Like Dandelions In The Wind

By Scribble_Maniacs

For me, freedom has always been just a word without meaning. I found it's meaning amongst the crowd of Delhi... More

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 - FINAL
EPILOGUE
VED
Thank You
When The Camellia Blooms

Chapter 33

386 32 45
By Scribble_Maniacs

Zivah's POV

INDIA! No matter where I go in the world, where I stay and how much I like some other place, this country will always hold special, no not special, but a most special place in my heart. That I got to know when I came here for the first time in years and I regretted not coming year all these years because of my busy life. But it's better late than never as everyone says.

I smiled widely when cab took a turn and made its way inside the mansion. I had the same wide smile I had two years back. The watchman came running to take my luggage as it was still dawn. I missed my babu being with me. I pouted at the thought but gave a grateful smile to this person helping me out with bags.

I felt a little embarrassed seeing the three-four of the huge bags for the only person but what to do this Ali asked me to bring too much stuff as if she won't get it here. Besides this, my own clothes, my babu's stuff, makeup, office things, and whatnot. It took me a lot of effort to travel with this. I was exhausted.

I made my way inside the house and no one was up except for a few helpers. I remember telling Alizeh about my coming but she might have slept a few hours back so I don't expect her to be up anytime soon. Great I will get some me time and can sleep as well before that Canada family wakes up at least. I let out a deep sigh just at the thought of interacting with these many people. But what to do?

I let myself fall on the bed as soon as I reached my dear room. Oh! How much I missed staying here. I looked around to see everything exactly at the same place where I left it before. I ran into the balcony opening it. I smiled like a maniac looking around the morning Delhi's view.

"Welcome back!" I heard from inside as I ran inside again. I held Dadu tightest in a hug as he returned my affection.

"It feels good to be back," I said smiling happily as I pulled back from the hug.

"And it feels good to see you this happy," Dadu said pulling my cheeks and making me giggle.

"Dadi!" I said as I saw her beside standing at the door and looking at us with affection. I threw my arms around her as she pecked me on my forehead from the side.

"Now that I see this new avatar, I like it even more." She said pulling away.

"I love this new version, to be honest," Dadu said making me smile even more.

"Me too!" I said.

"Where is Ali? See." I said looking at Dadi. "Because of this, I got weird looks from people around," I said with a frown pointing at all the baggage. Dadu and Dadi let out a laugh shaking their heads.

"One girl and four huge bags," I said deepening my frown.

"She is sleeping. Vandana made her go crazy yesterday with her never-ending chatting." Dadi said making a face and I got exactly what she was saying. I gave her a terrifying expression.

"Oh no, I have to go through it now," I said just imagining what's in store for me.

"Yes," Dadi said with a nod.

"What should I prepare for you for breakfast?" She asked again adjusting my hair. It felt so good.

"I just want Chai then I will get ready and then I will have breakfast with everyone," I said. "You don't have to make anything for me alone this early," I said further as I held her arm tight. Dadi chuckled a bit.

"Are you hungry?" Dadu asked raising his eyebrows.

"No. I ate that flight food." I said making a face as Dadu returned the same disgusted expressions. We both hate airline food no matter which it is. It makes us sick.

"I think my stomach got upset. So, I will just have Chai." I said looking at Dadi again.

"Okay, I will make it right away," Dadi said with a smile as she made her way downstairs with Dadu following her. I told her that I will be downstairs after getting refreshed.

******************

I was sitting on the breakfast table after finishing all of the morning chores when I saw my worst nightmare coming downstairs. My lovely Bua, my father's and Chachu's only sister, my Dadu, and Dadi's only daughter, Vandana Bua.

I gave her an awkward smile which was a contrast to her overly enthusiastic smile.

"OMG! Zivah. No one told me you were coming." She came almost running and in between even managed to trip her leg on the mat. But she managed somehow.

I sometimes wonder if she's really my Dadu and Dadi's daughter. I know that's rude of me to think that way but come on, she's nothing like them. She's nothing like anyone in this family. She's this completely over-enthusiastic, overly sweet that it comes off as fake, clingy, show-off person. I don't know how she turned out like this but I do know everyone here low-key finds her annoying.

"Yes, Vandy. It was kind of last-minute call." I said with even more awkwardness. Yup! We call her Vandy. I don't know the exact reason but as long as I remember, it has always been the same.

