𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭...

By dumplingissweet

❝Smooth, right? Just like how I slid into your cute little heart. ❞ • vmin • More

Something About You

1K 67 120
By dumplingissweet

Taehyung never really knew what was going on.

At age five, he and his mother moved into a quaint, peaceful neighbourhood, bright with sunshine. They were blissfully content with their cozy home, but she hardly left the house because her condition was supposed to be hidden.

The young boy didn't know a single thing, just happily putting his emotions through his art. They were always bright paintings, full of colour— scarlet, yellow, sunset orange, pink. All the colours his mother bought for him with whatever was left of their allowance.

Taehyung's little room had a window.

The window directly faced a window on the opposite house.

But that window was always devoid of anyone when Taehyung noticed it. The house beside his obviously had someone living in it, but even with the added height of his tippy toes, he saw no one.

A year later, he learned what death was.

It was something that took your mother away.

Took your paint away.

Took art away.

And replaced it with loneliness, of course.

Some aunt of his came to take care of him. He didn't really know her, but she was nice. She helped him reach things he couldn't reach, cook nice food and take care of the house.

But she didn't know he painted.

- // -

"Mama, w-who?"

A tiny, chubby finger was directed at the opposing house, thick dark locks of the small boy hanging over his eyebrows.

"It's a new neighbour, Min."

"Who?"

"I don't know, but I think the name's Kim."

"I s-saw a... a..." Jimin thought hard, pursing his lips, racking his brain for that word. He pressed a finger to his soft cheek. "A boy."

"It must be their son." She replied, patting his hair. "Behave, okay? I'm going to cook lunch."

Jimin was left in the room, a big window on the right of his bed, and he climbed onto it to get a better view.

He saw someone's head pop up.

His hair was brown, and he was busy holding something.

Jimin kneeled to prop himself up, fingers tapping on the windowsill.

"Who are y-you?" He murmured to himself, eyes wide with a child's innocent wonder.

Jimin saw the boy hold up a white board, then paint on it. The male was focused, not looking back at Jimin. He gripped his brush tightly, biting his lips as he moved.

"Mama mama mama, I-I wanna paint too!" Jimin hopped off the bed, running to the staircase then made his way down excruciatingly slowly, but sped up again when he was on the ground floor. "Mama!"

"You wanna paint? But we don't have any paint, Min."

Jimin jiggled on the spot. "But... I-I like... I wanna p-paint! Pwease mama, pwease!"

"Please. Say please. Puh-leeease."

"P-Pease?"

"Please."

"Pretty pretty pwease, with a s-strawbewwy on top?" Jimin innocently stuck out his pinky, extending it towards his mother. She laughed at his cuteness.

"I'll get you paint tomorrow, okay?" She hooked the pinky with her own.

"Thank you mama I-I luv you!" He exclaimed, then gave her a little hug. He only reached till her thigh level, but still squeezed her affectionately.

Soon, Jimin got his paint, but didn't feel like painting anymore. The boy at the window was gone.

"Mama c-can I go out?"

"Why do you wanna go out sweetheart?"

"I wanna... g-give paint."

"Why? To who?"

"To the... boy. O-Over there." Jimin pointed to the wall, but his mother understood.

"I'll be watching you. You may go." As Jimin grabbed his two tubes of pink and blue paint, he realised he had to put them down when he wore his shoes. So he fumbled with the straps, tiny fingers not helping. But soon it was messily worn and the tiny boy grabbed his things and sprinted off, hair flying in the wind.

"Min, slow down!" She exclaimed, running after him. He was actually serious about it.

"O-Okay mama!" He slowed down to a fast jog.

"Ring the bell, Min!"

"Okay mama!" He reached up, on his toes, and pressed the bell at the side of the gate.

No one answered.

He spammed it, jabbing the button again and again relentlessly. "M-Mama there is no one!" He cried out, angrily stomping his foot on the ground.

"Min." She jogged up to him, patting his hair. "I think they're out. Leave the paint outside here, okay? Let's write a note." They got a pen, paper, and Jimin proceeded to scribble nonsense and two words 'for u' in a purple marker. Pasting it onto the two tubes of paint, it was left inside the postbox.

Unnoticed.

- // -

"Who?" Taehyung murmured to himself, running a hand over the cracked tubes of blue and pink paint. It was old and dusty, with a faded note attached limply to it.

In messy toddler handwriting— 'for u'.

The now six year old barely knew how long this had been in his postbox. He'd gone out to check the mail, and only saw this. How was it not seen?

He shrugged, placing them into the box full of paints. He didn't know who all of those were from. Ranging from a spectrum of red to green, he could have painted the universe. But painting was no more.

Whoever did this must have a really kind heart, he thought, but who?

- // -

Thirteen years later.

Taehyung couldn't sleep. He so very much wanted to get his mind off the stress of collage, examinations, teachers. A social life he wasn't interested in.

Dark glows of the moon were cast in shady patches through the window. A cool breeze picked up, and his brown hair tingled lightly. He let out a sigh, playing with his shadows made by the moon.

The young male had grown into a tall, fine man with sharp, strong features. But those brown bangs always shielded his forehead, giving him a softer look. He tended to be quiet, thoughtful and introspective despite his fierce visuals. There was good and bad to it— one good thing was that he felt a lot less weighed down being alone. The bad thing was that loneliness made him feel just a little worthless, as if no one really cared for him, apart from his aunt. At least, ever since his mother had passed on.

