Horizons of Love✓

By RealityvsDreamss

⚠ Go through Readers' Reviews Section on page 2 and in end of part 40B , it 'll help you decide if story is w... More

About the Story
REVIEW BY READERS
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
NOTE(Very important and not regarding update)
Part 17
NOTE
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21A
Part 21B
NOTE(Point 3 updated)
Part 22
Teaser
Part 23A
Part 23B
Part 23 C
Part 23D
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30A
Part 30B
Part 31
Note[NOT TO BE IGNORED]
Part 32
Part 33 A
Part 33 B
FUN TEASER
Part 33C
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36A
NOTE
Part 36B
Part 36C
Part 37A
Part 37B
Part 38
Q & A
Part 39A
Part 39B
Part 39 C
Part 40B

Part 40 A

7.4K 441 382
By RealityvsDreamss

THOSE WHO MISSED TO VOTE ON INDIVIDUAL CHAPTER WHILE READING IN FLOW, PLEASE TAKE OUT 5 MINUTES AND VOTE ON THE PARTS THAT YOU THINK DESERVE IT. IT MEANS A LOT TO WRITER. LOW VOTING CREATES DOUBTS AND MISCOMMUNICATION.

YOU CAN ALWAYS POST YOUR QUESTIONS REGARDING PLOT LINE, POV AND ANY OTHER DOUBT IN Q & A IN TABLE OF CONTENTS or IN THE CONCERNED CHAPTER. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE IN POSTING IN COMMENT SECTION, PLEASE SEND YOUR REMARK IN INBOX DIRECTLY. THANK YOU.

HAVE A GOOD READING. DON'T FORGET TO PLAY THE SONG. IT IS A SUFI SONG, VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL.

Not proofread. Warning of a long update : 11700+ words

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Arnav was looking at the evening traffic on street, thirty floors down from his office in Sydney as he stood by the setting sun reminiscing past years, sipping on green tea(credits : Khushi). They had been eventful if summed up in one word. There had been problems cropping up here and there in AR  resolved by the end as usual. But he was happy with his decision of reduced workload, restructured role. He enjoyed this equilibrium in office and home. Home! I past years, all possible sorts of ruckus have been created by his immature family especially kids. RM had already lost the concept of silence with footsteps of Madam and now with kids, poor silence was extinct. Yeah, they now have plenty of kids to bring the house down. Ridh-Sidh instead of taking after their shy, quiet parents had followed their elder cousins and become hell naughty. Anjali's daughter Aasma, six months junior to Ri-Si was too sassy for her age, just like her snobbish father. NaLa's three-year old daughter Netra was so cute, a chatterbox.  But in Khushi's eyes, his munchkins Aloo-Aru 're the cause behind every mischief! Yes, their track record isn't good but cant she see that their pranks are so cute. 

He sighed as he took another sip. Its second last day of his five day trip and he was missing home, kids and most importantly Khushi badly. He should have built all his offices in Delhi only! That would have been best. He laughed as he went through some of the pics, enjoying sweet memories of his AA antics- Aloo had once shaved off his eyebrows and excited Aru had emulated her brother to cut off her left pigtail, leaving right one safe. Khushi had bawled her eyes out even as A-trio gave her you are over-reacting looks. One time, they had managed to hide a squirrel with her new born pups under the bed for three days straight. Mother squirrel had bitten Aru's finger on fourth day, his baby had wept so much, not even ras-malai helped. Another photo was of Aru with kajal stripes on her face - she had fooled her poor younger siblings into following her orders or she 'll ask ghost to swallow them all. Next one was epic - Aloo holding onto his pants. Khushi had come down upon him heavily for spoiling him just too much when she caught his boy peeing in plants to provide them fertilizers! In her opinion, Aloo was growing up and needed to tone down, heed to her warnings. At peak of irritation, Khushi herself forgets her logic that 'Bache hain, to shaitani to karenge hi'(kids are natural mischief-makers). He could only shake his head at her vivid imaginary theory-  First he 'll prank people at home, later in school then his teacher 'll scold him. As a result, he 'll start bunking school, choose a bad company, start doing cigarettes, alcohol then drugs then addiction then parties and finally land up in jail!! Silly over-activate Mommy!!...of his kids. From kids, he went to baby bump to kid-making to her pink cheeks to her eyes brimming with love as she blushed hard to her arms raised towards him to her quivering lips to her woofer heartbeats.

Aye rangrez mere, rangrez mere
ek baat bata rangrez mere
ye koun se paani mein tune
koun sa rang ghola hai,
ye koun se paani mein tune
koun sa rang ghola hai
ke dil ban gaya saudai,
aur mera basanti chola hai,
mera basanti chola hai,

Oh dyer of mine, Dear Dyer of mine,
Please reveal your secrets divine,
What concoction have you created dear,
Of your colors and godforsaken water!
My heart's all crazy in love so profound,
My cloak's soaked in saffron unbound...

GOSH! She must be busy in torturing students with her lectures and he's back to thinking about her instead of winding up work! Just three hours ago, he had heard her raspy morning whispers, looked at her drowsy face and again he's back to missing her! Why does it happen every single time? Why is he always eager to just fly back home into her arms, even if its one-day trip? Kya kar diya hai tumne Khushi mere saath?(What have you done to me Khushi?). How is it even possible after so many years? In few days, they 'll be completing eleven years of marriage but her magic hasn't faded one bit. Yes, his theory of 'two people can't stay together lifelong' has been debunked the moment he had realized love more than a decade back. But don't people at-least get bored with each other for while, need change of place, breathers and all, like break or something? Where is that disillusionment phase in their marriage that he feared 'd drive her away? Did they already have it in initial troubled years of their marriage? 

And in case like theirs where she doesn't have that absolute mental satisfaction of  rituals of wedding, where he at times wishes for that complete, exclusive acceptance from her; how is their connection all charged up always? What drives it? Love? It can't be that powerful or maybe it is. 

Bohat Ajeeb Hain Yeh Bandshein Mohabbat ki 'Faraz'
Na Usne Qaid Mein Rakha Na Hum Faraar Hue

The chains of love are so strange, Faraz(poet)
Neither did she chain me, nor I escaped

No, not maybe. It is powerful. It binds their soul. The reason why they have sailed through every trouble, faced all highs n lows with each-other's support and of-course an equally supportive family.  

Subconsciously he knows he desires more than just giving into her, 'll always desire to get more and more from her, only her. In deep recesses of his heart where reason doesn't exist irrespective of the logic that he has no right to demand, he wants her to belong to him the way he belongs to her. Yet, he is extremely satisfied in life is what baffles him. Maybe, that's again the magic of their relationship, his Khushi. He traced his phone's screen, his bewitching Sundari(Beauty)!

Ab tumse kya main shikwa karun,
Maine hi kaha tha zid karke, rang de chunri pi ke rang mein
Rang de, rang de chunri pi ke rang mein
Gar mue kapas pe rang na ruke.
Rang itna gehra tera ki jaan-o-jigar tak bhi rang de..
Jigar rang de...

What should I resent you for now?
I like a stubborn asked you to color my veil,
Oh! Your colors penetrated my fabric, insane,
Deep within my heart 'n soul everything's dyed of your shades,
Color my heart away, Oh this feelin'...

***

Khushi was missing Arnav so much at the 50th Marriage Anniversary Celebration of Mishra Uncle. Maybe, it was old memories or the phere(marital vows around fire) that the beautiful couple were taking or it was simply his absence but everything was making her overtly emotional today. Maybe because she was attending someone's phere without his presence by her side after so many years. She didn't know why but she wanted to cry, weep in his arms as her memories of remarriage day were getting mixed with something else for first time. It was first time in so many years that she imagined him and her doing this, in place of the couple. Why?  Things were fine between them, everything was smooth, nothing is missing then how and why this thought occurred to her? She had no idea. Maybe, its just the heat, soot of the burning fire, itching your eyes, jumbling your senses Khushi, she tried to console herself. But this is month of January, dense air and cold. You are sitting at safe distance from agni-kund(fire-urn), another voice rose inside her. Her emotions were disconcerting her as she mindlessly showered flowers alongwith other guests upon the old couple, she had been admiring whole night. She came back home in heavy contemplative mood which everyone thought was result of Arnav's trip. 

