An Unexpected Vow (on going-s...

By death_angel00

Love. it's strange, weird, inexplicable. If love could bring the best in a person, then love could bring the... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Note
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine

Chapter Six

2.7K 218 72
By death_angel00

Hola Angels, 

I get huge response on my new story 'THE KILLER'. And i am really grateful to you all. Honestly, I was really shocked at first. It was a new concept. And I am glad that you all are opening to the new concept. THE KILLER has no romanticism.. no love.. nothing but pure thriller with steamy scenes. Many of you might expected that it would be love story. but NO.. it isn't. And I am also thrilled to write the story. And when i designed the outline of the story, I was amazed with the brutality. i mean i never published a story like that. Though i have a lots of idea, so i just wanted to try one of my ideas on MaNan to see if i can do that or not. 

An experiment. and i find it really enticing. 

Now lets talk about this story AUV.  Are you all liking the story? Satisfied? I mean i am kind of. Because from where i started was a big risk for me. AUF>>AUV. I did lot of mistakes in AUF___in grammar, in sentence and the spelling. yeah. Because it was just a... i don't know what was that. But i always love writing. I write poem mainly. But AUF was my first attempt to write a story. So starting from zero to 10 is a good thing. 

Okay.. no more rambling. Enjoy and the story is not edited. (Sorry for any grammatical and spelling mistakes. ) 

=================================================

Chapter Six

Manik

Two months later.

I didn't mind a good business deal— weapons, threats were my thing to live. What I hated most was betrayal. And I f*cking could sense that each one of this board members were waiting to set the fire against me, and honestly my soul also had been burning for hours to set the fire. I wanted to pound my fist non-stop against anything, it would be better if that changed into their faces.

The insanely intense talk about business today making me sick, but I had to attend, faced them so they could get the message clear in their head that I was no longer going to tolerate their breach of trust towards me. I was the one, I am the one and I will be the one who will hold the chair of the head of the Mafia. Always.

I was here to set the rules clear, closed the case for ever.

"I heard a rumor. And I hope it was a rumor."

I sounded cold and rigid, couldn't show any distrust when I was sharing a room with dangerous men.

Rule number one, never think less of your challenger. You never know when the table turns around.

"What if it isn't, Manik?"

I raised my eyebrow at the man's audacity, questioning silently if he had a death wish or not. I smiled wickedly. "Then I have to kill you. If there is no loyalty, then there is no reason to live." His face turned pale. Good. Fear is the thing I always I liked on their faces. Their fear indicated that they didn't forget the unmerciful favor I did to traitors.

I had no limitation. And I never showed mercy.

I would kill them without second thought.

"You become intolerable, Manik. And this wasn't a rumor." An old man stood up daringly and said the things I hated. I forced myself to breath, before I punched the old man. Aryaman came and held the man against wall.

"Bloody hell!" Dhruv snapped. "If you dared to utter one more word, I will kill you." No matter what the caused for our indifference, Dhruv wouldn't ever betray me.

Just because I permitted them to rule as under-boss, didn't mean that they were to assize me as well. I was above them. Everything belonged to me. I ruled. I would rule. No less than that.

"But truth is truth, Mr. Vedant. It's the tradition. If Manik wants to hold the chair, then he has to get married. Or else--,"

My fist slammed over his face twice, then straighten him up to my eye level. "My marriage is not your concern, and I won't definitely get married to satisfy you. But yes I will get married eventually."

"We need that assertion to hold our unity. I wasn't against you, Manik. But we also can't ignore the tradition. If I don't make it clear then someone else will, and that wouldn't be nice. We can't let other gang to see the weakest point just so they can turn the table against us." It was well defined explanation, and I know he is right. I didn't utter another word, but didn't forget to glare back at his intrepidity. I was well known of the situation, and I was ready to settle. But the incident took away all the things I had planned. And it wasn't like I decided to get married for tradition, but love.

