Hood Tale

By passionwts

Samayah is just a girl trying to make it out the hood. She didn't always have the best but her father made su... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author's Note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Update
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 21

859 31 21
By passionwts

MYMY POV

Today made 5 months since I've been pregnant. This pregnancy has had its ups and downs but I push through every day. To see my progression and seeing my baby fight for its life has made me fight even harder. There's nothing I can't do, because there's nothing I wouldn't do for my baby.

Today was even more special because I was going to find out the gender of my baby. I was excited and nervous. What if I had a girl. Would I be able to handle her? I mean I was a good woman to look up to. I think.

I may have been having a boy, because my stomach was so big. Literally. As each day went by it grew bigger and bigger. I was happy because I remember fighting hard in the beginning of this pregnancy.

Chris and I had been having a little problems, and he sort of moved out, but I was really hoping he'd come. I knew he wouldn't miss the reveal of his kid.

I'm not sure why everything is going so wrong but I need this to be right. I can't imagine me with anyone else. I wanted him and no one else. He had my heart and I didn't plan on giving it to anyone else.

I'm sure he'd come. His whole family was coming, and I know he wouldn't let them down. That nigga mama would kill him if he didn't show up.

We've been communicating, but not as much as I'd like. When he moved it really pissed me off a lot. I thought everything was going good after him getting shot. I had been taking care of him, making sure he good so I can't understand why we're fighting.

Niggas really wasn't shit. I was busting my ass pregnant and all to make sure he was straight. Cleaning up after him, cooking for him, bathing him and the minute he got better I feel like he just up and left.

I don't know why my mind always went to cheating. He told me to not worry about another bitch. I told him I wasn't worried he should be the one worried. In all honesty I wasn't gone do nothing stupid.

I might beat a hoe up and him too but nothing else. I refused to go to jail and leave behind my little brother and my child. They need me more than anybody, and I need them more than they know.

Anyway, I'm not gone worry about if he's coming or not. If he do, he do. If he don't then I know what it is.

I had just got back home from the mall getting Ced and I a outfit. Ced said he was team boy and I was just team healthy. I was fighting hard to keep my baby, I really didn't care what it was.

As I sat on the couch my mind started to think about other shit. All I had on my mind was my mama and Aaliyah. Where the fuck were they? I haven't heard from them in so long. I worried about them a lot too.

Ced and I was in a much better place, we finally could enjoy life and a part of me wished they were enjoying life with us. I wasn't the person to come up and leave everybody behind. Even though they did some flaw shit to me I would never just say fuck them. I loved them.

I genuinely loved and cared for them. I just prayed they were safe. I wondered what they'd say about me being pregnant. My mama would probably lose her shit. She would've never expected it from me.

This just made me think of my dad. What would he have done. I'm sure with everything going on in my life now he'd been right next to me comforting me. I really missed him so much.

Ced reminds me of him so much. Just looking at the little shit he does and seeing that he do it just like our daddy would. The way he laugh, talk, walk. All of it reminds me of my daddy.

It makes me happy because I raised him. Knowing that I raised him well and he's going to be just like my daddy brought a smile to my face. It let me know that despite our circumstances I did a good ass job.

I snapped back into reality and realized that it was almost time for me to start getting ready. I didn't want to be late to my own baby shower.

Taylor had rented out this venue but wouldn't tell me any details. She wanted everything to be a surprise. Knowing her she went all out. She told me don't even worry about the price she was gone take care of it.

I really loved her. She was so supportive and everything I needed in a bestfriend. She was more like my sister. I don't know what I would've done without her.

I got up and went to Ced's room giving him his new clothes. I went into my room and got myself ready. I had gotten my hair and makeup done before coming home, so all that was left was to get into my clothes.

As soon as I took my clothes off there was a knock on the door. Before I could answer somebody came in. I looked up to see that it was Chris. I rolled my eyes at him before wrapping up in my cover.

I didn't want him looking at me. I knew if he saw me naked he was going to want to fuck, and I knew I wasn't gone stop him. I missed his dick. I missed him. I wasn't gone let him know that though.

"Damn why you covering up. You look beautiful." He said. I rolled my eyes again. He must've been horny.

"I know. What you want." I said very dry. He thought shit was finna be sweet? He thought he was finna come in here and I wasn't gone be mad. I wasn't finna go easy on him.

