Only A Kiss - boyxboy

By jjwebb

It was only a kiss - bit of summer fun. That was all. Holiday friendships dont often last so why bother learn... More

A/N
Chapter 1 - It all starts here
Chapter 2 - One more day
Chapter 3 - The meeting of two minds
Chapter 4 - Let the fun begin
Chapter 5 - Another day in paradise
Chapter 6 - Learning something new
Chapter 7 - What now?
Chapter 8 - The end is nigh
Chapter 9 - Party time
Chapter 11 - A new day has come
Chapter 12 - Meeting the boss
Chapter 13 - Getting to know you
Chapter 14 - All about you
Chapter 15 - Theres something about you
Chapter 16 - Surprise
Chapter 17 - How you really feel
Chapter 18 - We found love
Chapter 19 - In a hopeless place
Chapter 20 - The funeral
Chapter 21 - The other side of the story
Chapter 22 - The return
Chapter 23 - The end
Chapter 24 - Epilogue

Chapter 10 - The last day

6.3K 283 11
By jjwebb

A kiss. Only a kiss. That was all it was. I was tipsy and never had a kiss before so that must be why I liked it. Maybe you felt like this with every kiss but the special one with someone you love was even better. Not that that felt possible at the moment.

I spent all weekend going through the week in my mind, re-enterpreting everything between me and Star. Did I give off the wrong signals, did I feel anything I hadn't realised at the time, did anything mean more than it should have to me? The list went on.

Needless to say, I couldn't speak to him after that. I ran for ages and made my way back to everyone a little while after the parents arrived. When they did, I stuck like them to glue and avoided conversation with Star whenever I could. He was doing the same so it wasn't hard.

He tried coming over on the saturday but I told my mom I wasn't feeling well and she sent him away. He had left his contact details with her to pass on but I threw them straight in the bin. I didn't want to speak to him again. I had gone through all the stages of grief it seemed. Anger started the minute I got the note. I had been in denial until then, like at the beach, and had felt the loss of the friendship which was why I shut myself away.

I was currently at the bargaining stage, trying to rationalise all of this. Could I pretend the kiss never happened, or his emotional outburst afterwards, and still be his friend? Could I not be gay if I never spoke to him again? So many questions.

I was not looking forward to the depression stage, but I was curious to see what my acceptance would be. I wanted it all over and done with. Am I gay, or just confused? I was definately confused now. I am hoping the acceptance has a friendship ending but I chucked the details away. I could always go over and ask but I am not ready to see or speak to him.

I was on the plane when depression hit me. I realised the mistake I had made of not speaking to him and sorting out what was going on. Yes, I still did not know how I felt, but talking it through may have helped. He said him being gay was a recent discovery (no thanks to me I guess), so maybe we could have worked on it together. Realisation that I would never see him again or ever be able to solve this set in.

I walked around like a zombie the rest of summer, and a little when I went back to school. But as time went on, I realised nothing could be done and slowly began to accept the situation I was in. I didn't fancy any of the guys in school, I was certain. None of the girls stuck out to me either, but I gave relationships a try anyway. I seemed to prefer them at any rate so I probably wasn't gay.

I think I had just been grieving for the loss of a wonderful friendship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

635K 35.8K 56
Its journey of two opposite personalities. Will they fall in love or become enemies... Let's see.... *I don't own any characters. This story is pure...
222K 5.6K 12
[THIS IS A SAMPLE] Read the full story on Radish fiction. The link is in my Wattpad Bio. ---- Johnathan has always been helplessly in love with Wayne...
69.8K 1.6K 25
(BoyXBoy) Death has a strange way of working. While it takes away someone you love it can bring you closer to someone you never thought you would get...
24.5K 780 29
All during Christians high school years he was bullied by Chase. The strange thing was; was that Christian loved Chase. Christian heard of Chase's ho...