You're My Monster - Jasper Ha...

By xxmelissakxx

Summary: Alexia Swan is the eldest daughter of Charlie Swan and Renee Dwyer. She has the 'perfect life.' Amaz... More

Story Details
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8-Finale

Chapter 7

12.6K 239 209
By xxmelissakxx

I sit with my dad at the kitchen table while he cleans his hunting rifle. I hand him his cleaning oil when he reaches out, not quite looking up, keeping his focus on his gun. Somehow, I always know exactly what he needs before he says anything. Helping him out for years, you get into a routine.

"Are you going out with Jasper today?" Dad glances up at me.

"Yeah. His family is playing baseball again today and invited me." I smile.

"You got a good boy there." Dad picks up his beer. "Keep him."

"I plan on it, dad." I blush slightly.

Before dad can say anything else, Bella walks into the room with another beer.

"Here, dad. I got you another one." She puts it on the table.

He nods, taking a sip of his current one.

"I'm going on a date with Edward Cullen." she blurts out.

His head snaps up at her as if she told him she was gonna jump off a cliff.

"Excuse me?" He asks, as if he didn't hear her.

"I have a date with Edward." She repeats.

Dad looks at me, his brow arched, resting high on his forehead.

"Jasper's younger brother, correct?"

I nod. When Jasper hangs out with my dad and I, he talks about his family. He probably also remembers us talking about him when we were in the hospital after the van accident. Dad looks back at Bella and shakes his head.

"He's too old for you." Dad states.

"We're both juniors. I thought you liked the Cullens." Bella raises an eyebrow.

"And I thought you weren't interested in any of the boys in town." Dad glances at her again.

"Edward doesn't live in town." Bella shrugs. "Were you like this when Alexia brought home Jasper?"

"Jasper is a very nice boy. I also met him before he asked her on their first date." Dad smirks toward me before looking at his rifle.

"It's in the early stages and..." Bella sighs. "Whatever, he's outside right now."

"Now?" Dad asks. "He's out there?"

"He wants to meet you. Officially." Bella nods.

"Good." Dad grabs his rifle.

He cocks it in mock-seriousness.

I giggle. He did the same thing when he met Jasper a few days after I met him.

"Be nice, okay? He's..." she pauses. "Important."

He nods, reassuringly. She runs to the door and dad smirks at me. I shake my head and giggle. I stand and grab my baseball shirt the Cullens got made for me. Edward walks into the room with a huge winter jacket on and a pair of gloves. I raise an eyebrow as he steps toward dad.

"Chief Swan. I wanted to formally introduce myself. I'm Edward." He puts his hand out.

My dad shakes his hand and nods before grunting a hello.

"We won't keep Bella and Alexia out late tonight. We're just going to play baseball with my family." He states.

"Ally told me but Bella's going to be playing?" Dad chuckles very quietly.

I can see Bella from my spot and she's just as surprised as dad.

"Yes, sir." Edward nods. "That's the plan."

"Well. More power to you, I guess." Dad shrugs. "Oh. Tell Jasper, I got ten bucks on Ally's team again."

Dad always bets on these baseball games. Even though I'm not actually playing, Jasper always says my team won. Mainly because Jasper's team usually does win. I smirk to myself and walk to the door.

"Bye, dad! Love you!" I call out, walking out the door.

I see Jasper in the backseat of Emmett's Jeep, hiding so dad doesn't see him. I raise my eyebrow again and get in the back.

"What are you doing?" I close the door.

"Edward wanted to meet him without one of us here, but I ain't leaving you alone with him." He leans over and kisses my cheek.

I nod in understanding and wait for the new couple to get in the car. The car ride is quiet all the way to the clearing in the woods near their house. I glance out the window to see Emmett and Rosalie goofing off while Kevin and Alice are tossing a ball back and forth. Esme and Carlisle are standing to the side, just holding each other.

Edward parks the jeep before getting out. Jasper steps out before helping me down. I walk with him toward the family. Emmett quickly tosses a baseball bat toward us...Toward me mostly but Jasper catches it before smirking at him. Emmett smirks.

