The Shades of Dragons: Onyx (...

Por RubyRedSun

The old farm was quiet as it stood proudly in the light from the morning sun and the only thing you could hea... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Autor's note
Chapter 7

Chapter 4

403 23 8
Por RubyRedSun

Beron ---------->

I groaned out in annoyance as I could feel myself starting to wake up. Not wanting to go up just yet I rolled over on my side so that I could press my face against my pillow. Only there wasn’t any pillow under my head. With a jerk I was sitting up and as I opened my eyes I found myself in complete darkness. I could feel my heart starting to pick up its pace until it was beating rapidly in my chest. My small hands were shaking from fright and my breathing came out in uneven breaths that did nothing to stop the racing heart inside of me. I knew that I had to get myself together so that I could fully wake up but my mind wouldn’t let me. It just kept racing from one thing to another and it wasn’t until something stirred against my lap and let out a low whine that I let a scream tore out of my throat.

I could hear someone let out a cuss before I suddenly was hit with the bright light from the sun. Flinching back I moved my hand up to cover my eyes from all the brightness. I could feel someone shaking me and I could faintly hear a low growl coming from my lap. “Vakna!” My eyes suddenly snapped open and I could feel all the memories from last night come back to me as the tiredness disappeared. I immediately stopped moving and looked up to see Eragon kneeling in front of me a foot away. I frowned my eyebrows in confusion but laughed slightly as he pointed to the dragon in my lap. I sent relaxing though through or bond and lifted the dragon up so that I could hug it closely to my chest. The black dragon, which had grown since yesterday, immediately stopped growling at Eragon and relaxed it’s head under my chin as Saphira’s large body relaxed around me. “I am sorry Eragon. I panicked before I fully had woken up.” I explained, blushing in shame as I looked down at the ground to avoid eye contact. My dragon pressed it snout against my cheek with a little whine and I smiled at the gesture. “There is no need to be ashamed little girl.” Eragon’s voice was soft and filled reassurance that made me look up from my dragon and into his brown eyes.  I snorted out at his words but looked up to smile at him anyways. “Where are we?” I asked after a few awkward moments of silence. Eragon seemed to snap out of whatever thought he was in and a genuine smile formed on his lips. I smiled back at him and leaned backwards to rest my back on one of Saphira’s muscular and massive legs. “We’re just outside of Du Weldenvarden.” My eyes widened in shock but I nodded as it occurred to me that I actually was reasonable since we flew out from Carvahall instead of walking or horse riding. As if reading my thoughts Eragon chuckled lightly and stood up on his feet, stretching out his back and sighed out as it gave out a crack in protest.

The nice silence surrounding us was interrupted by the loud growl of my stomach. My face turned bright scarlet as Eragon laughed slightly but motioned for me to get up. Doing as he said, with my dragon still comfortable in my arms, I walked up to him. He held out a piece of bread to me and I quickly took it, sending him a grateful smile before walking back to the leather bad resting beside my sleeping spot. “How are you feeling?” Eragon asked, making me look up from the juicy and very flavored piece of breath I was currently eating with a content smile on my lips. I though through his question before answering him, wanting to be truthful with him. “I feel drained but more relaxed than I have been in years.” Was my answer to his question and I could see his brown eyes soften ever so slightly, making my tense shoulders shag with relief.

Half way through my bread Saphira stood up from her resting place, hovering above us like the tallest tree. I tilted by head back and bit down on my lip as she crouched down as if ready to take off. I pressed my dragon’s face into my chest and closed my eyes tightly as Saphira flapped her powerful wings and flew up towards the woods behind us. My dragon squealed against me after a few seconds of covering him from the flying dust around us and I reluctantly released the grip I had on him so that he could trot out of my lap and walk around the camp. My brown eyes followed the hatchling as it flapped its surprisingly large wings and my mouth opened as he lifted off the ground after a few tries. I looked over at Eragon with panic filled eyes before I stood up, ready to catch the little guy before it flew away. A hand stopped me as it wrapped around my wrist. I snatched my hand out of his grip and nibbled on my bottom lip as the black dragon started to fly around us, heading further and further away for each time he circled us.

The black dragon sensed the worry coming off of me in waves and the shining gold eyes connected with my own. The dragon sends an image through our bond, a picture that took my breath away. 

The image was a clear as day as it flashed in front of my eyes. Closing my eyelids I took it all in. The healthy green grass, shining in the strays from the rising sun, lead through a group of trees. The trees were slim and tall as they reached up towards the sky with branches covered in different shades of green leafs that shimmered from the morning sun. The trees or the grass wasn't what had gotten the attention of my dragon, or me. It was the clear blue lake peaking through between the tree trunks. The lake was unlike any other I had ever laid eyes on and the surface reflected the sun's strays as well as its surroundings I felt the grief of leaving my family behind ease away and being replaced my pure joy.  The laughter that escaped me was full of happiness and as I opened my eyes I saw my dragon flying back toward me. I ran toward it and opened my arms just as the dragon collided with me. Miscalculating the force the black hatchling would have, I flew back from the sheer force of the collision I landed on my back with my black dragon wrapped securely in my arms. The air was whooshed out of my lungs as I landed on the ground and less then a second afterwards Eragon was kneeling beside me and tried to pry my arms off of the little dragon. I didn't want to let it go though; I wanted him or her to be in my arms because that's were I felt safe. But Eragon managed to loosen my grip enough so that he could lift up the dragon and taking a firm grip around its upper body. The hatchling let out a squeal of discomfort and it took everything I had to not snatch it out of Eragon’s firm grip.