Ek boond ishqiyan daal koi tu, O...,
Ek boond ishqiyan daal koi,
Mera saaton samandar jaye rang,

A single drop of your love
Just a single drop of your romantic blend
Colors up my seven seas in a second,

Both his and her pillow were moistened by the restless lone figure in bed as she once again tried to ignore her changed reaction to this scene over the years. She had no idea why she had brought sindoor and mangalsutra to bed, why was she caressing them. Was she missing wearing these two? Was her system all messed up, restless ? 

Should she go and sleep with kids? She 'll get some strength. Its very late Khushi, they 'll get disturbed. She tried to subdue the undesirable thoughts as she struggled to keep up the fight, shut out the fact that her subconscious - from initially nipping the idea in bud, to hating it, to sidelining it, to dreading it - has now warmed to her imprudent wish once more. After almost eleven years from that ugly night. Why does 'them at altar' no longer means that night but something else? Something beautiful? 

Pal pal rangte rangte rangte rangte naihar pi-har ka aangan rang
Pal pal rangte rangte rangte rangte mere atho pahar manbhawan rang
Neende rang de, karwat bhi rang,
Khwabon pe pade salwat bhi rang

Paint every moment,
The courtyards of my maternal and marital heavens
Drape in one single shade all my 24 sevens
Color my sleep, color my peace,
Color even the creases of my dreams,

She had unconsciously shifted to missing phere, wanting to do it. It scared her that this image of them at altar was suddenly not scary anymore. How? Why? Was she becoming vulnerable once again? Her coward side that was not very receptive to new changes in her calm smooth sailing boat, didn't want to entertain this idea. But her brave side that craved for another feather of happiness in her cap, wanted to think deeply about the change. Maybe it happened today or has been there for a while and she has missed it. Khushi was not 100% sure about doing it right now but she had realized for a fact that she was no longer scared to go through it. The dream of completing wedding rituals with him has been seeded into her heart once again and within span of few hours it was spreading its roots fast all over her soul, coloring her sanity even as that weak voice inside her tried to oppose citing past.

***

The weak voice warning Khushi of repercussions was lost within a week. She maintained calm countenance as she got clarity of what she wants even before she could discuss all this with Arnav.

AR Designs was funding an initiative by NIFT Delhi students as part of CSR  --  #RedesignToReuse. Their target was to redesign atleast five hundred dresses by the end of Even semester in May. Ladies at RM had volunteered to get their wedding trousseau redesigned. Buaji was so happy when two students competed to get their hands on her shaadi-ka-joda(wedding lehenga). She decided to give it away , suggested to the underage 20 year old student that he can redesign and keep it for his bride. Khushi was also surfing through her things in their original room. With wedding thought making rounds in her mind, she was reluctant to part away with her trousseau he has collected over years and she hasn't even used. She was only sure about getting her weddings lehengas redesigned or getting rid of them altogether. Payal and Anjali who had given away more than half of their wardrobe for re-designing were helping a confused Khushi with dresses and jewelry that had been used by her like muh-dikhai ones. They had just added another saree to the heap when Khushi who was standing by cupboard shouted, "Not that one" and almost snatched it back. She folded it very carefully and placed it back in cupboard. Her mood had changed, Payal and Anjali realized something was wrong, they had sensed her possessiveness about saree. She was disturbed about something in the room, they excused themselves to leave her alone and took away the selected dresses. Khushi was relieved too. This was a bad idea to ask them to help her. All this stuff was still very sensitive for her, she needs to be careful. She took out her red saree alongwith his grey three piece and blue shirt(the first night gifts, they had bought for each other) to send them to laundry. Soon, she 'll get everything shifted to this room and then they both can decide what to discard and what to keep.

She was keeping jewelry back when she realized it was another set of unequal-sized boxes at the back of locker, causing problem in systematic arrangement. She took them all out, opened one of them. She got confused as it all looked like waste. There was a piece of yellow and brown fabric, some pearls,  glass pieces, gotta, a wooden stick, kundan stones and many other things like broken plastic. Looks like remnants from designed cloth. He calls her unsystematic, untidy person. What is this now? What is waste doing inside jewelry box, inside his locker in first place? Has he started designing without her knowledge? She kept it aside to check with him once before throwing it away. 

Soon her confusion got cleared and she was rendered speechless. A large box had jaipuri yellow-brown dupatta with gotta works neatly packed inside. Next was the pearl necklace. Her hands moved to caress it, he had gifted this after they had returned from GH almost eleven years ago;  Khushi laughed out loud as the next box had a NOKIA 1650 tucked inside just like a huge pendant. So cute! This man had weird wiring of brain. She stopped laughing as wheels inside her 33 year old brain started churning. Hey Devi Maiyya! This was same model he had broken in AR store room when she was talking to Jiji. He had torn her dupatta from his side-view mirror when they had met at AR for first time. Pearl necklace was for their first disastrous meet at Sheesh Mahal, not just bcoz she dreamt this scene during his kidnap. She opened next box to  find a kundan set inside. Nani had given it to her on night of fancy dress competition and he had broken it at the stairs. Her tears started their downwards journey on their own as she read the poorly scribbled note inside the box with perfect ease,

"It is so easy to destroy, hard to create even harder to repair. I have understood this simple fact after destroying everything in my life. 

Kal jab tumne kaha tumhe meri yaad nahi aati ... Khushi, it broke everything inside me, aisa laga jaise sab toot gaya.(Yesterday night, when you said, you dont miss me...Khushi, it broke everything inside me. I felt every single cell inside me breaking into pieces). I have never felt hollower. And the undeniable truth that I am reason behind it makes me so miserable. But my MIL, (I personally think she is wisest person on earth) told me another truth -  I am an achiever Khushi, I 'll struggle, fall, struggle again. I refuse to quit, I WON'T. Tumhare mann mein apni jagah kab wapis paunga, pata nahi(I dont know if I 'll ever be able to get back my place inside you)  but I 'll die trying. And this necklace has reminded me that I still have many many things to redeem. I 'll make sure to repair whatever is in my hands, every single thing. One day, you 'll surely smile seeing my efforts, I felt it in your tears Khushi. I know you 'll." 

Khushi recalled all this had happened on the night of Aloo's first birthday. He had asked her for marriage once again and they had fought thoroughly. They had moved on so much from that  time. She wiped her tears as she read it again and again. His words were so inspiring. She kissed the letter as she whispered to air, "Yes Arnavji, we are not quitters. And we 'll get this last piece of  jig-saw puzzle of our happiness. We 'll get that." 

Aye rangrez mere,aye rangrez mere
ek baat bata rangrez mere
ye koun se paani mein tune
kounsa rang ghola hai,
ye koun se paani mein tune
koun sa rang ghola hai
ke dil ban gaya saudai,
Mera basanti chola hai,
mera basanti chola hai,

Oh dyer of mine, Dear dyer of mine,
Please reveal your secrets divine,
What concoction have you created dear,
Of your colors and godforsaken water!
My heart's all crazy in love so profound,
My cloak's soaked in saffron unbound...

She was pink, awestruck as she opened the sleek and large jewelry box next. It was their photo from Preeto's sangeet, one that he had thrown away at bridge. They had eyes only for each other in this click, amidst lots of hesitance and even larger crowd dancing with them. They looked so lovely. She felt jubilant, a lot more confident all of a sudden and pecked his lips in photo, "Laad Governor, get ready for flood of pleasant surprises. I 'll drown you in so much love that it 'll seep permanently inside you!" This time, there was no opposing voice remaining inside her and a giggling Khushi started sketching a super-duper hit plan to surprise him. It was her turn to propose him and she 'll sweep him off his feet and they'll land directly into the clouds in the seventh sky! Also, she has a woe to settle. Her chicken-of-husband has been keeping distance since her cervical polyp surgery four months before, even after repeated assurance of everything okay from doctor.

HDM! Their Anniversary was in five days and she had so less time to prepare, she panicked coming back from clouds. Another problem was with kids' exams already over, they had plans to leave for Lucknow in two days to attend few weddings, have a family vacation and return back only by mid of March. Aloo-Aru 'll not agree to stay back with them. With passing years, they have grown to enjoy more with their cousins, friends than their parents,much to her consternation. But isnt it better that way? Aloo would ask hundred questions and its better to avoid raising them rather than lying to him. She dialed her ally to do the needful and her ally was very happy to assist her. 

