Quiver | Pietro Maximoff ✔

By asavagejoy

Eliza Erudite remembers very little of that day. She remembers the walk to the bakery, and she remembers the... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
~ Not an Update ~

Chapter Sixteen

652 29 6
By asavagejoy

~Eliza's POV~

"I'm not evil you know?" Raven plucked a grape from the bowl on the kitchen island, her face resting in her palm as she batted her heavily made up eyelashes at me. "I just want Wanda back."

"Everyone wants Wanda back." I muttered, ignoring the raised brow she lifted. "We have three weeks and so far we don't have a solid plan."

"So let me help." She leant forward, her green and black checked shirt sleeves ruffling around her elbows as she pleaded. "I know more about them than you."

"How can we trust you-?"

"Eliza." I rolled my eyes as I heard Loki's warning tone from behind me. "I told you that you can trust Raven."

I scowled, but my face was broken of it's annoyed look as my phone rang. Startled, I glanced at the screen to see Josh's photo across it. "Guys!" I shouted, even though Loki and Raven were the only ones in the room with me. I knew JARVIS would summon them individually.

I slid the green accept button across the screen and held the phone to my ear, plastering a smile on my face as I spun my chair to face away from Ravens intrigued expression. "Josh?"

"Eliza, hey!" He sounded happy, and I couldn't help but feel the dread rise from the pit of my stomach. "I have good news!"

"Really?" I locked eyes with Loki, who nodded and slipped out of the room, reading my wordless request of him to find Pietro for me. "What is it?"

"I'm coming back sooner than expected! Three days time, in fact, so I can come and pick you up at the end of the week! Isn't that brilliant! I've got the flights all booked so all you have to do is pack a few bags."

"A few?" I tried to force the slight strain from my voice as I attempted to clear my throat. "How long are we going to be there?"

There was a slight pause, before he laughed. "I thought we could stay for a couple of weeks - make it feel like a proper trip home you know? It's been so long since we've been there together."

"How come you're here early?" I looked around the room, but I only saw Raven creeping closer to listen to the conversation. Loki hadn't returned yet, and even though I called for the others nobody else had arrived either.

"I'm not skiving Eliza, work have given me the time off." He sounded disgruntled, and I chose not to press the subject further in case he realised that I knew more than I was letting on.

"Anyway," he changed the subject. "How are the two Peters? Still fighting for your affection?"

I frowned, "there's only one Peter, and nobody is fighting for me Josh." I didn't want him to know that Pietro and I were together. That would only make him a target and I didn't know if my conscious would be able to stay in tact if he suffered any pain because of me.

"No..." he trailed off, "there's another one. Peter Max?"

I shook my head softly, "do you mean Pietro?"

"I didn't catch that-" there was a fumbling through the speaker, before he said, "say it again?"

"Pietro," I repeated myself, "not Peter."

"Right," he chuckled softly, "and Dr Banner, is he still okay?"

"Yeah Bruce is nice," I swung my head to see the door open, and Bruce and Pietro darting through it with Loki trailing leisurely behind them.

"I've got to go-" the fumbling noise came again, "but I'll see you in three days! Start packing! I love you!"

He hung up before I could reply.

"Was that Josh?" I could see in Bruce's pained expression that he was holding his Hulk back, "what did he say?"

I gulped. "He's coming in three days. He's taking me to London for at least a fortnight, or so he says."

His face fell, and I could see the green vein growing larger across his forehead as his eyes grew shiny with tears. "Okay," he nodded. "Okay, but we can figure this out."

The door opened again, and Peter slid into the room, skidding across the floor in a pair of Heelys. He attempted to smile at me, before handing an envelope to Pietro. "This is for you. Arrived today."

Pietro frowned, "I didn't order anything."

Raven flicked her hair over her shoulder, "Maybe it's fanmail."

"Will you please stop?" Pietro snapped. He hadn't taken a liking to Raven since her riddles of Wanda being alive, and he hadn't let Loki persuade him into giving her a chance.

"What?" She shrugged, "I'm not into you. God, your sister definitely got the looks, and the brains, come to think of it-"

"I swear to-"

"Pietro." I grabbed onto his arm as he sent a glare over his shoulder to Ravens smirk. "Just open it."

He sighed, and wrapped me into his arm as he slid the envelope open. He pulled out a single sheet of paper, and he flipped it over to show an image...

A horrible, sickening photograph.

I'd seen several photos of Wanda since I began living at the facility. Pietro has framed photos carefully displayed in his room, and Clint had shown me one he kept safe in his wallet.

Since we realised she was still alive, I'd seen pictures of her stuck up during planning sessions, as we attempted to devise a plan on how to give me up, then get both Wanda and I out of my fathers clutches.

But no photograph of her looked like this.

