The Devil & The Draxon

By Kilameia

| boyxboy | Lucifer x OC | You know, the devil once loved another, more than anything else. Everyone knows th... More

Epigraph + Info
1. Escape
2. Victim One
3. Victim Two
4. New & Old Faces
5. Concerns
6. Bonding
7. Caught
8. Memories of Meeting
9. Betrayal
10. First Time for Everything
11. Return of the Draxon
12. Victim Three
13. Friends & Apologies
14. Changing Plans
15. Prayer
16. Gone
17. The Silver City
18. Apologies
19. Victims Four & Five
20. Murder, Marriage & a Little Bit of Fun
21. Nightmares
22. Friendly Bonding
23. Behind Backs
24. Finding Out
25. To Heal
26. What's Next
27. A Warm Welcome
28. His Lover's Partner (pt. 1)
29. His Lover's Partner (pt. 2)
31. What Happened in Rome
32. Going Off Script
33. All I Have
34. New to Earth
35. For my Sanity's Sake
36. Highs & Lows
37. What a Nightmare
38. Protecting & Saving
39. Vengeance Shall be Ours This Night
40. One Last Case
41. Welcome to the Dragonlands
42. The Battle of the Moon & Sun
43. Things That Hiss in the Night
44. Hearing Things
45. Desperation
46. The Returning
47. Fears
48. The Brightest Night
49. The Battle of the Moon & Sun (Reprise)
50. The Letters
Interlude: If You Take the Draxon Camping
51. Guess Who's Back
52. Breaking
53. The Queen's Return
54. You're Mine & I'm Yours
55. The Devil's Back
56. Creating Memories
57. Tired Devils & Murderous Urges
58. Demons & Dragons
59. Sinful Souls
60. Forgetting & Fights
61. Forever
Interlude: Once Upon a Time
Interlude: Behind the Scenes Thing
Prequel?
I Hate You All
Interlude: Christmas Special
5.9: Family Dinner
6.3: Rory's Arrival
Interlude: A Different Path

30. Back to Semi-Normal

2.3K 72 17
By Kilameia

Lucifer looks around the newest crime scene again. Still no sign of Chloe.

"Quite foolish, really," he says. "That one day she'd just... stroll up."

Seeing Ella looking over his shoulder, Lucifer turns.

"Hey," Chloe greets casually. "Sorry I'm late."

"Decker!" Ella says happily, going to hug her.

"Listen, I'll catch you up on everything, I promise," Chloe says as Ella starts talking a mile a minute, "But first, what's happening? Oh, and Lucifer."

Chloe gestures back the way she came. Looking that way, the devil's eyes widen, his body moving before his mind can catch up. Dan looks over Nyx's shoulder, Nyx turning just in time to catch the devil in his arms. Lucifer's arms wrap around Nyx's neck, head falling against the draxon's chest. Nyx's arms are around the devil's waist, supporting his lover's weight as Lucifer leans heavily against him.

"Nyxeus," Lucifer whispers.

"Hi Luci," Nyx says, one hand sinking into the devil's hair.

"You're back."

"I am. And I'm here to stay."

Dan smiles, noticing Chloe and Ella watching the couple as well. Lucifer shows no sign that he's going to release the draxon any time soon, and he won't. Having his lover close again after four months helps sooth the depression and anxiety that had taken hold of the devil.

"It's good to have you back, man," Dan says.

"It's good to be back," Nyx replies, returning the man's smile over Lucifer's shoulder. "... You're really alright with everything?"

"Seems like it. You can always find out if I'm not, right?"

"No, actually," Nyx replies, making both Dan and Lucifer frown. "My ability to read and manipulate minds seems to have disappeared."

"Disappeared?" Lucifer repeats, pulling his head back to look at his lover.

"I'll explain later, love. We are still at a crime scene. Speaking of."

Nyx looks around, giving cold glares at anyone looking weirdly at the pair. Dan chuckles lightly, going to help Chloe and Ella as they turn back to the body.

"We've been this way for millennia," Nyx mumbles, "If they don't like it, then don't look. Simple solution."

Lucifer smiles, claiming Nyx's lips with his. Their tongues dance the same as they have millions of times before. A loving warmth blossoms in Lucifer's chest, filling the emptiness that had resided there for the past four months.

"My beautiful devil," Nyx whispers softly when they separate. "So strong, yet so fragile."

