When Souls Fall in Love

By cynthiasalazarm

WARNING: My story contains mature and sensitive content. Please read at your own risk. *** Previously "Saving... More

Introduction.
CAST
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101

Chapter 78

38 7 1
By cynthiasalazarm

#blacklivesmatter
____________________________________

I could practically feel the color drain from my face and felt sick. Aiden a dad of a baby from another girl? It had to be a nightmare.

"I'm sorry what?"

"You're a dad baby, this is our daughter." She grinned holding her up.

It felt almost intrusive being here and witnessing this moment, so without a word I quietly made my way to leave.

"Hey, where are you going?" Aiden asked gently grabbing my hand.

"I don't think I should be here." I whispered

"Please don't go. I need you." He pleaded. I saw the desperation and the immense confusion in his eyes and couldn't say no. So I nodded.

"Okay," I said. Aiden smiled and laced our fingers. This action was not unseen by Jennifer who's nose flared and eyes narrowed.

"Babe, why are you holding the servants hand?"

"She is no servant. That beautiful young lady is my daughter in law. And you respect her." Yolanda raised her voice.

"No. No, she has to go. You cannot be with her now that you know you and I have a kid together."

"How do I know she's even mine?"

Jennifer scoffed. "I knew you wouldn't believe me so I made sure to take a paternity test to prove it." She reached into her bag and pulled out an envelope. "Here, read it for yourself."

Aiden took it and pulled out the papers inside.

"What does it say?" His mom asked

"It says... I'm the dad."

"I hate to leave now but honey I have to go to work." Yolanda sighed. "We'll talk later tonight okay?" She said patting Aiden's cheek.

Jennifer raised her baby's hand. "Say bye to grandma." She waved her daughter's hand. Yolanda placed her hand on her heart and left the room.

"I don't understand, when did this happen?" Aiden asked

"Don't you remember? We got drunk one party and couldn't keep our hands to ourselves. We didn't use protection and you f|cked me all night long." She faked a moan. I felt the bile rise to my throat and stood up.

"I need some air." I said to no one in particular. I left the room and exited outside. Feeling like my legs were going to collapse I sat down on the front porch.

Aiden had s|xual relations with her this year?

I was well aware this had occurred way before he moved here and met me but somehow I still felt betrayed.

"I'm telling you right now. Either she goes or I'm leaving back to New Jersey and taking your daughter with me." The door opened and Jennifer walked out. "So what's it going to be?"

I saw the torn look on Aiden's face and answered for him. "I'll go. I'm sorry for causing problems between you two." I saw the victorious smirk on her face but nonetheless I left. I wasted no time to run up to my room and locked the door behind and dropped feeling a lonesome tear slide down my cheek.

How could this be happening right now? Right when I felt hope for the future.

My phone buzzed with a message from Bella asking who the girl talking with Aiden was. I lifted my phone and proceeded to call her asking her to come over.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Bella asked as she and Liz entered my room.

"Aiden has a daughter." I choked. "That girl is the mother of his child." I looked up at them with my tear filled eyes. "He told me about that girl and how horribly she used him when he was a sophomore, but I come to find out they had sexual intercourse nine months ago?"

I didn't see Aiden for the remainder of the week with the exception of school. We still had just about all of our classes together but once school was over that was it. We didn't text very often either as he was well occupied with his daughter.

During training I had informed the boys Aiden wouldn't be joining us for a while due to his personal life and no questions were asked. As for Aiden who asked about training I simply told him he trained to help with my safety but that was no longer a priority. He had a daughter and that was now his main concern so he shouldn't worry about me or Chico's. Perhaps it wasn't what he wanted to hear but it was the truth.

"I don't know what's on your mind but whatever it is must be clearly upsetting you." Logan said

"Why do you say that?" I ask breathlessly as I shove a knife into the dummy behind me.

"I've never seen you practice so hardly. I like it. Channel that anger into what you're doing and you'll feel better at the end." Carter stated.

I continued on with the simulation and spun on my toes launching the knife from my hand into the head of a dummy a few feet away from me.

"You're getting really good at this." Cameron praised.

"So Aiden can't make it huh?" Connor said out of the nowhere.

"I want to move onto guns." I announced, changing the subject.

"Easy there," Liam raised his hands. "How about we work on that another day when you're in a peaceful state of mind. Practice your combat skills instead and take your frustration out from doing that."

"I agree," Landon pitched in. "Come on, I'll spar with you. Just don't break my bones."

I smiled. "No promises."

"So why isn't Aiden coming to our training sessions?" Justin asked on the way home. Bella glanced at me and gave him a look.

"What?"

"Didn't you hear? He has a daughter." I replied.

"And how exactly was I supposed to know that if you're the only one who knows. I'm sure Bella and Liz know but that's because you told them." He said just as we arrived. The three of us exited the car and leaned against it.

"You're right, sorry, it's just weird you know? And out of the nowhere to. I don't know what I'm supposed to think or how I'm supposed to feel." I sighed.

