Like Dandelions In The Wind

By Scribble_Maniacs

For me, freedom has always been just a word without meaning. I found it's meaning amongst the crowd of Delhi... More

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 - FINAL
EPILOGUE
VED
Thank You
When The Camellia Blooms

Chapter 34

431 29 33
By Scribble_Maniacs

Zivah's POV

I reached at Parth's house a little late as my dear Vandy kept bugging me with her everlasting questions. I gave up finally and asked Ali for help with a pout. She did roll her eyes but came to my rescue right away. What am I gonna do without her? I mean, of course, nothing would change but when I will visit Delhi the next time, she will be somewhere else. In some different parts of the same city with her second family and then we would make appointments to see each other.

I shrugged the thoughts away when I saw the door a little open already. I felt anxious. No matter how much I knew these people it still won't change the fact that I am meeting them after two long years. Besides, everything is changed now so I am not sure how they will react after seeing me. That thought made me nervous as hell. But regardless, I pushed the door a little and made my way inside. I could hear sounds of people talking making my heart rate raise a bit.

I took a deep breath as I reached the living room and I froze seeing everyone right in front of me again. All the eyes moved on me as soon as they spotted me standing there being conscious.

Parth was sitting on the couch along with Laksh to his side. Rupath was sitting opposite him with Renee on his side and Kunal was standing there with some serious expressions. I didn't see Randhir anywhere around. I didn't move as if I got glued to the position.

Surprisingly enough they all gave their genuine smiles as soon making me feel at ease. Renee got up from her seat followed by Rupath, Parth, and Laksh. Kunal made his way towards me as well. All of them with smiles.

I smiled wholeheartedly looking at them.

"Wow, Zee. I am totally in love with your new look." Renee said hugging me tightly. I smiled widely in her embrace.

"Thanks," I said as we pulled away.

"Well, I have to agree with that. You look wow." Rupath said with a full smile making me blush a little. Others just smiled away.

"I will have something additional and say you look hot," Kunal said hugging me from the side and making me chuckle.

Laksh came and hugged me tightly as well, "Thanks for coming. And yup I am in love with these sexy hairs." He said. I let out a laugh hearing him.

"It's good to see you finally," I said moving at Parth who gave me his full smile with a nod.

"Me too." He said and hugged me.

"I am sorry again, it took me so long," I said pulling away and making a guilty face.

"Don't bother, Zee. You are here that's what matters." Parth said in an understanding tone, still smiling at me.

"Yeah but still," I said shaking my head a little.

"You don't have to feel bad, Zivah." I heard Rupath as I looked back at him.

"I mean you still knew us for just two months and you still came running all your work behind when you got to know about us." He said with a smile.

"The people we thought of closest didn't bother to even ask about us." He said further. I could hear the sarcasm in his tone. Everyone else stayed quite.

"Huh?" I said absent-mindedly not knowing who is he pointing at.

"I guess, Parth. I called you countless times." I heard the familiar voice as my breaths got hitched in my throat. I looked to the sides to see Ved standing close to the staircase. He might have been upstairs all this time I suppose. I kept staring at him dumbfoundedly. Never in my wildest dreams, I thought Ved to be here. I almost gave up on any chance of seeing him again. But this... This took me by surprise.

He looked all same like how I saw him 4-5 days back. The bun, the tan, the tattoos, the neckless, the bracelet, and most importantly, the frown and the coldness.

But now, I know the reason. Well, not everything but somewhat have an idea as to what is off.

"Called..." Rupath said letting out a laugh making Ved frown even more.

"Sure," Rupath said shaking his head through the laughter.

"Stop. Both of you!" Renee said in a stern voice making Rupath stop from laughing or saying anything further.

"We are here for Parth." She said again glaring at Ved and Ruapth.

"Yes, we will listen to your whins later," Kunal said with the roll of his eyes as he got seated on the couch.

Everyone agreed and made their way to take their seats. I just stood awkwardly. Ved made his way past me without even sparing a glance at me. What is his problem? What have I done?