"My darling draxon," Lucifer returns. "So loving, yet so dangerous."

"Of course. I am never losing you, Luci. Never."

The two stand together like that for a while before Lucifer remembers, "The Detective."

"Yes, I can see her talking with who I believe is the victim's wife."

"Is she alright?"

"Physically, yes. Mentally, I'm not sure. I think it might be best if you talk to her."

Lucifer sighs, not wanting to pull away.

Nyx smiles softly, giving the devil another quick kiss and saying, "You go question your partner, and I'll go question mine."

Lucifer nods, reluctantly pulling away from his lover. Nyx watches him walk away before turning to where Dan has wandered.

"Nyxeus," Dan says, seeing his partner approaching.

"Dan. I... I'm sorry about the abrupt departure I had. And the violence it contained. And everything else I did."

Dan doesn't say anything right away, his eyes studying the draxon.

"I know you are," he says eventually. "And I can't say I understand; I'm not nearly as old as you are and I don't know what Hell's like."

"Are you calling me old?" Nyx asks with a joking scowl. "Do I look old to you?"

"No," Dan replies, smiling. "Not a day over three thousand."

"Dan! Ugh, maybe I really am vain... Wrinkles wouldn't suit me anyway."

"No, they wouldn't. Detective work isn't really for the elderly."

"I am this close to tackling you, Daniel."

Dan chuckles before becoming serious. "Just don't let it happen again and I can overlook the past."

Nyx nods, smiling. "It won't happen again unless someone threatens the people and devil I care about."

"Protective, just like Lucifer said," Dan mumbles to himself. Nyx gasps suddenly, drawing Dan's attention. "What is it?"

"Oh, Dan, look at the pretty butterfly," Nyx says happily, pointing out a blue butterfly flying by.

Dan raises an eyebrow, "Yeah, it's pretty."

"I think I'm prettier."

Dan smiles at the draxon's almost childish light. "You're never going to be completely normal, are you?"

"Normal is boring though, Dan," Nyx replies.

"I guess it is," Dan says. "I don't think I would want anyone else as my partner."

Nyx smiles, "Aw, I love you too, Dan. As a brother, Luci tends to get jealous quite easily."

The draxon hums as he spins around the penthouse. Alone and bored, he sits at the piano, poking a few of the keys. Remembering the melody Lucifer played the night he found out about Cain, Nyx rests his fingers on the keys. A frown on his lips as he tries to remember the right keys, Nyx slowly starts playing.

A hesitant tune is heard in the otherwise silent penthouse. Focused on playing, Nyx doesn't hear the elevator ding, doesn't notice the doors sliding open. Lucifer's eyes widen slightly, his lips turning upwards as he sees his lover.

"Enjoying yourself?" Lucifer says.

Nyx looks up, a grin appearing on his lips. "Luci!"

Lucifer gives the draxon a smile, pausing as he sees Amenadiel landing on the balcony. Pouring two cups of amber liquid—Nyx isn't much of a fan of the stuff—Lucifer walks over to the piano, leaning against it.

"Alright, go on," Lucifer says, "Get it out of your system."

"What?" Amenadiel replies, amused.

"We both know why you're really here; to gloat."

"I'm here to make sure you know the truth. That we angels really do have control ourselves like I thought. Also to gloat."

The brothers both chuckle, Amenadiel taking the offered cup. Nyx has moved over to the couch, sprawling across it, head on the arm rest.

"Charlotte Richards is in the Silver City?" Nyx asks, hearing their conversation progress.

"Didn't you already know that from Cain's hell loop?" Lucifer replies.

Nyx frowns, "Oh... yes, I guess I did."

"You knew about the whole self-actualization thing, didn't you," Amenadiel states as he and Lucifer sit down as well, Amenadiel in one of the chairs and Lucifer on the edge of the couch next to his lover.

"Indeed I did. I've known since the second I was created. However, your father forbade me from telling you, his children. He wanted you to realize it for yourself, and I agreed."

"That's something I never thought I'd hear," Lucifer says, "You and Dad agreeing on something?"

Nyx shrugs, "My relationship with him was much better in the beginning. It was nice, we were friends... Until I discovered he wanted to use me and my power. I closed up a lot after that..."

"And then Lucifer came sneaking into the Dragonlands," Amenadiel says with a smile.