"No worries, we can go shopping and also, parlor. It's good that you came early." She said hugging me tight from the side and almost choking me.

"Yup, true. It will be so much fun, Zee." I looked ahead to see Ali walking towards us with a mocking smile. I gave her an unpleasant look but she was least bothered. She got seated in front of me.

"Where should we go first?" Vandy asked excitedly taking a seat beside me.

"Umm... I actually have to meet someone first so you both can go?" I said with an apologetic voice.

"No, Zee. Never. How can we have all the fun? Right, Vandy?" Ali asked dramatically as I threw a curse towards her. That bitch gave me a flying kiss in return.

"Yes absolutely. We can go once you are done." Vandy said with a smile. I gave her a small smile.

"Who you are meeting with? Boyfriend?" She asked again.

"No, a friend actually. He is already in a relationship." I said clarifying the things for once. I don't want her to ask anything more.

"Oh, that's bad." She said scrolling through her feeds.

"So have you gotten a new one? After Vihaan of course." She asked further without looking at me. I let out a sigh. Can't I be single for once?

"No, I am good actually," I said putting up a smile so I won't sound rude.

"Let me introduce you to some people then. They will be here to attend the wedding of the year anyway." She said looking back at me with a wink.

"Vandy, I am seriously doing great. I don't exactly want any relationship at the moment." I said again keeping the irritation out of my voice.

"Have you met Amelia yet?" She asked again. I am not interested. But of course, I don't say that.

"Amelia? Oh, Armaan's girlfriend?" I asked just to get the conversation going.

"No, she is his fiancee." She looked at me feeling offended. Ali let out a small chuckle. I threw an irritated look at her.

"Oh, I didn't know," I said faking a sorry face.

"Really? I told Avinash about the engagement." She said again. I honestly don't care. Isn't it visible on my face?

"Well, we have a huge communication gap in our house so we fail to know certain things," I said randomly being sarcastic but I jerked hard when she started laughing loudly. I saw Alizeh giving some unpleasant look as well.

Does everyone have to be weird?

"You are funny." She said giving me a push. I threw an irritated look at her but she wasn't looking at me and somewhere I was relieved for that.

"So yes Amelia..." She said again.

"Vandy, she just came. Besides, Amelia is still sleeping so I don't think they have met yet?" Alizeh said reading my mood maybe. As I am usually short-tempered especially with her around.

"Oh yes sure." She said getting up from her seat. How relieved I felt right in the moment.

"I will be back girls. I just need to update my Instagram with a new picture." She said looking around.

"Oh, Zivah. You haven't yet opened an account. Haven't you?" She asked looking back at me.

"No, I didn't," I said shaking my head. Shocking? But that's true.

"Just be socialize. It's good." Vandy said hitting lightly on my shoulder making me even more irritated.

"Sure," I said trying to end the topic.

"What should I capture for today's post?" She said looking around.

"I wish Cody was here," Vandy said further with a frown.

"Put a selfie with Zee." Ali opened her annoying mouth. I looked at her with fury. She winked at me.

"That's a brilliant idea," Vandy said adding to my horror.

"No, I am not..." I was trying when she cut me off.

"You always look beautiful, Zivah. You are my niece after all." She said putting on a proud face. I was speechless hearing her.

"Come here." She said pulling me closer by literally holding my neck. I frowned at her but was of no use.

I posed and smiled like dumb for some good 20 minutes making me annoyed, angry, and irritated. Ali was laughing sitting there looking at my not so pleasant state. I honestly wanted to kill her for that but before I wanted to run away from this room. Sadly I couldn't do anything and sat there obeying Vandy and posing for the camera giving the perfect look she wanted.

*****************

"So you met Ved in London? I haven't heard that story yet." Ali asked sitting beside me in the chair in the garden.

"Yup." I said letting out a small sigh, "He looked different."

"Different as in?" Alizeh asked narrowing her eyes at me. I took a deep breath before starting.

"I mean he was cold unlike before. The smile was gone. Something was going on with him. I guess he is not in contact with the boys anymore." I said being in my thoughts which were about Ved and Parth.

"What? God, what happened to them?" Alizeh said as the surprise and concern was visible in her voice.