He sat up, throwing his duvet to the side, the dark material crumpling into an undignified heap. There was only one objective in mind— to wait by his postbox till whoever was sending those paints came.

Joints cracking a little, he made his way downstairs, careful not to wake his sleeping aunt up in case she came chasing him with her flip-flops. Then he reached for the door and turned the doorknob, letting out a sigh of exclamation.

How beautiful.

The night sky before him was a pool of indigo with bits of shiny glitter scattered over the surface, and wispy clouds trailing across parts of the moon, yet the silver shone strong onto the pavement and rosebushes in the front garden.

He tugged on his slippers and shuffled across the stone steps, digging his hands into his pockets in boredom. He looked left and right, obviously no one was about at this time in the dark. Doubting his plan a little, he awkwardly stood by the red postbox, waiting.

Waiting.

Jimin grabbed his tube of paint, stuffing it into his long sleeves and slipped his shoes on. He certainly didn't want his feet cold.

Not caring whether his now pink locks were messy or not, he stealthily slid down the railings of the stairs, landing with a graceful jump at the end.

Today's colour was indigo, the colour of the sky. Taehyung would like it.

As to how Jimin knew about the latter, their mothers had exchanged a single conversation and thus got to know each other. After that, the neighbouring female had disappeared, and another came to take her place. Jimin didn't know what was going on anyway, but focused on bringing the paint to his special neighbour who seemed to need it. The male had bought the colours himself— every once a month he'd make a trip down the street to the art supplies shop and purchase a whole bag of paint with his savings. He didn't know why exactly he was so addicted to doing this. Perhaps a lack of social interaction was making him needy, and this strange give-and-take was his only way of satisfying it.

Today was no different. He didn't see anyone on the pavement, and his little grip tightened in excitement. He somehow loved doing secret deliveries, the surprise of it all made his heart warm.

And just as he admired the moon, not looking where he was going, someone suddenly stood up.

A sleepy Taehyung was just about to go back into the house after fifteen minutes of useless waiting, concealed behind the postbox such that Jimin didn't see him in the shadows.

Jimin collided with the taller, his face hitting the latter's back before the smaller fell backward, the tube of paint flying out from his sleeve. He landed on the pavement with a little 'oof', clutching his backside.

Taehyung turned and realised someone was actually there.

"I... I'm so sorry." His low voice stunned Jimin momentarily. A large hand reached out to him, and the pink haired hesitantly took it. "Sorry for bumping into you. I was waiting for someone."

"W-Waiting?"

"Yeah. You know, every day I find a little tube of paint sitting in the postbox, and surely someone must have put it there. I couldn't sleep, and was waiting for whoever did it to come and do so."

"O-oh." Jimin hid his hands behind his back, concealing the paint he'd swiped up before Taehyung noticed. He suddenly felt self-conscious, being talked about by someone.

"What are you doing out here?"

He's so handsome. Jimin thought, brown hair really suits him.

"I-I was..." Pink bangs fell into his eyes as he lowered his head, unable to come up with an alibi. His mind was jumbled with first appearances and the male's low husky voice.

"Don't worry, I won't bite." Taehyung reassured.

"I- I'm de-delivering something." He managed, feeling ashamed of his own stutter. It was a miracle tears weren't pooling at his eyes, because the taller made him feel a warm bubbly feeling in his stomach.

"Delivering what? To whom?" Taehyung questioned smoothly, not missing a beat. This pink boy seemed rather cute, with messy cotton candy hair, full lips, soft cheeks and pretty eyes. Not to mention his toned body clothed under his pyjamas.

"S-Someone?" Jimin squeaked. Then mentally slapped himself because he sounded so disgusting.

"What's that behind you?" Taehyung stepped forward and saw a long object the smaller was clinging on for dear life. Large, warm fingers wrap around them and Jimin gasped at the feeling, his jaw dropping.

Taehyung pulled the dark tube of paint into his palm, eyes lighting up in astonishment.

"It's you?"

"M-Me?" Jimin felt his heart skip a beat as Taehyung took his hands in his.

"You're the most beautiful soul I've ever met." gushed the taller, eyes glazing over with emotion. That special someone had finally come to him, under the blanket of stars.

"You're w-welcome." Jimin's voice was soft and shy. His cheeks burned and he kept his head low, hoping Taehyung wouldn't notice.

"What's your name? Where do you live?"

"I-I... I'm Jimin. P-Park Jimin. I l-live there." His mini finger was directed towards the house right beside Taehyung's and the taller was having a hard time processing this.

"You're my neighbour?!"

"Y-Yeah."

"How come I've never seen you before?" Taehyung's eyes are large as ever, the sleepiness falling away.

"I-I don't go out. I h-have classes a-at home."

Because of my stutter, Jimin added in his mind.

"Hey, I think you're too nice. For a whole fourteen years... I didn't know it was you."

"T-Thank you." Jimin bit his lip to stop himself from blushing again. His pink hair only made him look impossibly cuter to Taehyung.

"But why do you this for me?"

Jimin looked up, asking himself the same question.

"I-I... just wanted... a-a friend." He answered with his heart.