She was wearing dark clothes, in a dark room. She was tied to a chair, her body folded down with her back arched and face screaming up at the ceiling.

One lit lightbulb hanging from above cast darkened shadows over her face, but it was clear that the skin on her forehead that was stretching over thick, growing veins, were tinted green.

She was turning into a Hulk.

Pietro dropped the photograph, and his arm fell from my side as he spun around and threw up into the sink.

Nobody stopped him.

I gently stood behind him, and rubbed his back soothingly as the last of the Avengers finally entered the kitchen - expecting an update from Josh but were instead met with an image of their missing friend being tortured.

Pietro leant back, shuddering and shaking through gasped breaths as his breathing grew hyperventilated.

"Pietro, listen to me." I kept rubbing his back with one hand as I managed to pour a glass of water.

"Copy my breathing okay?"

"They... those... and she... she... Wanda- Eliza that's-"

"I know." I forced his hand to wrap around the glass, then sucked in a deep breath, "one." I blew the air out of my mouth, then sucked in a second breath, "two."

I repeated the cycle once I counted to five, and after the third round Pietro hesitantly began counting with me, in between sips of the cool water.

He shakily collapsed into my side, and I wiped the string of spit that had landed on his chin after he'd brought his lunch up. I enveloped him in my arms, and twisted my feet so I could see the Avengers swarming around the photograph.

"I'm tracking Josh's number Eliza, and a source for this photograph. There was no note?"

I was about to answer when Raven stood up from her chair. "There was no note, and Josh gave Eliza three days. You need to hurry up with a plan."

"And what do you suggest huh?" Tony stared at her, "wait, three days?"

"Yeah," I grimaced as Pietro's eyes fluttered shut. "Can someone help me? I think he's fainted." I stumbled to the ground as Bruce caught my body, and Thor leapt forward to sweep Pietro into his arms.

"I will take him to his chambers." He announced, before leaving the room. Bruce began fussing over me as Raven grew louder, before a shock wave of purple mist exploded from her body.

We all stared at her, silenced by her actions as she sighed dramatically. "Now I have your attention," she stood a little straighter, "I actually have a plan."

***

Pietro blinked blearily, groaning as he lifted his head from the pillow. "What happened?"

I fidgeted in my chair beside him, not wanting to be the one to tell him. "You fainted, I think it was shock-"

"I knew that bit." He murmured, reaching out to hold my hand. "But what's happening? With you, and Wanda?"

"Raven..." he groaned again, as his head hit the pillow. "Just, she's had an idea. And it's actually quite good, everyone's agreed to follow it."

"Including you?"

I nodded slowly, and his grip on my hands tightened. "Including me," I whispered.

"What is it?"

I chewed my lip. I knew he wasn't going to like this.

"No one can come with me. You can  try to follow, but it's likely that you might not be able to follow. We haven't decided that yet - we don't know what kind of tech my Dad has set up."

"So that's the plan? Push you away, alone, and hope you can make it out?"

He looked as upset as he sounded, and an ache began twisting my heart. "Pietro let me finish."

"I'm sorry." He leant forward, shuffling so he was sat on the edge of his bed. "I'm sorry, carry on."

"We don't think Josh knows who Raven is. And if he doesn't know who Raven is, then she can come with me. Not as a friend or anything, but she might just happen to get on the same flight as us."

Pietro was quiet for a moment, "Do you think we can trust her?"

I shrugged, "Loki says we can. And so does Bruce. Pietro, I would rather do this with your support, please don't make me do this without you. I will, if I have to, though."

He looked pained, and leant forward to envelop me in a strong hug, his grip tight as he kissed my shoulder softly. "If this is the only way..." I felt him shudder slightly, and I knew that him not being able to play a larger part in rescuing his sister was breaking him slowly. "I'll be there. We'll track you, I can follow in a different flight - me and Bruce, we'll still be there."

I ran my hand over his back, "that's the plan. The Avengers are going to follow in one of Tony's jets, and him and Rhodey are working on trackers and microphones I can wear the whole time. Raven too."

"Are you okay?" He pulled back, eyes concerned as he tried to smile. "Are you sure you're okay?"

I nodded, and pursed my lips slightly as replied, "Yeah. And this way we can stop a Hulk army so, you know... it's a win win."

He cracked a small smile, "I'm serious though-"

A knock interrupted us, and Tony poked his head around the door almost hesitantly. "We can't trace the photographs source. Completely anonymous, whoever sent it-" he glanced at Pietro apologetically "they covered their tracks completely."

"But we know it's my Dad, right? It must be." I stood up, and walked to the door as Bruce stepped in.

"Hi," He sighed, "I thought I'd find you guys here."

Pietro stood to his feet, "Can we do this somewhere else?"

We filed to a conference room, and Bruce sat down at the head of the table. "I've been tracing the call Eliza had this morning from Josh, then looked at surrounding areas trying to track the exact location."