I frowned but didn't say anything. I got seated beside Parth with Laksh on his other side as Ved got seated beside Kunal, keeping a safe distance from Rupath.

"Umm..." Parth started looking at Ved and then at me.

"I guess you both have already met." He said again. Ved and I looked briefly at each other before he moved his gaze back to Parth.

"Yes," Ved said with a plain face.

"Really? When?" I heard Renee as I looked back at her.

"I was in London for a meeting when I bumped into him," I said keeping it short. Renee didn't give away any expressions.

"You were in London? I thought you were in Venezuela," Rupath said with sarcasm clearly visible in his voice.

"I was there last month," Ved said in a plain tone without sparing a look at Rupath. It genuinely didn't feel right to look at them behaving like that. I felt bad.

"Oh." Rupath just said with a sarcastic chuckle.

"Okay back to Parth," I said in a low voice looking at Renee. She gave me a smile.

"Yes, sorry bro but you are purposely wasting time," Kunal said.

"Wasting time?" Parth asked him sounding a bit irritated.

"I didn't mean it in that context so you don't have to get offended" Kunal said with a shrug. Laksh sat quietly. Ved didn't give any expressions and Rupath just looked around.

What the fuck is wrong with these people. This is far beyond my imagination.

"Parth, just let it out. Whatever you are feeling." Laksh said sounding surprisingly calm. We moved our gazes to Parth with anticipation.

He closed his eyes taking a deep breath before speaking again.

"Let me give some idea to Zivah first," Parth said as looking at me. Others nodded in agreement. I looked at Parth with anticipation giving my attention to him.

"Nothing is like before as you might have already seen it. So everything started falling apart like a year back somewhere when Randhir said he will be taking time off because he wanted to think about what he truly wants." He started as everyone stayed quiet.

"He thought that he might have gotten into music just because he followed me ever since childhood and that I forced him into this. Mishka brainwashed him I guess somewhere saying he needs to think about life again." He said letting out a sad chuckle and shaking his head a little.

Okay, so that explains Randhir's absence from this meeting. I was a little surprised at that new piece of information. Randhir wanting to separate from the boys? I just couldn't take it in. I've seen all these five boys together and they were inseparable but clearly a lot did happen and they all did change.

Parth let out a sigh before speaking again. "So we four were left with that project from LA still in the pipeline. We gave it a thought and decided to go ahead with just four of us after loads of discussion. We reached LA in the following month and the work started. But not everything goes as planned." He finished taking a brief pause.

"Some people thought that others are given more importance than them and that their views are not included in the final work." He said in a rather low voice.

"Which is true. Because some people consider themselves as main." Laksh said gritting his teeth and looking at Rupath with rage. Rupath gave him a glare.

"He formed the group, Laksh. He has every right." Parth said handling the situation.

"The band is famous because of all of us dude. Not him alone." Kunal said.

"And you will obviously take his side considering the importance he gives to you. Whenever a song is written then it's always Parth who would get to read it first, no?" Kunal said further raising his eyebrows. I looked at Rupath who was unbothered till now. Renee stayed quiet giving concerned look.

"That's not true," Parth said again.

"Laksh, what do you say?" Kunal asked looking at Laksh, "You wanted to include a soothing melody in the album but the idea was rubbed off."

Laksh let out a sigh and looked at Rupath again. There was a coldness in his eyes. Ved was just watching the drama sitting there.

"By the label. I didn't do it. I love silent music as much as I love pop." Rupath said through gritted teeth as Laksh and Kunal exchanged looks letting out a laugh.

"Rupath." Renee glared at him.

"They started it. Can't you see?" Rupath said with irritation.

"At least, I am not afraid to hide my relationship." He said further looking back at Laksh whose expressions changed.

"RUPATH!" Renee shouted at him giving unbelievable expressions. Rupath closed his eyes for a moment trying to contain his anger. He looked at Laksh again but this time the irritation and anger were gone for good.

