a group of women approach us.

"Thank fuck you're here." Ali says as she hugs me.

"Is it that bad?" I question.

"Well she's currently being talked into staying here by Hope." Ash says.

"So it's bad." I say.

"Yeah." Christen says. "We'll take you to her."

"Thank you." I say then Viv and I follow the group of women up to Audrey's room.

Once at Audrey's room someone opens up the door then we head into the room.

"Audrey someone's here to see you." Ali says.

"Who?" My girlfriend says then everyone moves out of the way to reveal me. "Daan?"

"Hi Audi." I say as I walk to my girlfriend. "Paris and London need some Mama time."

"I missed you." Audrey says as she hugs me and our babies.

"I missed you too." I say then I kiss my girlfriend before she grabs our children.

Once Audrey has our kids the two of us sit down on her bed with Hope while the rest of her Aunts sit on the other bed in the room.

"What's going on Audrey?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" Audrey asks as she holds Paris and London.

"Why do you wanna quit?"

Audrey doesn't answer me so hold her hand to get her to look at me.

"Is this about what happened with the kids?" I ask.

"No." Audrey quickly says. "............Maybe."

"Baby it's okay to still be upset about what happened." I say. "You just need to talk to somebody about it."

"Wait what happened?" Alex asks.

I look at my girlfriend and watch her sadly nod then I look at her Aunt's and teammates.

"When I was pregnant, I was originally pregnant with triplets." I say.

"But you had twins?" Ash says in a confused manner.

"It's called a Vanishing Triplet." Audrey says. "Vanishing Triplet is a fetus in a multi-gestation pregnancy which dies inside the uterus and then is partially or completely reabsorbed."

"So..." Christen says as Kelley takes Paris and London from Audrey.

"At one appointment there were three babies then a week later there were only two." Audrey says then she starts crying.

"Audrey." Hope says as she sits down next to her daughter. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"You didn't know we were having triplets." Audrey says as she starts sobbing.

"It's okay babygirl." Hope says as she holds her daughter. "Let it out baby. Just let it out."

Hope holds Audrey for awhile until my girlfriend eventually cries her self to sleep.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that Daan." Hope says as she covers her daughter up.

"Audrey helped me come to terms with it." I say as I lay Paris and London next to their Mama.

Moments after Paris and London are next to their Mama, Audrey rolls over and wraps an arm across our babies.

"Aww." Kelley says.

"I guess Audrey hasn't come to terms with it?" Christen says.

"I guess not." I say as I run my fingers through Audrey's hair. "Do you know why it would affect her so much that she wants to quit?"

"She thinks it's her fault." Hope says. "During her teen years a certain dickhead who forced me to marry him told her that she would be a terrible mother...i guess in Audrey's mind that she thinks the triplet died because of her."

"Nothing could've prevented it." I say.

"She knows that." Hope says. "But she wants to be the best parent she can be so she's upset that her baby died and she wasn't able to help the baby in any way."

"So she wants to quit so she can protect us."

"Exactly." Hope says. "But we're not gonna let her because we all know how much Audrey needs to be on the pitch."

"I'd hate to see Audrey without football in her life." Tobin says.

"It's not a good sight to see." I say.

"Too loud." Audrey mumbles.

"Sorry Audi." I say then I lean down a kiss her head. "Go back to sleep baby."

"Mokay." Audrey mumbles. "I sorry."

"It's okay Audrey." I say. "Everything'll be okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 689 13
Alex Morgan has a few things she's keeping from her teammates. Things like who she's in love with, and how she lost her, and how she needs help getti...
195K 5.7K 52
This story is about two twins who both play soccer and come from a rough home life. Soccer is their safe place. What happens when the USWNT visits th...
265K 6.6K 43
Anna has had a very hard upbringing, but she's defeated every hurdle thrown her way. But what will happen when her biggest secret comes to light and...
587K 14.1K 71
Meet Cody, an average teenager, dealing with a rough home life and the school bully, who just so happens to be her Captain on the high school soccer...