"I was hoping she'd catch it." He whines.

I laugh and shake my head.

"Oh, hell nah." I say.

All the Cullens start laughing and I glance over as Bella walks up with Edward.

"Good thing both of you are here. We need umpires." Esme smiles widely.

My usual position.

"She and Ally think we cheat." Emmett says, walking past us.

"You do cheat!" I call out toward him.

"It was one time!" Emmett calls back.

"He finally admits it!" I laugh. "Rose, you hear that?"

"I fucking knew it!" She laughs and wraps an arm around my shoulder. "I knew my favorite umpire wouldn't lie to me."

Bella looks down at her shoes and I smirk slightly. Alice runs over to the pitcher's mound while Emmett, Edward, and Kevin run to the field, since they're all on one team. Carlisle, Rose, Jasper and Esme are on the other team. Bella and I, since we're humans, don't actually have a team.

"Oh, Jasper!" Edward calls out, causing him to look up. "Charlie says ten bucks on Ally's team."

Jasper starts laughing.

"Looks like we're winning again!" Jasper smirks toward him.

They don't have to yell but they do it so Bella and I can hear them. They've been doing it since I started dating him. It makes me feel involved so they try to do it as much as they can.

"Bull!" Emmett calls out, laughing.

"It's time!" Alice giggles.

Esme stands behind Rose since she's the first to bat. I gently grab Bella's hand and pull her to Esme so we can stand behind her. Alice throws the ball to her and Rose swings, hitting it. The sound cracks through the air like thunder. Bella jumps slightly and watches as Rose runs toward first base.

"Now I get why you need the thunder." Bella tells Esme.

She smiles widely as the ball flies through the air like a meteor deep into the forest. Edward immediately chases after it.

"That has to be a home run." Bella states, watching Rose.

"Edward's very fast." Esme smirks slightly.

"He's pretty much the fastest." I say, squatting down.

As Rose runs toward us, the ball flies toward Esme. Esme catches it as Rose slides across the ground. The dust settles and Esme has the ball on Rose's foot. Their heads snap up at Bella and I.

"You're out." Bella states.

Rose looks at me and I sigh.

"Sorry, Rose. She's right."

Rose huffs before standing and walking past Bella, hitting her with her shoulder. She wraps an arm around my shoulder and smiles at me. We can hear Emmett cheering in the field.

"Come on, babe! It's just a game!" He laughs.

I giggle and lean against Rose. Next up to bat is Carlisle. He hits the ball but Emmett jumps into the tree and catches it before it can go anywhere. Carlisle is stuck at second base.

"My monkey man." Rose smirks.

"He is a monkey...but I don't know about man." I glance at her.

She starts laughing causing me to laugh with her. Emmett looks up.

"What did she say?"

"Nothing, Em!" I continue laughing.

Jasper walks up toward the plate. He decides to show off because he swings the bat under his right leg causing it to flip. He taps it so it flips again and catches it, tossing it under his left leg catching it again.

"Now that's a man." I smirk.

She laughs before nudging me with her hip.

"That's my brother!"

I laugh again as Jasper steps up to bat, officially. He glances at me and winks, causing me to blush. Alice tosses the ball and he hits the ball. Emmett and Edward jump for it at the same time, slamming into each other. It sounds like two boulders crashing into each other. Before Jasper can start running, Alice calls out.

"Stop!! They're coming!"

Everyone quickly looks up. Kevin, Edward and Emmett run straight toward us, Carlisle and Alice following. Edward runs to Bella and pulls her into his arms while Rose and Jasper run to me.

"They're traveling quickly." Alice stares into her vision.

"You said they left the county." Rose says, glancing around quickly.

"They did, but they heard us." She says, looking toward Carlisle.

"Come on, girls." Edward says, reaching for my arm.

Jasper growls and Rose smacks his hand.

"You can't. They're too close." Carlisle says, glancing at us.

Edward sighs and turns to Bella.

"Put your hair down."

He starts fixing her hair and hat.