"Look, I am sorry. I didn't mean to." Rupath said adjusting himself in the seat.

"You never mean anything but it just happens because of others. They force you to do things." Ved spoke for the first time as a small mocking smile played on his lips. He wasn't looking at Rupath.

"You stay out of it," Rupath said with rage.

"Why? I have every right to speak if anyone says shit about my friend." Ved said looking at Rupath in a challenging tone.

"Your friend? Where were you when he took sleeping peels in an attempt to kill himself?" Rupath asked as he shook with anger with each word he spoke.

Took sleeping peels? I looked at Parth not believing a word. He was looking at the ground closing his eyes. I never thought Parth's condition was this worse that it lead him to commit suicide. There was too much revelation happening before me and I just couldn't keep up with it all. I blinked away tears gathering in my eyes and inwardly thanked God for not letting anything happen to him.

"I didn't know. I would have never let that happen. You call yourself a lead right? Handling everything? Where were you when your bandmate who you once upon a time called your brother was suffering from depression and you couldn't even tell?" Ved hissed at Rupath. I could feel the anger in his words.

"Ved..." Rupath's posture softened as I felt his voice shaky.

"The truth is always bitter, Rupath. And before pointing out other's mistakes just try to see and correct your own." Ved said again.

"Guys, stop!" Parth finally said pulling his head up and looking at them. "Fine. We don't have guts to accept anything." He said again.

"More precisely me. Come on, say that out and loud what you were saying since days." Laksh said letting out a sad laugh as he shook his head.

"I am a coward and I don't know how to do it. Yes, that's true." He said again looking guilty. The sadness in his voice was evident. "And if he is suffering then I am responsible for it." His voice broke a little but he didn't let it show much.

"No, you are not," Parth said moving to his side and holding his hand tight. He let out a sigh again as Laksh didn't move.

"So yes as I was saying..." Parth continued. "You got an idea as to what happened later in LA." He said looking at me as I just nodded at him.

"When we came back after a couple of months, nothing was the same. I thought we will sort out everything but things were already gone out of hands." He said further.

"My sister..." He stopped gulping. He was trying hard to not break. I could tell. "She broke the news about my sexuality to my family," Parth said again after some moments passed. I was shocked to hear that but I didn't let it show. How could she? And why? He would have told them by himself.

"They were taken aback. I tried putting my views and taking a stand but they started threatening me with something or the other." He said again and I could see tears were gathering in his eyes which he was trying to wipe away but it was of not much use.

"The one thing that I loved with all my heart also came into the conspiracy." He said further. I looked around at Rupath and Kunal who looked guilty and sad. They weren't looking at Parth for some reason. Renee was holding Rupath's hand tight.

"I just felt helpless with nowhere to go," Parth said again as a sob left his mouth. I felt my eyes watery as I held his hand tight.

"I put everything out on Laksh. He also stopped coming here. I felt suffocated with everything going on the head." He said and sniffed hard. Parth stopped for some good two minutes just breathing calmly.

In the meantime, I wiped my face. I saw Renee doing the same. Ved was looking down and so did Kunal. Laksh kept his hold on Parth tight. I guess I saw Rupath wiped his eye fast so no one could notice anything.

"The thoughts started haunting me with no one to talk to. I knew I needed help and that if not given I might end up hurting myself but..." Parth started speaking again.

"I just don't know who to speak to. I felt everything was taken away from me. All happiness and I couldn't live." He said and broke at the end. Shaking as tears left his eyes unapologetically.

I sniffed looking at him and tried to hide my face wiping it again and again. Renee kept looking down and I could see her body shaking as well. She was crying. Rupath held her by putting his arm over her shoulder. I could see it was hard for him as well and so for others.

"My music, my friends, my family, my love..." Parth said again as a sob left his mouth and he started crying loudly. I stayed stunned. I wanted someone to be my side. I was scared looking at him for some reason and for his outbreak. I held both my hands together and looked away from Parth. I just couldn't look at him like this. I felt weak for not being able to console him.