Arnav came back home in evening and informed everyone about change in plan. He was needed here in Delhi for back to back 'emergency' meetings (Aman had fooled him about), so won't accompany their family to Lucknow. He was grinning evilly when Khushi decided to stay back. He wanted to enjoy his anniversary thoroughly, wipe away the distance, not knowing she had bigger plans than him. 

As she had predicted, her 'haathon se paal-pos kar bada kiya(raised up with these very hands) kids didn't follow their parents. They didn't cancel their trip, too excited to enjoy after exam days. Normally, they would have different opinion about color, food, channel, game...everything but now they 're one team, making plans about holidays!!! She didn't know if she should be happy to finally get time to execute her plan or spank her traitorous kids for agreeing to go on a trip without her! The same tiny-miny cuties who couldn't stay away from her even for a minute, have changed so much with time! She can't understand how over-possessive Arnav was all cool with this development. "Khushi, they need their space too!!", he 'd shrug every-time she rued that with this speed of detachment, they 'll soon forget even the names of their parents. 

***

Next day, she made list of items needed and got a fantastic idea that she didn't know 'll lead to so much trouble. Khushi didn't have much time so she took help of photoshop. She added filters as she wanted to dress up on the D-day and not for pictures. The print looked funny but she knew the surprise 'll get her his rare 3 Os expression. All other things were done including the itinerary just two tasks left.

She went to her parents room who were packing to leave next morning. She was hesitant but her parents were highly perceptive. They could see the extra glow on her face and when she asked for her father's cuff-links stammering, they burst into laughter, clearly understanding whats and whys.

"Iss baar bhi chup-chap shadi karne ka irada hai?", Amma pretended to be serious.("Again planning to marry secretly?")

"Amma, aapko kais..?", Khushi was shocked. Payal grinned at Khushi before smacking her mental sister's head. She had been observing her since the day of Mishras anniversary and her prediction was true.("Amma, how do you know?")

"Hum Amma-Babuji hai tumhare", Fifty-seven year old Shashi pulled his thirty-three year old daughter's cheek fondly.("We are your parents ")

"Vo(actually)...hum(I)...Amma-Babuji... vo Aarav aur Arushi...", Khushi now realized folly in her plan. In her bid to protect her kids, she had forgotten about her parents, their excitement for their daughter's wedding. She has become so self-centered, didn't wait to think about his family, their dreams. Tears started dripping down her face as she lowered her eyes unable to face them.

"Hum to aise hi majak kar rahe they pagaliya. Aaj itne saalon baad hamri titaliya apna sapna poora karna chahti hai to ro kahe rahi hai sankadevi!!", Buaji pulled Khushi close.("We were just teasing you, silly girl. After so many years, my butterfly is fulfilling her dream then why these tears crazy girl")

"Khusi, Tumne sahi faisla liya hai. Duniya jahan pe ho na ho humko apni bitiya par pura bharosa hai, vo kya hai na parvarish bahot achi mili hai uu ka. Khusi, humari taraf dekho bitiya...hamesha yaad rakhna...hum kahin bhi ho, hamesha tumahre saath hain aur bitiya reeti riwaz se pare...tum koi cheez nahi ho jise daan kiya jaye ya saupa jaye. Devi Maiyya hongi na, to samjho hum bhi honge. Hum hamesha tumhe khush dekhna chahte they, hain aur hamesha aisa hi chahenge. Now listen to my perfect fluent English. My sweet little child, record the ceremony and WhatsApp the video. Understood?"("Khusi, you have taken right decision. Whether I have faith in people or not but I have full faith in my daughter. Actually, she has been brought up with good values. Khushi, look at me child...Always remember...wherever we are, we 'll always support you and besides the rituals, you are not a chattel to be given away by us or received by him. God 'll be there right, so we 'll also be present there no matter where we are. We want you to remain happy forever. Now listen to my perfect fluent English. My sweet little child, record the ceremony and WhatsApp the video. Understood? ")

"Hum bahot khush-kismat hain ki aap humare Amma-Babuji hain, ye humara parivaar hai, the bestest in the world!", Khushi kissed her parents before hugging them tight.("I am very lucky that you are my parents, this is my family, the best in the world")

"Acha Khushi! Hum log Aloo-Aru ke Papa se bhi zyada best hain?", Payal nudged her parents as they teased Khushi. ("Is that so? Are we even better than Aloo-Aru's father?")

"Arrey Jiji!! Ye kaisa comparison hua!!!", she replied instantly and everyone burst out laughing. Payal hugged Khushi tight, very happy for her.("Jiji, how can you make unequal comparisons")

Garima took out the cuff-links box and they saw Khushi's hands shivered as she took hold of it. Last time when Garima had handed her this box, conviction in her hands was a bit more,"Khusi, bahot saal phele, jo bhi hua tha, uske baad shadi ke waqt hum bahot pareshan they. Didi(Khushi's mother) ne tab humse ek baat kahi thi, aaj hum tumse keh rahein hain. Kyun darein ke zindagi mein kya hoga, kuch na hoga to tazurba hoga." She cupped her face in her hands and kissed her forehead affectionately, wishing her all the happiness in the world. Khushi smiled and wiped her mother's eyes. Jealous Payal whined at that and Shashi chuckled before hugging his elder daughter close. Guptas proceeded to have their group hug.  ("Khushi, many years ago, after whatever had happened with me, I was very worried at time of my wedding. Your mother then told me something and I am telling it to you today. Why should we fear what 'll happen in life, if nothing it 'll be a lesson learnt")

Everyone except Arnav and kids were told about it and they were extremely happy for it finally happening. Raizadas were so happy for Arnav. He 'll get the final closure alongwith Khushi. Considering Aarav's tender age and curious nature, they supported Khushi's idea to do it in this secretive manner. Nani erased Khushi's guilt , asking her not to worry, they 'll again have all functions with pomp and show at their 25th Wedding Anniversary and her ninetieth birthday, celebrating it with her thumkas. Anjali who weeping all over Khushi, wiped her tears of happiness and kissed her Nani -  the best Nani in the world. Everyone loved this idea. Family left for Lucknow early next morning and onus of live-telecast of Arshi wedding, without kids getting a whiff, fell on poor shoulders of detective. While Aloo, the gang-leader kept his natural contraceptive (Aasma) away, he thoroughly extracted the EMIs for this 'strenuous' task, from his pious wife.

 ***

Arnav was gleeful that he has got Khushi all for himself for few days and therefore came early from office, only to find her getting down from an auto. It was enough to sour his romantic mood, he turned  dark and thundering red by the time, they reached living room. Khushi, who had gone to chandini chowk to get her mangalsutra re-polished and mehendi done, was too scared to make a small talk. She had no idea that he would come home early or she would have preferred walking that extra five-hundred meters from car-parking rather than using auto-rickshaw. With her car gone for servicing, she knew which direction his thoughts 'd take turn too.   

HP, not in sync with the unpleasant atmosphere served them green tea, their new normal evening beverage. (Khushi had replaced both their third cups of her masala tea and his black coffee with it) Arnav glared at him and poor man took away tea and brought him coffee before disappearing into lawn outside to save his delicate ears. Arnav didn't speak a word as he sipped the hot bitter concoction and kept his angry gaze fixed to the corner of the table. Gathering courage, Khushi pushed the plate of snacks towards him, usual way of a wife testing husband's temperament index. He gave her a thunderous look before thumping the mug down on table and marching towards their room. Khushi was confused how to calm him down without revealing surprise. She needed to zip her lips for two more days.

He had changed his clothes and was going to gym to release his ire to stop himself from shouting at a very deserving person. When is she ever going to understand him? How much patience should he keep? Or should he keep waiting for whole goddamn lifetime for her to start touching their money!  

"Arnavji vo...", Khushi opened her mouth hesitantly. He saw her at the door but didnt reply. It was better to leave the room and avoid arguments that would yield no results. She 'll never consider him as hers.

"Dinner karne baahar chalein?", she again tried.("Should we go out for dinner?")

