Horizons of Love✓

By RealityvsDreamss

⚠ Go through Readers' Reviews Section on page 2 and in end of part 40B , it 'll help you decide if story is w... More

About the Story
REVIEW BY READERS
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
NOTE(Very important and not regarding update)
Part 17
NOTE
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21A
Part 21B
NOTE(Point 3 updated)
Part 22
Teaser
Part 23A
Part 23B
Part 23 C
Part 23D
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30A
Part 30B
Part 31
Note[NOT TO BE IGNORED]
Part 32
Part 33 A
Part 33 B
FUN TEASER
Part 33C
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36A
NOTE
Part 36C
Part 37A
Part 37B
Part 38
Q & A
Part 39A
Part 39B
Part 39 C
Part 40 A
Part 40B

Part 36B

8.2K 615 568
By RealityvsDreamss

I FAIL TO UNDERSTAND WHY IS RESPONSE STILL SO POOR. THERE ARE MANY READERS WHO ENCOURAGE ME, TAKE THEIR TIME OUT TO COMMENT GENEROUSLY ON EACH CHAPTER, PRESENT THEIR HONEST REVIEWS AND I THANK THEM FROM BOTTOM OF MY HEART. THEY ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE KEPT ME GOING EVEN AFTER POOR READER RESPONSE IN GENERAL. THEY ARE THE ONES FOR WHOM I STAY UP AT NIGHT AND STILL FEEL SO HAPPY ABOUT IT. REALLY REALLY THANK YOU GUYS.

TO OTHERS I HAVE QUESTIONS TO ASK. HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO VOTE ON A CHAPTER IF YOU LIKED IT OR WRITE A COMMENT/MSG ABOUT YOUR OPINION ON IT? DID I EVER ASK YOU NOT TO CRITICIZE? DO IT IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE. HUNDREDS ADD BOOK TO THEIR READING LISTS BUT DONT VOTE OR COMMENT ON A SINGLE PART! THIS CHAPTER-WISE WRITING IS FOR A REASON AND THAT IS WRITER-READER INTERACTION WHICH I M SORRY TO SAY BUT IS VERY DISAPPOINTING HERE. 

YES, NO ONE TOLD ME TO WRITE A STORY, I STARTED ON MY OWN BUT NOW WITH JOURNEY OF SO MANY CHAPTERS, SPENDING SO MUCH OF MY TIME ON IT(I DONT GET CHAPTERS IN DREAMS AND JUST TYPE THEM OUT), FACING PLAGIARISM AND MANAGING IT ALL WITH MY HARSH PROFESSIONAL LIFE(ESP AFTER COVID 19), I THINK I HAVE RIGHT TO ATLEAST AN OPINION FROM EVERY SINGLE READER. I BELIEVE WATTPAD TO BE A SYMBIOTIC PLATFORM. THERE IS VOTE, COMMENT AND MSG BUTTONS FOR A REASON. USE THEM.

YOU THINK I HAVE LOST IT THEN LET IT BE, I DONT CARE ANYMORE. I HAVE KEPT PATIENCE FOR 47 UPDATES. THANK YOU. LETS CONTINUE THE STORY

NOT PROOFREAD. I typed in hurry, so may have many mistakes. Will correct them tomorrow.

Recap:

Khushi smiled one last time as her face scrunched in deep pain and her eyes closed in eternal sleep. Her hand slipped out from under his. His cheek now cold and wet, with a continuous loud beep echoing in his ears.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Khushi...Khushiiiii...Khushieeee", Arnav's impatient whispers and increasing pressure of his grip on her hand broke her sleep. Khushi tried to soothe him but his whimpers didn't decrease. She then shook him, trying to wake him up. It seems he was having a nightmare. It was 1 am in night. Arnav opened his eyes, looked at her and shouted, "KHUSHI!!!!" and dropped his eyes close. Aarav woke up too with the loud sound to find Mumma trying to shake Daddy awake. Terrified Khushi realised he had fainted. Arnav got only little semblance back with water drops and they both set him in a better position. Khushi quickly composed her nervousness, asking Aarav to calm down too. It was not time to panic. Not in position to get off bed swiftly, she indicated Aloo to dial Chachu from Papa's phone and walk to Bua's room, that was nearest. She dialed Arnav's physician from hers, rubbing his hands for warmth as she checked his sugar levels. It came out fine and she informed doctor who was already on his way.