Laksh was trying hard to hold Parth as even he broke down looking at Parth's state. Ved wiped his tears and so did Kunal.

"Everyone was so disappointing," Parth shouted again through cries. He sniffed as he cried for more time being in Laksh's arms. Finally, he contained himself and got seated straight. Laksh offered him water and tissues which he took.

"I am sorry. I didn't want to..." He said after some time looking down as he let out a small laugh.

"I want to live. I want to enjoy and smile again but I felt helpless. I..." He said stopping for some time. His eyes started watering again but he kept his gaze fixed on the ground.

"I couldn't think straight." He said in a low voice sniffing. "I am sorry..." He said with a sob.

"Parth, I am sorry too." Laksh said throwing his arms around Parth as he started crying as well, "I should have been here with you but I was on my ego trip. I was angry and blinded to your state. What kind of person I am that I couldn't see what you are going through." He said through cries. Parth didn't say a word.

"I am so sorry for leaving you alone," Laksh said again.

"I am sorry too. I was busy being arrogant. Renee told me countless times to talk to you but I didn't hear a word." Rupath started in a low voice. Parth gave him a small smile.

"I am sorry as well, Parth. I should have called often keeping my differences away." Ved spoke.

"Me too. For everything, I said." Kunal said. Parth gave them a small smile again.

"It's okay." He said further as he moved his gaze to Ved, "As for you Ved, you still called the multiple times amongst the rest, putting your big fat ego aside for me. And we all know how big that is." Parth said letting out a small chuckle. I looked at Ved with adoration. He sure acts like a jerk but is a sweetheart as always.

"Just know that we all are here, Parth and we won't leave until you get better," Renee said with a smile. Parth chuckled hearing her.

"Definitely," Kunal said.

"Zee, you must be having an extended stay because of Alizeh's wedding?" Renee asked gaining my attention.

"Yes, I will be here until mid of next month at least," I said nodding at her.

"That's cool," Rupath said with a smile.

"Come on guys now. Cheer up. Especially you, Parth." Kunal said making us laugh a little.

"And Alizeh has invited all of us to the wedding and we are attending." Renee declared. I moved my gaze in Ved's direction as immediately but he was blank.

"Do you all understand?" Renee asked again. Everyone nodded but Ved.

"Including you, Ved." She said pointing him out.

"I will think," Ved said with a blank face. I lost all my hope again. What is seriously wrong with this guy?

"You won't be going away right away, right?" Parth asked Ved.

"I will be staying for some time at least." He said giving him an assuring smile.

"What about your work. Zivah said you were there for work?" He asked again with worried expressions.

"Chill bro," Ved said with a wide smile. "Work will keep going on. If not this one then I will get some new projects. At the moment, you are more important." He said with an assuring smile. I so wanted to get up and hug him tight right at the moment after hearing those words but I controlled my emotions and gave him the look of adoration which he didn't notice as he is busy ignoring me. Jerk!!!

"I always knew you are my real bro," Parth said giving him a full smile. It made me feel at ease. I could see Rupath being insecure and avoiding to look at Ved. I find it so cute. Of course, they won't easily just fight like that but they need to sort out things soon.

"Come on now as ma'am said cheer up. We all are here for you." Ved said making everyone smile.

"Yes," Parth said nodding his head.

"And, Laksh. Get your shit together and decide what you want. Don't make him suffer because you are a coward." Kunal said making a point and glaring at Laksh who fixed his gaze to the ground but didn't say anything.

"It's okay, Kunal." Parth said with the understanding tone, trying to defend Laksh, "That's fine."

"It's not and remember, Parth. The more you will hide his mistakes, the more you will suffer." Rupath said making a point and glaring at Laksh. He just fixed his gaze down.

*******************

I thought about having a conversation with Mr. Rude when I saw him making a way out in the garden as he got a call. But before I walked to Renee to talk to her until he gets done with his call.

