Dreams of Eden (Ace of Queens...

By marcyswales17

When Alec Radacovick becomes the head Queen's guard he feels as if he is on top of the world. For once, every... More

CH.1 Birthday Wish
CH.2 The Heywood
CH.3 Good Luck Cookies
CH.4 Sing Along
CH.5 Sunbathing
Ch.6 Sunflowers
CH.7 Strawberry Frappe
CH.8 Keeper
CH.9 Vessel
CH.10 Family Secrets
CH.11 Sunshine
CH.12 Three days and three nights
CH.13 Meet me at Midnight
CH.14 Bring me the moon
CH.15 Sleeping Beauty
CH.16 The other woman
CH.17 Posey's Crimes
CH.18 Hands to myself
CH.19 Stolen kisses
CH.20 One of a kind
CH.21 Professor
CH.22 Hold your peace
CH.23 Life of Pi
CH.24 Under the stars
CH.25 Through the looking glass
CH.26 Empty promises
CH.27 A Prince & His Princess
CH.28 Nothing but the truth
CH.29 As you wish
CH.30 Garden of Eden
CH.31 Restoring the balance
CH.32 Remember me
CH.33 Mother
CH.34 Arden
CH.35 Fruit of the dead
CH.36 Marked
CH.37 Take me home
Epilogue

CH.38 The Sun

11.9K 863 312
By marcyswales17

Chapter 38

The first week back was an emotional roller coaster for everyone. Jackson cried with joy for hours upon having his daughter back. In honor of Tobias and Posey, he held a big celebration and sent enormous amounts of offerings to the couple to show his gratitude. Everyone was overjoyed at having Eden back. Even Mrs. Vanderhuge shed a ghostly tear.

"Don't get any ideas about sending me away," she sassed Eden when she heard of the girl's new job. However, when Tobias and Posey surprised everyone by appearing at the celebration, the old woman hid. Eden tried to explain to her that she wouldn't send her away, but Mrs. Vanderhuge didn't want to take any chances with the king and queen of the underworld.

Clare may have been the most happiest of all to have her dear princess back. Eden carried her around in her arms as the little girl filled Eden in all that she had missed. Maksim wasn't as thrilled as his sister. He was older so he fully understood where Eden had gone and what had happened to her. It took him a while longer to warm up to the idea of Eden being back.

Even though all was going well for everyone and things seemed to be looking up, Alec still suffered from his terrible nightmares. During the day he was as happy as one could be. But every night he would be tormented in his dreams with the heartache of losing his mate. He would wake up in terror searching for Eden. Until she was wrapped in his arms, he wouldn't wake from those dreadful memories.

Eden didn't know what to do. How could she get her mate to overcome his fear of losing her again.

"Give him time," Posey suggested. "Time heals everything."

Eden wished she could do more than just give him time. Her heart ached along with her mate every night he panicked in his sleep. But she took Posey's words to heart and gave Alec time. She let him love her anyways that he wanted to.

On the night of the celebration, the Heywood house was lit up like the northern star. When Posey and Tobias arrived, Eden rushed to greet them and introduced Posey to everyone. Posey's charming personality and kind soul won over every heart in the house. They were glued to her like bees after honey. Tobias watched his wife move around the room in her carefree nature, charming and bewitching every face she smiled at.

"So, that's your girl," Exton said as he came to stand beside Tobias.

Tobias laughed quietly as he sipped his drink, "Yes, that's my girl."

"Now I understand why you kept her hidden for so long,"

"I didn't hide her," Tobias rolled his eyes.

"Gemma had been asking for years to meet her," Exton pointed out.

"We were busy," Tobias finished his drink.

"Oh," Exton smirked. "Got it."

Tobias rolled his eyes and laughed, "Go find your wife, Exton. And stop staring at mine."

"Are you kidding me," Exton laughed. "Gem would kill me. And then bring me back just to kill me again."

"I'm glad she scares you,"

"She terrifies me," Exton jokes.

"Who terrifies you?" Maya's voice asked from behind the men as she joined them.

"Mom," Exton said chuckling. "Mom terrifies me."

"Oh yes," Maya shook her head. "Especially when she lowers her voice and her eyes go blank...."

The little girl suddenly turned to Tobias, "Are you really the god of the underworld?"

"Yes," Tobias said politely. "I am."

"You don't look like the god of the underworld," Maya eyed him.

"What is the god of the underworld supposed to look like?"

"I don't know, but definitely not like you," Maya shrugged. "I'm just a little confused as to how a guy like you got a girl like that."

They all turned to Posey as she laughed with Gemma and Adam.

"Maya you can't call the Lord of the underworld unattractive," Exton tried to hide his smile.

"I didn't say he was unattractive," The girl looked him up and down again. "You have potential, Tobias. I would date you."

"OH-kay," Exton set his drink down. "You're not dating anyone missy. You're only thirteen."

"Soon I will," Maya said. "The boys in my class already have crushes on me."

"Oh good god," Exton paled. "Nope. Not happening! You're going to be a nun."

"Yeah, okay," Maya rolled her eyes.

Tobias laughed at the argument between the father and daughter. It was a pleasant surprise for him to see the man Exton had matured into. As the father of two girls now, he definitely had a lot of headache on his plate.