Aloo gathered everyone in room within two minutes. Arnav's BP measured very low and doctor who was on line asked them to feed him salt water or a strong coffee to raise it quick. Arnav got back consciousness after sometime and Doctor checked his vitals injecting him with a dose. With all information, he concluded it was due to shock, probably due to nightmare itself coz his routine tests had been all fine. Everyone got to know about Arnav's fear regarding her delivery and tried to reassure him of no complications. Arnav felt bad for scaring everyone, esp his babies but the ugly dream had been too vivid, almost real, like he wouldn't survive anymore. He heaved a sigh of relief to find her near him, all safe and sound but for how long?

Aarav slept after sometime but other two didn't get even a wink of it, busy in their thoughts. Next morning, Mamaji had a talk with Khushi regarding it as Arnav and Aarav slept some more. Khushi had planned a different solution but Mamaiji's advice seemed, a better and permanent solution for his fears. By DM's grace she never had mental blockade for this one. 

Arnav could understand her anxiety coz of his nightmare. He tried to keep his physical health all fine but Khushi could read his restlessness, easily.He was tormented. Determined, she took another step forward in their relationship. Another milestone in their journey of forever.

She took him his mother's garden. The place, she knew ll give him peace. She can sit in car outside if he would hesitate to take her inside. Its location near Aravalli Biodiversity Park was best to watch sunrise and meditate(Mamaji had suggested it). 

"Khushi ye sab rasmein... ye jo kuch bhi hum kar rahe hai...ek hone ke liye...ye sab apni jagah hai...lekin mere liye aaj iss waqt tumhe yahan laane ka matlab hai...ki hum ek ho gaye...tum aaj se meri patni ho...meri Maa ki bahu"(All the rituals we are doing to become husband and wife have their place and meaning. However for me, today Khushi you are my wife and my mother's daughter-in-law)

Arnav didn't have courage to enter inside with Khushi by his side. Yes, he had been coming here every year but it was second time she was with him. First was when he had accepted her as his wife, his mother's bahu at this place. In return she had asked him to promise that they 'll come here after getting married, to get blessings from her. What had happened after some days? No marriage, no blessings, no promises. Only insults and venom.He had forgotten all the teachings of his mother and gone ahead to destruct his life. It must be so hard for Khushi to come here again, after what all had happened between them. How can she be so sacrificing? This going to extremes, hurting herself for him is her biggest flaw. "Khushi you know, compromising to make someone happy is a human's biggest weakness. You dont need to make so many sacrifices for me. Come inside the day your heart allows"

Khushi held his hand as he turned to go back to the car, "Aur agar hum kahein(what if I say), its not a compromise but another step forward? Another step towards embracing happiness?"

"Arnavji good memories at times give us pain too, I agree, but given a chance we ll always choose to live them again. Maa ll help you find peace in this disturbed state. Go inside" 

Arnav could only wonder if its possible to fall in love with her more and more every single day. Why was she so good? They have been participating in each other's parents barsi(death anniversary) pooja every year in silent understanding and now this. She was really one pure soul. His salvation!

har safar har jagah
har kahin ban gaye
maante the khuda
aur haan wahi ban gaye

every journey, every place,
everywhere you became..
I thought of you as God,
and you have become God only..

Khushi didn't know he was almost revering her in his thoughts. She was being like any other normal human being, so love, compassion and happiness seemed natural to her. She had once again fallen in love with this place and actually wanted to go inside but was apprehensive to tell him, "This place is my sweet memory. I can still feel the excitement that I felt when we came here for the first time. It is a beautiful place and I wish I can come here again and again. Only if you don't have problem", she hurriedly added last line.

"Why would I have problem? I mean...I thought you wouldn't like coming here again! Let me be clear Khushi, this is your mother-in-law's garden, not mine. You have all rights to come here! With me, without me. I think Mumma would have problem with me coming here after what I have done in her name."

Khushi stopped him from going to another guilt trip, "Maa ko koi problem nahi hai. Agar vo mana karti to hum aapko yahan laate hi nahin"("Mumma has no problem or I wouldn't have brought you here") She said it as if she was a frequent visitor!