"Like that'll help. I could smell her from across the field." Rose smarts off and rolls her eyes.

She turns toward me and puts my hair back in a ponytail for me. Edward keeps whispering to Bella and Jasper wraps his arm around me, causing me to turn away from them. I glance at the trees to see three vampires running toward us. They're barefoot and as they get closer, I can see their burgundy eyes.

They drink human blood. The African American with braids holds up our baseball.

"I believe this belongs to you." He smiles.

He tosses the ball to Carlisle who catches it easily and smiles.

"Thank you." Carlisle says, politely. "I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a message for us."

"Our apologies. We didn't realize the territory had been claimed." Hr raises an eyebrow.

"Yes, we maintain a permanent residence nearby." Carlisle nods.

"Really? Well, we won't be a problem anymore." He says.

"The humans were tracking us, but we led them East." The woman says. "You'll be safe."

"I'm Laurent. This is Victoria and James." He introduces them.

"I'm Carlisle and this is my family." Carlisle gestures to us.

I glance over at James to see him watching Bella and I with such...curiosity.

"Could you use three more players?" Laurent asks.

Carlisle glances at us.

"Uh, sure. A couple of us were just leaving." He nods.

He tosses the ball, but Victoria catches it.

"I'm the one with the wicked curve ball." She smirks.

Laurent and Victoria turn around and start talking about the game while James stares at Bella and I. Jasper starts ushering me over toward the Jeep as Edward does the same to Bella. It all turns to hell in a split second. The wind picks up causing my hat to fly off my head and Bella's hair to fly in the wind.

James sniffs the air and crouches with his nostrils flaring. The Cullens crowd around us in the same manner with Jasper and Emmett right in front of me. Edward growls and holds Bella behind him.

"You brought a snack." James smirks at us.

Laurent and Victoria crouch beside James.

"A human?" He asks, slightly.

"The girls are with us." Carlisle glares at them.

"We won't harm her." He stands straight.

James stays crouched, staring at us with hunger written all over his face.

"Just try it." Emmett growls.

"I think it's best if you leave." Carlisle states.

"Yes, I can see the game is over. We'll go now. James?" Laurent says, glancing at him.

He doesn't move a muscle until Laurent puts his hand on his shoulder. He smirks at us before turning and running with his coven. We all wait a second before Carlisle speaks up.

"Get the girls out of here. We'll follow them."

Jasper and Edward rush us to the Jeep. Jasper helps me in before climbing in himself. Edward pushes Bella into the passenger seat and tries to help her with her seat belt.

"I got it." Bella yells.

He quickly runs around and gets in before driving. No one says anything until Bella starts to freak out.

"Edward, what's going on? Who is that guy?"

"James is a tracker. I saw his mind. The hunt is his obsession and our reaction...set him off." Edward turns the wheel quickly. "We made this his most exciting game ever."

"Where are we going?" She asks.

I glance up at Jasper as I feel a wave of calmness. He holds me close and kisses my head.

"The first place he'll go is your house. He'll track your scent there." Edward explains to Bella.

"What?! Charlie is there. He's in danger because of us." Bella says, horrified.

"We have to get you guys out of town." Edward says calmly.

"What are we supposed to tell dad?" I say, catching their attention.

"Whatever you have to." Edward says, glaring at the road.

"Can't we just say we're going to sleep at your house? With Alice and Rose?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No. We need something that will give you guys a few days away from him." Edward snaps at me.

"Edward." Jasper growls.

Edward takes a deep breath and shakes his head.

"Anything to keep you away for a few days." Edward says, softer.

He quickly pulls into my driveway and Bella sighs.

"I know what to say...Just go with it." She steps out of the car.

I glance at Jasper before getting out myself. Bella runs toward the house with Edward following us. She slams open the door, grabbing my arm and pulls me inside.

"I said, leave me alone!" She yells at Edward.

"Bella, don't do this. Just think about it please!" Edward says, desperately.

"Get out! It's over!" She slams the door and runs upstairs.

I look at dad as she runs over to the door.