"Renee also never mentioned Ved but I thought it's normal," Alizeh said further shaking her head a bit. I stayed the same, quiet.

"I didn't give it a thought." She said in a low voice.

"And?" She asked further looking at me

"And we talked normally along with Vihaan," I said.

"Which is a big surprise that they both talked," Alizeh said giving an impressive smile.

"I know," I said nodding my head a little.

"It's good. It shows Vihaan is doing well." I said as I put a smile looking back at Ali.

"Yes. Did he say anything more?" Ali asked again shifting in her seat.

"Anything more? About us?" I asked raising my eyebrows. Ali nodded at me.

"No. He was still reluctant. I don't know why. Now he knows Vihaan and I are never going to come together. I don't know what is stopping him now." I said as my voice got sadder. I shook my head a little in disappointment.

"You could have asked him," Ali said making me roll my eyes. As if I wouldn't have tried that option.

"He refused to speak anything," I said. Ali let out a sigh.

"But..." I said stopping. I looked at her with a smirk. She gave me a confused look.

"He sure was the upgraded version on Ved," I said winking at her as I let out a chuckle.

"Means?" Ali asked still being confused.

"Look wise." I clarified. Her expressions changed with impressed one as she gave her attention with excitement.

"Hotter?" She asked.

"Yup totally!" I said chuckling.

"He had grown up beard. More tattoos, all over his arms and neck and I don't know where to more." I said with a giggle. Ali raised her eyebrows with an impression.

"You have become wild." She said laughing a little.

"But seriously..." I said remembering Ved and his new hottie look.

"Besides he has grown his hair and tied in a bun." I finished satisfied with my explanation.

"What?" Ali asked raising her eyebrows not believe the bun part. If I am being honest then that too me off guard too. I never in my wildest imagination thought about it. And if someone has told me this then I would have given a weird face but man I have witnessed that part and he looked just drool-worthy.

"Yes seriously. I was so shocked, Ali." I said further with a wide smile.

"But he was looking super hot," I said giggling again. "With extra tan." I completed it as I forgot that part before.

"You made me excited. I want to see him badly." Ali said with a complaining tone.

"Couldn't you click one picture with him?" She asked further hitting me.

"Are you mad? He was grumpy that he barely talked with me." I said defending myself.

"Did he comment on your look?" She asked again giving me a known look. "The hottie and sexy Zivah Chandra?" She said further winking at me. I giggled again.

"Yup. He said it suits me more and that he liked it better." I said not quite looking at her. I contained my smile as I spoke.

"Oh-oh!" Ali said poking her elbow in my arm, "Someone is still so into someone."

"Shut up," I said putting a serious face even when it was making me happy. "I'm more worried about Parth," I said genuinely coming back to the main topic. "Ved will still be fine with his job but Parth?" I said with pure concern.

"What did he say?" Ali asked getting serious herself as well. I shook my head.

"He said he will talk when I will meet him. So let's see how it goes." I said.

"I hope he is fine," Ali said with worry.

"I will call him in some time," I said. "What's the scene here? Amelia?" I asked narrowing my eyes. Ali's expressions changed to a disgusted one.

"God don't mention her or the family. It makes my blood boil." She said with pure irritation. "I'm gonna drag you with me everywhere." She said putting her point.

"I expect nothing less from you," I said genuinely nodding at her. "What about preparations?" I asked, further.

"Ah, I'm going mad, Zee." Ali said shaking her head, "Ahil's family is sweet as always making me feel comfortable but man I don't know."

"How did they agree to follow our rituals?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

As Ahil and Ali are from different religions so it came out as a surprise for me that the wedding is going to follow one. I expected them to wed in both ways.

"As I said they are super sweet and they don't mind the way. They just want us to get married that's all. But I guess we will wed by their rituals as well later on. Just a small event with close family." She said with a shrug.

"That's cool," I said shaking my head a bit.

Alizeh's got a call from Ahil's mom as we were discussing the ceremonies. She left right away gesturing me in some alien language. I just nodded at her even when I didn't understand a thing.

She ran inside the house. I let out a sigh as I looked ahead at nothing.

*************

I dialed Parth's number as the rings went on. He picked up in no time and I was thankful for it.

"Guess what?" I just started considering he has saved my number. And I was right as well as I heard him chuckle.

"You are in India?" He said.