They entered inside as Arnav asked her, "Acha! Aur tumhari Maa se ye baat kab hui? She forgave me, Khushi? Mujhe to laga tha tum unse bhi naraaz ho par tum nahi ho. Thankyou"("Really? And when did you talk to Mumma? She forgave me, Khushi? I thought you were angry with her but you are not. Thankyou"  )

"Hum unse kyun naraaz hote? Hum to roz raat ko poolside par baat karte hain unse, apne Amma Babuji se!"("Why would I be angry with her? I talk to her and my parents every night at poolside ")

"Really? What do you guys talk?", Arnav asked amused.

Her reply was prompt, "Hum sab mil kar aapki burai karte hain vo Lavanyaji kya kehti hain...haan bitching karte hain! Iss se zyda interesting topic kya hoga? Maa aur hum shikayat karte hain aapki, Amma Babuji sunte hain!"("In La's words, we 'bitch' about you as it is most interesting topic! Me and Maa team up complaining about you and my parents listen to that.")

"Tum sach mein pagal ho Khushi!"("You are truly mad Khushi!")

"Vo to jab hum dono marr jayenge tab pata chalega. Upar jaa kar achi pitayi honi hai aapki Chotey! Maa maarengi, hum, Amma Babuji hasenge!"("You ll know it when we go up after death when Maa ll beat you up and I, Amma Babuji ll laugh all along")

Arnav laughed imagining Khushi complaining against him and his mother thrashing him for her just like childhood days. The thought of them dying together didn't cause the same reaction as his nightmare. It felt like no change, no loss, as if it would be very easy. What about Aarav and Arushi? Their children ll live forever. Nothing would harm them. They 'd be all grown up, in their 80s by the time their parents(Arshi) ll die, responsible enough to live by themselves.  "Khushi promise me. Whenever we die, we die together."

"Aap ko kya ho jaata hai ye!", frustrated with her failed efforts, Khushi sat aside on a bench miffed.("What's wrong with you suddenly!")

Arnav sat beside her and cupped her face very close, "Mujhe darr lagta hai dammit! Tumhe khone se bahot darr lagta hai mujhe!! You have no bloody idea, maine kya dekha hai kal raat! Mujhe laga sab khatam ho gaya. Koi tumhe mujhe alag kaise kar sakta hai?"("I get scared dammit! I am so scared of losing you! You have no bloody idea, what I dreamt yesterday! I thought its over! How can someone try to separate us?")

"Arnavji, Aap... ", Khushi tried to make him understand that his fears are baseless. This level of attachment to her is not healthy for him. God forbids, if something really happened to her, she wants him to live happily, move on someday. 

He unsuccessfully tried to gulp the lump formed in his throat, "Main tumhe nahi kho sakta...kisi keemat par nahi. Tum itni si baat nahi samjh sakti!!!!",("I can't lose you, not for anything. Can't you understand such a simple thing!!") he was shouting by the end, "Promise me Khushi, whenever we die, we die together". He knows he can lay down his life for his babies but even for their sake, he won't be able to breathe in a Khushi-less world. Call him selfish but he is helpless here. He knows for a fact that he can't survive without her.

What was he saying. Why would she wish him to die if she died? How can she allow it? And what about their babies? No, she can't promise it. And this whole talk is as baseless as his fears of her dying in delivery room! Why would she die when they have such a beautiful life. Why would DM take it away from her? She looked at his earnest face, as if her answer was matter of life and death for him. You know Khushi, you ll live another 150 years, Aloo and Aru ll be all grown up. 

She wanted to say yes even if this seems most selfish promise in this world, in bad light as parents. He was her everything and she wont deny him this simple thing. So, going against her very nature of caring more for others, of always wishing for his longevity, she promised with her puckered mouth (her cheeks were cupped in his hands still), "I promise. We ll live together, die together and eat together"

haan hum badalne lage
girne sambhalne lage
jab se hai jaana tumhein
teri ore chalne lage

I began to change,
began to fall, and be steady..
since I have known you,
I have started to move toward you..

Arnav laughed at 'eat together'. Ofcourse when person in question is Khushi, eating has to be part of even most serious discussions.  He kissed her lips in thanks. Now her doctor's 5 o'clock assurance that in worst case, she ll go for hysterectomy felt convincing. Khushi agreeing for C-section to assuage his fears felt convincing. World seemed brighter again. 