"What happened?" He asks, quickly.

"Edward and Bella got into a fight. A pretty bad one while we were playing." I run up the stairs.

I run into my room and shut the door to see Jasper already packing a bag for me.

"God damn." I say, seeing my bag pretty much already done.

Jasper looks up at me with a small smile before he feels how worried I am.

"Don't worry. I'll be at the house waiting for you. Edward will drive you guys in Bella's truck there." He softly cups my cheeks and kisses my lips.

I kiss him back as passionately as I can...as if I will never see him again. He pulls away and quickly runs out of my balcony doors. I open my door to see dad talking to Bella run from the door.

"Don't worry, dad. I'll take good care of her." I say, catching dad's attention.

"It's night. You guys can catch an airplane in the morning." He tries to reason.

"Believe me, dad. I've been trying to get her to listen to me the whole ride here. She wants to leave now." I sigh. "As soon as I drop her off at mom's, I'll come right back."

He sighs and Bella runs out of her room.

"Your mother's not even in Phoenix." Dad says, following Bella down the stairs.

I run after them trying to listen to the conversation.

"She'll come home. I'll call her from the road." Bella turns to him.

"You can't drive now.-" Dad starts.

"I want to drive. I need time to think. Alexia can drive when I get tired. We'll even get a motel room in a few hours if it will make you feel better. I promise." Bella says, walking toward the door now.

"Bells, I know I'm not around much but I can change that. The three of us can do more things together." Dad tries to say. "Ally is used to it, but now that you're here, I can stay home more."

Dad and I have always had a schedule so we always did things together. With Bella here, he feels like he's been pushing her to the side.

"Like watch more baseball on the flat screen? Or go to the diner? Same people, same steak and burgers, same better cobbler every night?" Bella shakes her head. "That's you guys, dad. Not me."

"Bella..." Dad says, with his lip quivering. "I just got you back."

Bella glanced at me before looking at dad.

"And if I don't get out now, I'm going to get stuck here like Ally and mom did."

She opens the door and runs to her truck. I gasp slightly before looking at dad. He bites his lip slightly before looking at me.

"Take care of her. Call me as soon as you get there." He kisses my temple. "Love you, Ally."

"I love you, dad...And I'm not stuck here. I love it here." I whisper.

I run out the door to her truck and I get inside. She backs out of the driveway and drives toward the Cullens house. We drive for a few minutes and I wipe the tears that escape my eyes. We both jump when something hits the drivers side door. Edward peeks into the truck, watching us for a second.

"He'll forgive you." He says and opens the door as Bella drives. "Slide over."

Bella slides over, keeping her foot on the gas pedal as Edward grabs the steering wheel. He climbs in and takes over driving as Bella leans into me.

"His face...I said the same words my mother used when she left him." Bella whispers.

I wrap my arms around her and tears slightly.

"It was the only way he'd let you guys go." Edward glances at us. "Your father's safe now. The tracker is following us."

He starts driving faster and I rub Bella's back.

"Don't worry, Bells. It will be all over soon and you can talk it over with dad." I whisper and watch her.

She just nods but we both jump as we hear a huge thump in the bed of the truck.

"It's alright. It's just Emmett." Edward reaches over and takes Bella's hand. "Alice is in the car behind us. Jasper ran home to pack up the other cars."

No one says anything the whole ride. Bella and I glance out the window to see our friends walking out of a restaurant, laughing. They look so happy and carefree, while Bella and I are running for our lives. Even though they are having a lot of fun. I still wouldn't exchange Jasper for the run they are having. I love him so much and if running from another vampire is what I gotta deal with...I'll do it.

Edward quickly pulls up to the driveway and pulls Bella out of the car. I get out and Emmett speeds me into the house along with Edward doing the same with Bella. We walk inside but stop in our tracks to see Laurent walking down the stairs with Carlisle. Edward and Emmett immediately take their defense positions but Carlisle puts his hand up.

"He came to warn us." He says. "About James."

They stand straight again and watch him.