"How have you been?" I asked with a smile.

"I'm amazed if you minus this part," Renee said pointing at those four boys who were talking formally with each other.

"I didn't even think about this possibility ever," I said genuinely. Renee nodded at me.

"What's happening with Mr. Grumpy?" Renee asked making me chuckle. I guess everyone has already their names for Ved and it's just not me then.

"I have no idea," I said genuinely looking out as I saw Ved moving back and forth, talking over the phone with concerned expressions. What now?

"What happened in London?" She asked again as I moved my gaze to her.

"He was... I don't know. He was having mood swings. One day he was fine and the other day as if nothing happened." I said with a nod explaining her my confused state.

"He talked casually when we parted so I thought it will be all right. But he is ignoring me now again." I said frowning a bit as I looked back at Ved.

"Don't worry. It's not you." Renee said.

"What?" I asked looking back at her.

"He got into a big fight with Rupath as soon as he came here so the anger is for him which is coming out on us. He didn't even talk to me. Just gave me a formal smile." Renee said with a sad smile.

"Seriously?" I asked crooking my eyebrows.

"Yup, after all, I'm Rupath's fiancee," Renee said shaking her head with a smile.

"That's childish of them," I said making a face.

"They have always been childish. Rupath even used to get jealous, seeing Ved with his friends from Chicago." She said making me chuckle.

"That's so cute," I said making an aww face.

"It is," Renee said chuckling at me.

"Anyway leave them. Tell me what is happening with you? And why a sudden makeover?" She asked adjusting my hairs and adoring my new haircut.

"Nothing is happening to me. I am the project and work. I'm also looking forward to getting admitted for masters." I said giving her a proud smile. Renee gave me an impressive look.

"Wow man, you are all sorted, unlike someone I knew two years back." She said making a thoughtful face. I let out a laugh.

"Yup. It's good, no?" I said.

"Of course." She said smiling.

"And the makeover. I just thought of trying some short hairdo and I loved it this way." I said with a full smile.

"Me too, a lot." She said giving me hearts look.

"Damn those hairs. Where did you get it? I am going to try that salon when I'll be in New York." She asked again moving her hand from my hair. Well, I don't usually let people touch my hair as they are most precious to me but Renee is just too sweet so I made an exception for her.

"It's Natalie's. I'll give you her number just give my reference. I have been going at her since I suppose I was in college." I said.

"Wow, that long? Send me and I will try." She said smiling.

"For sure. But what about you?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Work-wise it's amazing. I'm getting actually good movie offers as well but I'm not sure." She said.

"Why not?" I asked with a frown.

"Because I'm a little older to accept movie offers I feel. I will get complex from all the younger actresses." She said making me roll my eyes.

"Oh please, I will say the other way around," I said genuinely as she let out a laugh.

"Apart from that, my wedding is still in my imagination." She said as I gave her a pout.

"You okay about it?" I asked.

"Yes, I mean he has been going through a lot for a year now. If you look at it that way but it started before that. Like even before Randhir's break started. He used to be away and we kind of knew what was coming." She said getting a little serious as she looked at Rupath who was having some serious conversation with Parth. Laksh and Kunal were listening to it as well along with Parth who was nodding.

"Without being biased I know Zivah how much he has loved and cared for them. All of them." I looked back at Renee who held sadness in her eyes and in her voice.

"He used to get reckless if they were in trouble. He always treated them as a family." She said further. I didn't know what to say. Whose fault it is? I don't know. No one could tell.

"I couldn't even imagine what he must be going through. I don't know how it might have felt when you see your dream falling through." She said and I felt something staggered in my heart. I couldn't even imagine it.

He has always dreamt about forming his own band and when he succeeded at it, he has to see everything falling apart. I honestly can't imagine what he must be going through.

"And then Ved. To add to all of those worries." Renee said with a frown.

"What happened to them?" I asked.

