SURROGATE : Conception (+18)...

By alexandriaASHE

He licked his lips, his focus on the confection. "I want a bite." She smirked. "You can make your own." He lo... More

| 1 | Never To Consider ||
| 2 | Inquiring Minds ||
| 3 | Beggars Can Be Choosers ||
| 4 | Reconsideration ||
| 6 | Just Keep Swimming ||
| 7 | Marshmallows & Poolside Chats ||
| 8 | Let's Pretend Make Believe ||
| 9 | Impossible Position ||
| 10 | Avoidance Only Lasts So Long ||
| 11 | Punching the Damn Clock ||
| 12 | The Author of Confusion ||
| 13 | Weakened Limbs ||
| 14 | Better in the Morning ||
| 15 | There Was A Line Somewhere ||
| 16 | Persuasion ||
| 17 | Obliged If You Did ||
| 18 | Enjoy the Process ||
| 19 | The Need of Another ||
| 20 | A Second Opinion ||
| 21 | Cusp of the Vortex ||
| 22 | Enter the Vortex ||
| 23 | The Land of Nod ||
| 24 | The Land of Their Making ||
| 25 | The Land of Fondle & Fun ||
| 26| The Land of Sweet Surrender ||
| 27 | The Land of Water & Oasis ||
| 28 | The Land of Fire's Origin ||
| 29 | The Land of Meat & Marshmallows ||
| 30 | The Land of Unforeseen Circumstances ||
| 31 | The Land Parallel To This One ||
| 32 | The Land of No Return ||
| 33 | The Land of Sensual Seduction ||
| 34 | The Land of Cascading Waterfalls ||
| 35 | The Land of Pain That We Share ||
| 36 | The Land of Chit Chat ||
| 37 | The Land of Dignity & Duty ||
| 38 | The Land To Return To ||
| 39 | The Land of Plans Before Away ||
| 40 | The Land Where Sharing Is Caring ||
| 41 | The Land of Artistic Mischief ||
| 42 | The Land of Artistic Temptation ||
| 43 | The Land of Air & Determination ||
| 44 | The Land of Productivity ||
| 45 | The Land Where Warriors Rest ||
| 46 | The Land Where Time Stands Still ||
| 47 | The Land of Vanishing Lines ||
| 48 | Exit the Vortex ||
| 49| Not At All ||
| 50 | Releasing the High ||
| 51 | Thwack ||
| 52 | In The Meantime ||
| 53 | Somehow Transformed ||
| 54 | Pumpkins & Glass Slippers ||
| 55 | A Dance With Prince Charming ||
| 56 | Bippity Boppity Boo ||
| 57 | Give Me S'More ||
| 58 | Downside Up ||
| 59 | A New Reality ||

| 5 | Meet The Rogans ||

25.1K 1.1K 302
By alexandriaASHE

 How was it possible that all the things she cared about could fit in the trunk of a car? She looked out the window as the black sedan made its way up the coastal hills and valleys. The Rogans lived just north of Malibu on the ocean. She exhaled and looked down at the signed contract on her lap.

It was all so strange the series of events that had her heading in this direction. They'd pay for her rent for a month while they decided if the agreement was going to continue forward. After that, her furniture would be put in storage paid of course by the Rogans. They'd also pay to break her lease at the end of the month.

She looked at the figure on the paper again. She'd never seen that much money in her life at one time. She couldn't believe how much Nancy was able to get them for the two items she wanted to negotiate on. Fifty thousand was a beggars portion.

The driver pulled into a long driveway that ramped up to a multi-car garage off to the side and a contemporary three story white mansion adjacent. When she got out of the car she heard the ocean and seagulls calling in the distance. The air smelled different, smelled like salt water, but fresh and it was cooler there but not cold.

"Don't even worry about the bags. Leni will get them."

Penelope frowned over her shoulder and saw who had to be Mrs. Rogan dressed in a pretty tailored nineteen fifties style dress that was a pretty power blue and white shoes on her feet. Her fiery red hair was pulled part way up and the back down falling around her freckled shoulders.

Penelope abandoned the suitcase in her hands with hesitation as the driver took it from her.

Mrs. Rogan shielded her eyes with one hand. "Come on in. It'll be fine. He'll handle it."

Penelope tucked her purse under her arm and straightened up before she started toward the bright smiley woman. She ascended the couple steps to the front getting an up close view of the woman she'd be spending the next year or two in close quarters with.

"Oh my God." The woman said, taking Penelope's offered hand. "You are so beautiful in person." She let out a trilling giggle and placed her other hand over Penelope's. "Come. Come inside."

The entry foyer led into a spacious living space that was connected to the kitchen and dining area. All of it was overlooking a large pool area outside and--

Penelope found herself against the glass before she even knew she'd drifted there.

The ocean.

The waves lapped against the shore turning from rolling blue to white when it hit the sand.

"Liam. Glad you got off your call early. I have to leave soon."

Penelope frowned, turning to face the couple. She bit her bottom lip when she laid eyes upon the well-dressed man. He was wearing loose fitting white pants and a cream colored shirt that was unbuttoned a few at the top. Those bright blue eyes gazed at her in a casual manner.

"Your home is beautiful. I think I'm going to spend a lot of time by that pool."

The woman laughed. "At least some one will get some use out of it."

"What are you talking about Frida? I use it all the time."