Khushi observed his changing expressions. From agitated to much more calmer. Had it not been so serious and delicate matter, she would have asked him why only she died in his dreams and nobody else! What about that Sheetal? Did she ever die of some peanut allergy, or fell in a drain as dog chased her down or even better hit her nose on pole as she walked with her eyes on him. Wait! Why the hell should he even dream about her? No! That's a stupid idea Khushi. Arnav Singh Raizada should only dream about Khushi Gupta and that too sweet ones - like feeding her juicy, yummy jalebis with his own hands! Haaye!!! She got busy in her own sweet syrupy world.

"Khushi! Khushi!", Arnav shook her out of her dreamland.

"Kya hai!!", she barked irritated. He isn't any prince feeding princess but beast, always disturbing beauty's daydreams about jalebi-land.If she can't eat them then she can atleast imagine them in such a beautiful setting. ("What!!!")   

"Are you deaf?"

"Yes, I am deaf and you are spoilsport!"

They spent some more time bickering in the garden and Khushi shared her plans of watching sunrise and meditation here daily. She offered that he can focus on his mother, sun or nature instead of God during it. Within ten days, Arnav could feel a change in him. It improved his concentration and  brought a brand new positivity, freshness in him. He could feel better connected with his mother and his thoughts about the tragedy were better arranged. Planting new saplings and meditation both helped him to reconcile with her death. He felt the eternal connection between them was strengthening everyday. Khushi was most wonderful thing that has happened to him, solution to his every problem. He could now realize why his sister spent time alone in temples besides the poojas. Maybe it helps her similarly. 

Also, his stress regarding delivery had reduced immensely. Khushi kept him engaged as much as possible, demanding him to do everything even the tiniest tasks for her. Things improved as days passed with a sunrise everyday without fail.

Sunrise: A new beginning, new hope, a new start.

**********

Arnav woke up rubbing his eyes to find Khushi standing before mirror, in her all white ensemble, checking her waist and looks. It was a task to wake her up daily at 6 but Holi was a different thing altogether. Madam raat bhar soyein na excitement mein! She is such a kid! (She wouldnt even get sleep in excitement of Holi)

"Tum subah subah ye kya kar rahi ho?"("What are doing there early morning ?"). It was actually 10 o'clock. Loud punjabi beats from lawn could be heard even in their room.

"Hum kitne chubby ho gaye hain na? Ekdum cute gol-matol!"("I am become so chubby right? Round and cute!!")

"Yeah. You are my hot penguin", Arnav wrapped his arms around her from back, feigning he couldn't bring his hands together. He knew what she 'll do next and that was the purpose. Khushi grabbed his hands and entwined them across herself to show that she hasn't widened that much as he was indicating, "Aaram se aa rahi hain, nautanki Laad Governor!" ("They still easily enclose, Dramaqueen LG!")

Arnav hugged her properly, laughter bubbling inside him at her innocence. She falls for his tricks every single time. He nuzzled her neck, "Khushi tum itni cute kyun ho, so naive!"("Khushi why are you so naive?")

"You mean bewakoof (foolish) right? Actually I m not naive but you are a cunning fox! Like you intentionally got up late today and now wasting time here, so that you don't have to come out for Holi. Aarav 's already out in lawn with Jiji. I am also going out to keep watch over him"

"No! You are not running here and there, playing with colors. Just sit ...", he immediately stood straight.

"I know Laad Governor! I wont drink bhang, run or play with water.(She turned to face him) Breaking news is today you are going to play Holi instead of me. You 'll be Khushi and I ll be Arnav. I ll click pictures, enjoy delicacies and watch from sidelines like a good girl. So go and freshen up fast!", she pushed him towards bathroom.

"Khushi, I am doing no such thing. I AM NOT PLAYING HOLI AND THATS FINAL"

She didn't reply, didn't need to coz whole world  knows what 'll happen in end. K = 1, A = 0 as usual.

Arnav opened the bathroom door after sometime to take his clothes from cupboard and found her standing at the door like a guard, sorry a fat guard with an oil bottle and his clothes in hand. She thrust them in his, "Aarav akele kaise sabko color karega? You have to help him as a team. Thode se gulaal aur paani se koi ghis nahi jaoge aap!"("How 'll Aarav single-handedly color everyone? You have to team up and help him. A little bit of gulaal and water wont harm you")

"I 'll not play colorful joker and that's final"

"Theek hai, then I 'll have run after everyone in my 8th month with this huge belly!!", she sighed  dramatically, caressing Aru.