"Why you mad baby. I been thinking and I was wrong. I know I shouldn't have left and I should've been communicating more. I need you and my baby." He came closer and started rubbing my stomach.

"Y'all my life foreal. A nigga would die without y'all." I smiled and kissed him. His lips was so soft and juicy. I take that back, I was gone go easy on him. This my baby. Y'all probably don't understand but this boy means so much to me.

"Okay stop. We not finna be fucking and we gotta leave soon." I said. We got up and I finished getting dressed.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell y'all. When I went to the mall earlier I saw Deuce. He tried speaking to me, but I ignored him. I still haven't forgot how that nigga and his bitch disrespected me.

It really wasn't nothing more to say. He had me fucked up and just didn't need to say shit to me. I actually passed him a few times I could've sworn the nigga was following me. It really didn't matter each time I act like I didn't even see him.

Today was my special day and nothing or nobody would ruin it. I meant that. I wasn't going to allow anything to come between this special moment for me and my family.

I loved the thought of family. I loved being able to say it and know I actually had one. I know Chris and I have been very rocky but we was gone figure this out.

He knew where home was and where the good coochie was. Not on no funny shit but he knew I was as real as it was gone get. No bitch would be down for him as I am.
—————————————————————————
DEUCE POV

It's been about 2 months since mama died. Whoever said time heals all wounds lied. It actually seem like each day been harder for a nigga. Rico and I been talking as much as life allowed us.

Truth be told he was the only person I felt like could actually understand where I was coming from. If he didn't fully understand I knew he could understand enough. We didn't talk as much as we should've but I know we both got a life outside of each other.

Rico and his girl been preparing for my nephew. I believe they got about a month left. They said they was gone name him Jr. Rico Jr. I laughed at Rico having a little him. To be honest a nigga wanted that too.

Me and Bre talked once or twice. I wanted to make sure the baby was good. I been thinking on it a lot and I had to be there for the baby. I didn't fuck with the mama but the baby was innocent.

Since mama passed a nigga been needing that type of love. Angela been here she straight but it's nothing like the love from your kid or your mama. I just needed somebody to need me as much as I needed them.

I hated feeling this way. I wasn't that type of nigga. I have everything and somehow it feel like I have nothing. I know it's not healthy but I been keeping to myself and not letting people in.

The more you let them know the more shit they got to use against you. Y'all feel me? Lately it's been me and my thoughts and they been fucking with me.

I want somebody to hurt like I'm hurting. I still don't understand why. Why would God take away one of the people I love the most. And somehow I'm supposed to just be okay with it. Well, I wasn't. It hurt.

I heard my phone ring which made me snap out of my thoughts. I looked to see who was calling and it was my lil brother.

I haven't chilled with him and felt like I was neglecting him as a big brother. I had to snap back. I didn't want him thinking I didn't care about him. I wasn't our dad. I was gone make sure he was straight.

"Wassup bro" I answered fixing my tone. I didn't want him to see or hear me in that state. I was his big bro, his superhero, his role model and I wouldn't let him see me in that weak state.

I questioned my impact on him and If I was doing the right thing. All my life I was taught to be strong and look how I turned out. Lately I've been doing a-lot of thinking and the cycle ends with me fasho. I wanted my brother and baby to be better than I ever could've been.

"Brother I missed you. I'm sorry about your mama. I know I shouldn't, but I felt like you forgot about me."

I shook my head in disbelief as if he could see that. "No I could never forget about my lil bro. A nigga been going through it but you know I love yo ass. Wassup with you? What you got going lil nigga?"

"So you remember my friend Ced?"

"Yeah. Semayah lil brother. He Ight?" I questioned. I remember seeing his sister earlier at the mall. I tried speaking and she ignored a nigga. I deserved it though. I was kind of rude to her.

I couldn't help but look at her stomach. Damn. She was supposed to be carrying my baby. My name was supposed to be all over that but it's cool. I don't mind being a stepdaddy.

"Yes, him. I was trying to see if you could take me to his house today. His sister is having a gender reveal. My mama was gone take me but she got called in to work."

" You said a gender reveal? How about this. We go get her some presents and we go together." I knew what I was doing. Shawty was gone forgive me one way or the other. I knew she was probably still with ole dude but I wasn't tripping.