"Ask Ved first then we can combine our versions and try to make things better." She said giving me her sweet smile. I smiled at her genuinely. "Deal?" She asked further extending her hand forward.

"Deal..." I said holding her hand.

"Now go and talk to him before his call ends and he runs away." She said looking at Ved.

"Yes," I said as I moved my gaze to see Ved a little pissed. I don't know if it's the right time to talk with him. But he is anyway pissed or annoyed or angry nowadays. So that would be fine for me to just talk now.

**********

Ved looked back at me when he heard the door move. I gave him a small smile and walked outside closing the door shut behind me.

"Yes, I understand your point. But I am sorry I can't come to London at the moment. There is some family emergency." He said moving his hand in the air. He looked frustrated.

I sat on the wooden bench kept outside in the shadow.

"Look, Sophia..." He was trying to say something but was not able to speak. I frowned looking at his frustrated face. He closed his eyes for a brief moment standing at one spot.

"Yes okay. I will be ready." He said in a calm voice.

"Yeah. Bye." He said and cut the call without waiting for anything. He let out a sigh, shaking his head a little.

He got seated beside me keeping some distance looking annoyed. He pulled out a cigarette packet from his pocket, taking out a cigarette and lighting it with a lighter he had in his jacket. I smiled a bit, I don't know why. But looking at him like this after this long time made me feel good.

"Work?" I asked. He nodded without looking at me, puffing out cigarette smoke into the air.

"Yup. I left in the middle so they are kind of furious." He said and moved his gaze towards me. I wrinkled my nose clearly not liking the cigarette smell.

"So now?" I asked being worried. Ved chuckled and I can't tell how amazing that feeling was which I felt right at the moment.

"She said that they will take disciplinary actions against me." He said shaking his head and putting his cigarette to the ground and stepping his foot on it. I smiled at his gesture, totally adoring him but he didn't notice.

"What? But you said it was a family thing. That they needed you." I said with a frown.

"Yes, don't worry. Sophia anyway finds every opportunity to get back at me so I kind of expected that." He said giving me an assuring smile. But my frown deepened.

"But isn't it unprofessional?" I asked again.

"What can I say?" He said with a shrug.

"What's up with you?" He asked again as I just kept on the frown.

"Nothing," I said being confused. He kept looking at my face for some moments and I felt I cheek burn a little.

"You okay?" He asked after minutes of silence.

"What happened to me?" I asked again with even more confusion.

"You weren't looking good back there." He said.

"So you noticed," I asked raising my eyebrows with a smirk. Ved smiled and shook his head in disappointment.

"Yes, it's just... I don't know... Seeing him like that..." I said trying to explain as I looked down at my hands, playing with them.

"Yeah!" Ved just said letting out a sigh.

"I thought you are ignoring me. So just came here to ask you about your exact problem." I said further. Ved let out a laugh.

"I was just pissed with these people..." He said showing me his mobile.

"And then that jackass Rupath added to it by speaking nonsense." He gritted his teeth as he spoke that. I wanted to ask about the problem but thought I will ask him later when he is in a better mood. I don't want to be nosy right from this point.

"I didn't expect you to be here," I said genuinely. Ved looked at me with a smile. I gave him a confused look.

"I knew you would come." He said with a shrug.

"So Austria wasn't in the plan then?" I asked with frown again.

"It is but not now. I will be going in some two months after a short break." He said nodding.

"I was going to come to India as I had to meet Parth but it just got preponed." He said further. I gave him a glare.

"You are such an ass!" I said in a low voice shaking my head. Ved let out a laugh.

"I have heard it a lot. Trust me." He said making me smile a little.

"You knew we will be meeting again here when we meet Parth," I said narrowing my eyes to which he shrugged and nodded. "Asshole!" I said again as I heard Ved laugh again.

"Guys?" We moved our gazes to the side to see Parth peeking through the door.

"Sorry if I am disturbing." He said giving us an apologetic smile. I smiled shaking my head a little.

"You are not. Come." Ved said adjusting in his seat.