Suddenly, the back of Tobias's neck warmed. He turned his head to find Posey admiring him for afar. Quickly excusing himself from Exton and Maya, Tobias made his way over to his wife.

"Hey, handsome," Posey peered at him through her lashes. "Fancy seeing you here tonight."

"Can I buy you a drink?" Tobias played along.

"I don't know," Posey played hard to get. "My husband is somewhere around here."

Tobias chuckled as he leaned forward. He was about to kiss his beautiful girl when Alec disturbed them.

"Can I see you guys for a second? In private?" He asked as he looked over his shoulder to Eden dancing with Owen.

"Sure," Posey nodded.

Along the walls of the room, the three made their way out without anyone noticing them. Posey looked over at Tobias to ask if he knew what this was about but Tobias shrugged. They exited the loud hall with all the guests and the music and made their way to Jackson's study. As they stepped inside, they found the old man already in the room.

"Alright then," Posey looked around at the men. "Get on with it."

Alec closed the door and cleared his throat. Everyone watched him as he took a step forward.

"I gathered you all here today to tell you that I love Eden,"

"Yes," Posey nodded. "We know."

"All three of you are responsible for bringing her into this world in one way or another," Alec continued. "That is why, today I ask you all for her hand in marriage."

Jackson and Posey looked at each other and then back at the boy in front of them. Alec held his breath as he waited for someone to speak.

"What happened to taking things slow and letting her live her life?" Posey narrowed her eyes.

"I still want her to live her life," Alec said quickly. "But the past few days have made me realize how finite life is. I want her to go after her dreams but I want to follow right behind her. I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I thought I could wait but with all that we've been through I don't want to leave anything up to chance now. I don't want to miss out on another second."

Tobias could feel his wife's heart melting. He reached out and took her hand as she leaned back against him.

"What do you say, Jackson?" Posey looked at the man next to her.

"I....." Jackson wiped his forehead. "I know it's real love and all that, but I still can't help but be worried. I will always worry about my little girl."

"Mr. Heywood, I promise I will take care of your daughter. She means the world to me."

"Can you die for her?" Posey asked as she raised a brow.

"Yes," Alec said without hesitation. "Anything for her."

Posey held Alec's gaze for a long time. The other two men in the room waited for her to make a call as she searched the boy's eyes for any trace of doubt. After several minutes, she smiled and looked over to her husband.

"What's love without a little madness?" She asked as she melted into his arms.

Tobias smiled as he caught her and kissed the top of her head. He looked up to Jackson and gave him a nod before turning to Alec.

"You have our blessings," Tobias said. "Keep her happy."

_____________________________

Two days later

"Eden!"

Alec's voice reached his mate as she sat in the nursery with Polly and Arden.

"Yes?" Eden called back.

"I can't find my keys," Alec called from downstairs.

"They're on the table by the door,"

"I can't find them,"

"I left them right there!" Eden frowned. She handed Arden over to Polly and stomped down the stairs. "Did you even look? Or are you just yelling for no reason? If I find them I wi-"

A shrilling scream escaped Eden's lips as she took the last step on the stairs only to plunge into a portal.

With her eyes shut tight, Eden continued to scream at the top of her lungs as she felt her body fall down the rabbit hole. But before she struck the ground or whatever was waiting for her at the bottom, Alec's arms caught her.

"I got you, baby," Alec whispered into her ear.

Eden's eyes flew open as she shut her mouth. Bright sunlight and blue skies greeted her as Alec sat her down on her feet.

"What?" Eden looked around. "What is this?"

Alec smiled at her in excitement as she looked around. He watched her take in the millions of sunflowers around them. She turned in a circle, taking in everything.

"Alec," Eden said, a bit breathless. "What is this?"

As Eden slowly turned to face him, she gasped.

Alec smiled up at her as he went down on one knee. He pulled out a simple gold ring, making Eden gasp again.

"Eden Heywood,"

"Yes," Eden couldn't stop smiling.

"I love you,"

"I love you too,"

"Will you complete my life and become my wife," Alec took her hand. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" Eden explained in the middle of the sunflower field. "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Alec slipped the ring into her finger and pulled her into his arms. He kissed her with a promise to make all her dreams come true. Eden melted in his arms as she felt the tears of joy roll down her face.

This was their moment. Everything they had ever hoped for. Finally, through death and heartbreak, they found their way to each other.

Alec took in a deep breath as his universe finally found it's sun.

The End

I suck at writing ending :/ 

Thank you so much for all the love and support. I love making you all happy with these stories. 

Don't forget to check out the epilogue and the next book "Kingmaker" ;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.3K 1.5K 28
"I always thought that a mate would be nice but I never really thought much of it, you know? I used to think that it wouldn't change much, just give...
77.5K 3K 25
❝Many things are hard, but killing your fated mate has got to be the hardest.❞ BOOK #2 OF 'HEART OF THE WOLF PRINCE' ******** Once the unremarkable R...
52 16 12
Maya is the 20 year old daughter of the lycan king and queen of the West. Her brother Michael is the heir of the throne, and therefore, his life is a...
196K 7.4K 34
" King.....please calm down" Alex said in panic, i trashed another table, the wall shook and Alex tried to disappear in the corner of room... "HOW CA...