"Oh." Taehyung swallowed, his heart dissolving in a melted puddle of warmth and adoration. How much cuter could he get?

"I'll be your friend."

"R-Really?" Jimin's eyes sparkled with something new; a brand new feeling he hadn't felt before leaping through his gut like fire. Something about meeting Kim Taehyung made him self conscious as ever, and he couldn't stop blushing, which was awfully embarrassing.

But cute to the latter.

"Yes. Pinky promise." Taehyung held out a finger, and Jimin realised how similar he was to himself when he was younger.

Two pinkies, one long, one short, intertwined warmly under the moonlight, the brunette gazing into the pinkette's eyes with newfound... something.

You're cute. Taehyung wanted to say, but kept it to himself.

I think I like you. Jimin thought, but shook his head shyly, feeling his cheeks aflame.

Taehyung's brown locks popped up behind the window, and Jimin waved his small hands.

They were five, almost six metres apart, but their smiles were clear.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung yelled, and Jimin looked over to his table.

"U-Um... math..."

Taehyung strained a little to hear his soft-spoken self, but caught it.

"Do you need my help?" Taehyung called back, and Jimin blushed before shaking his head.

"I-I'm okay."

"You can always throw the paper over if you need to." The taller charmingly offered, a cheeky smile turning up the corners of his mouth. It was a weekend and he was bored, having completed his homework ages ago.

"It's a l-laptop." Jimin replied, giggling to himself. The bright afternoon glows cast into his side of the window, making his cotton candy hair shine brightly. Taehyung just smiled and stared, cupping his hand on his palm and watching the pink-haired focus on his work.

Jimin felt Taehyung's burning stare and blushed undeniably. "S-Stop staring, I-I'm embarrassed."

Taehyung didn't reply, the goofy smile still written over him. The pink hair really did suit him, especially his equally pink lips, giving him the most innocent, angelic glow in the world.

If watching his newfound neighbour was a part of his examinations, he would surely pass.

"Can I come over?"

"H-Huh?" Jimin stopped typing and looked over.

"Will your mother allow it?"

"I-I don't know... w-why don't you paint?" He quickly answered.

Taehyung's smile dropped a little. "I... I haven't painted since my mother passed away."

"Oh... I'm s-sorry." Jimin wondered if all the paint he'd given was stored somewhere or thrown away.

"But I still keep everything you've given me."

Jimin blushed for the third time, covering his face with his small hands adorably, to hide his glowing cheeks. He muttered a soft 'thank you' but Taehyung couldn't hear it.

The brunette went off, disappearing from sight. Jimin looked on for a while, then shrugged and continued typing.

He heard a few thumps of wood and looked back up, to see Taehyung setting up an easel.

"Y-You're going to p-paint?"

"Yeah. Because my precious stock shouldn't be wasted." He held up the tube of indigo paint. "I'm gonna paint while you type."

Jimin felt inexplicably happy talking to his neighbour, even if he was doing a dreary piece of online work. Through his peripheral vision, Taehyung painted, moving his hands up and down the canvas, the same lip bite still there.

Taehyung, on the other hand, was busy observing Jimin as he typed. He noticed the cute pout in his lips when he concentrated, the cute bangs obscuring his eyebrows, the cute fingers bouncing across the keys. And all of that went into his painting.

"Hey cutie!" Taehyung placed his brush down after a matter of time, holding up the picture. "I'm done!"

"That's f-fast." Jimin broke out in a grin after hearing the male's voice again. And that pet name.

Taehyung shifted the art over to the window, and Jimin realised.

"W-Why did you paint m-me!" Jimin yelled, definitely embarrassed. He had never been exposed to such attention before, and his cheeks ached from turning red too many times.

"Cuz you're cute!" Taehyung yelled back, sticking out his tongue, admiring his work of art opposite him.

A funny feeling, as if his skin had touched ice, was sent running down his spine, but in a warm, tingly way. He bit his lip hard, preventing himself from saying anything silly.

Taehyung was busy painting again, but this time Jimin was bored. He was thankful there was such a thing as a window, and that he could admire the brunette anytime he wanted.

Twirling his pen gracefully, a cheeky idea popped up in his bored mind.

Bending down, he rummaged for a piece of paper.

Quickly scribbling a few words and drawing a little heart beside it, he folded it into the shape of a plane, and crept over to his bed.

With a flick of his hand, the paper aeroplane flew, dipping and lifting in the breeze. Jimin paled when it fell far from the window, but two long fingers snatched it up just in time.

Taehyung grinned as he unfolded Jimin's little note.

'What are you thinking of? '

He looked over at the pinkette, who was obviously pretending to be occupied with his laptop.

"It isn't even turned on!" Taehyung laughed, and Jimin cowered, cringing at himself. The brown haired male put down his brush, leaning onto the windowsill, the open windows allowing the breeze to pick up strands of his hair to play with.

"Wanna know what I was thinking of?" His low voice made Jimin shiver, but the pink haired boy shrugged, widening his eyes for an answer.

"Something about you."

"W-Why? What?"

"Why not? You've been occupying my mind since I've met you."

"B-But..."

Jimin knew he had low self-esteem, and it was pretty obvious when he blushed, or denied praises whatever the circumstance. His cheeks were fat, and his fingers were weirdly short, making him look like a kid. And his height didn't help either.