What's mine is mine. No cocky shit but my business don't concern another man. He ain't have shit to do with what I was trying to do or had going on.

"Okay sure. It starts at 4." I checked the time on my phone and it was already 2.

"Okay bet. Let me shower I'm on the way lil bro."
I hung up the phone, got in the shower and was on my way to get my lil bro.

—————————————————————————
MYMY POV

I couldn't believe my eyes. I had just walked through the doors of the building and it was beautiful. I expected nothing less than what my bestfriend did, but somehow I didn't expect this much.

I felt a few tears drop and I reached in my purse and grabbed a tissue. My makeup was too pretty I didn't want to mess it up.

I turned to my bestfriend and hugged her.

"Bestfriend thank you so much. I really love and appreciate you." She nodded her head and started hugging me tighter. She didn't have to say anything I knew what she was thinking.

After hugging her I went around the building admiring every detail. If this wasn't love then I don't know what was.

I managed to take a few pictures. I was too focused on appreciating it all in person that I forgot to capture every moment. She hired a photographer and I was excited to get the pictures back from him.

I really was in awe. Chris and I walked around admiring it all and then the guest started to arrive.

I wanted everyone to come and feel welcomed. It wasn't important that everyone brought gifts. I know some people weren't as able and I never wanted anyone to feel excluded. I cared more about you showing support than bringing gifts.

I didn't have much family, it really was only Ced and I. I invited Taylor's family seeing as they were some what my family, my coworkers from the store I used to work at, and a few of my teachers from high-school.

Chris on the other hand had so much family. They all made Ced and I feel very welcomed and I was just happy my baby was going to be born into such a nice family. I've always wanted a caring, loving family and his family made me feel as if I had one.

I walked around making sure I greeted everyone. Of course it was the usual what do you think you're having, can I touch your stomach and I'm happy for you. I'm not one to complain but it was a bit tiring.

I enjoyed it though. The love I was getting from everyone was worth it.

30 minutes had passed and then I saw Davon walk in the door. Taylor and I locked eyes and I gave her a who invited him look. She shrugged her shoulders as if she had read my mind.

I really wanted to know why that nigga was here. I started to get upset but then I remembered this was my special day and I wouldn't allow anyone to ruin it.

Taylor walked to him and began talking to him. I couldn't hear what she was saying over the music but I knew she was asking him why'd he come.

I'm assuming Chris watched me watch them because he came from behind me and whispered in my ear.

"Don't even worry about it baby. If you want me to go over there I will, otherwise let that nigga watch us be happy."

"You right, it's not that serious" I told Chris while shrugging it off. I didn't like the way he treated me but he was dealing with losing his mama. Even still I told myself a bitch won't ever be your punching bag so take that shit somewhere else.

All in all this was one of the happiest days of my life and I wouldn't let a fuck nigga ruin it. If I'm just being honest, and y'all better not tell nobody, I low key wanted him here.

The nigga was still fine and plus I knew him being here was gone make Chris a little jealous. I wasn't trying to hurt Chris but when his hoe ass just decided to up and leave I started having other thoughts.

Don't get me wrong Chris was who I wanted, but I wasn't gone be his last option. I came last to no nigga or bitch. At this very moment I just made a mental note to slap myself. What was I? The dumbest bitch in the hood obviously.

Talking about "I come last to nobody" but was actually thinking about that nigga Davon. As if he was the most loyal nigga there was. He wasn't loyal to shit but his hustle. I could respect that though.

I snapped out my thoughts and grabbed Chris hand. We was gone walk over to Davon and greet him. I wanted to seem very welcoming and unbothered.

I heard Taylor and Davon talking but I quickly interrupted. "Hey. I wasn't expecting you. I didn't realize you received an invitation but thanks so much for coming. We appreciate that" I said as polite as I could."

"Yeah thanks for coming. We appreciate the support" I heard Chris say after me. His voice obviously sounded a bit more welcoming than mine seeing as he didn't really care.

"Oh no problem shordy. My lil bro told me about it last minute. I had to come out and support, you know I brought some gifts and shit."

Did he just call me that? Infront of Chris. Woah. I swear this nigga doing it on purpose. Is it weird that I wanted him to call me that again. I don't know why, but when he did I felt this feeling in my pussy.

"Uhhh don't call me that, but thanks again." I started to walk away while still holding Chris hand but I felt someone hand grab me.

