Overdue - A Rockstar Romance

By ItsTheQuietGirls

After a disastrous end to their last tour, Elliot Hawk, lead singer of True Outlaws - a British pop rock band... More

Author Notes
Chapter 1 - Elliott (One year ago)
Chapter 2 - Phoebe (Present Day)
Chapter 3 - Elliott
Chapter 4 - Phoebe
Chapter 5 - Elliott
Chapter 6 - Phoebe
Chapter 7 - Elliott
Chapter 8 - Phoebe
Chapter 9 - Elliott
Chapter 10 - Phoebe
Chapter 11 - Elliott
Chapter 12 - Phoebe
Chapter 13 - Elliott
Chapter 14 - Phoebe
Chapter 15 - Elliott (3 weeks later)
Chapter 16 - Phoebe
Chapter 17 - Elliott
Chapter 18 - Phoebe
Chapter 19 - Elliott
Chapter 20 - Phoebe
Chapter 21 - Elliott
Chapter 22 - Phoebe
Chapter 23 - Elliott
Chapter 24 - Phoebe
Chapter 25 - Elliott
Chapter 26 - Phoebe
Chapter 27 - Elliott
Chapter 28 - Phoebe
Chapter 29 - Elliott
Chapter 30 - Phoebe
Chapter 31 - Elliott
Chapter 32 - Phoebe
Chapter 33 - Elliott
Chapter 34 - Phoebe
Chapter 35 - Elliott
Chapter 36 - Phoebe
Chapter 37 - Elliott
Chapter 38 - Phoebe
Chapter 39 - Elliott
Chapter 40 - Phoebe
Chapter 41 - Elliott
Chapter 43 - Elliott
Chapter 44 - Phoebe
Chapter 45 - Elliott
Chapter 46 - Phoebe (Epilogue)

Chapter 42 - Phoebe

1.5K 39 1
By ItsTheQuietGirls

When he emerges from the bathroom I can hardly see the person from last night anymore. If it weren't for the redness around his eyes I probably would never have known.

I guess that's how some alcoholics do it. They get good at hiding the effects. I frown as I come to terms with the knowledge that it could happen again and I might not know.

"The boys are waiting for you. Don't be angry but they've told Victoria." I tell him. Hitting him with the news I know is likely to upset him most before we go out to join them in the open plan living space.

His face falls but he doesn't look surprised, "I guessed they might have. They did say they would have to if I slipped up." He admits scrubbing a hand over his face.

I wait silently for him to build himself up to face them. I can see it happening. His back straightens and he takes a single hesitant step.

The faces of everyone he cares about greet him and I can see him begin to crumple. "I'm so sorry." He chokes out and my heart aches for him.

But this is not my battle and as much as I care for him and want to protect him, all he needs right now is to know I'm here for him.

I rest a hand on his back as we slowly step into the room to join them.

As he begins to explain how it all started I listen intently, only briefly distracted by the buzz of my phone.

The screen is lit up with a message from my Nan saying she's fine but they're keeping her in for one more night to be sure. Relief courses through me as I tuck it back in my pocket.

Not that there is ever a good time for an addict to relapse but Elliott really picked a bad one for me.

The exhaustion I've been trying to ignore the last couple of days is creeping up on me now and I can feel it in the heaviness of my limbs.

I sit up a little straighter in an effort to stop myself from succumbing to it and listen as Elliott explains that he is going to go to a meeting tonight and he promises to call one of us if he ever feels like he's slipping again.

I give the guys my number and we create a support group for us so any of us can share if we notice signs or concerns.

It's no guarantee of anything but I can hear the regret and embarrassment in his tone and I hope that's enough to make him reach out instead of for the bottle in the future.

"Will you come with me?" He asks quietly, turning to face me.

"To the meeting? Of course." I take his hand and give it a squeeze.

"What did I do to deserve you?" He whispers, cupping my face in his other hand.

"On that note I think we will give you guys some alone time." Someone laughs.

My cheeks flush and I duck my head. "Don't tease, we'll go to my room. You guys stay put." Elliott laughs, tugging me to my feet.

I follow him quickly, shooting the guys a smile. Although I don't know them well, last night bonded us in a way I never expected. There's an unspoken respect for the way they dealt with him and got him help last night and in the past. From them I think they're imoressed by how I handled finding out last night. I'm glad, if we are going to be together, I really want his friends to like me.

He kicks the door closed behind him and beckons me to join him as he jumps onto the bed. I shyly climb up next to him, keeping space between us. He makes a little huffing noise and I allow him to tug me down and into his side. It takes a fraction of a second for me to relax into his embrace.

I don't remember closing my eyes or falling asleep but the next thing I know I'm waking up. My eyes gritty from sleep and disorientation swirling through me as I take in the room.

An arm is round me and the hands hold a PlayStation controller. I blink as I take in the TV that has risen out of the end of the bed and the game being played out on it.

I don't know these types of games well but his character is running with purpose, gun raised and firing as he goes.

He must sense the change in me or perhaps I moved and alerted him, "Just let me finish this game and then we can go and get some dinner." He says, dropping a kiss on the crown of my head.

"M'kay." I sigh, snuggling into his side and allowing myself more time to fully wake up.

There's a soft knock at the door and I peek round as it opens. Victoria is there with a small paper bag. "I just grabbed you a change of clothes." She tell me with a smile and I send her a grateful one in return as I wriggle out of his hold.