"What about the rest?" I asked crooking my eyebrows.

"They left." Parth said with a shrug.

"What? Just like that? Without saying bye?" I said with disbelief.

"Well, they thought of leaving you both alone. Besides we will be meeting again in Alizeh's cocktail party the day after." Parth said.

I totally forgot about that. Ali has decided to host a party along with Ahil for all of her and his friends and colleagues. Just for the young people. My head started hurting just thinking of the preparation that needs to be done for that and also I've to decide on my look and stuff. I've to look presentable as well as I'm her sister after all.

"Yes, that's true," I said nodding but still not convinced. But I left that topic and thought of confronting them at the party.

"You okay?" Ved asked once Parth got settled on another wooden bench in front of us.

"Yes." He said shaking his head a little. But anyone could say he is not.

"What's going on with Laksh?" Ved asked again, "He seems to be lost. Like he doesn't know what to do."

"That's what he is going through," Parth said looking hopeless.

"Why?" Ved asked being confused.

"I don't know. When I ask then he gets mad and walks away." Parth said. I knew there was a lot going in his head but he was surprisingly calm.

"Parth, dude. This won't work. You need to confront him." Ved said. I nodded agreeing with him. It seems like Parth is only getting through this mess while Laksh is not bothered much. But I haven't spoken to him so I don't know his side.

"And if he is not going to be there then you need to move on towards better. You might be taking it lightly by giving him chances but he can't take you for granted just like that. He needs to know a few things. And he needs to select his priorities." Ved said with anger. I could see how much he cared for Parth. Other than Rupath he is actually closest to Parth.

"It was fine at the start to say he needs time but not now. It's been over 4 years. He can't act like that." Ved said further as Parth stayed quiet.

"You need to take a stand for yourself now. Enough of fighting for him. Now fight for your own self. Else you will get stuck in this forever. And it's not good for you." Ved said as his voice went down a bit and worry took the place of anger.

"His life is going just fine. Just think about it." Ved said making Parth understand. I looked at Parth who was thinking something. He looked up at Ved.

"I will. I have to." He said in a determined voice making me feel better.

"You are right, Ved. I have been defending him for too long. I need to ask him straight as to what he wants and if he is going to be there in this fight. Because I can't do this alone." He said shaking his head a little.

"I will ask him and I promise I won't repeat the mistakes I did in the past." He said further giving Ved an assuring smile. Ved smiled back at him.

"I made everyone worry. I am just too embarrassed." Parth said looking guilty.

"It's okay, Parth," I said with a smile.

"You are embarrassed in front of your own friends? I am going to act shamelessly." I said with a shrug. Parth gave me a known look making me laugh as he laughed along with me. Ved gave us an amused look as a small smile played on his lips.

"But, those were fine. I am just guilty for both of you." Parth said further with guilt again. "I mean you both have to rush leaving your work behind..."

"Oh hello, just don't put that guilty act. I know you are feeling way too happy seeing us again." Ved said rolling his eyes. Parth looked at him for a few moments and burst into laughter making me laugh as well. Ved shook his head in disappointment.

"That's true," Parth said with a nod.

"Jackass!" Ved said still being disappointed.

"But people... just sort out things," Parth said moving his gaze from me to Ved and back.

"Ask Mr. Grumpy," I said with a shrug. Ved gave me an unbelievable look. I smirked at him.

"I like that name. Even Renee called you that." Parth said letting out a laugh again.

"I didn't even get to talk to her," Ved said letting out a sigh.

"You are just being too much Ved. Just sort out things with Rupath." Parth said. Ved rolled his eyes.

"Why would I do that? He was the one who pushed me away and cut me off from his life." Ved said with irritation.

"He won't do that ever. Even you know that." Parth said.

"I will talk when he will come and talk to me. Until then I don't want to talk about him." Ved said being annoyed. I and Parth exchanged a look that stated it's better to stop before he walks out of the house.