Arnav chuckled harshly at that. Now she was throwing a crumb towards him. "Tum? Mere saath akele dinner karne chalogi! Ye ehsaan kisliye? Abhi to tumhare bache bhi ghar par nahi hain! Tumhe ye show-off karne ki koi zarura..."("You? You 'll come with me for dinner ,alone! Why this kindness? Even your children are not at home! You dont need to show-off")

"Hum show-off nahi karte"("I dont show-off")

"Tum show-off hi karti ho! Sirf show-off. In your head, we are two separate identities who have different bank balance. Tumne mujhe kabhi mann se apna mana hi nahi hai Khushi!"("You do, you only do show-offs! In your head, we are two separate identities who have different bank balance. You never accepted me as yours from deep inside your heart")

Meri hadd bhi rang, sarhad bhi rang,

Behad rang de, anhad bhi rang de,
Mandir masjid maikad rang,

Rangrez mere, Rangrez mere
Rangrez mere do ghar kyun rahe,
Ek hi rang mein dono ghar rang de, dono rang de,

Color me off limits, Color my boundaries,
Color me extreme, color my unceasing infinities,
My temple, My mosque, My entire world indeed

Oh dyer, why must we be separated by two different spaces,
Paint just one single shade to both worlds with your embraces,your acceptance

 "Aap kuch bhi bole jaa rahe..."("What rubbish are you...")

"Kuch bhi? Meri baat kuch bhi lagti hai tumhe! You  f**king keep hurting me time and again. And when I show you mirror, I am spurting nonsense!!! Tum dinner ki baat kar rahi ho? I challenge you Khushi, himmat hai to chalo mere saath bahar bina apne wallet ke!! Ye F block wale ice-cream parlour tak hi chalo!"("Rubbish? My facts  look rubbish! You f**king keep hurting me time and again. And when I show you mirror, I am spurting nonsense!!! You are talking about dinner? I challenge you Khushi, come out with me without your wallet! Let go to nearby ice-cream parlour! ")

Khushi didn't reply.

Arnav felt miserable at no response from her, "Kya hua? Muh par tala lag gaya ab?Tum kab ye sab band karogi? Tumne kabhi socha hai mujhe kaisa lagta hai, jab tum layi hui kaanch ki chudiya to pehen leti ho par jewelry utha kar cupboard mein rakh deti ho!!! You just see the difference in glass &  gold, mera pyar dikhayi hi nahi deta tumhe. Khushi 500 ke jhumke aur lakho ke set mein kya fark hai jab dono main hi lata hun, apni pasand se? Maine kabhi tumahre kisi bhi gift ke saath aise kiya hai? I never differentiate in them. Fir kyun karti ho tum mere saath aise?Kyun tumhe meri car, tumhari car alag alag dikhayi deti hai? It burns me that even after ten years, you are not sure of the fact that I can't even think of asking you to get out of the car! Ek dupatta tak nahi khareda hai tumne kabhi mere card se! Tumhari ye duniya ke alag type ki, jo self-respect hai vo kam ho jayegi na?  Ye behavior normal lagta hai tumhe? You still think its all nonsense?"("What happened? Cat got your tongue? When are going to stop this? Do you even realise how it hurts me when you readily wear the glass bangles I buy for you but keep aside the jewelry!!! You only see the difference between glass & gold, my love behind each gift becomes invisible for you! Khushi what is the difference between earrings of 500 rupees and jewelry costing lakhs, crores when the person who brings it is same, they are all my choice? Have ever differentiated among your gifts? I don't. Then why do you hurt me like this? Why are our cars - my car, your car for you?  It burns me that even after ten years, you are not sure of the fact that I can't even think of asking you to get out of the car! You haven't bought even one stole on your husband's card! Your unique type of self-respect 'll get reduced right? You think this type of behavior is normal? You still think I am talking nonsense?")

"Tum mein itni sense to hai that I need space, I should attend some parties but how many such parties have you attended with me? Tumhe sharm aati hai, apne colleagues ko ye batane mein ki main tumhara pati hoon? Do ghante tumhare saath chala jaunga to AR to doob jayegi na aur main tumhe blame karunga.  Mere kisi colleague se to tum milogi hi nahi coz Khushi madam wants to stay away from AR. Kahin main dobara tumhe gold-di**er na bol doon. Don't look away Khushi, look up! Look at my face! Face the facts! Tum ache se jaanti ho, I 'll die before misbehaving with you ever again. Still you..."("You are sensible enough that I need space that I should attend some parties but how many such parties have you attended with me? You feel ashamed to tell your colleagues that I am your husband or you think if I spent two hours in your official parties then AR 'll collapse and I 'll blame you? And you wont meet my colleagues coz Khushi madam wants to stay away from AR! Or I 'll again start calling you gold-digg**! Dont look away Khushi, look up, look at my face. Face the facts! You very well know, I 'll die before misbehaving with you ever again. Still you...")

"Nahi vo..."("No actually..."), Khushi lowered her eyes. All his points were true. She has been doing all this, earlier in self-preservation and now in routine, never once stopping to think and analyse the effect of her actions upon him, that he may think she considers him as two different people. Had she not gone through their things some days before, she would have never realized the magnitude of his efforts to redress everything, her own mistake in ignoring his what she thought were 'costly' gifts when he had brought all of them with so much love. She didnt know she was carrying baggage of past and it was creating distance between them. She vowed to change herself and she 'll soon start doing it, just two days wait or he 'll wonder about her U turn and discover her plans.

Arnav's eyes fell on her dried henna, he knew she loved applying it. He brought her hands up to examine it and was again disappointed, "Khushi, jab koi sudharna chahta hai to uski madad karte hain usse saari zindagi  satane ka nahi sochte. Shadi se phele kamse kam tumne khudse ek A to likha tha, ab vo bhi mere hisse mein nahi hai", he remarked dryly and left. ("Khushi, when someone wants to redeem their behavior, we help them, not take vows to torture them whole life. Before marriage, I had the privilege of you writing an 'A'  in your mehendi, now I have lost even that too")

Aah ko chaahiye ik umr asar hone tak,

Kaun jeeta hai tirii zulf ke sar hone tak.

Humne maanaa kih tagaaful na karoge lekin,

Khaak ho jaaenge hum, tum ko khabar hone tak.

It takes a lifetime of prayers(sighs) of the lover get answered(influence the heart of the beloved). Who can live so long, to as to see your conflict getting resolved(curls of your hairs properly arranged). I understand you aren't indifferent towards me, but who knows I may turn into dust by the time you realize my pain.

His anger cooled down with release of sweat and heat. Reason slowly walked in. He realized he shouldn't force her to do his bidding but should wait for her to come to the same page by herself. Yes, he wishes for all the walls around her heart to break away completely, meet his hidden Khushi - the woman who had once loved him madly, from depth of her soul beyond reason beyond limits, whose world revolved around him and most importantly she considered him as hers by default, exercised all her rights upon him without a second thought, demanded his love. This change in her is result of his own actions so he must give her time to recuperate, not pressurize her. Yes, he needs to keep patience.

They had dinner silently and Khushi was thinking of ways to pacify her LG, without revealing surprise, when he himself came and sat beside her, his  hands holding his ears, "I am sorry for shouting at you. Instead of giving you time, I released all my frustration upon you. i am really sor..."

Khushi immediately removed his hands from his ears. He looked so adorable.  LG can be cuter than her babies if he wanted. And most importantly, whatever he had said was truth,"Aap sorry kyun bol rahe hain. Aapki saari shikayat sahi hain. Humein maaf kar dijiye Arnavji, hum koshish karen ..."("Why are you sorry? All your complaints are true. Please forgive me, I 'll try to make amends")

"Khushi, you aren't wrong. I understand your reasons. . Baby, you don't need to take pressure. Remember that slow-paced walking towards me. Do it, take as much time as you want Khushi. I wasn't in right frame of mind coz I saw you getting down that unsafe auto. Please, just don't use auto-rickshaw again without telling me first.It gets me worked up, worried"

Khushi nodded. She was shocked at this level of patience in most impatient man of the world, "Aap kitne badal gaye ho!"("You have changed  drastically!")

Ye tu hi hai, hairat rang de,
Aa dil mein sama hasrat rang de,
Fir aaja aur vaslat rang de,
Tu aa na sake to furqat rang de
Dard-e-hijra liye dil mein, dard-e- hijra liye dil mein dard-e... main zinda rahu,
Zurrat rang de.