"Thank you." I take it and peek inside.

"No worries, I wasn't too sure on your style so it's really basic." She apologises.

I shake my head as I pull the cream long sleeve top and high waisted leggings out. Basic but perfect, "These are great, honestly! Thank you."

"You're welcome, I'll leave you guys to it." She quickly excuses herself and pulls through door closed behind her.

Elliott is still caught up in his game, "I'm just going to get changed."

He nods but doesn't look up, "Ok."

His bathroom is small and brings back memories of the night before. The ranting and sickness. A part of me is still processing it all.

I shower, using the products that smell of him and wrap myself in a fluffy towel when I'm done. It's weird to think how comfortable I already feel here. How comfortable I feel with him.

When I'm finally dressed I join him back in the room. His TV is off and he has changed.

My heart does a weird flip thinking I could have walked out whilst he was changing and I feel my cheeks burn.

"What are you thinking beautiful?" He chuckles, loping across the room and dipping me back so he can kiss me.

"Nothing." I giggle when we finally break apart.

His raised eyebrow says he doesn't believe me. "So where are we going for food?" I ask to distract him.

"Anywhere you want." He replies, wrapping an arm around me as we head out.

"I'm happy with anything." I reply with a shrug.

"You ready to leave?" An unfamiliar man asks us from his spot on the sofa.

"Yeah, can you take us to Delano?" Elliott asks.

"Sure. I'm Felix by the way." The man offers me his hand and I shake it.

"Phoebe, it's nice to meet you." I smile as I take it.

There's a confidence and surety to him which instantly sets me as ease and makes me feel safe as he leads us to the car.

"I can't thank you enough for what you dealt with last night with me." Elliott says on the journey, his hand reaching out to hold both of mine resting in my lap.

"You can stop apologising, I already forgive you." I assure him and his expression is full of relief.

"We're here." Felix calls out and I glance out at the old brick building surrounded by black and gold railings.

It looks welcoming and cosy like my village pub and I feel a pang of longing for home. Missing the familiar faces there.

Felix escorts us up the steps and follows us to our table before retreating a discreet distance to give us space. It's practised and I try not to let the idea he has done this before play too much on my mind.

We order some starters and then Elliott stands, "I'm just going to go to the loo. Won't be a sec." He promises.

I watch him weave away through the tables and fiddle with the edge of my napkin.

A girl appears suddenly at my side with two small glasses on a tray. "Oh we didn't order these, you must have the wrong table." I say gently.

Her work shirt is slightly too big for her and almost ends up dunked in one of them. "Our best whisky and coke for you both." She gives a quick bob of her head and then rushes off with the tray.

I frown after her. She looks oddly familiar somehow. But at the same time, my brain can't place her. She must be new I conclude as I reach for my drink and sip it.

It's smooth with a slightly burning aftertaste. If I was a fan of whisky I might have even said it was good. I glance around quickly before chucking the rest back like a shot so I don't have to pretend to be enjoying it.

It's silly really, I could obviously leave it but I don't want to seem rude. Talking of leaving it, I glance at the one for Elliott and then back the way he went.

I don't want him exposed to something again so soon so I shot that one back too and gag a little.

I place one glass inside the other and put them to the side before glancing around. Felix isn't over by the window anymore and I realise he must have followed Elliott.

The restaurant is quiet for the time of day but I much prefer it. Our waiter appears with our drinks and water for the table. He frowns at the two empty glasses, "Did someone already bring your drinks?"

"Oh no, it was another waitress, she said they were on the house." I say with a smile, gratefully accepting the lemonade.

My mouth is dry and I'm starting to realise how hungry and thirsty I am.

"There aren't any female wait staff covering this area." He replies, still frowning.

"Oh, maybe I misremembered." It's my turn to frown now.

"Everything OK?" Elliott's voice says from somewhere behind me.

Those drinks must be stronger than I thought because as soon as I turn my head to look for Elliott the room spins violently and I almost tip off my chair.

"Woah, you ok." Elliott's voice sounds far away as he catches my shoulder and steadies me.

I am definitely regretting those drinks now. Over the waiter's shoulder I see the girl who brought the drinks over stood by an open back door. Our eyes connect for barely a second and then she's gone.

"Phoebe?" Elliott sounds concerned and maybe he's right to be because I am fast realising that something is wrong.

"I don't feel good." I try to say but the words come out slurred and I don't think they understand. "The drinks." I point to the empty glasses as darkness begins creeping around the edge of my vision.

"Ma'am? Are you ok?" The waiter asks just seconds before my body slumps forward.

Someone catches me and my body is laid gently on the ground as sound and consciousness fade in and out.

Elliott's face is over mine. He's saying something but my brain can't make it out.

I've been drugged? How stupid could I be?

That is my last thought before unconsciousness claims me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 999 57
Mason 🎸 My life's in shambles. Okay, that's a little dramatic considering that my band broke up. But I don't know what to do with my future, my care...
389K 24.4K 56
After his meteoric rise to superstardom, Jim O'Brien is no longer a small-town boy who plays in bars and dreams of success. His handsome face is plas...
231K 11.5K 36
A young woman discovers her songwriter boyfriend has a secret life as an orphaned billionaire and former rock star in the UK, and learns they may bot...
11.5K 682 67
Music inspires many to persevere, hope, dream, laugh, cry and process a wide variety of emotions. Music was very important to Melissa Campbell, havin...