"Oh yeah I apologize shordy." I swear he said that shit on purpose. I looked at Chris and then back at Davon. I wonder why this nigga wasn't saying nothing. Either he really didn't give a fuck or he was scared. I rolled my eyes.

"I mean I apologize Samayah. For how I did you. A nigga was going through it you ain't deserve that." " I appreciate that." After that I turned around and walked away.

The reveal was going smoothly after that. It was so much food, drinks and games. I believed people were genuinely enjoying themselves. I would've been happy even if one person showed up but to see so many people in attendance had me overjoyed.

1 hour later

"Attention everyone can we please gather around".

It was my bestfriend on the microphone. I was so excited for what was to come. I would finally be finding out the gender of my baby. I wasn't expecting anything in particular but I knew that finding out would be a pleasant surprise.

"I just want to say before we figure out the gender I am so proud of my bestfriend. I've watched her fight so hard for her baby, I've seen the good and the bad, the ugly and pretty and let me tell y'all, my bitch is a fighter. I guess I just want to say I love you and will promise to always be here for my niece or nephew"

I felt tears coming down and this time I didn't stop them. It meant the world to me because I knew she meant every word. That girl was so important to me I couldn't imagine life without her.

I mouthed the words thank you and blew her kisses. She nodded her head and started to speak again.

"Are y'all ready or what"? Everyone screamed yes.

There was a loud knock at the entrance door and the room was immediately silenced. You could hear a pen drop. In came running boys with blue hair and girls with pink wigs. They were dancing to a routine they made up.

We all started laughing and clapping. It took us a second to understand what was going on but we figured it out. When finishing their routine they all ran to opposite sides of the stage.

"Oh I know y'all didn't think that was it... I just know y'all knew I was gone be that simple." We all laughed. If it's one thing she could do, it was entertain.

After about 10 minutes and a few more tricks Taylor had us walk to the stage. Chris and I. Anxious at this point I was really ready to know the gender.

"Okay enough of the tricks and gimmicks. This is the real deal. I'm going to need both of y'all to take out this piece of paper and read it."

Chris looked at me annoyed but grabbed the paper anyway. I'm not sure what's wrong with him but ever since I talked to Davon he been on edge.

I don't know, I wasn't going to let that ruin my day. I grabbed my paper and we both began to read.

"This is my welcoming and you're all invited
I'm proud to be the one who will make my family United
What am I? My aunty tried to hide it
So far she's done a great job and you can't deny it
Pink of blue? I don't know, do you?
Please look around I've given you a clue.
So will it be pink bows of free throws?
Hmm it seems as if no one knows...
I'll give another clue so someone can win
Or maybe this is the end... cause I'm a ______

—————————————————————————
DAVON POV

As soon as they were going to announce the gender my phone started ringing. It was Rico so I wasn't gone miss the call.

I stepped outside so I didn't interrupt. After talking to Rico I hung up and started walking back into the building.

"Davon" a unfamiliar voice yelled my name. I turned around confused. It was some lightskin nigga with dreads.

"Chris told me to deliver this message." He pulled out his gun and started shooting. You could tell the nigga wasn't a shooter foreal. I pulled my shit out and started shooting back.

The nigga turned around and started running. I wasn't worried about him, I was gone call my people to handle it. I was more focused on getting to that nigga Chris.

As I turned around my heart dropped. I couldn't believe who I saw laying on the ground.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Okay okay I know it's been a long time. A year I believe. I'm sorry. I know I owe y'all a better explanation but life happened chile. Anyway, hope y'all enjoy this chapter. The fact that this book still doing great despite me taking a long ass break... wheww y'all so loyal. What y'all think of this chapter? What y'all think they having?
Who was that on the ground?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 4.4K 33
Her mom left her and her sister to live her best life. India is 19 years old and trying to take care of her 3 year old sister Skylar with the help of...
6.3M 188K 76
Molly is a young teen with anger problems because of her past. Growing up in a bad ass neighborhood and with a mean ass mother only makes things wors...
3.3M 11.3K 4
Being your typical young and naïve teenager, Devyn "Poochie" Young seems to be oblivious to just how dangerous the world around her really is. Never...
352K 13.4K 46
Growing up in the hood isn't easy . Murders , shootouts , drugs , prostitutes and dope boys are normal . Imagine being sucked in the gritty at just s...