GJ, Academy Origins; Tales of...

By JTNP_GJ

Ubercorn starts to remember the things he had left to fade in the back of his mind, as the memeories grow mor... More

The Beginning
Memory
Small fractions flash
Curiosity at its finest
Questions
Needed answers
Lost and found
Prayers and Pleads
..You're okay..
I'm back.

All my Fault

244 6 7
By JTNP_GJ

...

Faster

Thought the grandmaster, as he worked on the engine, checking on the one who sat in his grimbler, fear only rising with every second he would waste. His orange eyes were narrowed as his heartbeat quickened with panic. The sounds around him silenced as his thoughts raced through his mind.

I have to fix this

He thought

I cant let him die

His brows furrowed, jaw clenching as his hands were shaken by panic. He shook his head, he didnt need to panic, he didnt need to mess up. He needs to focus on Foz. Focus on him, and getting him home. Hes going to be better. Hes going to be fine..

Hes going to live..

The grandmaster took a deep breath, before finally finishing the fixing of his engine. His eyes widen as he finally finished it. His thoughts immediately switching to another objective. And thats getting foz back to jetpad. He quickly threw his tools back in his tool box. He took it in his had and stood

" ...shit.. "

He muttered. Realising that he couldnt fit the box of tools in, he decided to leave it here.

He had something more important to take care of.

He glanced at his box of tools, a small price to pay for a life. He looked towards Foz and hummed, taking the boy in his arms again as he climbs into the grimbler, setting the bandaged young one on his lap.

He tried to calm himself down

" I really need to install a seatbelt on this thing.. "

Muttered the grandmaster. Letting out a soft sigh. Not knowing how to keep the youngest from falling. He cant drive in a slow steady pace.. he needs to hurry..

But..

His eyes widen slightly as he thought, and made his decision, wrapping one arm around the other to keep him steady, feeling the young ones heartbeat reassured him, calmed him down.

He can do this.

He started the engine, grabbing the steering wheel with his free hand.

" A big risk...and over all a stupid decision.. but.. "

He glanced down towards the youngest, giving a small pause before all his hesitation disappeared. A determined look now in his eyes as he paused.

" Dont worry kid.. youre going to be fine.. ill get you to your home....youre going to be okay... "

He said softly

" I promise. "

The grimbler lifted itself in the air. The grandmaster felt relief washing over him, though there was still fog.. he needs to hurry, he could fly above it. They shouldnt be far..

He grandmaster took a deep breath, eyes closed, before he looked around. And nodding to himself before he flew the grimbler in the fog. His lights a little dimmer than he'd like. But it was better than nothing.

It was hard flying with just one hand. But he was using the other to keep the kid safe..

He wouldnt admit it.. He had a soft spot for the youngest.. He reminded him of...

...

He shook his head, continuing to fly the grimbler, pulling on the wheel to lift the grimbler higher. High enough to get over the fog. The grandmasters breaths were slightly quicker than before. He needed to hurry and find Jetpad.

. . .

The unicorns mind couldnt process it, the mere thought of the youngest now.. gone. All it took was one night..

One...mistake..

" w-were s..so..s..sorry..u-ubercorn.. "

Muttered the oldest of the trio that stood before the mentor, who seemed frozen in shock, and at a loss for words..

Atleast that what it seemed..
Then.. he spoke.

A shaky voice, filled with sadness, grief, and anger..

" H-how could you.. "

Muttered the unicorn, more tears forming in his eyes.

" HOW COULD YOU LOSE HIM!? H-HE WAS ONLY A FUCKING K I D!! W H Y- WHY WOULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN!?!?! "

The unicorn cried out, voice booming as it echoed in their flying home. All the of the cadets winced and stepped back from the unicorn, whos breaths were sharp, heavy.

The cadets were rendered speechless frommthe words of the unicorn, the feeling of guult only rising, they couldnt say anything. Their eyes fixed on the unicorn.

Then, they saw it.

A spark

A spark in the eyes of the unicorn, a bright, cyan spark. Followed with small flame like embers forming from nothingness. Surrounding the unicorn with a soft glow

. . .

The grandmaster continued flying, it was still a little hard for him to continue this with one hand. He had to contact the unicorn. Unfortunately for him, he cant press the button to turn on the comm. As he still held foz with one hand and steered with the other.

He huffed. He had to hurry and find Jetpad. He needs to get the kid back to Ubercorn..

. . .

The cadets eyes widen in fear, pupils small as they watched the unicorn. Unable to think right from the whirling emotions in each and every one of them. But from all the four.

Ubercorns emotions were the strongest. Like raging waves in a stormy ocean. Only growing worse.

" U-ubercorn-"

The cadet named kyan choked out, not knowing what would happen. But the bits of cyan flames that surrounded the unicorn only gave a sign that it wasnt any good...

" N-No, SHUT IT! "

The unicorn yelled, his voice thundering loudly in the ears of the cadets. Who winced and shrunk back in fear, keeping themselves quiet as they watched the unicorns movements, eyes small.

...

The unicorns breath were sharp, almost in a hissing manner as he gasped for air whilst the tears fell down his cheeks. He squeezed his eyes shut as he took a small
step back.

...

The glow only brightening as the small embers surrounding him started to swirl around him, the focus being the horn. It began to glow the same cyan that the embers did, bits of light blue flames started to form and whirl around the horn that glowed

The hooves of the unicorn emmited the same glow, it grew stronger, the eyes of the cadets widen as they took another step back. Afraid of what the other would do. Of what could happen..