"He did." Nyx gives the devil a smile, one Lucifer returns. "Barely made it into my realm before he was caught."

"It's not my fault Vortex cheated," Lucifer grumbles.

Nyx chuckles. "You wouldn't have been able to take on Jinx anyway."

Lucifer's brows furrow as he remembers, "You said you lost your mind manipulation ability."

"I did and I have," Nyx replies with a slight scowl. "Can't say I'm surprised. Perhaps it's better though; even if I'm tempted to use it, I can't."

"But why did you lose it?" Lucifer asks. "Guilt?"

Nyx's expression turns to a grimace, "Most likely. I deserve to be in Hell for what I did."

Lucifer and Amenadiel both stare at the draxon, his words unexpected.

"You're not going back there," Lucifer says, his hand grasping his lover's tightly. "Never."

Nyx smiles softly, but the devil can still see the doubt and guilt in those dark eyes. Really, that gives him hope that his lover can, has, changed. The draxon hadn't been guilty before, and if he's feeling it now, maybe he really can keep himself from killing again.

Maybe.

"Trixie, this is my partner."

The girl gives Nyx a calculating look, studying him as he fidgets.

"Is this supposed to feel like an interrogation?" he asks.

Dan chuckles, "No, but she is the daughter of two detectives."

"You're Lucifer's boyfriend, right?" Trixie says.

"I am."

"Then I like you."

Nyx's brows furrow, his head tilting, "Really?"

Trixie nods. "I like Lucifer, and if he loves you, you can't be that bad."

"I guess?"

Dan chuckles lightly, watching the nervous draxon interact with his daughter. He'd invited Nyx over that night to ask questions, but Trixie had woken up and was curious about the long-haired man, having never met him when Chloe had met up with him.

"Can I braid your hair?" Trixie asks suddenly.

Nyx's eyes widen in surprise before he looks to Dan, unsure and kind of alarmed. Dragonets he knows, human children are a whole new story. The draxon doesn't walk around in his human form much in the Dragonlands, he's never had his hair braided by a child.

Dan smiles, "It's alright, she probably won't let you say no anyway. Just let her sit behind you and stay still."

Carefully watching Trixie, Nyx slides to the floor, letting the girl take his place on the armchair.

"How is your hair so soft?" she asks, combing her fingers through Nyx's hair.

"From whatever hair products Luci uses on me."

"Is his hair this soft too?"

"I believe so. He's quite insistent on good looks."

"Thought so. It took some convincing before he let me paint his face. I painted a unicorn on his cheek."

Nyx and Dan both chuckle, picturing the devil with face-paint.

"You'll have to do it again so I can see it," Dan says.

"Oh, I took a picture," Trixie replies, pausing her braiding to run off.

She returns with her phone, tapping a few things before showing a picture of the devil with a unicorn painted on his cheek and a pink lollipop in his hand. He's not looking at the camera and seems to have no idea the picture was even taken.

Dan chuckles, "You have to send that to me."

Trixie grins, doing so.

"Can I see?" Nyx asks.

Letting him hold her phone, Trixie returns to braiding his hair. Dan watches as Nyx studies the picture, a smile on his lips.

"I remember this," he muses more to himself than the others. "He denied enjoying that night to Amenadiel, but later confessed to me that he had really had fun. My dear devil."

"Done!" Trixie announces, grinning.

Dan gets up to see her work, "Good job, Monkey. Now, back to bed, you have school tomorrow."

Trixie sighs. Nyx hands her her phone before trying to see the back of his own head. Dan puts Trixie to bed again, returning to find Nyx having given up.

"Here, Elsa," Dan says, taking a picture of the back of Nyx's head and showing it to him.

"Elsa?" Nyx asks in confusion, lightly trailing his fingers over the braid.

"Movie character," Dan replies. "Had a braid over her shoulder like you do right now. Kind of funny, she had ice powers, you have fire."

Nyx grins and blows out a small puff of smoke, not enough to set off the alarm.

"Is that bad for your lungs at all?" Dan asks.

"Nope!" Nyx replies, a little hyper. "My body is made for everything I can do, so I'm fine!"

"Yep, should've figured that."

"Probably. But—"

Nyx yelps suddenly, going to feel at the palm of his right hand.

"You alright?" Dan asks.

"Yeah... Someone just hurt Luci."

Dan's brows furrow, "He and Chloe were going to find Reynolds. Reynolds probably has a gun."