"Okay. You both are staying for Lunch, right?" Parth asked changing the topic.

"Umm Parth..." I was saying but was cut by Ved.

"Yes, I am. Anyway, I am done eating outside food." He said with a plain voice. I saw Parth's face brighten.

"Okay." He said with a smile and looked at me as he spoke further, "I know it's Alizeh's wedding and a lot of preparations are needed to get done but leave after lunch."

I was supposed to have lunch with Ali and Ahil today but I honestly don't think I could say no to Parth who looked at me with so much hope.

"I can't possibly say no to you," I said putting a smile. Parth lighten up again as he gave me his full smile.

"And I want to hear about your book. It's progress, about your job and in short everything." He said getting up from his seat.

"Okay," I said shrugging.

"I have to make a few calls. I will see you in some time." Ved said looking at us both. I gave him a nod.

"Okay. Let's go, Zivah." Parth said moving inside the house.

"Sure," I said as I followed Parth.

I had a nice long conversation with Parth. I made sure nothing related to these current problems pop up in our talk and I can say I was successful in it. It was good to see him ease up and smile a lot more. He turned to that old Parth I missed when I showed up here. This whole conversation also made me feel good about my ability to make someone smile.

Ved showed up just a few minutes before the lunch was served. Even throughout the lunchtime there weren't many inputs to the conversation from his side. He was busy with his phone most of the time. I do understand he had things to deal with related to his job. But I kind of hoped for a good time with Ved as well.

Anyway, after lunch, I didn't stay for too long as I've to get back to Ali as she has already planned my schedule and in between, I've to manage my work as well. There's no compromise in that.

Since I couldn't make it to the lunch date today, Ali decided to have a dinner date tonight with just us three. At first, I was a little reluctant about that idea since I've to help with preparation in the day and the only time I get to do my work is at night so going out for the dinner didn't sit well with me. But she offered to leave me alone throughout the day so I can do my thing and enjoy myself at night with them. I was more than happy with that offer as I didn't want to deal with Vandy and her stupid son throughout the dinner time and maybe before that as well. This was the main reason Ali was persistent in going out. I can surely see how she was done with that Canada family.

I shook my head as chuckle left my mouth thinking of the whole fuss at home. I waited for the signal to turn green so I can get home and get some work done. It will seriously help me unload some weight from my shoulders.

Thinking back to that main guy, I hope he shows up for that cocktail party and surprises me like today. I just hope he does and we'll get some time to spend alone like before. I really want to talk things out with him but it's too fast and he's still not ready. I've to hold my patience with him like always.

But one thing I'm sure, I'm not chasing him anymore, it's his time to persuade me. Let's see if he gather up the courage to come forward or miss this chance as well.

________________________________

✨Author's Note✨

So that was all for now. Let us know what you feel about this one.

VOTE by pressing ⭐

Zivah will be back with another update soon.

Till then, Bye.

Loads of love.❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.6K 1.9K 22
"๐‘ซ๐’–๐’๐’Š๐’š๐’‚๐’ ๐’Œ๐’ ๐’…๐’Š๐’Œ๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’‚ ๐’„๐’‰๐’‚๐’‰๐’•๐’Š ๐’‰๐’, ๐’Œ๐’Š ๐’ƒ๐’Š๐’˜๐’Š ๐’‰๐’ ๐’Ž๐’†๐’“๐’Š?" ~~ "๐‘ณ๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’Š๐’” ๐’‚ ๐’๐’Š๐’†" "๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’‚๐’“๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’ƒ...
3.3K 445 34
โYou are worth it. You are enough.โž -------------------- I didn't realise until now that this shit called 'love' hurts this bad. I never believed in...
73.3K 3.5K 37
DISCLAIMER:-This story is not edited.Once I'm done with my other books then I will edit this book. "I will never accept this"She shout. "I hate you...
249K 8.6K 66
The story is a completed story. Interested folks can read, and if you like, please do vote and share this with others as well.. Thanks. It's a romant...