You are in Love | Haikyuu

By YerBreadGod

[Suna Rintarou X Reader] | And for once you let go/Of your fears and your ghosts/One step, not much, but it s... More

Intro:
Chapter 1: Accident
Chapter 2: Random Events
Chapter 3: Questions
Chapter 5: Preparation
Chapter 6: School Festival
Chapter 7: Winter Break Part I
Chapter 8: Winter Break Part II
Chapter 9: Spring Interhigh Part I
Chapter 10: Spring Interhigh Part II
Chapter 11: Surprise
Chapter 12: Spontaneous Shenanigans
Chapter 13: Class Fight
A/N
Chapter 14: Make A Wish
Chapter 15: Conflicting News
Chapter 16: It's Called Procrastinating
Chapter 17: Trust Me

Chapter 4: Typical Saturday

1.5K 63 58
By YerBreadGod

italics: [f/n]'s thoughts

italics+underlined: Suna's thoughts

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

Suna wakes up to the sound of a door creaking open. Squinting open one eye, Suna blearily peers at [f/n] walking in, sweat dripping down her forehead. Glancing over at the Hello Kitty clock on the wall, Suna concludes that it's just a little pass 7:00 o'clock in the morning. "She must have just come back from her morning run", Suna thinks. He lets out a large yawn.

"Well, good morning sleepyhead" [f/n] says taking a towel to wipe her face.

"[f/n], I do not understand how you wake up at 6:00 everyday to run. Is it impossible for you to sleep in?" Suna asks. He makes no move to get of bed and instead pulls the covers closer to his chin.

"Hmm...I mean waking up early has already become a habit to me and I only like to work out in the morning so yeah." [f/n] opens her closet and pulls out some casual clothes to wear. "Imma go take a shower then I'll make us breakfast. Better get your butt out of bed and ready when I'm done Rin" [f/n] informs before disappearing into her bathroom.

"Ok, mom" Suna sarcastically replies, yanking the sheets over his head. It was still 7:00 in the morning and there was no way he was getting out of this warm and cozy bed this early. He chooses to close his eyes and sleep for while more. It was a Saturday and Suna never gets up until 11:00 or even noon on the weekends.

[f/n] heads out of the shower feeling rejuvenated and refreshed. She glances over at her bed and as she expected Suna is still lying there snoring away. She rolls her eyes, exasperated but she doesn't make a move to wake him up. Instead she heads out of her room and downstairs into the kitchen. Her mother is already awake and sipping her morning tea.

"Hey sweetie. About to make breakfast?" Mrs. [l/n] asks, looking up from her tablet.

"Yup." [f/n] opens up the fridge to pull out the carton of eggs, bacon, and butter. "Would you like some, Okaa-san?"
"Oh, no thank you sweetheart. I already had a muffin earlier. Is Rintarou still sleeping?" Mrs. [l/n] inquires.

"Hahaha, you guessed it. Lazy brat, not even bothering to help me make breakfast." [f/n] retorts, rolling her eyes.

"That's because you baby him too much [f/n]. Now he just relies on you for everything." teases Mrs. [l/n] with a knowing gleam in her eyes.

"Wha-wha-what?!? I do not baby him! I-I-I ..." [f/n] trails off, her face burning. "Whatever. I'm going to make breakfast now so don't bother me." [f/n] huffs and spins around to grab two pans for the eggs and bacon.

Her mother guffaws behind her causing her furiously blush. [f/n] pops two slices of bread into the toaster turns her back to her mother. I do not baby him. It's just that..it's that I feel a need to take care of him as I am the older one. [f/n] cracks open 4 eggs into the pan then she flips the bacon in the other pan, doing so carefully as to not get an oil splatter on herself ( a/n: if you ever cook bacon, it's a dangerous job with all the oil flying out of the pan-yikes). She places a slice of buttered toast, 2 sunny-side up eggs, and 2 slices of bacon on each plate. Carefully placing both plates onto the along with the utensils, she carries it up the stairs and back into her room. She gently places the tray down onto the floor before shaking Suna awake.

"Rin, wake up. I finished making breakfast you lazy brat." [f/n] pulls the cover away from Suna's head and Suna groans.

"5 more minutes..." Suna murmurs. [f/n] shakes her head and reaches out a hand to comb it through his messy bed hair.

"Get up now Rin. Or I'll just go through your phone and delete all of your prized blackmail photos" [f/n] threatens.

"Alright, I'm up. No need to be so extreme, [f/n]." Suna sits up in bed and leans back against the headboard. He stretches his arms with a satisfying crack.

[f/n] picks up the breakfast tray and place over Suna's lap. "I made us some eggs, toast, and bacon. There's also some orange juice too."