"And since Chloe's there, Luci is vulnerable," Nyx growls, scowling. He mumbles to himself, "No, no killing. Luci's fine, one bullet can't kill him. No killing the killer."

Dan raises an eyebrow but doesn't comment. Hey, if it helps the draxon keep himself from killing, he's not going to stop it.

"Lucifer thinks your presence beats Chloe's, that if you're there when she is, he's invulnerable."

Nyx perks up, "Do you mind then if I...?"

Dan smiles and shakes his head, "I'll see you tomorrow."

With a thankful nod, Nyx lets his wings come out and he disappears.

Chloe watches with wide eyes as Lucifer keeps Reynolds' car from driving away. Lucifer grits his teeth, his hand throbbing painfully. Not the smartest move, trying to push away the gun, but at least it wasn't his chest that took the bullet.

Then it stops. The pain turns to a tingling feeling, the same feeling he gets when someone tries to hurt him when Chloe isn't around. Lucifer can see the detective still standing there, so if his theory is right...

"Should I be helping or watching?"

Nyx's words bring Chloe back to reality. She rushes forward and Reynolds stops pressing the gas pedal. Slowly letting go of the car, Lucifer takes a deep breath. Glancing to Chloe, the devil brings his wings out and disappears, knowing the draxon will follow.

They land on the balcony of Lux's penthouse, Lucifer letting out a soft sigh as they move further inside.

"Let me see," Nyx says, taking the devil's injured hand.

"I'm fine, Nyxeus, you know that," Lucifer says. His brows furrow, "What on earth happened to your hair?"

"Trixie did," Nyx replies.

"The Detective's little urchin did this?"

"I think I like it," Nyx says. A smirk spreads across his lips, "And there's this, Luci."

Through their bond, Nyx sends images of the picture Trixie took. Lucifer's eyes widen, a scowl crossing his face.

"That deceitful little parasite," he mumbles.

"You loved that night, don't hide it from me," Nyx says. "Now tell me how this happened."

Lucifer explains the night's events as Nyx's fingers lightly go over the wound, examining what needs healing. Gently feeding his magic through his fingertips, Nyx watches the devil's skin stitch back together, Lucifer hissing as the pain it causes. In less than a minute, his hand is completely healed, leaving just blood behind.

"I'm surprised you didn't come running to kill Reynolds," Lucifer says as the draxon drags him down to sit together on the couch.

"I wanted to," Nyx admits, "But no killing the bad guys. And you would be mad."

Lucifer nods, giving the draxon a proud smile and kissing him softly. Nyx's purrs rumble softly in his chest, his head falling to rest in Lucifer's shoulder.

"Dear, I almost forgot," Nyx says suddenly. "I'll be back later, alright Love?"

"I don't suppose you'll tell me where you're off to?"

"Nope! But it's important for your safety, so bye!"

Lucifer watches his lover disappear, suspicious and confused. He trusts the draxon though, so he leaves the issue and walks over to the bar.

Nyx lands and puts his wings away, walking inside the church. His footsteps are silent as he walks down the aisle.

"We knew this part would be difficult, Chloe," Kinley says softly to the crying woman. "But just remember that what you're doing is the best thing for everyone on Earth. Including Lucifer."

"I know," Chloe whispers.

"Are you ready for the next step?"

"I am."

"Good," Nyx says, notifying them of his presence.

"Nyxeus," Kinley says as the draxon leans against the edge of the pew in front of the two. "I trust Lucifer has no suspicions?"

"None. He believes everything to be fine."

"And you're still with us?"

Nyx nods once, "We don't belong here. Earth was created for humanity, not divinity. Lucifer belongs in Hell, and I belong in the Dragonlands. It's time we return to where we're meant to be."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

729K 42.2K 128
[mlm] The lonely Elf had waited many years to meet his bonded mate, but reality was harsher than he would have liked when he finds out his mate is no...
384 41 23
"No matter who you are, someone is destined to find you."​ Soul Mate /ˈsōl ˌmāt/ noun plural noun: soulmates A person ideally suited to another as...
137 1 13
Welcome to Dante's Demonic High School. Where little boys and girls born in Hell go to grow and learn about everything they need to do and be, to mak...
462K 10.9K 31
Lorelai Thomas is the poster child for being a Good Girl. Well mannered, outstanding grades and a need to succeed in everything she does, its no sock...