The woman rolled her eyes. "All of the five minutes that you're here. Look, I don't have time to go back and forth with you. I'm leaving to go to brunch with Jasmine and Grace."

"Today?"

"Every Sunday."

"I thought you would cancel today."

She frowned. "Why would I do that?"

He made a confused face down at his wife. "You were well aware of Penelope's arrival."

"Yes, but that's why you're here. I'm going to show her where she'll be staying and go over some other details before I go and you can give her the grand tour once she settles in a little bit."

The man shoved his hands in his pockets. "I see you've thought all this out."

"Of course. If I didn't then who would." She turned her fiery attention to Penelope. "Come now. I'll show you upstairs. Just as a general rule of thumb we want this to feel like home because, well it will be for a while now." She presented a beaming smile. As they ascended the stairs, she shared tidbits here and there about the house and other stuff. Penelope's mind was overwhelmed by the luxury of the space. She never understood why houses like theirs had so many bathrooms, but after walking through a portion of the mansion she realized you needed one close by because you might not make it if you had to traverse the entire home to get to one.

They ended up back in the kitchen as Frida collected her items to leave. "The contract is sitting on the counter everything as we discussed already. Look it over and sign it when you have some time. Your items are already in your room. Did you need me to take you up there?"

"That won't be necessary. I remember straight up the stairs room at the far end of the hall."

Frida smiled and leaned in to plant a cheek kiss on the side of Penelope's face. "We're so happy you're here. If you need anything, Liam will most likely be in his office."

"Of course, thank you."

And the woman was off closing the door soundly behind her.

Penelope took a deep breath looking around at everything.

Home, huh? She thought. Well, why did she feel like a squatter then? She put the groceries she brought in the refrigerator before she ventured up to the room she was to be staying in. She mostly just slid the luggage under the bed and put other items in her very spacious closet despite there being drawers. She didn't want to get settled in too soon. She had to feel all this out first. That, and she didn't feel like unpacking, hell, she just did a lot of packing at her old place.

What she was, was hungry.

She made her way back down stairs and into the kitchen. The corner of her mouth lifted as she looked out at the spectacular view. She understood why they purchased the home. It was incredible to witness such a wonder every single day.

She was moving around the kitchen doing a little recon to see where everything was located. She pulled out pots, bowls and other things that she would need for her meal along the way. The kitchen was whistle clean. She was certain they had help keeping the place because she couldn't see Frida lifting one of her soft manicured fingers to do any of that. The kitchen didn't look used in general. Well, she thought, cracking her knuckles. All that was about to change.

"You, my friend, are about to earn your keep." She said to the granite counter top running her hand along the smooth surface. "Mhm, been spoiled, with this nice view and you ain't done no work, well," she laughed, leaning on the large island. "All that's about to be righted."

She got to work cleaning her chicken thighs and getting the water for her rice going. While the chicken marinaded, she was on to preparing her asparagus and chopping up onions and bell peppers to accompany her chicken. Low and slow she had the thighs in the hot pot cookin' up right and the rice on low while wiping down the counters.

"I could have ordered in. You didn't have to cook."

Penelope looked up from her task when Mr. Rogan's low voice broke through the steady sounds of the kitchen.

She took a deep breath trying not to stare. "Your wife said to make myself at home. Couldn't think of any better way."

The corner of his mouth lifted and his blue eyes seemed to sparkle. She frowned, focusing on the counter. 

This was going to be a problem. A soft voice whispered in the back of her head.

No, it's not. It's business. As long as it stays business no matter what, we'll be just fine. Temporary, this too shall pass--

"Smells good. What are you making?" He perched on a bar stool on the opposite side of the island where she was working.

"Chicken thighs and gravy with rice and asparagus."

His eyebrows raised a bit. "Sounds delicious. Believe I'd be in a coma afterwards."

She giggled. "Yep, that's pretty much what happened every time I had it at my grammie's house for Sunday dinner."

He nodded. "Grandmother's recipe."

She nodded. "Recipe's a strong word. I learned how to make it by watching her. She scoffed at writing things down." She rinsed out the towel she was using. "Spent a lot of time in that kitchen listening to her stories." The corner of her mouth lifted as she recalled the fond memories.

He let out a contemplative sound. "Probably should have spent more time with my grandmother. I was too busy trying to get into my grandfather's cigar room."

She cocked her head to the side. "Why?"

"That's where all the men seemed to collect and I wanted to know what they were talking about--" He broke off his attention falling to his phone sitting on the counter. He grumbled. "Sorry, I should take this call."

"Of course." She watched as he walked out the space down a hall no doubt to his office. His voice had a husky quality to it that she found soothing.

She frowned and shook the thought leaning on the counter behind her and crossing her arms. Everything was on low, and the asparagus wasn't going to be cooked up until the rest of it was done so what to do now?

The corner of her mouth lifted before she slowly looked over her shoulder out the large glass windows to the glistening water just beyond the glazing.

|:|A/N|:|

This confirms that I need me a place by the ocean! (ahaha)

Okay, what are your initial thoughts about the Rogans?

COMMENT/VOTE/FOLLOW me on Insta. If you like the sexy sensual stories, Lacey's Night of Sinn might tickle your fancy (lol) it's available for pre-order via Amazon LAUNCHES June 5th 2020.

Always My Best,

-ALEX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...