And now I have no choice but to fulfill the tradition, but love wouldn't be there. Love faded the moment she thought I wasn't enough to trust. She never trust you, Manik. So why cared? Just get married and fulfill the duty. And with that she wouldn't dare to take away your son.

"I will set the date."

"But you need a girl." A man said.

"That is not your concern. You all just have to attend." With that I end the meeting, not interested to discuss my marriage with them.

What they think of me? Idiot? I watched them go, though I could tell they weren't satisfied with my answers. They wanted the name, and that would be last thing I would do. Well that was my last moment decision. Marriage wasn't in my plan now, but that would do for now.

"Manik, are you out of your mind?" I looked at Cabir who was looking furious at my decision. I stretched my arms and settled down on the couch.

"Do I look like one?" I smirked at the thought of Nandini being my wife, not bad.

I could have stopped them, but my son needed a family who supported him in every way, and I would be the one to provide him all the things that needed for him. And even Nandini wouldn't be able to stop me. "I know what I said, and I am cleared on my plan. This won't be a fancy wedding, just a court marriage, and a reception for my wife and my son, Sahanj Malhotra. Reception has to be a grand one that no one could ever forget. Note that in your head." I already talked with Nandini about that, and she agreed before I came to this meeting.

Well, it wasn't easy, but I managed her.

I smiled.

"Fixed a date for next week." I ordered. Cabir and others nodded their head in unison.

They left me alone with my thoughts. I know I don't have to worry about arrangements, because Cabir and Dhruv will take care of it. If I wanted power then, it was necessary. And also didn't forget that I have a son now, who needs me and my protection.

And Nandini?

Absently my mind asked me. What about her? If my son is protected then she will be too. Don't be fussy about her. She is just a mother of my child. Don't try to find extra anything here. I discarded the thought, not going anywhere, so I didn't feel like to drag it further. Waste of time.

Don't deny. You find it sexy when she defied you. Because the old Nandini wouldn't dare to do that. She changed a lot. And you find it sexy and enticing. Admit it, Manik. F*cking admit that you want to possess her more than you ever wanted anything.

I cursed. F*ck, me and my mind has different way to play, and that was not what I liked. I fancied to be in one way, not distracted, and Nandini continuously crushing my thoughts. The more I sounded restricted, the more she breaking my panel out of nowhere. She is holding too much, and I can't able to agree to that. In this last few months, I mastered to control my feelings, and wouldn't let it down for anyone. If that means I have to be the old Manik to her. Because only that way she can despise me.

I sighed. If that is what I wanted. Because I know the moment I will see her, all the barriers I had put for myself would be gone in vain. I want her.

Finally, you admit, Manik.

Shut up!

*###*

Nandini

I am continuously looking at the monitor to see if Sahanj woke up or not, it was become a habit now, every single second my eyes drifted to the monitor while I preparing food for him. If anyone asked me now that love at first sight is possible or not? Then I would say yes. And I feel it the moment I looked at Sahanj. I fell in love with him at first sight.

Mother's love can't be describable. It's unconditional.

"Nandini, Prepare the food first."

Looking at Ayesha, I smiled sheepishly. Like a child caught after stealing a candy. "I can't help it."

"I can tell. You go, I will bring the food." I generously smiled at her then moved upstairs.

Ayesha was a great help for the last two months, Aliya, Nyonika mam and others came but she stayed. And even Manik was also a great help. I didn't think he would be a loving father, but seeing him with his son changed my opinion. And for a moment I was glad that Manik found us. Or else Sahanj would miss the love of his father, and his family.

We had our differences, but for Sahanj we are one. No matter what, I would never do anything to hurt my son, if that means--- marrying the monster.

I carried my son, tighten my arms around him, watching him affectionately. He has his eyes. Same demeanor. Nyonika, Manik's mother stated that Sahanj was the replica of Manik. I was kind of sad, so every day I tried to find similarities between him and me, but nothing. He indeed his father's replica, even he got Manik's temperament.

Like father like son.