"I've grown tired of his games. But he's got unparalleled senses." Laurent admits. "Absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in 300 years...And the woman, Victoria, will back him. Don't underestimate her."

"Thank you." Carlisle shakes his hand.

Laurent looks at Bella and I before leaving the house. Jasper runs into the room and pulls me into his arms.

"You okay?" He whispers against my hair.

I grip his shirt and nod against him.

"Let's go, darlin'." He gently pulls me to the garage area.

I walk in and look around. Carlisle's car is the only one with the trunk up, waiting for Bella and I's bags.

"I've had to fight our kind before." Jasper says, glancing at Carlisle as he walks me to his car. "We're hard to kill."

"But not impossible. We'll tear him up." Edward says, grabbing Bella's bag from her hand.

"We'll rip him apart with our hands and burn the pieces." Emmett says with bloodlust. "No one is touching my little sister."

Emmett gently pats my back before opening some cabinet doors. Jasper gently takes my bag and pulls out a jacket he packed for me before putting my bag in the trunk.

"I don't relish killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle says, opening more cabinets and grabbing items.

"If he doesn't get to one of us first." Rose says, rolling her eyes and jumps up onto one of the counters.

"This is insane. You can't put yourselves in danger like this- for me." Bella says, watching them.

Everyone seems to ignore her while grabbing items from the cabinet. Jasper turns to Kevin before whispering to him.

"I'll run Bella south, while you lead the tracker away." Edward says, coming up with his own plan.

"No, Edward. The tracker thinks you won't leave Bella. He'll follow you." Carlisle shakes his head. "Plus Ally will be going too. He knows she won't leave Bella."

"I'll go with the girls." Alice chimes in. "Kevin and I will drive her south. I'll keep them safe, Edward."

Edward thinks for a few seconds before looking at her.

"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" He asks, frustrated.

She nods and Edward hands her the keys to Carlisle's car. He opens one of Bella's bags and pulls out a thick jacket and tosses it to Rose.

"Esme, Rose, put these on so the tracker will pick up Bella's scent." Edward looks up.

Rose drops it to the ground as she jumps off the counter.

"Why should I? What is she to me?" Rose asks, growling slightly.

"Rosalie. Bella is with Edward just like Ally is with Jasper. She's a part of this family now too. We protect our family." Carlisle states, holding up Bella's jacket.

She glares at Edward before reaching a hand out toward Jasper, putting her hand around Carlisle.

"I'll do it for Ally. Not her." She says, staring down Edward. "You do remember she's here too right? You seem to forget she's in danger too."

Jasper tosses my jacket toward her and wraps an arm around me.

"Thanks, Rose." He says, nodding toward her.

She nods and smiles slightly at me before putting on the jacket. Jasper turns toward me and sighs.

"I wish I was going with you, but-" He states.

"Jasper, I'll be okay. Alice and Kevin will be with us. You just stop this asshole." I cut him off.

He sighs and nods before leaning down. He presses his lips against mine, which I happily accept. He holds me close before pulling away and looks into my eyes.

"I love you." He whispers.

"And I love you." I whisper, staring into his eyes.

He kisses my lips again before opening the back seat door. I climb in and he closes the door.

"I'll call you as soon as I can." He says.

"I'll be waiting." I whisper.

He kisses my forehead and backs up. Kevin quickly speeds forward and pulls out of the garage. I turn around and watch the Cullen house get smaller behind us before I let a tear escape. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

463K 16.2K 57
B O O K T W O ; Christina Swan had only managed to survive the first year of supernatural, but things were starting to heat up. She didn't want to f...
884K 27.1K 48
B O O K O N E ; Christina Swan was the older sister to the infamous Bella Swan. The twenty-one year old was the reason that the two sisters were mov...
56.1K 1K 14
Amy Swan, older sister by one year of Bella Swan. Half sister, but guess who her mother is? She was a powerful witch and a Bennett witch who was the...
225K 3.8K 29
Tia Swan younger sister of Bella Swan. They have the same mum but different dad. She has been living with her Charlie. When she was younger she used...