Taehyung leaned further, face bathed in sunlight. "You and your pink hair. It looks like cotton candy, just imagine how it tastes like." He winked.

"Y-Yah! Kim Taehyung!" Jimin swatted his arm at the air, and the taller chortled at they couldn't really reach each other, five metres of air separating them. "You s-sly snake."

"Smooth, right? Just like how I slid into your cute little heart."

An unbearably warm feeling rushed from the tips of his toes all the way up his body, nearly setting it on invisible fire. A rush of adrenaline coursed through the boy as he hoped off his bed, skidded downstairs and threw open the door, to see Taehyung opening his in time. Thank goodness his mother was out.

"Y-You cheeky thing!" Jimin yelled, running towards him, and Taehyung did so too. Before they knew it, Jimin had jumped into Taehyung's arms, wrapping his legs around his waist as Taehyung carried his tiny body.

That was the first time either of them had fully touched, and it felt unreal. In the golden licks of sunlight, Taehyung felt like a teddy bear, and Jimin was a pretty doll with pink hair.

The two giggled, before Taehyung gently set Jimin down, and the embarrassment came rushing in for the latter. Jimin cradled his red face in his hands, but Taehyung pulled them away.

"Hey. No need to be embarrassed." He held Jimin's hand, feeling each soft finger intertwine with his own. The smaller's heart fluttered like a butterfly.

"I-I just haven't left m-my home for so long."

"Wanna go somewhere with me?" Taehyung raised a handsome eyebrow, and Jimin allowed himself to be pulled along by him.

"It's a little hill behind this row of houses." Taehyung explained, but Jimin was busy catching his breath, struggling to keep up with Taehyung's jog. "You okay?"

"I... I... w-whoa!" Taehyung had squatted down, pulling Jimin down to lean on his back and stood up, giving the smaller a piggyback ride.

"Let's go." Jimin tenderly wrapped his legs around his waist, feeling Taehyung's strong hands support his thighs. He leaned his pink head on Taehyung's neck, inhaling his scent, making the taller shiver a little.

"I-I'm sorry." The pinkette whispered into his ear, and the brunette only looked at him with a fond smile.

"You like this, don't you?" teased the taller.

"S-Shut up."

In two minutes, the street had cleared to reveal the countryside, where greenery stood all around, bathing in pretty shining light. Grass on the hill quivered in the wind, and it seemed peaceful as ever.

"We're here." Taehyung set him down, and Jimin laid his back against the grass, shielding his face from the rays with his arm.

"I-It's so sunny." He breathed, as the other took a seat beside him.

"Sure is." The brunette agreed, humming a light tune. Jimin couldn't help but fathom what life would be like if Taehyung were to live with him for the rest of his life. He was so cheerful despite the pain of losing his mother at such a young age, and never ceased to brighten his day. Running a tongue over his lip, he sighed in blissful content at the serenity of the place.

Taehyung watched him, his heart blooming all sorts of feelings that were aimed in a certain direction. His mouth had crinkled into a box shape, just as Jimin turned to face him.

Whoa.

He's so handsome.

"You like this?"

Jimin sometimes wondered how Taehyung always considered the opposite party's feelings, never hesitating to ask. It was so gentlemanly of him.

"Y-Yeah."

The tightness of his chest had dissipated, and he lay in the embrace of the sun together with his lovely companion.

Taehyung sat up after a while, bored.

"Do you like guys or girls?"

Jimin's stomach plummeted, and his smile disappeared.

Should I tell him?

Can I?

"I... I like g-"

"Never mind. I'm sorry." Taehyung flatly apologised. "It was an uncomfortable question and I shouldn't have asked." He turned away, gazing at something else, while Jimin's mind was a whirlwind of unanswered questions.

"I don't k-know." The pinkette softly whispered.

"It's- It's fine. I don't need an answer." Taehyung buried his head into his hands, regretting asking it in the first place. It was as if he'd broken the spell.

"But I like you." He blurted out, and clasped a hand to his lips, eyes becoming twice its size. He did not just-

Park Jimin, you're in deep trouble.

"H-Huh?" It was as if Taehyung had inherited his stutter, his mind loading the information.

Jimin stayed quiet, wondering if Taehyung had heard it correctly.

"I like you." He said, more firmly this time. Resolve strengthening. His hand unclasping his mouth, directly facing Taehyung. Heart swelling with pride that his stutter somehow went away when he said those three words.

"Me...?" Taehyung's fingers point at himself, his confused large eyes making Jimin amused.

"Yeah. You."

Taehyung wasn't expecting that.

But he turned to Jimin with a smile.

"I like you too, bro."

Jimin wasn't expecting that in return.

Taehyung had practically friendzoned him, probably because he didn't know Jimin meant the like in a love way, and took it as a friendly matter.

"You're a great neighbour. And a nice friend too." Taehyung added, "Of course I would like you."

Yeah, neighbour.

Whom he didn't know existed for fourteen years.

"Mm."

Jimin didn't know whether to feel angry that Taehyung wasn't understanding him or sad that he was friendzoned, so he went in between, a sad lip pout and angry frown appearing all at once. His arms slung around each other, crossed, and he fell back onto the grass.

"What's wrong?"

