Avant-Pop Literary Magazine

By AvantPop

Welcome! Here, we will feature interviews, spotlights, news, short stories, poems, and more from the world of... More

Introduction + How to be featured
Table of Contents: Issue #1 [May-June 2020]
Author Spotlight: @desrelly
Author Interview: @desrelly
Poem: forecast by @mxyellows
Author Interview: @JonaElliot
Excerpt: Lawrence Looks For Treasure by @JonaElliot
Author Interview: @amaranthinepoetry
Essay: A Gateway by @amaranthinepoetry
Author Interview: @DavidEAnderson100
Short Story: The Wake by @writeyourname97
Author Interview: @NicholasNicoBrown
Table of Contents: Issue #2 [November-December 2020]
November/December 2020: Introduction
A Portrait of the Artist as a Middle-Aged Voyager
Wash Away
The Only Escape
Curbside Prophecy
Aunt Nifa
Excerpt: The Funeral by @amaranthinepoetry
Author Interview: @jastelosphere
The Avant-Pop Awards

May/June 2020: Introduction

66 9 3
By AvantPop

Here we are, finally, the inaugural edition of the Avant-Pop Literary Magazine!

I must say, when I first announced this project and an issue to be released by the end of May, I thought I was being foolishly ambitious. With barely one month of our profile's existence behind, and 30+ followers, I couldn't expect big things for sure.

But boy, was I ever proven wrong! Thanks to all these amazing authors who loved the opportunity to be featured on this issue, we have an incredible lineup for this month. We have five exclusive interviews, a short story, a poem, and an essay. It doesn't get any better than that for the first edition.

I've been so happy throughout this month with the positivity and engagement of readers and writers, and the amount of interest shown in our profile and our goals. I'm happy to read that some people have found a new home in Avant-Pop, and amazing authors have discovered each other thanks to our reading lists.

Thanks to this, we have also been able to launch our first contest in collaboration with our sister profiles: TheWarriorGoddess , CommunityInteractive and SeaOfPositivity . Check them out if you wish, they're pretty awesome profiles made by pretty awesome people!

At the time of my writing this, our contest, 'Welcome to the World' is still open, with the closing date being May 30, 2020. If you haven't checked it out yet, now is the time.

That being said, welcome everyone to issue #1 of the Avant-Pop Literary Magazine! We hope you enjoy your stay. If you have feedback of any kind, do leave a comment. And remember, support your fellow authors!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 7.3K 130
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
63.8K 2.9K 19
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
65.8K 1.7K 27
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
14K 774 29
Y/N is reincarnated in HI3rd as her/his favorite character, Houraiji Kyuushou. She finds herself in Nagazora, and starts to explore it, trying to fin...