It Struck A Heart String With...

By KanaRika4

Ishi Azusa, she lived a life free of people on the streets of mustafu. She could never see the outside word b... More

Character Information, Prologue, Warnings
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Omake 1, At the beach.
Chapter 17
Omake #2, And then they were Quarantined
Ishi x Mina!?
Chapter 18

Omake #3 Mina falls for an Angel

3.7K 125 42
By KanaRika4

Ishi was walking around the U.A gardens, school was out, teachers were grading, cicada's hummed an undercurrent to the monotony of the giant city of Mustafu. Her hands clenched around a bundle of flowers, the snakes roving all over the ground collecting perfect flowers and bringing them back to her waiting hands. She was sure that the bouquet would look nice, she trusted her snakes and their exquisite taste.

Ishi wanted to put them just inside the door of the apartments, something to bring a little color and personality to the otherwise bland and untouched room. She knew that the heroes were busy, doing anything from hero work to teaching and grading, and in Mic's case even a radio show. But she didn't think that gave them an excuse to not do any interior designing.

Humming along to the tune of one of the songs she heard Mic play on his show a few weeks ago she slowly wandered down the path, not really knowing where she was going and trusting her snakes to get her back home safely.

"Augh! Aizawa sensei is going to kill me!" a voice broke through her trance, loud footsteps and cracking branches disrupting the otherwise quiet of the U.A. campus. Ishi froze, not knowing what to do, where to hide, and how to react. Her eyes watered in anxiety as a large body crashed into her own, knocking her onto the ground. "Oh my god! Are you okay?" the same voice asked frantically.

Ishi's snakes retracted back into her standing lightly on edge, nudging away the hand that the frantic student held out to the unseeing Ishi, "Ah! Um, put your hand out, I'll pull you up" the girl said out loud, Ishi's chin tilting up in mild curiosity. She lifted her slightly trembling pearlescent hand up to the stranger, feeling her hand wrap around her own and then a harsh tug that surprised her but ultimately brought her back to standing.

She smiled, it was a weird feeling being pulled back up, but she liked it. The girl looked at Ishi strangely, before asking "What's your name?" Ishi froze a little bit, she hadn't talked to many people outside of her hero family and the third years who frequently came to spend time with her, she was getting better at talking though so she wanted to reply.

"...Ishi..." she said, a hum of self satisfaction rumbling in her throat and a small smile creeping up on her face, pushing the smattering of scales on her cheekbones up and slightly under her bandages.

"Hi Ishi!" the girl said happily, "Oh, I'm Mina, a first year in the hero course!" Mina puffed out her chest and pointed her thumb towards herself in pride, Ishi's snakes tilted their heads at this. Mina was an interesting character they decided, interesting and harmless, a lot like Nejire.

"I'm...not a student" Ishi replied quietly, she figured that Mina was expecting her to say something like general education or support course, and in hindsight she probably could have said general education because it's close enough to true, but for some reason lying to this happy and energetic person just felt wrong.

"Do you know the teachers?" Mina asked a little confused, twirling the hair around her ears.

"Yeah, I uh, I live here with them, they, um, they take care of me" Ishi mumbled.

"That's so cool! I wish I lived with heroes! What are they like? Do they live here or somewhere else? Is it like a giant U.A. family or does everyone stay separate? How did you start living with them? Are you somebody's child!? Whose!?" Ishi took a step back putting up her hands, overwhelmed, Mina took another step towards her with every question, until Ishi's hands were on her arms holding her back a little, and Mina's fluffy pink hair tickled her sensitive nose. Ishi put a hand over her stomach as she bent over, sneezing in the cutest way Mina had ever heard. She gasped, her pink hands covering her mouth as she looked at the adorable girl in front of her, a brilliant red blush crawling up her neck at the thought.

"Mina Ashido to the teachers lounge, I repeat, Mina Ashido to the teachers lounge" Aizawa's voice came over the campus intercom.

"OH NO! HE"S GONNA BE SO MAD AT ME!" Mina panicked, running around in small circles before grabbing the papers she had dropped when she initially ran into Ishi. The older girl laughed a little at Mina's antics delicately covering her mouth to stifle the quiet giggles, it drew Mina's attention bringing the girl to a pause and the blush back with a vengeance.

"Aizawa won't be too mad, he's really nice," Ishi said, making Mina deadpan and think of a time that Aizawa had done anything that wasn't a direct threat to her class, she came up with nothing. But she didn't want to crush whatever image the adorable girl had over her teacher so she didn't mention it.