Color my amazement of you,
Come paint the desires of my heart too,
Come and color away our union,
And if you can't, forget-not to paint our separation,
Even with the pain of being apart, I must live on,
Color my dare to carry on with this separation

Arnav cupped her cheek and kissed her forehead, "I am patient because I am now your Arnav not ASR. And I also know that ki  meri Khushi khoyi nahi hai, tumhare andar hi hai...hum dono mil kar dhoondhenge to ek din zaroor mil jayegi. I am sure of it". He placed a folded paper in her hand and went to sleep. ("I am patient because I am now your Arnav not ASR. And I also know  that my Khushi isnt lost, she is there somewhere inside you...we both 'll search her together and 'll certainly find her one day. I am sure of it")

Khushi kept staring at the paper in her hand for sometime before she unfolded it and recognized it was her own writing - a page from her ten year old diary. 

"

Khuda ke waaste parda na kaabe se uthaa zaalim
Kaheen aisa na ho yaan bhi wahi kaafir sanam nikle

For God's sake, don't lift the covers off my illusions, O cruel reality
My lover(Arnav) might turn out to be the infidel(ASR)!        

 "

She had made that entry in desperation, in helplessness on the night, she found that she was pregnant with Aarav. Keeping all her sane reasons aside, a part of her had been desperate to inform him. In some parallel perfect world, where he was her Arnav, she had whispered it to him, relished their ecstasy to the news! A call from her mother had broken her illusion and she had come back to earth, realized the reality of life, his true face, ASR. Her tears, despair, all her anguish at herself had been penned down into her diary. Khushi kept in inside the side drawer and went to change. She was unperturbed with this entry of her diary, for she already knew that Arnav's Khushi was back with a bang.

Switching off lights, she lied down to sleep on their bed that was now a single mattress one. Hugging his sleeping form, she whispered into his torso, "Good night Arnavji. Bas thoda sa intezaar baaki hai"("Good night Arnavji. We have to wait just for few more moments.")

He moved his left upper arm under her head as her pillow in their usual style till she goes taekwondo in middle of night. Wrapping her completely in his warm cuddle, his hand came to rest at her abdomen. Arnav pecked her lips before dropping another one in her hair and softly pressed his cheek over her head, "No need to hurry Khushi, take your time. For you, I can wait forever"

And you are that forever for me. Khushi kissed his heart before they fell into deep slumber in each other's embrace  - the happiest place in whole world.

***

Poor Arnav's all attempts for romance had been spurned yesterday too. Last night, it was for eleventh time straight, she had not wished him back with Happy Anniversary. Not that, he is keeping a grudge but simply noting it down in his memory as weapon for future fights. He's trying to learn interesting things from his wife.

Harried Khushi was making remaining arrangements when HP informed her that Arnav was back home. HDM! He has come back so early! She has not even changed!! She immediately closed the door and reached their room. 

Shit! She didn't even sort the table, forget decorating it with balloons! Jiji was right. She should have taken help from HP instead of doing everything on her own. She should have skipped the spa altogether. Stupid thing ate away four hours! Changing her plan, she picked up the envelope and gave it to him, "Aapke liye ek surprise hai"("Here is a surprise for you")

Arnav couldn't understand why was she blushing, twinkling in simple task of giving him an envelope. Were they pregnant again? But then she 'd be in thunderous mode not blushing. Also this didnt look like medical report. He took it from her and opened it. He was about to ask her what it was when he got his answer.

"So, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada. Are you ready for wedding of the century?", she wriggled her eyebrows grinning as  she came back inside from poolside with a long-stemmed rose in her hand, blushing, smiling waiting for his reaction to her various photo-shopped bridal shots. She got confused when he turned dark at her question and then she was appalled. Instead of replying 'yes', he tore her  photos into bits and pieces!! WTF!!

Arnav's mood spoiled completely at her cheeky question, he didnt even pay attention to the rose in her hands. This stupid prank on this important day, burst him into rage, "Tumhara dimag kharab hai, ye mujhe phele din se pata tha par itna kharab hai ye maine nahi socha tha! Do you care even one bit about my feelings ya tumhe har cheez mazak lagti hai? This isn't funny, Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada!!! It's cheap, purely disgusting!!!", he threw away the pieces. He couldn't believe the heights of her insensitivity. First, she gave him photographs and bio-data of some Pragya whatever on their anniversary and then have audacity to ask such stupid questions of - Are you ready for wedding of century! Cold-blooded woman she is, to prank her own husband so heartlessly. He decided to pack his bags and leave for Lucknow. His kids are much better than company than her sadistic ideas and this unbearable torture.("I always knew your brain was damaged but I didn't know it was damaged so bad! Do you even care bout my feelings or everything looks like a joke to you? This isnt funny at all. Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, this is cheap and pure disgusting!!")

Khushi got immensely angry as his actions. Her eyes teared up at this insult. Yes, photos were not as pretty, her skills were novice but they were good enough to propose him with. Such a unique idea it was, but he had to go ahead and ruin it in most brutal way possible. She didn't know if she should cry her heart out in a lone corner or first beat the shit out of him. God knows what this arrogant, rude, masochist, always PMSing man actually wants, "Aapki himmat kaise hui..."("How dare you?")

"Dont! Dont you dare talk to me stupid woman! Mujhe shakal bhi nahi dekhni tumhari(I dont want to see your face)", Arnav warned her as he started throwing his clothes in a suitcase. 

"Isliye aapne humari photos faad di?", Khushi couldnt believe his ridiculous logic. He wanted to marry her and now he has torn her hard work of three hours into tiny pieces bcoz he doesn't want to see her face. He is certainly suffering from bipolar disorder and his statement hurt her ego, "Meri nahi to kiski shakal dekhni hai tumhe? Aishwarya Rai ki?" ("So your tore my  photos? Whose face do you want to see if not mine? Aishwarya Rai's?")

"Who the hell is Aishwarya whatever? Dont you dare give me her pho... Forget it! Just  keep your mouth shut, you pea-brained woman!!"

"Aap Aishwarya Rai ko nahi jaante?"("You dont know Aishwarya Rai?")

Arnav was so damn frustrated now.She had another proposal ready for him!! Rubbing his face with his hands, he drew a long breath, "Meri samjh mein nahi aa raha ki tum ye kar kya rahi ho? Do saal ki bachi ho tum? Kyun pareshan kar rahi ho mujhe? Kab taras ayega tumhe mujh par? Clock is ticking Khushi, jo time chala gaya vo wapas nahi ayega. Ideally, we should have been celebrating our Anniversary now par tumhe kisi baat ki parwah nahi hai. You are busy in these stupid pranks. How can you even come up with this bullshit is beyond me!! I have never ever felt so insulted in my entire life!"("I don't get why are you doing this? Are you two-year old? Why are you troubling me? Will you ever feel pity upon me?  Clock is ticking Khushi, time lost, wont come back. Ideally, we should have been celebrating our Anniversary now but you are not bothered about anything. You are busy in these stupid pranks. How can you even come up with this bullshit is beyond me!! I have never ever felt so insulted in my entire life! ")

"Who told you its a joke or prank? Maine kaha tumse ki ye mazak hai? Its all serious dammit! Itne din maine akele ye sab plan kiya, tumhe surprise dene ke liye itni mehnat ki!! Mujhe laga tum khush ho jaoge par nahi Arnav Singh Raizada ka gussa sabse zyada upar hai. Kisi ke bhawanao ki koi kadar hi nahi hai! Photo pasand nahi aayi to faad kar fenk di!! And you think, I have insulted you? Arnav Singh Raizada,  you have insulted me!!" ("Who told you its a joke or prank? Did I say? Its all serious dammit!! I have been planning this from so many days, all alone, working hard to  surprise you! I thought you 'll go giddy in happiness but Arnav Singh Raizada's anger is supreme! You have no value for anyone's feelings! You didnt like the photos so tore them. And you think, I have insulted you? Arnav Singh Raizada, you have insulted me!! ")

Angry Arnav stopped packing, flabbergasted at this new revelation, at her guts, "This is all serious? You have been preparing all this for many days? Poori tarah se pagal ho chuki ho kya? I am your husband dammit!! How can you f**king do this to me? Kisi dusri ladki ka photo aur bio-data mujhe de kar tum meri insult nahi kar rahi to kya aarti utar rahi ho? And you f**king expect me to be happy about this bullshit? Are you deranged? Aisa hai ab bahot ho gaya tumhara! I am warning you Khushi. Get lost from my sight or you 'll pay severely. Just get out of my sight, right now!!!" ("This is all serious? You have been preparing all this for many days? Have you gone completely mad? I am your husband dammit!! How can you f**king do this to me? If you aren't insulting me by handing me photos and bio-data of another girl then what the hell are you doing, singing praises in my name? And you f**king expect me to be happy about this bullshit? Are you deranged?Look i am done with your nonsense! I am warning you Khushi. Get lost from my sight or you 'll pay severely. Just get out of my sight, right now!!!")