"Yup. Just got here in the morning." I said through a smile.

"And thanks for being safe and sound." I continued making him chuckle further. It felt good to hear him like this.

"Well, thanks to you." He said. I let out a laugh hearing him.

"So when should I come?" I asked right away being impatient as always.

"You can come tomorrow?" He said with a little reluctance.

"Tomorrow?" I asked with a frown.

"You just landed. Take some rest. Why are you so over-enthusiastic?" He said making my frown deeper.

"I'm just worried about you," I said genuinely. Parth chuckled a bit.

"Don't worry. I'm all good." He said.

"I can't. Until I meet you." I said letting out a sigh. "Rupath and Renee are coming over tomorrow anyway. You people just worry for no reason." He said further.

"I heard everything from Renee. Well, indirectly." I said shaking my head. Parth didn't say anything so I just continued. "She was crying, Parth. I don't think that's just for nothing." I said and waited for him to say something.

"Yes fine. I agree I was just reckless and couldn't think straight. I am sorry for making everyone worry for me." He said as his voice changed. He was sounding anxious like he would break any moment. I felt the worry building inside me.

"That's okay. I'm glad you're fine now." I said in a low voice. "So I will come tomorrow then," I said again. Parth didn't say anything at all as the moments passed. I kept the phone closer to my ear as I waited to give him his time to recover and get his shit together.

"Look, Zivah, I'm sorry. It's just I don't want to talk about the same thing two times." He said.

"I'm already feeling like shit and it just doesn't help." He said again and I could hear his voice breaking with each word he spoke.

"You need to let it out, Parth," I said making him understand.

"I'm going to but I can't speak the same thing twice. It's tough just for one time." He said as he sniffed. It broke my heart listening to him like that.

"I understand," I said.

"You can come over if you want to. My doors are always open for you." He said further.

"That's fine. I won't disturb you for today." I said shaking my head. I don't want to make things harder for him and forcing him is out of the question so it's better to listen to him at the moment.

At least he is trying to open up and get the help we are offering. That's quite enough.

"Thanks for understanding." He said sounding genuine.

"Always," I said with a smile.

"Laksh must be there with you right?" I asked being reluctant. I anxiously waited for his words praying in my head for everything to be alright.

"He comes in between but yes I guess I made him worry a little more." He said as he let out a chuckle. That was a sad one.

"Of course you did," I said lowering my voice.

"I felt relieved though that everything is fine with you two," I said genuinely. "I'm not exactly sure." I heard Parth let out a sad laugh at the end. I didn't say anything and sat there with sadness getting over me.

Why is this happening? Just why can't they be happy as well?

"Anyway, I will talk to you tomorrow. About everything." He said further.

"Okay, take care," I said with concern.

"Yes, bye." He said.

"Bye," I said cutting the call. I let out a frustrated sigh but knowing what to do.

Everything just seems to be drifting apart. Nothing is going right. I just feel like running away from everything but I can't. I have to face it and make some efforts to get things right.

I can't do anything about me and Ved as I guess I have already missed that chance but I can help Parth and can make sure to get things right at least for him. I haven't even talked with Laksh yet.

I need to understand what happened in these two years that made everything this worst. All this is so messed up. What made these boys who were like brothers drift apart.

What made Ved drift away from Rupath, who was his only family.

I guess as Rupath and Renee will be there as well tomorrow, then I will get the answers to all of my questions.

I made my way inside the house to see the house full already. I smiled at Chachu and Chachi who came towards me with their big smiles and engulfed me in a warm hug. They enquired about everything happening in New York and congratulated me on my first ever victory. I felt self-conscious as I'm exactly not used to the praises and I don't know how to react to them.

I just gave them an awkward smile as they laughed along with Dadu and Dadi.

That rich brat Armaan gave me a nod with his arrogant smile to which I rolled my eyes showing my middle finger to him. He smiled stupidly showing his all teeth making me irritated even more. Alizeh was right. I could have killed him right away but I controlled my emotions when Ali gestured me not to.

His stupid girlfriend, Amelia came to have a conversation with me but I guess I disappointed her big time with my rude and arrogant behavior that she just made her way back to her idiot boyfriend. I'm usually rude to people I don't like and I don't feel bad by even 1%.