"Anyway, I gotta get going! It was nice to meet you" Mina flashed her most blinding smile and started turning to walk away. Until Ishi took a step forward and grabbed her arm, a small snake whispering into her ear as she selected a small flower from her bouquet and tucked it in behind Mina's ear.

Mina stood shocked for a second before smiling once more, waving to the snakes and awkwardly running away in embarrassment and joy. "She is so freaking cute! I love her so much!" Mina thought on her way to the teachers lounge to hand in her (read: very) late homework.

"Shouta?" Ishi said later when he walked through the apartment doors.

"Hmm" he replied.

"You have a girl named Mina in your class, right?" He groaned, what did the bakusquad do now?

"Yeah" he said hesitantly.

"What's she like" Ishi twiddled her thumbs, occasionally cracking her small knuckles, making Aizawa cringe every time.

"She's a problem child, loud, energetic, always following around this Bakugou kid even though he's insane, playing pranks on everyone, but they don't mind because she's not trying to be mean...I think"

"That's high praise from you," Ishi said with a smile before turning and heading up the stairs to her room.

Aizawa was a little confused why she was interested in one of his problem children but the thought melted out of his mind at the series of bouquets along the chest of drawers just inside the door, each one clearly with a theme that represented the teachers that lived in the building. He smiled before taking off his shoes, grabbing an Ishi-made muffin from his container in the kitchen and flopping down on the couch.

Ishi sat in the courtyard surrounded by a multitude of flowers, each one carefully sorted by color, fragrance, and type. She carefully wove the flowers together into a complex crown, small pieces of decorative grass and smaller yellow flowers with larger showpiece flowers like white ranunculus and baby pink dinner plate roses. She lifted her hand holding her phone to take a picture and send it to her family, using the voice command accessibility option to make it easier.

"Hiya Ishi!" Mina called out from the other side of the courtyard, startling her so she dropped her phone. "Ah, sorry about that, here ya go" Mina said as she walked closer and picked up Ishi's phone from the ground and went to put it in Ishi's lap. "What are you ya working on?"

"A flower crown" Ishi replied, holding up her nearly finished creation for Mina to inspect, Mina took this as an invitation to sit down next to her and keep her company, perhaps make her own flower crown with the multitude of flowers laid out over the grass in the shade of a large tree.

"It's wonderful Ishi! So pretty! Where did you learn how! Can you teach me how to do it like you do! So cool!" Mina gushed looking over the light colors and intricate knotted stems that held the crown together.

Ishi felt a blush of her own crawl up as she impulsively took the crown back from Mina, got up on her knees and placed the flower crown a little lopsidedly onto Mina's own head.

The future hero froze, her mouth trying to stay something, anything, but she was a gonner, Ishi was so cute and she just gave her a flower crown which was now on her head...steam started to come out of Mina's ears as her very gay brain overloaded.

"No..No fair!" Mina eventually stuttered out, "I want to make you a flower crown!" she pouted crossing her arms childishly, not the Ishi could see it. She could imagine it though, and she giggled at the thought. Her voice, like a lyrical enchanting drug to Mina's ears. She sighed quietly in contentment before taking inventory of the flowers in front of her determined to make Ishi the best flower crown in history.

She grabbed some more of the white ranunculus, along with blue dinner plate roses and a few purple violets, she even grabbed a couple of thin roots from the giant tree, wiping free of dirt and weaving them delicately through the flowers, tossing in some decorative grass like Ishi had. She ignored everything going on around her, even Ishi laying down on the ground beside her and falling asleep, curled up peacefully hands under her face like a child.

When she finished the crown it was slowly getting dark, Ishi hadn't woken up yet so Mina took it upon herself to place the flower crown delicately on Ishi's head before sliding her arms under Ishi's body and lifting her up bridal style. Wandering around campus looking for the apartment building she had seen a few days ago when she was wandering around.

A little while later she stumbled upon it once again, going up to the door and adjusting Ishi so she could knock lightly on the door.

No one came after the first knock prompting her to knock again only for the door to open before her knuckles could touch the wooden surface.

"Ishi!" Nemuri cried, hands fluttering over the girl's body checking for any injuries, completely ignoring Mina who held the girl up. "Oh, where were you baby, I was so worried" she cooed lightly before looking up to Mina, taking in the matching flower crowns her mouth curving in an "o" as understanding dawned on her.