"Dusri ladki? Kaun dusri ladki?", Khushi was confused now.("Another woman? Who?")

 "Forget it, Tumse baat karna bekaar hai(Its useless talking to you). I am so done with your nonsense. Its better that I leave instead", he zipped his bag.

Khushi was even more confused now to see his packed bag, "Aap ye bag pack karke kahan ja rahe ho?" ("Where are you going?")

"Tumse matlab?"("How does it concern you?")

"Mujhe matlab nahi hoga to kya padosiyon ko hoga?("Whose concern it is, if not mine? Neighbors' ")

 "Tum jao na meri dusri shaadi ki preparations karo."("Why dont you go and prepare for my 2nd marriage")

"Dusri shaadi? Dusri ladki? Aap kya bole jaa raho ho?"("Second wedding?another girl? What are you even saying?") Khushi's attention went to the torn pieces and as she picked up some pieces, got the word chaturvedi, laxminagar and added two and two together. She realized her folly, no its blunder. In haste, she had handed him bio-data and photos of Pragya Chaturvedi instead of her photos. Vimla Mausi had given it to her, to give it to Buaji for match-making during Lucknow trip.First she forgot to give it to Buaji and now did the disastrous mix-up. She now understood why he has got so angry. He is right, she 's really lazy, foolish and larger credit for this mess goes to her useless unorganized table. She picked up the envelope containing her photos, checked them and ran to pacify her angry bird.

"Arnavji, now I know why you are angry. I am so sorry. Asal mein Pragya aur humare...(Actually Pragya's and mine...)"

Another envelope in her hand made him even more angry, "I dont even want to talk to you, forget listening about your Pragya and group! Tumhe jo karna hai karo par meri ek baat yaad rakhna, tum roogi Khushi, bahut roogi mere bina. Pachtaogi tum, dekh lena!"("I dont even want to talk to you, forget listening about your Pragya and group! Do whatever you want just remember one thing. You 'll weep, you 'll weep badly when you 'll miss me. You 'll regret torturing me! ")

Khushi tried to pull out her pics so that he 'd calm down seeing her photos, give her a moment to explain the goof up but Arnav, the married man didn't want to see photos of another prospective bride. He grabbed the envelope and threw it down from the railing. Her photos landed directly on ground floor. "Okay, I am sorry. Lets go back in the room and discuss", she held her ears. 

Ignoring her peace offer, His Highness started shouting for HP to carry his bag down, not knowing she has sent whole Prakash clan for movie treat as wedding gift. She would need them tonight for grah-pravesh rasam na. Khushi, grah-pravesh 'll happen only when you 'll get married. Stop laughing and focus on the groom. Your roaring tiger doesn't look ready to be dragged to the altar. "Hari-Prakashji ghar par nahi hain(HP isn't home)", she supplied the most important thing needed at the moment. Dusri ladki(another woman) can be dealt later on.

"Did I ask you?", he barked and started dragging his suitcase himself.

"Arrey par humne hi unhe ..."("Arrey but I sent him...")

Stubborn mule cut her off and kept blabbering his own nonsense about her cruelties, at very fast speed as he continued dragging his bag. Khushi dangled his laptop bag from their room's door and shouted, "Arnavji, aap apna pyara laptop to bhool hi gaye!!(you forgot your dear laptop!!)" Arnav gave her a severe glare as he marched towards her and snatched it. Insolent man! Not ready to listen to her explanation par laptop ki baat kitni jaldi sun li!!(Not ready to listen to her explanation but paid attention quickly when its about his laptop!!) She ran and took hold of his suitcase, dragging it back to the room. Why was it so heavy? Was he going for sanyas(retirement) at Kailash? Arnav managed to get hold of it midway. 

"Koi haseena jab rooth jaati hai to aur bhi haseen ho jaati...", she remarked as he adjusted his laptop bag around himself. He passed her a laser glare before resuming his break-walk in the corridor.

"O kithe chaliye gobhi da phool banke, kudiye oops mundiye... ", she followed him, he turned around and stopped her radio.

"Akele akele kahan ja rahe ho, Humein saath le lo jahan j...", she resumed again when he turned back.

"Stop following me like a puppy"

"Pappi chahiye aapko(You want kiss)? Come", she gave him a flying kiss.

"Just Shut up!!!"

"NO!!! When you wont listen to my explanation, I 'll also do whatever I want! You have already ruined all my plans!!!! Arrey Pragya's photos got mix...", she grabbed his suitcase.

"Stop eating my brain and dont you dare hold my bag again!!!"

"Hum to tere aashiq hai sadiyon purane, chahe tu maane,  chahe n..."Arnav glared at her again. "Achha sorry na. Arnavji, ek baar sun to lijiye poori baat!!!(I am sorry na! Arnavji, just listen to my explanation once)",she held his elbow as they reached stairs but he managed free it. 

She had moved past him stood in front of him on stairs, when her leg almost slipped, "Careful dammit!!! Tum seedhi to theek se chal nahi paati, ulti khadi ho gayi ho vo bhi stairs par!! Abhi chot lag jaati to!!(You cant walk straight without accident and you are climbing down stairs, face up!! You could have gotten hurt dammit!!)"

"Humein lagti na, aapko kya? Aap to humari baat hi..."("I 'd be hurt right? How does it matter to you? You are not even listening...")

"Tumhara dimag jo phele se hi itna kharab hai, use aur kharab nahi kar sakte!! "("We cant afford more damage to your already severely damaged brain")

 Ignoring his unwarranted jibe, she held her ears cutely, "Achha ji mein haari, chalo maan jao naa". Arnav side-stepped her carefully and moved down the stairs, "Keep your stupid Bollywood to your stupid-self"

Khushi was getting irritated now. Let him go when he isn't ready to listen to her!!  But its your mistake, her inner voice poked. You would have reacted even worse, had he done it. It must have hurt him immensely that she brought another girl's proposal for him. She has hurt him badly second time straight in jist three days!

Feeling guilty, she ran after him again and hugged him from back in a tight grip,"Na jao saiyaan chhuda ke baiyaan, kasam tumhari main ro padoongi, ro padoongi. Machhal raha hai, suhaag mera, jo tum na hoge to kya karungi, kya karungi......................... I am sorry Arnavji, really sorry...humein maaf kar dijiye", her cheek pressed to his back and her voice was hoarse by the end as her tears soaked his suit jacket.

Defeated, Arnav sighed and turned around. She was sobbing dammit!! He kept aside the bags and wiped her tears, "Kyun kiya tumne ye? Vo bhi aaj? Main aisa kuch karta to acha lagta tumhe?"(Why did you do this? That too today? You would have felt happy, had I done something of this sort?)

Khushi didn't speak a word but opened his laptop bag and held it towards him. Puzzled Arnav looked inside. He took out the shiny objects. They were sindoor and mangalsutra. Clouded with recent happening, his brain didn't catch a detailed look at the re-polished objects or he would have easily identified the two things he knew like back of his hand, "Tumne meri shaadi ke saari preparations karke rakhi hain! Ladki aage wale section mein hogi, hain na?"("So you have aready done all preparations for my marriage! Where is the girl? In first section of my laptop bag?")

Not answering him, she went and collected her fallen photos from ground and held them towards him, without envelope. Arnav started to speak again, so Khushi almost shoved it on his face. He looked at it baffled and she handed him the other two. He turned speechless as he arranged them, his eyes locked to her and mouth hung agape. Was she proposing him? Khushi nodded and closed his mouth gently. This broke his trance and he hugged her tight, whispering,"Yes, yes yes!!!". The three photos had Khushi in bridal filter holding placards of 'Mujhse', 'Shaadi', 'Karoge?'. (Will you marry me?) 

Khushi came out of his arms, explained the goof-up and started crying, "Itni der se bolne ki koshish kar rahi hoon ki envelopes mix ho gaye par aapne kabhi humari baat suni hai? Har waqt gussa gussa gussa!!! Saara surprise bhi kharab kar diya!!!" ("I have been trying to tell you since god knows when that envelopes got mixed. But when have you ever listened to me? Always bursting in anger!!!")