"Come here," Justin said pulling me in. I let my shoulders sag and relaxed.

"Your hugs always hit different." I mumbled.

"Does Aiden's mom know you're sl*tting around?" A voice said loudly.

I pulled away to see Jennifer walk to her car, a smirk on her face. That was until she saw Justin's profile and straightened herself up. 

"Not that it's any of your concern but I was simply hugging my best friend." There were a thousand things I wanted to say to her face but I kept shut. I pushed myself off my car and headed for my house.

"I'm going to get him back." She called over my shoulder. I stopped in my tracks.

"Aiden," she continued. "I'm going to have him wrapped around my fingers again and I'm going to make sure it stays that way and I'll start by getting rid of you."

"I won't argue with you, perhaps you may get him back in your life but as far as feelings are concerned, there's nothing you can do to make the hatred and disgust he has for you go away." I didn't actually know if hated her but I was well aware he didn't like her very much.

Her nose flared and eyes turned into slits. She was clearly pissed. She took a menacing step forward but before she could make it far, Bella stepped in front of her.

"I dare you to try something. I do not care who you are, you do not lay a single hand on my best friend." She grit.

Justin gently pulled me towards him as if to conceal me from the scene. While I wasn't the taddest bit scared, I didn't reject his hug.

"What's going on here?" Aiden appeared. His eyes connected with mine for a brief second, then trailed to Justin's arms around me and then back towards Bella and Jennifer.

Bella gave Jennifer one final glare and turned to Aiden. "Watch your babymama, she's been warned. And now so have you." Bella spun on her heels and guided Justin and I towards my house.

"I don't know who's more annoying, Ashley or Jennifer." Bella huffed.

I shook my head with a smile. "Don't work yourself over either one of them."

She grinned. "We can't all stay calm and unaffected like you. I love how unbothered you always seem when people come at you."

"I'm not going to give them any satisfaction." 

"So Aiden really has a child with that woman?" Justin finally spoke.

I shrugged. "Apparently."

"Do you actually believe that child is his?" Bella asked

"Truthfully, I don't know. She brought paperwork that proved he was the dad but you can always fake those."

**

The following weekend, I received a message from Aiden asking me to come over. I hadn't gone over all week in attempt to avoid any confrontations with Jennifer. When I asked about her, however, Aiden said she wasn't going to be there all weekend. I didn't ask why, and instead got ready because I had truly missed him.

When I arrived, Aiden opened the door the baby in his arms, and his chin holding the bottle he was using to feed her. As soon as he opened the door, he let go of the door handle and grabbed the bottle.

"I thought you said she wasn't here?"

"She isn't, but she left Kayla with me so her and I could spent time forever."

"Kayla.. your daughter."

Aiden nodded. "I need to go to the bathroom, can you hold for a bit?"

"Sure," he was quick to place the baby in my arms and ran upstairs.

I can't lie to you, she was a beautiful baby girl but I failed to see the resemblance she had with Aiden. She was definitely her mother's daughter. But she did not contain a single characteristic that could be matched to him.

I frowned. I wanted to tell him but I was worried he'd get upset with me and I didn't want to ruin today for us as who knows when I get to be with him again.

I fed Kayla the rest of her bottle as she was still hungry. She had finished her bottle just as Aiden was coming back so I decided to burp her. She did but some leftover milk came out as well and landed on my sweater. Aiden's eyes widened in alarm but I remained calm.

"Can you hold her while I take off my sweater?" 

"Here, I'll have the maid wash it for you."

"Maid? You never had a maid."

"We got one to help us with Kayla. Despite us being able to pay one, my mom never wanted us to have a maid but now we need a little more help with the baby around. You can borrow one of my hoodies and I'll put Kayla to sleep and we can come down to eat breakfast?"

I nodded. "Okay." I wasn't going to say the no to the idea of getting to wear one of Aiden's hoodies that smelled like him. Since my sweater had been yellow, I thought it was only fair I steal one of his hoodies with a similar color.

If the baby throwing up on me meant I could take his hoodies, well it didn't seem so bad after all.

"Did you find a hoodie-" Aiden stopped mid-sentence and looked at my leggings.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. That seemed to snap him out of his train of thought as he looked up looking a little... strained?

"Sorry," he began rubbing the back of his neck. "I may have imagined what it would look like if you weren't wearing your leggings and your legs were bare and you were wearing my hoodie... we should go eat now."

"Are you hungry?"

"Starving." 

_________________________________

Yay, another update 💓 how are you my loves? It's a tough time we're living in 😔
I hope you're all doing well❤️ you can message me if you ever need someone to talk to 💛

Love you lots and lots 💗

~ THIA ♥️✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 894 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
456 97 18
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...
9.8M 465K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
60.6K 1.6K 27
UNEDITED! "We're just friends, Cam." his eyes go to the left and he avoids my gaze. I walk up to him and he immediately looks up to my eyes, flickeri...