"Ah, sorry Ms. Midnight, I should have gotten her back to you sooner but I got carried away" She bowed after Midnight took Ishi from her turning and waving afterwards as she started to leave.

"Thanks for bringing her back darling!" Midnight called into the space Mina had just left.

Time passed and Mina could often be found in the Hero apartments afterschool, hanging out with Ishi and the third years, listening to podcasts or making flower crowns in the courtyard. Mina slowly gained the trust and acceptance of the heroes as she took care of and was very very clearly in love with their charge. They took to teasing her and Ishi passively but not doing anything blatant to reveal to the oblivious girl about Mina's blinding crush.

Every so often they would walk by the living room and Ishi's head would be in Mina's lap, or vice versa Ishi often carding her fingers through Mina's hair absentmindedly. Sometimes they would hold hands while walking in the garden.

Over the summer Ishi had dragged Mina to the swimming pool, the two girls' laughter resounding throughout the school campus. Splashing and giggles, clinking lemonade glasses and starburst flavor jelly beans. Tickle fights and suntanning.

Mina felt herself being blinded by the radiance that came from Ishi, she was so beautiful and cute, creative and thoughtful, soft yet bold every now and then, she was everything Mina couldn't help but admire.

The two grew closer and closer Mina even coaxed Ishi out of the U.A. campus a couple of times to go shopping or to cafe's with her.

Summer had to end eventually, Mina sighed walking into the 1A classroom saddened by the fact that she couldn't spend as much time with Ishi as she had grown accustomed to. Looking up she realized that half the class was crowding around her desk.

"Yo! What's going on over here?" she asked, trying to weave through the large group of her classmates.

When she got to her desk she felt the hints of a smile tugging on her lips. There in the middle of her desk was a beautiful flower crown with pink, white, and yellow flowers; glitter sprinkled over the whole thing making it shine and reflect small rainbows across her classmates' faces. The crown was joined by a small container of fried Okra with a note that said "Good luck on your first day back" the corner had a little chibi doodle of Mina's face.

"Hey Mina, who gave you the gifts?" Denki asked, leaning in a little closer.

Mina turned to the class with one of the biggest smiles they had ever seen on her face, "My girlfriend!" she cheered excitedly.

A.N. So...This one kind of ran away with me, I had so much fun writing it, I've got just one week of school left and AP's are done so I'm content. My health is doing much better, thank you to everyone who told me to take care of myself. I loved writing this Omake because as a wlw myself I have felt every single one of these emotions like when a pretty girl smiles at me and I stagger back like Ive been hit through the heart with a cartoon arrow. I was kinda trying to channel Mina's inner disaster gay, I loved doing it, absolutely fantastic. Thanks a lot for reading this story and all the comments, they make my day, If you want any other kind of wlw content my tumblr and instagrams are: girls-are-very-pretty and girls.are.very.pretty respectively, (instagram doesn't allow dashes/hyphens, grr) as well as I just started a Kofi: https://ko-fi.com/kanarika341 thats got a few lgbtq shorter stories, you can support me there if you want, I don't have commissions up yet but if you've got specific requests you want me to write you can support me there and send me a dm with a ship/oneshot/drabble/headcanon/short story request and I'll do my best do do it for you. Again thanks a lot for reading my story. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 6.4K 43
ห—หห‹ [ ๐๐ž๐š๐, ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฉ, ๐œ๐ซ๐ฒ, ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž. ] หŽหŠห— ยท๐–ฅธยท After the Symbol of Peace tells Izuku Midoriya he cannot become a hero...Midoriya followe...
148K 5.1K 21
"๐™ธ'๐š– ๐š‹๐šŽ๐š๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐šŠ๐š ๐š–๐šŠ๐š๐š‘ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š— ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ." "๐šˆ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š‘ ๐š‹๐šž๐š ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐š•๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š” ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š–๐š–๐š˜๐š— ๐šœ๐šŽ๐š—๐šœ๐šŽ." หœ"*...
59.2K 1.8K 37
๐Ÿ’œyou can find my work ONLY on wattpad and AO3 under: Legionofwhispers My work being on any other sites is against my consent.๐Ÿ’œ Y/N has a dark begin...
722K 23.7K 57
When tragedy strikes and Izuku is left motherless, he runs away from home hoping to find a safe haven. He bumps into the pro hero Eraserhead believes...