I just gave my genuine greetings to Foofa, Vandy's husband who is actually the only sane person in that family. I don't understand how he copes up with Vandy and this Armaan. Foofa was sweet as always asking me about how I have been doing and also mentioning the recent Wilson's deal in front of everyone and how proud he is of me.

I guess I saw Armaan and his mom roll their eyes and I felt anger building inside me. I felt like running towards them and punching them right on the face but I thought why to ruin my mood over stupid people with their pea-sized brains so I just ignored them in no time and focused on important people.

But it sure made me feel prouder of myself. I smiled like crazy gaining a look from Alizeh but I didn't care anyway. I was happy to hear the praises for me for the first time ever. The feeling was new and it was good.

Vandy kept clicking pictures of God knows what saying she wants to put the stories on Instagram about her stay in India. I just don't understand these kinds of people at all. What's to show off so much?

She even offered her plan of shopping again when she got to know that my plan got postponed but Alizeh saved me saying she wants me to be with her when she will meet Ahil's parents for discussing wedding arrangements and I gave her smiley with hearts expressions.

The rest of the day I spent being half sleepy from the lack of sleep because of travel and mostly because of jet lag. I guess I'll at least need some 4-5 days to get used to the Indian time zone.

But I tried my best to give attention and inputs whenever needed. Ali looked truly happy while discussing ceremonies and wedding plans. Talking to Ahil about how she is imagining and planning their wedding. He looked at her with eyes full of love, listening to her giving his full attention. I smiled looking at them.

I don't believe this is the same Ali who used to lost her cool on the topic of marriage. Wedding planners gave her their inputs after hearing her views and she didn't agree on many of the things making things tougher for them.

I'm definitely gonna pray for them as they need it big time. Handling Alizeh is the toughest task in the whole world and there are just three people who can handle her, that's Dadi, Dadu, and Ahil. Yes, even her own parents gave up on handling her long time back and instead gave that authority to Dadi and Dadu happily. So yup, I don't know how these two new people are going to handle her tantrums.

She completely rubbed off their photographers making a disgusted face saying they suck big time. She said she wants them to click their natural pictures in all of the ceremonies and doesn't want to give some cheesy poses.

They agreed but I don't think the photographer dude, who looked clueless, might be capable of reaching Ali's standards. But I didn't say anything at that moment thinking it might defend those people or the photographer dude.

But my Ali just doesn't care at all, so she rejected the photographer right away seeing his work and said she will find one her own. I think I saw those wedding planners and photographer dude let out a sigh of relief but they wiped it right away.

Ahil gave me his worried looks in between and I just kept on laughing at him. I envy Ali that she got the guy as understanding as him.

Seeing them somewhere reminded me of Ved and it actually made me feel somewhat sad thinking I might not be able to find my happily ever after.

It weighs down on my heart but I think I should just accept it as there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. I've done my part and rest is up to the one I'm madly in love with. I doubt my ability to get over him, I'll probably just die single then.

I shook my head letting out a sigh, trying to concentrate on the buzz going on before me. Everyone was on giving in different ideas and thoughts regarding the wedding theme, preparation, and whatnot. I tried to be of some help by giving in some inputs now and then. Deep down I was dying for this to come to an end so I can go home and just eat and sleep. But I guess Ali will take forever to decide and finalize things.

My mind wandered off to my meeting with Parth tomorrow. I was anxious about it. But it's good that Renee and Rupath and the rest of the gang will be there. I hope I'll be of some help to Parth and things will be fine in the end, whatever that is.

_________________________________

✨Author's Note✨

So that was all for now. Let us know what you feel about this one.

VOTE by pressing ⭐

Zivah will be back with another update soon.

Till then, Bye.

Loads of love.❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 11.7K 68
"Look what I have become in your love! Every time you are around me it makes me go crazy ! I can't even think of a future that you won't be a part of...
549K 35.2K 100
5 ACE SERIES [ SECOND BOOK ] **** Have you ever thought about how far one would go for love? Curious to know then read further ---- **** She was tra...
10.6K 751 35
My feet stopped in the corridor suddenly when those brown dark eyes met mine. I blinked my eyes rapidly and looked away. Anywhere and everywhere but...
24.2K 2.3K 42
He was a very cruel man before he met her. The ruthless, the devil, etc were his other names. But he was not like this in his past. His fate made him...