Now I know why they said this line towards their children. I had him in for almost 10 months, I gave birth to him, and what I got? Nandini, don't be ridiculous. You are happy that he is like his father.

Aaghh!

I straighten my posture as I heard the knock. "Come in, Ayesha." I rocked my bay, and he smiled beautifully at me. "Oh my handsome boy!" I showered his face with kisses.

"Beautiful!" I didn't bother to look as I thought it would be Ayesha, but Manik's voice startled me.

I stood up immediately.

He observed me fiercely, eyes narrowed, jaw flexing angrily, probably thinking how to lower me down. Now a days it was his favorite game, humiliate me, torture me with house chores and whatever he wanted me to do, but did maintain his distance carefully. It was not like he didn't pass rude or awful comments at me. Because he did.

I really couldn't get him sometimes, but I was not going to fall for his tactics this time. I would defy him in every step. I looked at him exact same look he was giving me, and his eyes raised scornfully, delightfulness was clear in his vision, like mocking me at my stupidity.

"Why are you here?" I asked coldly.

"My house. My room. You tell why I shouldn't be here?" he stepped closer, blocking my path so I couldn't escape.

His audacity had no boundaries, holding up my one hand slightly, and warning not to come closer. "Listen, I know it's your mansion, and your room. But Now I live in this room, and practically it's not your bedroom. So---,"

"So nothing. I can go wherever I want, and I can do whatever I want. Ms. Murthy, you don't tell me what I can do or not. Understand?" Leaning forward to my eye level to match my height. I groaned in anger silently. You Monster!

"Yes."

"Good." He nodded his head approvingly, as he straighten his posture and crossed his arms over his chest. "Now let me tell you why I am here."

My heart skipped miles seeing his aloofness, responding to him. And I hated that. I tried to control my emotions, couldn't let him see me so engaged to him, like I wanted to jump on him. "Okay. What is the matter?" I respond coldly, sitting on the edge of the bed as I rocking my son slightly.

Manik took a sit next to the couch and started. "As we discussed our arrangement before, so I wanted to inform you that we will be get married next week. No tradition, just a court marriage. Lawyer would be here."

"Next week?" My body collapsed, but I knew him better so I just nodded my head silently.

Satisfying with my response he begun again. "I don't want any mistake. So I would like you to prepare for that. No last minute impulsive decision of yours can cancel the marriage." He observed me for any defiance. But I didn't, because I knew it was not for me but for Sahanj. "I would send Aliya to help you with the arrangements that I prepared. You only have to follow." With that he stood up and left me in shocked.

"Next week!"

I exhaled slowly. I am finished.

==========================

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. 

Let me know what you think of this chapter.  and let discuss the characters of AUV__Manik, Nandini, Cabir, Dhruv and other characters as well. I do love my supportive characters too, i just can't left them alone. Hope in this story you can see the glimpse of their inside. i love writing for MaNan, as i love writing about other characters life too. each one of them are important to me. 

Please let me know your opinion. Constructive Criticism is allowed but no bashing or rude words. 

And as for my slow update... i am really busy with my LIFE. Because i have to rebuild my self and my career, my environment from ZERO again. Start from beginning is not easy. so i am mostly focused on my career right now. I lost two years, but not anymore. I will update once in a month. But if i have time and can arrange my time properly i will surely update more in a month. Hopefully you will support me. 

You all are welcome to talk with me. I am a good listener. But no rude comments. 

Thank You.

Love,

_D. A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 17.7K 40
Manik Malhotra invested each second of his life making money as for him it was the key to dominance and power...a man with a brain bit no emotions! N...
358K 26.5K 32
Mrs. Nandini Deshpande had a perfect life-a loving and caring husband and a family, who she wasn't directly related to, but who cared for her like th...
121K 12.7K 47
As the right hand man and brother of the Capo of the most dangerous mafia gang, Manik Malhotra lacks feelings and emotions until his brother asks hi...
847K 63K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...