I did jump up on my feet as the black dragon cried out. On my feet I glared at Eragon as he tightened the grip around my dragon, his arm keeping the wings pressed against the black-scaled body. “Eragon!” I cried out, feeling pain filling my mind and tears form in my eyes. The old rider released his tight grip and my dragon hastily flew over to my over arms. I wrapped my arms around the black dragon and pressed my face into it’s scales as a few tears rolled down my cheeks. The powerful man sighed out and I forced myself to stand still as he gently placed his hand on my shoulder. “I am sorry Jennifer. But your dragon needs to learn how to control itself.” His voice was gentle but filled with suppressed power and I clenched my eyes close tightly, not wanting to see his face. I knew my eyes were burning with anger. How dare he say that? He was once a young new rider, and now when he’s the most powerful dragon rider and the oldest one at that, he seemed to have forgotten how it was.

“My dragon, Eragon, is newly hatched.” I hissed out, looking up with my brown eyes flaring with anger as I looked up at him. He looked at me with his brown eyes slightly widened before they softened. He gave me a faint nod and backed away to his backpack lying beside his dark brown cloak. My eyes stayed trailed on him as I too made my way back to my bag. My dragon purred against my chest and sent images of Saphira flying away along with a feeling of want. My eyes widened slightly in shock before I realized that it was want for flying, and not for the large dragon. Well seated on the rough ground I released the grip on my dragon, watching as it curled up into a ball in my lap as it’s black tail flickered from one side to the other with it’s gold eyes taking in it’s surroundings. With my attention entirely on my dragon I closed my eyes and let my dragon’s thoughts, filled with images and feelings, wash over me. “I wonder what gender you are.” I though, my voice slipping through our dragon rider bond. My dragon’s thoughts went back to me, filling my mind with images of me, sitting in front of it with my eyes widened in shock and happiness. At first I was confused, I couldn’t remember the moment my dragon was playing out for me. But as I watch my hand coming closer to my dragon’s head I suddenly realized that this was my dragon’s first memory and tears of happiness filled up my closed eyes. I was brought out of our share thoughts as the thundering sound of flapping wings reached my ears and I pulled back slowly, opening my eyes as I felt I was fully in control of my own thoughts and stood up.

I could feel a smile form on my lips and gratitude fill my body as Saphira landed on the ground with a deer in one of her large paws. My dragon let out a noise mixed between a cry of joy and a growl. Looking over at Eragon he was standing beside the huge dragon’s head with one of his hands pressed against her snort. As if feeling my eyes on him he turned towards me, smiling at me and motioned with his left hand towards the deer lying on the ground a few feet away from me. I raised my eyebrow at him and he just nodded once towards my dragon, making me grin at my own stupidity. I formed my lips to say thank you without gaining the attention of the two dragons.

I could feel myself relax again as I made my way towards Eragon. My mind was clear and filled with happiness as I kept my brown eyes on the black dragon as it stood by the dead deer with it’s shining white teeth biting into the raw flesh and meat. The hunger I felt in the back of my head eased away with every bite my dragon took and I leaned my head against Eragon’s arm and let out a low giggle. My dragon is the cutest.

I am more handsome than cute.” I literally stopped breathing as the gruff voice entered my mind and my eyes widened in shock. From the corner of my eye I could see Eragon draw his blue sword and turn towards me with wide eyes but I paid him no mind. My full attention was on the black dragon that was now sitting in front of me with it’s gold eyes locked with my own brown once, waiting patiently for me to gather my thoughts.

“Oh my god.” I whispered under my breath when I finally snapped out of my whirlwind of thoughts. A huge grin formed on my lips and a squeal of excitement and happiness filled the now quiet air. I shook Eragon’s hand off of my shoulder and dashed forward so that I could kneel down at wrap my arms around my dragon. My dragon had just spoken to me. My black dragon is a male dragon.

I giggled out as he pressed his snort into my neck, his warm breath tickling my skin. I ignored it in favor of pressing a kiss on the top of his head. He snapped his black tail at the ground and I eased my grip around him so that I could look into the gold eyes that had giving me the sense of really belonging. “You are handsome And cute.” I said through our shared thoughts, making him snort out at me with his eyes twinkling with mischievousness. I poked my tongue out at him before standing up, leaving him standing on the ground beside me. Looking down I could see that his head reached just above my knees. “I need to name my dragon.” I stated to Eragon as I let my dragon go back to his breakfast as I bounced on feet in happiness. Eragon looked over at Saphira and they shared a long look and probably a few exchanged words before he turned and nodded at me with a slight smile on his lips. “Is your dragon male, or female?” Eragon asked me and I grinned at him. Clenching my hands into fists to keep myself from clapping my palms together in joy.

My brown hair was flowing in the wind as I shook my head and let my thoughts travel back to the gruff and deep voice of my dragon. I looked over at the black frame, tilting my head to the side as I studied the trail of gold on his wings before I turned back to Eragon with the grin still placed on my lips. “He’s a male dragon.”

-------------------------------------------------------------.-----------------------------------------------------------

Here's chapter 4! I hope you like it and if you did please leave a comment and/ or a vote! 

Love RubyRed

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

17K 403 31
This is the ending of the chapter ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• -I Will ask you some questions, can you answer them? *Nods* -Okay...
75 2 6
//WARNING!! THIS STORY CONTAINS VIOLENCE!! PLEASE MOVE ON IF YOU DISLIKE VIOLENCE!! THANK YOU!!// SPOILER ALERT: there are spoilers for Sky: childre...
399K 9.8K 51
[COMPLETED] #Ranks : #14 on 30/11/18 (category : Ex) #17 on 29/6/19 ( category : adultromance) #57 on 29/6/19 ( category: Suspense) Excerpt : "I can...
23 0 2
(This story is a fantasy that there's a old and new generations happen in the other world like in the Tiger Land) KAYE TIGRA THE BEGINNING -In first...