"I 'll do it!!", he gritted. He can't let her play nor he can let his Aloo play alone with all those fools. Who the hell invented this idiotic festival!! He came out dressed in white kurta, all shining in coconut oil and stood before her demanding her to close the buttons. He was doing her work and this was the price. 

She grinned ear to ear as she did his buttons, "Vaise aap humari baat maante huye kitne ache lagte hain naa! Ekdum joru..."("You look so good obeying me ! Like a henp...")

"I 'm not joru ka gulaam!"("I 'm not henpecked husband") [joru : wife and gulaam : slave]

"Aap ho!"("You 're!!"), she laughed at his pink face.

"NO!!!"

"Yes...yes...yes", Khushi turned his cheeks red rubbing organic gulaal on them, giggling at his expense, "Happy Holi joru ke gulaam!!", her eyes glittering in mischief as she colored the angry tip of his nose.

Arnav smirked wildly as something struck him and pulled her close, rubbing his cheek with her, making her's red too, "Happy Holi Joruji!" He proceeded to color other one too. His stubble and color turning her entire cheek red. He rubbed red tip of his nose on her belly and kissed his daughter, "Happy Holi, munchkin"

He stood up with a smug ASR smile and entwined his hands at back of her neck, his arms on her shoulders. Now, she was trapped in her own words. Their posture was funny coz even with almost one hand distance her tummy was touching his front, "So, Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, finally tumne maan hi liya ki tum meri joru ho!" ("So Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, finally you agreed that you are my wife!")

"Chodo mujhe!", Khushi was not happy with this suddenly turned tables. She had said that to pull his leg not hers DM!! Was she really the stupid one? Why did he always have answer ready for everything!!! Everything backfires on her every single time!! That's not fair at all!!! ("Leave me")

A laughing Arnav instead picked her up, teasing a puffed up Khushi as he carried her downstairs, "Joruji, aap gussa badi jaldi ho jaati hain!! Aapki ye laal naak, kya kaatil hai!!! Uff!!!" ("Wifey! You get angry so easily and your red nose looks killer. Uff!!")

"Humein neeche utarye, hum chal sakte hain!!!" ("Put me down, I can walk")

"Arey aap kaisi baat kar rahi hain? Ye gulaam apni joru ke hasin pair zameen par kaise padne de sakta hai, maile ho jayenge na!!" ("How can I allow my wife's beautiful feet to be put on floor, they 'll become untidy!!")

Khushi was shocked. Arnav and movie dialogues was more impossible than impossible itself. She feared someone catching them like this. They were in corridor and she could hear voices from living room. "Aapko kya ho gaya hai? Arnavji vo bas mazak tha. Utariye humein." Arnav was enjoying her flustered state too much. The way she was trying to hide her blush under gulaal and trying to appear all serious. Her eyes anyways gave her away shyness. He was in full naughty mood now and moved his face closer for a kiss. Khushi panicked, "Pagal ho gaye ho kya? Koi dekh lega, hum corridor mein hain. Jaldi utaro mujhe!!" ("What has happened to you? Arnavji, I was just joking. Put me down. Have you turned mad? Someone 'll see, we are in corridor. Put me down!!!")

He brushed her nose with his, "No baby...shaam savere ab main joru joru kahunga...main joru ka gulaam...banke rahunga"("No baby. I'll chant my wife's name from morning to evening. I'll be my wife's slave")

They had already reached hall in this banter and this last line was heard by all elders sitting in hall.

"Bitwa, chilla chilla ke bataye ki kono zarurat naa hi hai. Kaa hai ki, hum sabko ee baat phele din se hi maloom rahi", Mamaji teased them and everybody broke into a wild laugh. Arnav had still not put her down.("Arnav you dont need to shout it out loud. Everyone already knows it since long ")

Thoroughly embarrassed Khushi tugged, glared at him. Arnav put her down as he saw her father was also sitting there, "Mamaji vo..."