Silly Tae.

You're really dense, huh?

"S-Something, duh." He sassily replied, head turning right so he didn't have to see his face.

A frown grew on the brunette's forehead, and he shifted towards Jimin a little more, desperate for his attention.

"You're angry?" Taehyung worried. A lack of friends caused him to be constantly confused with his feelings, as to whether it was right or wrong to be feeling things for someone else. He didn't know.

Jimin's pout stayed.

He turned away fully, lying on his side now.

"Talk to me, Jiminie." The taller sighed, wanting to pull the shorter into his arms, but he needed consent from the other.

Nope.

Jimin held back a smile; seeing Taehyung like this was kind of fun.

"Please? Pretty please with a strawberry on top?" He tried again. Then gave up, crawling to the other side of him to face Jimin. "Hey! You're smiling!"

Jimin burst out into a series of giggles, covering his mouth with his sleeve. Taehyung felt angry, confused and happy all at once.

"But why? Did I do something wrong?" He innocently tapped his fingers together.

"You- You friendzoned me j-just like that." Jimin poked his chest with his little index finger.

"What's wrong with that?"

Oh my god, he doesn't get it.

"I like you, silly!" The pinkette's face turned the same shade as his hair, as he sat up.

"Of course you do, why won't you like your friend?" Taehyung childishly shouted back.

"Like as in the love like, not friend like!" His stutter loved to run away when he said these things with newfound pride.

"What?" Taehyung questioned himself, mouth hanging ajar as he contemplated the choices.

Oh, so he likes me. Not in a bro way, but in a love way? Am I supposed to tell him I do too?

"I said I like you, Kim. Tae. Hyung." Jimin jabbed his chest thrice with every syllable of his name. His pink hair was flying in the wind, and Taehyung admired it as he pondered to tell or not to tell.

"What if I said I like you too?"

"Y-You like guys too?"

"Why not?"

"Oh."

"Oh." Taehyung's brain clicked. Since Jimin returned the feelings...

"Then it would be really lovely to be with you." The taller hugged his legs, proffering his boxy smile. Jimin's heart dropped in slight disappointment, but hey, who could blame this adorably handsome guy?

"Yeah."

They stayed quiet for the rest of time, before time flew and the sun dipped. They had to return home, but with Taehyung carrying Jimin, the smaller's embrace tighter this time.

"Wanna go somewhere with me?" Taehyung's yell jolted Jimin out of his reverie, and he nodded in return.

Slinging his arm on the window sill, he yelled back. "W-Where?"

"Somewhere you'd like."

"I'll ask m-my mom." The boy jogged to his mother's room, where her visibly aged frame sat, sewing a shirt.

"Hey m-mama." She looked up to see her pretty son standing in the doorway, a hand on the doorknob.

"Min." Her voice was still gentle as a pillow, never changed.

"C-Can I go out for a while?"

"With Taehyung?" She raised an eyebrow knowingly, and Jimin gasped.

"H-How...?"

"I can hear everything, Min." She chuckled, looping her needle through the fabric. "Even those pet names."

"Mama..." His face glowed like a beacon.

She gently placed her things down, making her way towards her son.

"Whoever it is, I'll always love the both of you." Her hands were soft as Jimin held them tenderly.

"I love you mama." The small male hugged his equally petite mother tightly, the bond between them only strengthening when time passed.

"Stay safe. See you sweetheart." Jimin waved goodbye as he ran out the door, his heart aflutter with excitement.

Taehyung's boxy smile greeted him as he went out the door, seeing the taller outside the gate enclosing the garden.

"S-So where is it?" He tugged on the taller's sleeve as they went along, walking till he saw a familiar bus stop come into view.

"You'll see." laughed Taehyung, pressing their hands together. Jimin's pink hair was adorable, flopping onto his shoulder as they waited for the vehicle.

While Jimin recalled every afternoon they'd spent together, be it chatting through windows or lying on the hill, it was always full of content and teasing. His little crush soon grew into a larger one, but he kept it in his heart.

"Let's go." Taehyung's strong grip pulled him up, and he realised he was falling asleep. They stumbled onto the near-empty bus, save for an elderly sleeping man and the driver.

"You know pink hair really suits you, right?" Taehyung ran his hand through it, gingerly letting the conditioned locks fall through them. He loved praising the tiny; in hope that it would boost his morale, and something about that act alone made Taehyung smile too.

Jimin blushed and Taehyung cooed.

"You're so cute when you blush." His deep voice whispered into his ear, lips nearly grazing the smaller's earlobe. Shivers of stimulation ran through Jimin's spine.

Jimin now hid his face in his hands.

"Don't hide your cute face darling." Long fingers pulled them away, and Taehyung's little cycle of teasing lasted the entire bus ride, with Jimin blushing a million times and falling a billion times harder for the latter.

"A-An amusement park." He whispered, eyes in awe at the sight that stood before him. Tall roller coasters with screaming people in them, weird rides that went up and down and looped 360 degrees.

"If I was the manager I'd name it Park Jimin." Taehyung cooly stuffed his hand into his jeans, the other creeping over to hold his tiny's hand.

"You-" Jimin lightly smacked him in pure affection.

Taehyung got him a cotton candy, and was teasing him the entire time about how much more delicious his hair looked then the sweet itself. Jimin ended up with an aching jaw because he smiled too hard, then stuffed the candy into his face for revenge.