"Mhn. Thanks [f/n]." Suna begins to shovel the food into his mouth. He thinks back to all the times when [f/n] slept over at his house and she still got up early in the morning to make breakfast in bed for the both of them. His mother would always scold him saying that [f/n] spoiled him too much and now he's too lazy and unmotivated to do anything. But [f/n] would always come to his defense, insisting that she had wanted to do it and that she really didn't mind. With a few flattering words and compliments spilling out of her lips, his mother would be gushing over [f/n] and what a kind and sweet girl she was. [f/n] would just cheekily grin at him afterwards and he would roll his eyes at her, commenting at what a good-two shoes she was which resulted in him receiving a slap on the arm.

"Watcha grinning about there like an idiot?" [f/n] asks, munching on her toast.

Suna flicks her forehead. "Just about how dumb you look."

"Gahhh. Rude Rin." [f/n] rubs her forehead, pouting at him.

With her pouty lips and furrowed brows, Suna can't help but think that she looks like a kicked puppy. Utterly adorable. He flushes at that thought. Stupid [f/n]. Stop making that face, it's bad for my heart.

☾☼☽

[f/n] is finishing washing the dishes when she hears Suna padding down the stairs. About time he got washed and changed.

"So what are we going to do today?" Suna plops down on the coach.

"Hmmmm...grocery shopping? Maybe we could visit the mall or go to those cafes?" [f/n] suggests.

"We could go out then do the grocery shopping last."

"Good idea. Give me a moment, I need to grab my bag before we go." [f/n] runs up the stairs to grab her tote bag and wallet. Suna had gotten her the tote bag last year when the volleyball team had gone to Tokyo for the Spring National Tournaments. It had a cute little desert fox printed on it and Suna had claimed that he bought it because the desert fox reminded him of her with it's petite face and adorable large ears. Well what he actually said was, "Here, its dumb innocent face reminded me of you." [f/n] giggles at that memory. What a tsundere.

"Alright, I'm ready. Let's go."

They both head out the front door and towards the train station. About some time later, they both find themselves wandering the streets, window shopping.

[f/n] slides her hands into Suna's. She peers up at him. "Anything you wanna buy?" she asks, looking up at him through her long lashes.

"I think I might a new bag for volleyball since my old one is kinda tearing but ehh...I could always check them out later." Suna just shrugs lethargically.

"It's tearing?! Come on, let's go get you a new one." [f/n] insists, dragging him into the sports equipment store. They end up picking out a new bag and Suna goes to pay for it. The cashier is a kind looking middle-aged woman. She smiles at the two of them.

"Awww, you two are such a cute couple! I remember when my husband and I were your guys' age. Oh my. I would always go with him to buy new sport equipments" the woman coos.

"Aww. Thank you so much. I'm sure that you and husband were really cute too! Those must have been good memories" [f/n] says, immediately charming the woman.

"Oh, what a sweet talker this one. This one here is a keeper boy. You know what. I'll give a little discount on this bag." She winks at them as she scans the bag.

"Thank you so much for the discount m'am!" [f/n] bows.

"You're very welcome young lady. Here you go. Please come back!" says the woman waving at them as they walked out of the store.

Suna's head is spinning. Cute couple. Couple. Couple? Did [f/n] just go along with it like that? I... Suna thinks that his brain has stopped functioning at that moment.

"Wow, Rin. Look at that. I just got you a discount on that bag. Got anything to say to me?" [f/n] mischievously grinned up at him.

"I-I- why'd you lie to her? We-we're not a couple?!" Suna splutters out.

"Hahahah, calm down Rintarou. It's easier to just go along with people's assumptions sometimes. Hey, at least that white lie got us a discount. No harm done" [f/n] states swinging their hands back and forth.

Uh, yes harm done. Harm was done to my poor heart. It was about to shoot up my throat. Suna grumbles but doesn't give a sassy remark back to [f/n]. "Whatever. Let's head back now. I'm tired."

"Mhm. Well, we gotta swing by the grocery market to buy some food so come on", [f/n] states.

☾☼☽

When they arrived at the grocery store, [f/n] was quick to grab a cart. Wheeling it over to Suna, she stopped and demands, "Here, hold the cart for a sec."

Suna knew immediately what [f/n] was up, he rolls his eyes at her antics by nonetheless holds the cart in place for her. [f/n] grins then swings a leg over the side of the cart, heaving herself into the cart.

