Queen of Dragons

By Tayawriting

Hermione Granger/Charlie Weasley This story is set in the 6th year of the golden Trio. Hermione and Charlie... More

Chapter 1: The Meeting
Chapter 2: Introduction
Chapter 3: Late Night Encounters
Chapter 4: Falling Asleep
Chapter 5: Mornings and awkward Breakfasts
Chapter 6: Old Friends
Chapter 7: Expecto Patronum
Chapter 8: Dumbledore
Chapter 9: A Reason To Smile
Chapter 10: The Walk
Chapter 11: Favourite Person
Chapter 12: Crush
Chapter 13: Magical Adoption
Chapter 14: Rubber Ducks
Chapter 16: A comforting Hug
Author's Note
Chapter 17: A Not so Flawless Execution
Chapter 18: Apparently brewing tea is difficult for misogynists, who knew?

Chapter 15: The Plan

5.7K 140 48
By Tayawriting

"Anyways." She sighed. "We should discuss the plan, don't you think?"

It was a rhetorical question, still Sirius felt the need to answer.

"Why yes Hermione, that's why we are here isn't it?"

Hermione gave him a look that probably said- of course, stupid- or -are you serious- which he was of course, there wasn't a time when he couldn't be.

"Idiot." She grumbled under her breath.

Remus snorted.

"As you all know, we have to protect Harry and that's why you are all coming with us. Better safe than sorry." She began. "We have two ways to get there, as Mr. Weasley has sat up a floo connection we could floo there, but we don't know whether the Dursleys or someone else barricaded the fireplace or not. If it was closed the muggle way, we could blast the barricades open." She smirked. "Although that would defeat the purpose of intimidating them by portraying ourselves as lawyers and detectives, which was my plan all along."

"We are impressed, Miss Granger." The twins complimented.

She grinned at them.

"The second way is apparating. At the local playground are high bushes that we could apparate behind, we would have to walk to Number 4 Privet Drive which wouldn't take longer than 5 minutes. Once we are there, everybody will have their task. Fred and George, I would love for you to set up some little pranks."

Fred and George high fived.

"Now don't go overboard and don't do anything too horrible and nothing lethal."

They grinned at her.

"Heard that, Forge?"

"Of course, Gred."

"But do me a favour..."

They looked at her expectantly.

"What would that be?" George asked.

"Switch salt and sugar in the kitchen."

Everyone looked at her. Sirius blinked before the pranksters burst into laughter.

"Wicked!" The twins spoke in unison.

"Remus and Charlie will help Harry pack."

They nodded.

"Does that mean what I think that it means, kitten?"

"Yes, Snuffles."

He smirked at her.

"We will be letting of some steam and I will finally get the opportunity to give them a piece of my mind!" A wicked smirk graced her features. "And it won't be pretty."

He smirked back.

"When we get into the house you will just have to follow my lead, I like to improvise. Also, if I am suddenly overcome by a fit of psychopathic rage, you must hold me back, so that nobody gets killed, okay?"

"Do we have to?" Sirius whined.

Hermione glared at him.

"Yes, Sirius!" Remus exclaimed.

He pouted.

"Fine."

Hermione shook her head.

"We apparate back and seal the floo. Any questions?"

"Yes, so by the science of deduction or mere observation I have gathered that Harry is in an abusive household and Professor Dumbledore somehow is forcing him to stay there, I would like to know the following; what kind of abuse is Harry facing? Who is living in the house with him? Are there wards, if yes what kinds? Why is Dumbledore letting him stay there? And what did you tell him to get Harry out of there? Additionally, does Sirius have to transform into a dog while we walk there?" Charlie rambled.

Hermione looked at him like he was an angel. She beamed at him.

"Thank you for asking Charlie, at least I know now that someone is interested in what I say."

He smiled at her.

"Well to answer your questions, Harry is forced to endure child neglect, emotional abuse, verbal abuse and maybe even physical abuse, although we are not so sure about the last one."

Charlie looked horrified while everyone else looked grim.

"He lives with his aunt Petunia who was Lily's sister, Vernon Dursley her husband and their son Dudley." Remus continued.

"They hate magic and everything that is in their eyes abnormal." Sirius added.

"Dumbledore once told Harry that there were Blood wards around the house and that's why he had to stay there. But why is Harry needed for the blood wards when Petunia shares his blood? You don't need to have magic in you to keep them upright and people who don't share their blood shouldn't be able to cross them, but many did. That begs the question if the house even has wards? Probably not, the only protection that they have is their neighbour and Order member Arabella Figg who is a squib that breeds half-kneazles." Hermione explained. "I, of course will add wards or change them if necessary."