"If I ate your hair, it would probably taste better." The male remarked, licking his lips.

"L-Let's go." Jimin tugged on his sleeve like a baby and dragged him off to the tallest roller coaster.

"You sure you wanna ride that?" Taehyung checked out the height of it. It was touching the sky.

"Y-Yes." Jimin's tiny fingers curled around his finger. "With you."

"Okay." Taehyung flicked the devoured stick of cotton into the bin, and purchased the tickets while Jimin waited patiently at the side, hoping he was tall enough to get in.

"You're just... the right height." The taller chuckled, patting his head, and Jimin hit Taehyung again. He was being like this the whole time, but he couldn't help liking it.

"Tae?"

"Yeah?" The gates closed around them, and the ride started to shift, trundling along the metal rails.

"C-Can you hold my hand?"

"Nope."

"Hmph." Jimin pouted and looked away, but stifled a scream when he saw how far they were departing from the ground.

"Scared?" His playful voice made Jimin want to punish him. He loved yet hated his teasing.

"Hold my hand, i-idiot."

Taehyung finally crept his fingers and locked them with Jimin, before the ride literally dropped, and Jimin screamed.

Taehyung burst out laughing at the adrenaline, feeling his hair nearly being pulled out by the wind. Jimin dug his nails into his palm, and leaned his head towards the taller.

"I hate- AHHHH- you!" Jimin yelled, annoyed that the warmth had suddenly left his hand.

"I love you too!" Taehyung yelled back, enjoying himself while throwing his hands up.

The ride ended with Jimin angrily hitting Taehyung for letting go of their hands, and Taehyung buying another, now blue cotton candy for Jimin in consolation.

"That was awesome." The brunette breathed, enjoying the sight of Jimin licking of bits of the fluffy candy like a kitten. "Just eat it, sweetheart."

Jimin ignored him, still kitten-licking the sweet like his life depended on it.

One lick.

Two licks.

Those cherry red lips stained pink.

"That's not going to work." Taehyung groaned, throwing his head back. "You'll take a year to get through that thing."

"You w-want to eat it, don't y-you?" Jimin teased back, pettily turning away. "N-Not giving any."

"You are."

It was as if Taehyung's voice had gone baritone, and Jimin's eyes widened as he quickly turned to look.

It was a bad, but good idea.

Taehyung grabbed his chin, bent down and softly placed his lips against the soft pink ones, feeling the fullness of it all as he savoured the sweetness of the candy. Jimin was stunned into silence, eyes wide with shock as he felt Taehyung run his tongue across his own wet lips. Sending arrows of shock and stimulation from his spine to his toes. The moisture between them all sweet and hot.

Soon, the taller let go, straightening up, smiling in satisfaction as Jimin's lips were still agape. His blue cotton candy swaying in the wind, also stunned.

"Do you like it?" Taehyung's voice was quiet, cheeky, but careful at the same time.

Jimin was breathless with shock and love.

"Y-Yes." He breathed, locking their gazes together, and Taehyung swore those reddish-pink, luscious lips were the death of him.

"Cute." A finger nudged his soft cheek as Taehyung bent down to bite a chunk off his candy. That was when Jimin finally reacted, snatching it away.

"You got your share already." He retorted sassily, resuming his cat-like licking. An awful tease.

"Just say you want more kisses. I'll give them to you." Taehyung laughed, and Jimin's cheeks couldn't get any redder than the scarlet sunset behind them.

Taehyung never knew anything about ideal types, but whatever they were, Jimin was his.

The tiny was the perfect combination— overwhelmingly cute, pretty, well-mannered, playful, thoughtful, caring, lovely... the list could go on.

And Jimin danced.

It made him ten times more attractive than he already was, with his petite, toned body hitting the beats, his hips swaying to the music, expressions fiery and unlike his usual cute self, turning into a intimidatingly sexy one. Especially with sweat sliding off his pink hair, and his wet shirt clinging on to his body.

He loved how he did so, every turn, every step, every head tilt (even body roll) he did, always sharp, planned, perfect. And how after the dance was finished he'd instantly turn back into his embarrassed, blushing self, hiding his face in his palms. His duality was to die for.

Jimin had a little space in his living room where he did so, and Taehyung would always catch faint beats of the music floating out from the windows and know he was practising. Then hurry downstairs to watch him through the glass doors of the area.  Jimin had told him not to, but Taehyung was Taehyung and nothing stopped him from watching his kitten dance. 

There was something far more deep than infatuation, and that was love.

Taehyung was quite sure he'd crossed that boundary with Jimin.

As Taehyung went to university, Jimin couldn't see him all the time, only during weekends and days where he was released early. Or during school term breaks, where they both were free of academic related matters.

And Jimin longed for them like he longed to get rid of his stutter.

Taehyung had told him many times not to care about it, and kept saying it was 'too cute for his weak heart to handle', but Jimin still felt insecure. Especially if the other was to bring him out in public. It explained why Jimin hardly ever ventured out of the four walls he called home.

He hoped it wouldn't ever bother Taehyung.

He'd met the kids in his kindergarten; he knew it applied for the rest of the society too. His stutter was an everlasting problem, and an embarrassment.