"Ee ma sharmaye ki kono baat nahi hi hai bitwa. Par tanik dhyan rakha karo, oo ka kahat hain, haan 'peer pressure'! Peer pressure kaafi badh jaat hai tumre Mama par", he gestured towards Mami who glared at her husband. Everyone laughed as they continued poking fun at both Mami and Khushi.("There is nothing to be embarrassed about. But you should be a little careful coz it increases peer pressure on your poor Mamaji")

Nani gestured him and Arnav wished everyone Holi, taking their blessings with specific colors Khushi had told him. His family wished him back excitedly and then he went to Guptas. Sasuma(green) and Buaji(orange) were friendly and non-intimidating for him. But his wife's father/ his father-in-law(green) was another case. For all those two three smiles he had passed to him till date, Arnav was still scared of him, not knowing how to interact. His equation was not similar to Akash's. Arnav touched his feet to take blessing and wished him hesitantly. Yes, ASR's hands trembled coloring him. Till date FIL had only nodded to his greetings and queries about health and nothing else, understandably so! His awkwardness dimmed when Babuji took red color and applied it on his face for first time in 5 Holis. Maybe, Aru's arrival has caused this change. 

He could see Khushi breathe a sigh of relief at that. He smiled at her in reassurance. Irrespective of her own equation with husband, a tense relationship between him and her father is something, no woman wants. Also, it was not healthy for Aloo and Aru that Nanu hated their father. Arnav had no complaints even with aloof behaviour coz he was now father of two kids himself. He can understand the emotions there.

Garima diffused the tension asking everyone to join the celebrations in lawn. They all went out and Khushi informed everyone that Arnav was playing in her place today. It had everyone super-excited. Three people wanted to take revenge for his childhood pranks and it was perfect chance to color Arnav beyond identification. Everyone enjoyed Holi with chants of 'O parameshwar', ' Wooh sankadev', 'Yo tilchatta', being loudest as they poked fun at new Khushi. Arnav's boyish carefree antics were a much needed break and new thing for Aloo coz Daddy had acted as helper in past, by filling up balloons, water gun but never as partner like Mumma. Anjali and Payal were on their hit list with NK La, Buaji, his godmother in their team against Akash, Anjali, Payal, Mama, Mami and Nani on other. Arnav, the novice was their target most of the times and everybody had great laugh revenging ASR. It was fun to watch a clueless Arnav attacked from all sides and an unrecognizable Aarav trying to save his Daddy from being thrown into the water tub. 

pehchaante hi nahi ab log tanha mujhe
meri nigaahon mein bhi hain dhoondhte wo tujhe
hum they dhoondhte jise wo kami ban gaye
tum mere ishq ki sar-zameen ban gaye

now people don't recognize me when I am alone,
they look for you even in my eyes..
the one I used to search, you have become that lacking in my life,

you have become the territory of my love..

 Khushi clicked pictures( > 50% were selfies) for Aru to show her in later years, memories from the first Holi of her life. She sat beside her father and they laughed and took as many photos as they could of all these monkeys as they enjoyed the day thoroughly.She enjoyed mischievous father-son painting others black and blue. Khushi assured Arnav from time to time that she was all fine. She really wanted him to enjoy these few hours to the fullest without a thing to worry about. Arnav Singh Raizada and not worried was a rare thing. 

The day turned out to be so good as she spent time chatting with her Babuji on letter pad about random things, learning new things about life. Anjali and Payal had already discussed the sweets section with him for their three restaurants. They were chalking out an implementation plan syncing it with his speech therapy sessions. Khushi had been watching recipe videos with him with twin purpose of learning new skills and appeasing her eyes when stomach was full with her private chef's recipes.

Parents have a special ability of understanding unspoken words of their children, even when children are grown up adults. Shashi knew she was skirting around an issue since the day he had started writing. She didn't know how to talk regarding it - His opinion about her decisions regarding Arnav. Till now he had always patted, smiled, nodded whenever she wanted to know her parents view point about her relationship with him. Amma's stand was clear but Babuji's was not. She wanted some words now especially after her baby shower performance. He smiled at her and penned down a letter in now fluent strokes. Khushi  tried to peep in, almost hanging onto her father's arm still not able to get a word. Shashi laughed as she pouted and gestured her to keep patience. He smiled writing the last line and gave her the piece of folded paper and went away to meet and greet his acquaintances.

******

"Zindagi do tarike se jee sakte hain Khusi - has kar ya ro kar; galat seh kar ya uske khilaf awaz utha ke ; aage badh kar ya wahin ruk kar ; pyar karke ya nafrat karke; kuch bana kar ya bigaad kar. Choice is always yours and so are the consequences of that choice.Take decisions with cool mind without causing hurt. 

Hum to hamesha apni bitiya ke saath khade they, hain aur rahenge, har paristithi mein. You just keep coloring my butterfly, I am there to hold your palette. Always.