Charlie nodded.

"As for Dumbledore, he is afraid of me. Don't even ask, I can only repeat myself, the truth never stays hidden."

Everyone was intrigued. There was no doubt for Remus and Sirius, they knew she would tell them eventually. The twins looked at each other, they wanted to find out what she was talking about. Charlie simply let it go for the time being.

"And yes, Sirius you will have to transform until we are inside the house. But to make you feel better, you can give them a good fright."

The Animagus grinned mischievously.

"Ahhh, kitten I fucking love the way you think."

"That's a first. No one loves the way I think, not even me so thank you."

Sirius looked at her like she had grown cat ears. Which she had one time; thank merlin he wasn't there to experience that situation.

"What do you mean?! You are an absolute genius!" He exclaimed.

"Please don't call me that." Hermioneabsolutely hated that word.

"But you obviously are a genius!"

Hermione clenched her fists, if Sirius wasn't going to shut up soon she would rip him to shreds and kill everyone else who stood in her way.

Calm yourself, deep breaths, Hermione told herself. I am only getting that worked up about nothing because of my period. I am not going to kill innocents. Well Sirius started this whole thing, so he isn't innocent. No stop. We don't kill anyone. Should be a life moto, she thought sarcastically.

"Sirius drop it!" Remus interjected.

Thank you Remus.

"No! I want to know why she doesn't like to be called a genius!"

"Stop calling me that!" The witch exploded. To hell with deep breaths.

The air around Hermione began to cackle and glimmer in the colours red, blue, green and orange. Sparks danced around her fingertips threatening to light things on fire. Her curls electrified, shooting tiny lightning bolts. It took a lot out of her to stop herself from growling and maybe ripping his head off.

We are royally fucked, Remus thought.

"I would love for someone to call me a genius! Why don't you?!"

"Because I hate the label genius! Okay! You want to know why!?"

"Yes, I do!" He yelled.

"Because everyone expects me to know the answer to everything, to have solutions for every problem! Whether it's math, science or political issues, they expect me-me to be the next Albert Einstein or the next Marie Curie! Or even better Socrates or Mozart! Maybe even Leonardo Da Vinci! Or Morgana the most famous witch in history or Rowena Ravenclaw the brightest witch to have ever graced earth!"

She laughed in disbelief.

"Perhaps even Athena the Greek goddess of wisdom! Well fuck everyone because I am not, and I never will be! I feel like I will never be intelligent enough! Now stop yelling at me!"

"I am not yelling at you!" He screamed back.

"Well that escalated quickly." Fred whispered to his brothers.

George nodded. Not that they would ever admit it, but the identical red heads were quite frightened.

Charlie glared at them. He knew exactly what it was like to be considered a genius. Maybe he could clam her down by showing her some sympathy and understanding.

"Hermione." Charlie spoke.

Her head snapped around to face him. He noticed flames dancing in her eyes.

"What?!"

He was slowly regretting his decision as he saw the enraged look on her face.

"Would you like to take a short walk with me?"

Well there was no going back now. Oh joy. He would rather have to face a dragon.

Well, she is kind of like one, he concluded. A baby dragon at that. Cute and small but frightening.

She glared at him, irritated. Charlie was about to shake in his boots.

"I mean, the air outside could do you some good?" He tried to smile but his face turned into a grimace.

From an outsider point of view, it would have looked quite funny. A tall and muscular man frightened by a tiny girl.

"Do me some good?" She hissed.

He cleared his throat.

"Yes, I mean." He swallowed. "Probably?"

She looked at him for what seemed like an eternity. Hermione knew that she should calm herself, but she was just so angry. She took a deep breath, stood up and stalked out of the room. Charlie moved to follow her.

"Don't get killed!" Remus called after him.

Charlie paled. What had he gotten himself into?

A/N: Hello my lovely readers, I have to say a quick thank you to my dear friend _SheDevil_ thank you for your help with the fight scene and for stopping me from being too over dramatic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 227 21
Professor McGonagall looked after Hermione Granger from the shadows from the age of five, after her first outburst of magic. But when McGonagall sees...
43.3K 1.4K 25
When Charlie Weasley takes Hermione Granger to visit the recovering Gringott's dragon, something sparks. After disaster strikes her long engagement...
123K 2.5K 34
Hermione Granger is in her sixth year at Hogwarts and things are changing. Voldemort is becoming more powerful, Harry and Dumbledore are planning som...
53.6K 1.1K 20
(disclaimer: the events in this fanfic are not necessarily related to the events in the actual hbp, just for funsies :) ) It's Harry and Hermione's 6...