He often practiced in front of the wall.

Sometimes Taehyung would put his things down and quietly listen to the attempts to speak smoothly, his heart swelling with pride, yet sad that Jimin needed to learn how to be a little more confident.

"S-s... no. S-Sometimes. Sometimes."

Jimin's voice was like honey in another form, and when it bounced off the walls and reverberated into Taehyung's ears, it was soothing as ever.

"Learn. L-Learn. Learn. Sometimes we need t-to- Sometimes we need to learn." Jimin was so absorbed in getting it right he never noticed Taehyung melting away in a puddle at his tries.

Taehyung encouraged him, silently. He would think to himself those words, but wouldn't interrupt Jimin because every word the smaller said was precious. Very precious.

Jimin placed the paper down, breathing a sigh of relief. He'd managed to get through half of it smoothly.

"Princess!" Taehyung called from his window, and he blushed he locked gazes with Taehyung.

"Yes?" Jimin was elated; it was improving.

"You're amazing!" The taller winked, sending a flying kiss to him. The smaller squirmed in cheesiness. But couldn't help blushing.

He realised something, quickly scribbled out a few words and silently muttered them again and again under his breath. When he was finally confident, he refocused on Taehyung, who was still at the same position watching him.

He took a deep, long breath.

"I! LOVE! YOU! KIM! TAE! HYUNG!"

Taehyung smacked his hand against the windowsill, unable to contain his adoration any longer. He fell back against his bed, yelling and shouting 'Why are you so cute!!!' while Jimin's little heart glowed, basking in pride seeing Taehyung happy too.

"I LOVE YOU TOO, PARK JIMIN!" Taehyung yelled back, face red with exuberance.

They didn't care who heard it, be it Taehyung's aunt or Jimin's mother. Love was love, periodt.

"It's turning cold." Jimin fingered the air, feeling the premature chill of the upcoming winter. He somehow missed the warmth of spring and summer. Autumn was here and the leaves were beginning to turn golden, orange, red, brown and yellow. The rose petals of Taehyung's garden were falling.

The two were together at the taller's front garden. It was a rather large area, with the bushes surrounding the perimeter of the garden, and grass covering the rest of the space save the stone steps. There was a bench perfect for two located in the middle. Where Taehyung and his mother used to sit together and talk whenever they missed his father.

But now Taehyung had someone else seated beside him. Park Jimin. The boy whom he'd never realised he was beside ever since he'd arrived here.

The sky was turning a funny shade of warm colours— champagne pink but with orange wisps blended into it. The trees across the road were beginning to change colour too, its leaves nearly the same hue as the sky.

"Are you warm enough?" Taehyung tucked the tiny bit of scarf dangling at his neck behind, then pushed a stray lock of pink away from his eyes. Jimin was resting his head on the taller's shoulder— their heights were perfect for this sort of cuddling thing.

"Yes..." Jimin smiled in tiny under the scarf covering his mouth, unable to express his gratitude towards the gentleman. "Are y-you cold?" He sat up, check Taehyung out.

The taller was dressed in a warm blue flannel, and a winter cap that had two flaps covering his ears. The leaves rustled in the background, silent music to their ears.

Jimin traced a finger down Taehyung's cheek, till he reached his lips. Rubbing his thumb over them, Taehyung then pursed his lips at the awkward gesture.

"Your lips... they're c-chapped."

"Don't worry about me." Taehyung took Jimin's hand gently, their lingering stares never breaking. "You need to keep warm." He shyly leaned forward and kissed Jimin on the lips, the pinkette melting into it feverishly.

I'll be going soon.

Taehyung watched as Jimin tied the strings of his shoes to the tree branches.

"Why'd you wanna do that?" He asked when Jimin returned to his side, gently combing his pink hair.

"Why'd you wanna k-know?" Jimin giggled, and Taehyung pouted.

"Let me do that too." He bent down to take off his shoes but Jimin stopped him.

"No, d-don't." The pinkette hugged him tightly, "If you t-take them off, how are y-you gonna carry me home?" Taehyung looked down and indeed realised Jimin was in his socks.

"Silly Diminie." Taehyung chided, "Just because it looked aesthetic doesn't mean you have to leave them there." Jimin was busy snapping photographs of it with Taehyung's polaroid camera.

Actually... it isn't that.

"Let's g-go." The tiny male jumped onto his back, and Taehyung secured him before trudging off, shows crunching in the fallen orange carpet of leaves. He heard his love's giggles as he looked through the photographs, and smiled to himself. Cute.

"There's someplace I want to show you." Jimin was dressed in a light blue fluffy sweater, a striped shirt underneath. He was wearing matching shorts and knee-length socks despite the cold weather. Standing before Taehyung, he was a walking marshmallow.

Taehyung smiled and took his hand, walking out the door after bidding his aunt farewell. He had the same hat on from a few days ago, but his flannel was now blue and white, various patterns traced into it.

Their locked hands swung as they walked to the bus stop. Few people were around, and most weren't taking the bus, enjoying the luxurious heater of their cars. Jimin's grip tightened on his hand.

"You're so cute." The taller murmured, pecking his hair softly. The little gesture made Jimin tiptoe to snuggle into his chest, wrapping warm arms around his neck.

"You've said it s-so many times before."