Though, the words of their mentor would hurt more, of what would come next.

" THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!! "

Yelled the mentor, and with that. Came a burst of magic that would shake the jetpad, the burst of energy that escaped the unicorn had hit all three of the cadets, causing them to be thrown onto the wall of this flying home. All three being knocked unconscious by the impact.

The unicorns eyes opened in shock as he realised what had happened. He looked up with a vision slightly blurred

" i-i "

He choked out, seeing all three of his cadets now on the floor, leaning on the wall of Jetpad, unconscious. The unicorn froze,

" no.. "

He muttered to himself, memories flashing in his mind, he covered his mouth with his hooves as he shook his head. Unable to comprehend what he had done

" n-no no no..no.. "

He continously muttered

" Not again "

" Not again..."

The unicorn scrambled over to the cadets, trying to shake them awake ever so gently

" please.. please be okay. Please please please "

The three were close to eachother, the mentor panicked as he was given no response. His tears fell onto the floor faster as he took the three cadets in his arms

" Please please be okay!! "

Pleaded the unicorn, eyes closed as he held the three tightly. Not wanting them to end in the same fate as his youngest.

His eyes widen as he felt something.

Something..Warm..

He moved his hand only to realise what he had felt.. was blood. Blood had ran down the back of the head of the cadet named Lars. His black eyes watched as it dripped down his hooves. It wasnt much...

But it was enough to shatter the mentors heart

He had hurt his cadets..

He had done this.

They did nothing wrong.

This is all his fault.

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

As the burst of magic reached out the jetpad, stretching across the skies. It was felt by the grandmaster, the grimbler had tilted slightly when it had been hit with the wave of energy. The grandmasters eyes widen as the energy felt familiar

...

Too familiar.

He steadied his grimbler, before following where it had come from, finally out from all the fog, he sees the jetpad. His brows furrowed. Unable to get the relief he wanted, as he knew the only cause for that wave of energy was rage..

Rage from a source that shouldnt be touched.

The grandmaster clicked his tongue from frustration, he flew as fast as he could towards jetpad. And when he finally arrived. From the top of his lungs, he called out a name.

The name of the one who was responsible for such an outburst.

The one he needed....

" UBERCORN!! "

He felt sorry that he had to yell, he knew how loud his voice could be. Luckily the youngest still stayed unconscious wrapped in an arm of the grandmaster. Who let out a soft hum, he looked up, hoping he was heard

With the call of his name from a voice that was all too familiar, ubercorn winced as his eyes open wide. Then, the voice of the flying home was heard

" Grandmaster glitch is calling you from outside with Foz in his a-"

The unicorn winced at the name

" LET HIM IN, QUICKLY "

said the unicorn, having no hesitation after he had heard the name of the youngest jetter with the grandmaster. His eyes stayed on all three of his cadets. Before they closed, tears still streaming down his cheeks as he held the three he had hurt.

The grandmaster was let into the jetpad, there near the vroomster he had found a place to land the grimbler.

The grandmaster breathed heavily as he thanked the flying home for letting him in. He moved, carrying the youngest in his arms as he got out of the grimbler. Rushing to the control room as he needed to get to Ubercorn.

Every step synced with the fast pace of the grandmasters heartbeat, it drowning out all the sound due to his panic. His breathing was hard and heavy, and soon enough. He got to the door that lead to the control room.

" Open the doors "

He demanded, the doors opened and he took run into the room

" UBERCORN- FOZ IS-"

The eyes of the grandmaster widened as he stopped in his tracks, seeing the sight that was right before him.

The unicorn was on his knees, hugging not one, but three cadets that seemed to be out cold. And had clearly cried earlier, he had noticed the tear streaks that streamed down the unicorns face. With that, he knew exactly what had happened.

The unicorn looked up, only to see the grandmaster with the youngest in his arms, treated, but weakened.

The two would watch the other, both eyes showing almost nothing but disbelief.

The grandmaster more so, as he looks into the eyes of the unicorn that seemed only to be a void devoided of color.. even if he knew it, he still wouldnt believe it. The unicorn was sweet, he would never hurt any of his cadets...

With that knowledge, he spoke. With a voice that was rather soft and slightly shaken...

" what..did you...do..? "

~°• ... •°~

PhEW. See? Whatd i tell ya? Id have a chapt on or before sumday! And somehow i got it before sunday.... huh. Anywho, this took me a lil while to write. Also, i have NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH THE TITLE SO SORRY IF IT DOESNT MAKE SEN S E . And still a lil anxious since i have absolutely no idea how im doing. I hope you like this chapter

Ta-ta for now!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.3K 910 36
(Under Major Editing) this story contains descriptive self-mutilation, character death, alcohol abuse, drug/substance abuse, and bits of violence. (...
100K 2.6K 32
Do you ever feel like you were born into the wrong world? Because that is exactly how Elodie Penvensie felt. Her twin brother Peter, and the rest of...
1.9K 94 9
Sometimes fate brings you exactly what you need before you even realize it. *** Brigid Kelly has lost everything and no amount of spells or wishes st...
35.6K 1.1K 31
"I love you," Johnny murmured, clutching my wrist to the point I could not pull away no matter how much I tried. "Stop it," I snapped, "Stop saying...