"Alright! Let's go Rin!" [f/n] exclaims giddily. She points towards the entrance and looks at back at him, her eyes sparkling with excitement. Suna couldn't help the small smile that was tugging at the sides of his mouth. He pushes her into the store and down the aisles that [f/n] was directing him towards. She would point at the items they needed to buy and Suna would grab them to drop off into the cart. There weren't too many people in the store since was getting late at night and it was nearing the store's closing hours now. [f/n] being aware of this, says, "Hey Rin, you should push me as fast as possible down the aisle. There's no one here." She tilts her head back to look at Suna with a sly grin on her face. Suna mentally facepalms at [f/n]. For someone who was almost 18, [f/n] sure sometimes acted like she was 5. Suna sighs but complies to [f/n]'s wishes.

A couple minutes later, Suna is literally racing up and the down the various aisles with [f/n] laughing and telling him to keep going in the cart. She throws her hands up in the air. "Wheeeee!!", she giggles. Despite disliking to exert extra energy for unnecessary work, Suna doesn't really mind the cardio he's doing to push [f/n] around in the cart. Her happiness was quite contagious and he finds himself grinning with her. He slows down to a stop near the cash register so that they could pay for the food. He's panting, trying to catch his breath while [f/n] is wheezing from laughing too hard. She takes a look at him and doubles over, breaking again into laughter.

"Whatda hell did I just see?" A familiar voice breaks out behind the two of them.

[f/n] and Suna both turn around to see a set of identical faces. Atsumu has a rather bemused look on his face while Osamu has a deadpan expression on his face. Suna glances at them and slouches, putting on his resting bitch face.

"I don't know what you mean", Suna says in a monotone voice.

"What the! Ya liar. Samu and I literally just saw the two of ya racing around the store like elementary schoolers", Atsumu retorts, shoving his face in front of Suna's.

"Ugh, gross." Suna presses the palm of his hand against Atsumu's face and pushes him away. He ignores Atsumu's cries behind him and begins to place the items in the cart onto the conveyer belt. [f/n] was watching the 2nd years' interaction with amusement. She waves a greeting to Osamu who was holding his brother back from scuffling with Suna. Osamu nods at her and turns to smack Atsumu in the head which led to Atsumu directing his attention to his brother instead of Suna. [f/n] hears them bickering behind her and she giggles at their antics. Paying for the food, the two of them quickly left the store before the twins noticed. Suna pushes the cart over to the cart area and [f/n] stands up to get out of the cart. Grabbing two bags each, they make their way back home.

"I can't believe it's already so dark. Did we really spend that much time inside the store?" [f/n] questions, tilting her head up to look at the sky. The waning crescent moon glows down at her. A strong gust of cold air blows her hair back, the long strands flying out behind her. Suna who was on his phone at the moment, snaps a picture of her. With the glow of the moon illuminating her face and her long locks floating behind her in the image, Suna can't help but think how mesmerizing she looks. [f/n] hearing the shutter of the camera, whips her head to the side to glare at him.

"What was that for?" [f/n] narrows her eyes at him.

"Blackmail material" Suna replies smoothly, tucking his phone back into his pocket.

"You brat. Stopppp. Delete it, I must have looked like a mess," [f/n] complains. She knows that he must have a billion blackmail pictures of her by now and it was pretty much pointless by now to even try to stop him. She doesn't know why she bothers. [f/n] sighs but continues walking. Taking out the keys from her bag, [f/n] pushes the door open.

"I'm homeeee!!!" [f/n] announces, kicking off her shoes.

"Welcome home dear", Mr. [l/n] replies from where he was on the couch.

"Did you get the groceries for the week sweetie?" Mrs. [l/n] asks from the kitchen.

"Yup. It's right here." [f/n] and Suna places the bags down onto the kitchen counter.

"Thank you, you two. There's some onigiris inside the fridge for dinner."

"Oh, alright. Thanks Okaa-san."

[f/n] takes out the plate of onigiris and grabs a couple of mandarins, placing them onto a tray. She heads up to her room with Suna quietly following behind her. She places the tray down onto her kotatsu and makes herself comfortable with her legs tucked underneath the kotatsu. It was currently fall right now, November to be exact, and the weather in Hyogo Prefecture gets pretty chilly at night. It was even worse in winter with its heavy snowfall. [f/n] shivers just at that thought. Suna slides underneath the kotatsu and grabs an onigiri, munching away. [f/n] on the other hand, practically wolfs down her onigiri in two bites and is already on her second one. Suna takes his time to savor the onigiri, slowly chewing.

"So-" [f/n] begins, swallowing her mouthful of rice, "How has the volleyball team been doing to prepare for the Spring Interhigh tournaments? It's coming up in January right?"

"Same as usual. Kita-san is making all us train deligently, Atsumu being his garbage self...and yeah. Kita-san been really getting on my back about slacking off, it's scary." Suna feels chills runs up his back when he remembers the cold stare Kita gave him the other day when he was slacking off in training. He continues with, "Yeah, Spring Interhigh tournaments is in January. We'll probably go to Nationals again. If I see that Guess Monster again at Nationals, Imma shove his guesses right back into his face. He's such a pain in the ass."