"Can't I say it again?" A gentle smile teased his lips, and Jimin looked up into his eyes, caressing his smooth cheeks.

The bus arrived and they both hopped in. This time, the only passengers were them. Jimin felt a sudden urge to kiss Taehyung again, so he straddled the taller, catching him off guard when he crashed their lips together.

Jimin was definitely a needy boy.

The entire bus ride consisted of a hot make-out session, Taehyung's warm cuddles and Jimin's cute movements as the vehicle trundled along.

And they reached their final destination.

Jimin grabbed Taehyung's hand, pulling him into an empty train station. The walls were a cozy shade of yellow, and no one apart from them was there. Snow had fallen, and the majestic trees opposite the station platform were laced with icy dustings of glinting snowlight.

"Why did you bring me here?" Taehyung asked, and Jimin breathed out. A little nervousness in the crisp chilly air.

"I wanted to ask you something..." Jimin trailed off his sentence as Taehyung got off the platform, stepping onto the snowy tracks.

"There are no trains here." Taehyung remarked, feeling snow sink under his shoes.

"Tae... don't go there. It's still dangerous."

"Reminds me of when I first came here." Jimin realised his actions were an act of reminiscing his sorrowful past.

Kneeling down, Taehyung laid his hands on the railway, layered in a blanket of white. Slowly laying his head onto it, he closed his eyes, remembering. Memories flowed like a river, strong and steady.

"Tae..." Jimin repeated, watching his love's tears begin to drip. He quickly got down and pulled Taehyung away, back onto the platform. The taller stumbled, as if dazed.

"L-Listen. Look at me." Jimin cupped Taehyung's cheeks, and his gaze refocused.

"I'm sorry princess." He sighed, looking downcast, but Jimin forced his gaze up again.

"Will... will you be my boyfriend?"

Jimin had practised that line hundreds of times in front of the wall. His pink hair drifted slightly in the wind, his head tilting.

Taehyung observed how his lips were still cherry red from that bus ride, slightly swollen. His eyes needy, gestures needy.

"Yes." Their heated kiss soon brought in the sound of a faraway horn of a speeding train. Taehyung gently moulded their lips together, and Jimin was lifted up by the latter's strong arms, squeezing his thighs lightly.

"I love you, my princess." Taehyung breathed out, cheeks pink with cold and happiness, a strange mix.

"I love you too, my one and only prince." Jimin nuzzling his nose lightly against the taller's, his cheeks similarly flushed baby pink.

The horns of the train became louder, and the loudest rumble came when it pulled up at the station.

Taehyung found it weird that it was empty.

But Jimin grabbed his hand, pulling him in.

"Stay there, my love. You'll be fine." His words were quick and purposeful, but confusing.

"Why? Wait, where are you going?" Taehyung panicked as Jimin bolted out of the cabin, locking the door.

"Remember, I'll always love you with all my heart." Jimin cried, for the first time in front of Taehyung. His pink cheeks became a mess of hot tears and cold wind, little hands frantically running up and down to wipe them away with his sleeve.

"No, Jimin, why-" Taehyung was cut off by the jolt of the train starting again. He clawed at the door, banging it desperately. "Jimin!"

Jimin began to walk with the train, then breaking into a run along the platform.

I'm sorry, my love.

I'm only doing this to save you.

Because I love you too much.

Taehyung began to weep, seeing the distance between them grow exponentially. His sobs echo throughout the train, yells of 'Jimin!' resounding through the limp, snowy woods.

"I love you, Taehyung!" Jimin never stopped shouting back, as long as he could see the train. Soon, the end of it had pulled away, and he only heard his own hallucinations of his love's urgent, pained voice whirling in his mind. Sending him into a trance of giddiness, perhaps a euphemism of pain.

Of losing someone you loved.

"I love you... Kim Taehyung." The pink haired boy saw the brown haired boy before his black, shut eyelids for the last time, remembering everything about him. The paint. The postbox. The collision. The stuttering. The window. The blushing. Their afternoons. The hill. The amusement park. The cotton candy. Their fist kiss. The teasing. The bench. The bus stop. The bus ride. Their making out. Their last kiss.

Something about him that had changed him.

He imagined Taehyung for the last time, his brown hair peeking out of the window desperately. Now he could no longer hear him; the distance was way too far.

But he always remembered Taehyung, Kim Taehyung. The love of his life. His prince, his handsome. There would always be something about him that he'd never ever forget.

You turn your head away for a moment.

Just a brief moment, perhaps two seconds.

And Jimin is gone.

A little, perfectly-shaped pink snowflake flutters to the cold cement ground of the yellow train station.

— Something About You —
fin.

Notes (for whoever needs it)
— the ending scene is actually
an amalgamation of real and
unreal, because of the storyline.
— the bus signifies the road to death
— the train going the opposite way,
signifies survival
— shoes tied to a tree signifies the
passing of someone
— scenes and outfits are inspired
from Spring Day by BTS

A/N:
i know you'll be left wondering
what just happened?
so if you request,
i may write a part two :)

thank you for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 84.9K 39
Y/N works at a busy coffee shop in the heart of Seoul. Each day at exactly 7:42am, she is greeted without fail by a suspiciously masked customer who...
1.3M 56.3K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
375K 13.4K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
723K 26.7K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...