"I am sorry baby", he tried to cup her face even as she struggled in his arms, "Kya surprise hai?(What is the surprise?)"

"Koi surprise nahi hai. Aap to jaa rahe they na? Ruk kyun gaye? Jaiye!"("There is no surprise! You were going away right? Why did you stop? You can go!")

"Baby, I am sorr..."

Khushi dragged his bag towards the front door, "Nahi nahi aap jao. Aap to gusse mein Aloo aur Aru ko bhi chod kar jaa rahe they na?"("No no...you should go. You were abandoning even Aloo and Aru right?")

Arnav hugged her from back, placing his chin on her shoulder, "Main to sirf unki Mummy ko chod kar Lucknow jaa raha tha. kyunki vo mujhse bilkul bhi pyar nahi karti na. Mujhe ghar se nikal rahi hai" ("I was going to Lucknow, leaving their Mummy behind. Coz she doesnt love me at all, she is throwing me out of the house")

"Haan theek hai fir. Jab hum aapse pyar hi nahi karte to humse chipkiye bhi mat!!", she tried to shrug him off.("Thats fine! When I don't love you then don't cling to me")

"But I do. I love you so much baby!!!", he started nuzzling her neck.

 "Poori baat tak to sunte nahi ho kabhi!! Aaye bade I love you so much baby!!!", she made a face, mimicking him. ("Never lets me clear things, never listens to me and he declares - I love you so much baby!!! ")

"Matlab tum to mujhe dusri ladkiyon ka bio-data aur photo de kar pucho - Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada. Are you ready for wedding of the century? Aur main gussa bhi na karun? You think, I should have looked at the photo second time?", he pretended to contemplate.("First you give me photos and bio-data of another girl, then ask me - Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada. Are you ready for wedding of the century? And I shouldn't even get angry about it! You think, I should have looked at the photo second time?")

She turned around swiftly and his collar was in her hands, "Sapne mein bhi mat sochna!(Dont do dare think all this even in dreams)"

He picked her up and carried her back to the hall, "Mujhe zarorat bhi nahi hai(I dont even need to). I have better things to think and dream. My wife has proposed me finally, that too on our wedding anniversary. This unbelievable event calls for the biggest celebration!!!I am so happy today, totally high!!!"

He dropped her on a couch and plopped himself upon her, "And my smart baby has already given off to the staff. Very clever!" He proceeded to start the celebration with a kiss and intoxicated Khushi forgot that she needs to inform him about the wedding plans, that were for today itself. A call interrupted them as Khushi pulled out her phone from her pocket, trying to stop his wandering hands as she put phone on speaker, warning him to behave. It was panditji calling, wondering where were the bride and groom. Khushi told him to wait for an hour. Arnav stopped teasing her, he was baffled at this. He thought they can simply celebrate their anniversary evening as he had pre-planned. He had always wanted to organize a proper traditional wedding for her that she has always dreamed about, believed in. This is least he can give her, she deserves much more.

Khushi explained that her dream has already been fulfilled, "Arnavji, I didnt just want traditional wedding but I wanted a happily married life too. I have realized that having latter is needed much more than the former. With Devi Maiyya's grace, I have a beautiful life today. Ofcourse we fight, argue, cry but at end of the day, I am happy with you in our little world and want it to remain so. Regarding rituals, we have already completed other ceremonies. I want to take Devi Maiyya's blessing to start this new phase without compromising on Aloo's childhood. I dont want him to discover all that at this tender age and get disturbed. We have left it behind and ts better to keep our babies away as long as possible. Aap samjh rahe hain na(You are getting what I am trying to say, right?)?"

Rangrez tune afeem kya hai kha li,
Jo mujhse tu ye pooche ke koun sa rang?
Rangon ka karobaar hai tera,
ye tu hi to jaane, kounsa rang.
.

Dyer, Are you so intoxicated on opium!
Why ask me, what shade now to come undone?
Color and stains is your business of things,
You only know, what shade should you be coloring...

"I understand baby. Its just that... Khushi, I don't want you to compromise on what you want because of my mistakes. Maybe we can wait till our 25th Anniversary? Aloo 'll be matur..."

Khushi told him, how Nani had also suggested same thing few days before. She explained that she 's comfortable and actually eager to complete the rituals. Though its perfectly fine with her, if he isn't sure and wants to wait. Arnav 's more eager than her to get it done. So they were back in their room, getting ready to go to the temple. Arnav in his grey suit over a blue shirt, today cufflinks were her father's, watch gifted by his wife and shoes gifted to him by his in-laws and of course cologne by his Di and Jiju. Khushi was in her red saree. Her ring-finger was finally adorned with her engagement ring just like his. They had fun doing this ritual of exchanging rings with lots of kisses. Her henna-clad hands filled with the first set of bangles he had brought for her along with the bangles her mother-in-law had gifted her(Arnav had already sent back the Malik ancestral(khandani) bangles to Dadi with her exit from RM ten years ago). Khushi's feet had her mother's anklets, she was wearing jewellery Nani had gifted her as Raizada bahu and her favorite jasmine gajra(flower garland) around her bun that her husband helped her to fix. Bride and groom were almost ready. 

Arnav turned away from the mirror, to find fully decked up, heavenly looking Khushi, holding a long stemmed rose in her hand, on her knees beside him! He opened his mouth to protest but she gestured him to stop and he did. Already he had spoiled her picture perfect proposal. No. Actually she herself spoiled it with her unsystematic, poorly organised, utterly cluttered table. He had just lent her a helping hand by not listening to her. Whatever! His wife has asked him to be quiet, he better obey. Also this seems to be very very interesting! In their thirty-five marriage proposals, he was not on his knees for the first time. The view from here was wonderful,  as if he was up above in the world so high... getting proposed by her, his Khushi!!!

Khushi cleared her throat, making a cute adorable Aloo-Aru face, she extended the beautiful red rose towards him. "Thanks Darling", he smiled widely and breathed in the rose. His senses picked up the jasmine merged in it and he knew its origin too. Her cheeks turned pink as he kept his unwavering gaze upon her and smacked a loud kiss upon the rose, not looking away even for a second,"Arnavji!!!!! You are making me nervous. Close your eyes!!!"

"No way!! Look into my eyes and say it"

"Please?",she pouted.

"NO"

"Laad Governor!!!"

"Remember Khushi, you are proposing me. Use only sweet, lovely words to impress me."

"Arnavji...",Khushi whined but he simply shrugged, enjoying it too much. This is life-time opportunity and he ought to make full use of it.

Now, Khushi didnt have guts to say I love you directly,all confidence lost when he was looking at her like that, blatantly, shamelessly. Say whatever is in your mind, he also wants to know it Khushi.

"Hum...humare jo bahut bahut zyada pyare se do bache hain sirf unke liye nahi, jo 11 saal tumne mere intezaar mein guzaare hain sirf unke liye nahi,  hum dono ki families jo ab ek ho chuki hain sirf unke liye nahi, kabhi bhi umeed na chodne ke liye nahi, mere saath ye khoobsurat safar tay karne ke liye nahi, har pal mujhse behad pyar karne ke liye nahi,(she was completely lost in his eyes now)...................Arnav Singh Raizada, I Love You from depth of my soul. Will You Marry me for this reason?... Mujhse Shaadi karoge?", she kept staring at him hopefully, waiting for an answer.

("Not only for our two very beautiful kids , not only for the 11 years you have spent patiently waiting, not only for our families that are a family now, not only for never losing hope, not only for this beautiful journey of eleven years , not only for loving me beyond limits...(she was completely lost in his eyes now)..........................Arnav Singh Raizada, I Love You from the depth of my soul. Will You Marry me for this reason?")

Arnav was mesmerized, lost. Till date, she has confessed it from her eyes, her gestures, in arguments like one they had just downstairs; Many years ago, she had repeated his confession with Hum bhi aapse I Love You dammit but for record she has never directly said I Love You, upfront, to his face. He didn't even know that subconsciously he was waiting to hear this from her. And now he had no words to reply, tell her that he loves her too coz she already knows it. He simply bent down and covered her lips with his own as he tried to tell her, what exactly she had made him feel in this magical, mystical, other worldly moment. This was the strongest connection their souls have ever felt.