PS : Ignore English mistakes. Tumhare LG ke jaisin pattar pattar abhi naa hi seekh paaye hain. 

Humko tumhari pasand theek theek lagti hai, Payalia wale tanik sharmile hain. 

Ek baar phir Holi Mubarak ho humari bitiya aur uski bitiya ko. Apne LG ko bhi padh ke suna dena, humse darre ki koi zarurat na hi hai jab tak humari bitiya ko pareshan na kari hain. Ee sab hum apne naate naatin ki khatir kar rahe hain, phele hi bataye rahe hain. "

There are two ways of living life Khushi. You can spend it - in sadness or happiness ; by suffering at someone's hands or raising your voice against it ; by moving on or getting stuck at a point; busy loving people or hating them; in construction or destruction. Choice is always yours and so are the consequences of that choice. Take decisions with cool mind without causing hurt. 

Never doubt my support. You 'll always find your father standing with you yesterday today tomorrow, in every phase of life. Just keep coloring my butterfly, I am there to hold your palette. Always.

PS: Ignore English mistakes. I m still in learning phase not so perfect like your LG. Your choice is ok ok but Payal's is a bit shy. 

Happy Holi once again to my daughter and grand daughter. Read it to your LG too and tell him not to be scared of me if he doesn't trouble my daughter. I m letting it all go for my grandkids only.

****

Khushi hugged her parents tight in happiness when they came back to sit beside her. She has really got the bestest parents in this world. 

Later at night, she gave the letter to Arnav. He gulped in nervousness as he realised it was from her father, sighed in relief that it was for her, relaxed as he read that ok ok line, burst out in laughter at funny comparison with Akash and became teary at the last line. Approval of her father may not have seemed most important before today. But at present moment Arnav realised a huge relief, satisfaction coursing through his body. A piece of peace has returned back. The man has once again approved his daughter's choice and it was him again - Her choice. And being her choice matters him the most.

haan hansi ban gaye
haan nami ban gaye
tum mere aasmaan
meri zameen ban gaye

you have become (my) laughter,
you have become the wetness (of my eyes),
you have become my sky
and my earth..

Khushi smiled as he hugged her whispering his Thank yous. She could understand what he felt that moment. She has experienced it when his family had accepted her on one such Holi four years ago. It may not bother you if  people do not accept you but it pleases immensely when someone does.

Babies are beginning of many things - wonder, dream, hope of possibilities. 

Many parents forgive the hurt their eloped children have caused them just for sake of their grandkids. That huge is power of new borns. Many new parents start respecting their parents much more when they realise the meaning, sacrifices and unconditional love attached to the word 'parents'. Such huge is the power of new borns.

Aarav means Peaceful,  Arushi means First ray of rising Sun; Khushi means Happiness and Arnav means Ocean. Aloo brought them peace in turbulent times and Aru brought light and hope in their relationship.

Khushi's nightmares 'll normally be related to car accidents, darkness, claustrophobic spaces and high-speeds coz she has experienced it in her parents case. The reason behind her extreme panic and no sense of anything during Arnav's car accident. Arnav's would be more about blood, betrayal, gunshots, incomplete weddings coz he has experienced it in his mother's and Aarav's birth. Nightmare was projection of what happened during Aarav's birth.

Again I 'll repeat it. Our baggage is our problem, others can help us, understand us but it doesn't give us right to misbehave with others. Most criminals have some history associated with their abnormal behavior and yet that 'll never absolve them. 

THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TIME OUT FOR THIS STORY. FOLLOW ME TO GET NOTIFICATIONS REGARDING UPDATES.

Check my profile for one shots

1. The Breakable 

2. Pride and Pride

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.8K 6.6K 23
Justice, or khushi's journey. Khushi who had been born and brought up in a very wealthy family, she was loved by all, she was happy.. but her destin...
15.5K 1.8K 22
When Khushi Gupta discovers that her biological grandfather has appeared out of thin air and has arranged her marriage with his friend's grandson who...
30.3K 1.9K 13
For most of his life, Arnav Singh Raizada, never imagined he would fall in love or get married. But the impossible happened when Khushi Kumari Gupta...
446K 15.5K 29
(IPKKND AU) In love with his brother-in-law's mistress, Arnav Singh Raizada is torn between his duties as a brother and his feelings for a woman who...