[f/n] laughs. Of course, he would think that. Anyone who proves to be troublesome to him, he gets annoyed. That's expected of him. "Hahaha, quite confident are we?" [f/n] teasingly says. Suna just gives her a deadpan expression. "Well, if you're going to give me that attitude then I guess I won't attend your match at Nationals this year," [f/n] states.

"What?! You're going with us to Tokyo? You do know that it's pretty far from Hyogo Prefecture right?" Suna asks, surprise written on his face.

"Yeah, I was planning on going on this year since it's my last year here. I want to see you play at Nationals before I leave the school." [f/n] gently smiles at him.

"Do whatever you want to," Suna replies, feeling his cheeks slightly grow warm. He feels ecstatic that [f/n] is going to Nationals this year with him. Throughout the years they spent together, [f/n] was always there at his volleyball tournaments. He doesn't really know why but he feels much calmer with her presence there. He remembers his first time going to Nationals in Tokyo and [f/n] wasn't able to make it. He was literally shaking right before the match and he had felt quite nauseous. Atsumu and Osamu would not let him forget about it afterwards. He had to endure their torment for a couple days before he threatened them with his blackmail photos. Well, if [f/n] is coming to watch me this year, I can't slack off as much. Suna lies his head down onto the surface of the kotatsu and closes his eyes.

"Practice hard for Nationals," [f/n] encourages. She is carefully peeling the mandarins so that it all peels off in one piece. She splits the mandarin into slices and presses a slice to Suna's mouth. "Ahhhh. Eat your daily serving of fruit." Peering at [f/n] through half-lidded eyes, Suna opens his mouth and allows himself to be fed by [f/n].

"Did you know that you're suppose to have at least 3 servings of fruits a day?" [f/n] asks, sliding another slice into Suna's mouth.

"No."

"Well that's my fun fact of the day for you then."

☾☼☽

Suna is lying awake in his bed in his room. After finishing dinner with [f/n], he had headed back to his house next door. He checks the time on his phone. 00:43. He rolls over bed and lets out a sigh. He unlocks his phone and sends a text to [f/n].

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

To: [f/n]

hey, u awake?

To: RinRin

well, now i am. u need anything?

To: [f/n]

no

To: RinRin

can't sleep?

To: [f/n]

yeah

To: RinRin

open up ur window

To: [f/n]

k

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Suna softly steps over to his window which was directly across from [f/n]'s window. He unlatches the hatch and slides it open. A cold breeze flies in and leaves Suna shivering. From across his window, Suna spots [f/n] opening her windows, the white curtains billowing in the wind. Their homes were built close enough that they could easily talk to each other from their windows without needing to shout. [f/n] goes to sit on top of desk with her legs positioned so that they dangled out the window. She's holding her guitar and she gently props it on her leg.

"So Rin, what song would you like to hear tonight?" [f/n] asks, while her fingers tune the guitar. She plucks a few chords before looking at him again.

Suna closes his eyes and replies with, "I don't care. Your pick."

This was not an unusual thing to occur between them. With both of their parents often leaving for overseas business trips, they both had difficulties falling asleep when they are alone in the house. Currently, [f/n]'s parents haven't left for their trip yet but Suna's parents haven't returned thus leaving him alone at home. Suna would have slept over at [f/n]'s house again but he didn't want to impose on the [l/n] family. As a way to cope with this, [f/n] would often play him a song on her guitar to lull him to sleep. The soothing strum of the guitar would let him know that [f/n] was there and that he was not alone. It provided reassurance that he was not by himself and that [f/n] would always be there. He had lied back down in bed and pulled his blankets to his chin. Selfishly, he hoped that [f/n] would choose to go to a nearby university so that she would always be here by him. He honestly didn't know what he would do if she chose to go to a far away university like Tokyo University or something. It was selfish of him to think that but he wasn't ready to let go yet.

Not yet...stay with me just a bit more please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.4K 2.9K 23
"You're not Samu" "If you wanted to speak to Samu, you should've called Samu's phone." Suna x Fem Reader Haikyuu AU Mainly fluff I made this story a...
4.5K 116 13
ยป ๐๐š๐ฅ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ - ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ญ๐˜บ, ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฆ...
4K 79 16
๐‰๐”๐’๐“ ๐€ ๐’๐‡๐˜ ๐†๐”๐˜! A love story, Suna Rintaro finds interest in a rather popular girl in his area, and she also goes to the same campus. She...
110K 2.2K 50
{Suna x fem reader} "please just don't go..." "just know that when i'm here you'll never have to worry about being alone again, i'll be by your side...