Rangrez mere, Rangrez mere,
Tera kya hai asal rang, ab tu ye dikhla de,
Mera piya bhi tu, meri sej bhi tu,
Mera rang bhi tu, rangrez bhi tu,
Meri naiyaa bhi tu, majdhar bhi,
tujh mein
ubarun , tujh mein dooboo,

Teri har ek baat sar aankhon pe,

Mera malik tu, mera sahib tu,
Meri jaa meri jaan, tere haatho mein,
Mera qatil tu, mera munsif tu,
Tere bina kuch sujhe na, Tere bina kuch sujhe na,

O dyer of mine,
What's your own real color? Reveal your shine,
Oh you're my lover, my resting ground is you,
My color and my colorful dyer too,
My sail, my center of ocean,
I sink in you, I come afloat under your beacon
Your every word is my supreme given

You are whom I belong tor and my dearest friend,
My breathing soul is in your able hands,
Oh my murderer, my justice giver
I'm clueless without you forever,

They came up breathless after sometime, "Aapne...ja...awab nahi diya(You haven't replied)", she controlled her heartbeats as she tried to gulp some air into her lungs. 

Arnav's mind now started working overtime and he smirked at her with a raised eyebrow, "Hmmm....Sweetheart, I think I 'll need few hours to decide!!! However, some praises about your handsome hunk of husband may accelerate the process"

How snobbish! Here she is waiting  for answer and he is fanning his high airs, "Rakshas! My knees are paining! I have been in this position for more than fifteen minutes!!! Tum dabaoge raat ko mere pair(you 'll massage my knees tonight)???"

"Ofcourse I will. Dont you already know it baby?", his voice was seductive, extra husky as he trailed a finger on her cheek. Khushi rolled her eyes and removed his hand. She suddenly got an idea, "Fine, take your time. Let me change this saree meanwhile".

Conceited devilish smile on his face got wiped off and his ears perked up at that. Khushi made a serious face, "You said na, you 'll need some hours to think. Mandir 'll get closed in half-an-hour. So, I think I should chang....Arrey kya kar rahe ho(What are you doing?)?"  

Arnav didn't let her complete. He hurriedly bent down to pick her up,"Lets go".

"Par Laad Governorji aapne haan to bola hi nahi abhi tak!!", she 'innocently' remarked, not making any effort to get up from the floor.("But Laad Governorji, you haven't said yes yet")

"Seriously Khushi??? Isnt it yes by default!!!", he hauled her up in his arms. 

Giggling at his reply, she pecked his lips and tried to get down,"Thank you so much baby. Now, let me wear my slippers"

"Koi zarurat nahi hai(Not required). Today, I am not putting you down at all"

"Par Arnavji... humare baal?(But Arnavji...my hairs)", she pretended to set hee hair, batting her eyelashes at him. 

"They are perfect", he dropped a kiss in them, whiffing the smell emanating from jasmine, carrying her out of the house in less than a minute. 

"Humare gaal(My cheeks)?", she touched them and feigned again as he sat down on his seat.

"Softer than red roses", he bent and pecked her cheek while she locked his seatbelt. Arnav chuckled, she was playing his own game with him. His silly copycat forgot that they are not in bed. But she wasnt getting a wink of sleep tonight, he promised himself as he drove them out of RM.

"Humari ankhein(My eyes)?"

He pulled his baby closer and kissing her eyelids,"Bewitching"

"Humari naak(My nose)?", as he parked at the temple. He kissed her cute button nose, "adorable" He reached mandap/altar before she could ask next question. Panditji gave them a disapproving look for being late by half an hour, not knowing that this married/to-be-married couple had fought and made up less than an hour ago. Arora's spy had already done his work for Lucknow telecast. Their excited family, 550 kms away, missed nothing.

The priest started the ceremony with exchange of garlands and then they sat down for further rituals. This time both participants, intent on becoming one, were eager to understand every word, every ritual they performed with their hands enclosed in each other's. The seven steps they walked together in holy presence of Devi Maiyya and Agni(fire) and the seven vows, they made to each other with each step were made in full honesty, with pure intentions(Saptapadi). Next was sindoor and mangalsutra ceremony and not just a crying Khushi's,  even Arnav's emotions were all over the place. He had kept these two things close to his heart for so long. Hoping, one day he 'll get chance/right to give them to their rightful owner. It was second time, he was making her wear them, the first time when they both were extremely happy, proud to be doing this. Their dream come true after a wait of eleven years. He kissed her shining crimson maang in reverence, fingers very proud of filling it with help of a coin. Mangalsutra was also very happy to be back near his heart  in her bosom.

Mera balam rang, mera saajan rang,
Mera kaatik rang, Mera aghan rang, mera phaagan rang,
mera saawan rang,
Pal pal rangte rangte, rangte mere atho pahar manbhaawan rang

My beloved hue, My soulmate shade,
My autumns, my winters, my springs, my rainfalls, color all my seasons, all eight pehers of the day(one peher is 3 hrs) with yourself, with color that you love

He kissed the black-beaded chain in affection, happy to see his dream finally culminating into reality, "Khushi, I may not know the religious value of these two. But I am well aware of the emotions attached. We three have spent eleven years together yet incomplete, waiting for you. They missed you Khushi...they really missed you! We are now complete. And..."

Khushi had missed these three too, very dearly. She wiped his tears, even as her own brimmed and asked, "And...?"

"I Love You Jaan. I Love You so much" , hugged her tight into himself for eternity.

"I Love You Arnavji", she looked up, smiling from his chest. It seems her love for this man is like Universe, eternally expanding, in leaps and bounds.

Meri raah bhi tu, mera rehbar tu,
Mera aqbar tu, mera sarvar tu,

Mera magrib tu, Mera mashrik tu,
Zahid bhi mera, murshid bhi tu,

Ab tere bina main jaun kahan, jaun kahan,
Tere bina tere bina tere bina......

You are my journey, you are my guide,
My riddance, My genesis

My rising sun, the setting sun
My lord is you, my disciple too,

Where could I go without you,
Where could I ever go without you,
Without you...

Extremely satisfied, glowing like anything with happiness dripping from their faces couple was now in RM driveway. Khushi pecked his lips and asked another important question,"Humare pati(My husband)?". Arnav unlocked their seat-belts as he pulled her in his lap for 'You-may-now-kiss-the-bride' wali kiss, not before replying to her question, "Made solely for you"   

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

PRECAP:

"Ye baadal bas garajte hi hain ya barsatein bhi hain?"(Are you just talks or actions too?)

NIGHT IS STILL YOUNG AND NEXT IS LAST CHAPTER. OBVIOUSLY ABOUT : HONEY HONEY KAR SAIYYAN MOON PE PAHUNCH GAYE 😉😉😉 

> Are rituals really very important? Its all about belief. It depends upon what you believe in. Like you can be a theist, atheist or anti-theist. Not doing them is not a crime, rationalizing them isn't but blatantly insulting them is. 

> For me unblemished childhood is most important thing is shaping our personality. But lets not forget, our baggage is our problem not our partner's. Aarav's and Arushi's childhood should be as smooth as possible.

> Mishra uncle had helped Khushi to get teaching job at nearby school, after remarriage fiasco. Ref part 4. Vimla Mausi is neighbor at Laxmi Nagar.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TIME OUT FOR THIS STORY. DONT FORGET TO VOTE BY CLICKING * IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER. COMMENT AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS. AND YEAH, FOLLOW ME TO GET NOTIFICATIONS REGARDING UPDATES.

CHECK MY PROFILE FOR OTHER WORKS.

EVERYONE, PLEASE TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE🙏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 3.7K 4
Cover pic: @Uzma_Farheen (Thanks Di for this amazing Cover!! ) Arnav Singh Raizada known as The Great ASR who protected his family from every odds fa...
76.4K 3.7K 35
Hello Readers! This was originally a Bepannaah/Adiya fanfic, but I am publishing this story as an Arshi fanfic as well. I hope this fandom enjoys thi...
15.5K 1.8K 22
When Khushi Gupta discovers that her biological grandfather has appeared out of thin air and has arranged her marriage with his friend's grandson who...
30.3K 1.9K 13
For most of his life, Arnav Singh Raizada, never imagined he would fall in love or get married. But the impossible happened when Khushi Kumari Gupta...