"Okay," I sat beside him. "So where is he?"

Bruce glanced at Tony, who was stood protectively by the door. "He's staying in a hotel about 20 miles from here-"

"What?" I stared at him, "no... wait, I know he's not been away with work, I figured that out ages ago, but surely he's with Wanda in London? That's where we thought they were right?"

Bruce looked down at the records he was holding. "In the entire time you've been here with us, he only went to London for two weeks."

"What?" I felt my heart dropping lower. "But... no, this isn't. He can't have - why would he not stay in London? Why would he tell me it'll be a month to see him and take me if he's only-"

"We think he's been keeping an eye on you." Tony cleared his throat. "And Pietro, probably."

Pietro's back straightened in his chair, "but I am not Eliza-"

"No. But you're Eliza's boyfriend and Wandas brother."

"Oh my God." I groaned. "So I have to wait here for the next three days waiting, and knowing he's right there?"

Bruce nodded sympathetically, "I'm sorry Eliza."

I sunk down in my chair, feeling my frustrations rise. I tapped the arm of my chair, feeling a weight shifting in my stomach as I mulled over what had been said. I didn't know what Josh was doing - how he was suddenly so evil after being the adoring brother I'd looked up to my whole life.

We didn't even share the same Dad, so I didn't know how my blood father now managed to twist my brother into wanting a Hulk army.

"Does she know?"

"Does that happen with you Bruce?"

"I... the transition is too slow, I've not-"

"What are you muttering about?" I looked up to see the three men staring at me. "What?"

Pietros eyes flickered down to my hand. "Eliza..."

I followed his eyes, and immediately sat back upon seeing the vivid green hand resting on the arm of my chair.

I lifted it slowly. It was huge, double the size of my left hand, with thick veins and solid bone that's sturdier structure stood firmer than a soft human hand.

It was my hand?

That is me.

I blinked, hearing the deeper, authoritative speech in my mind. The Hulk had spoken before, but not as clearly as this.

"How..?"

I help. I don't want army, help.

"Eliza?"

I blinked, and saw Bruce hesitantly lifting his own hand, and I watched as his veins lifted and turned green, his hand growing larger and thicker as the colour darkened similarly to mine.

"Is he speaking to you?" I whispered.

He just nodded.

An eerie silence settled over the room as Bruce and I listened to the pleading tone of our Hulks, begging us to let them help - they didn't want the army, the torture, the pain. They were looking past their own fears as they relinquished some of their control, to let us adjust and see the world through their eyes - their body.

Pietro gently stood up, and I watched as he held Tony's shoulder and they both left the room, leaving Bruce and I to slowly watch our bodies grow and transform.

"Clothes." I broke the silence. Bruce's wardrobe consisted of clothes that could adjust and stretch to his Hulks size, but as I wasn't meant to be transforming, I hadn't worn any myself.

The Hulk slowed her growing, but carried on the transformation until I got used to the dizzying, swarming rush of sound and white noise that dragged through my mind.

It felt odd. Strange. Weird.

But it also felt right.

Connecting with the Hulk, I let her take control of the movements, and even though it was my body, I felt like I was sitting back, and watching the world through her eyes. Like I was watching a film, but I was floating instead of sitting.

My hand reached up to push the door open, and I saw the muscled, green skin tense around the bones of my hand as the door swung back. I could hear the thudding steps as if they were my own, and rocked from side to side as the heavy weight of the Hulk altered the way I would usually walk.

The hallways were clear, but I had a slight inkling Pietro and Tony were to thank for that. I didn't know where the Hulk was taking me, but I watched the halls and doors as we walked past, hearing her constant stream of thoughts run through my mind like a river.

It was constant, but I could hear everything. I instinctively knew what she was saying, what she meant, without actively listening to the speech.

I knew the Hulk and I were sharing a body, but this...

We were one.

We ended up in the gym, and I watched as Bruce's much larger and more intimidating Hulk lumbered into the room behind me.

And then he swung for my head.

I screamed and ducked down, but my Hulk stood straight and powerful, and blocked the fist with her own. I could hear her laughing at me as she fought with her...

How were these Hulks related?

They weren't just play fighting though. I became aware fairly quickly that the Hulks were training with one another. They could create fighting stances and kick and punch just as well as a human, but their unnatural size and strength meant all contact needed to be honed and perfected, so they wouldn't accidentally kill.

Kill.

That thought stopped me.

I knew my father was insane, even if I hadn't met the man, but my brother was still my brother.

Except he wasn't, not anymore.

But technically...

I groaned, and as my Hulk swung her body towards Bruce's, she murmured softly, her voice rough and comforting.

Eliza you okay. Is okay. We fight to protect. We okay.

The speech was in broken English; the phrases and words chopped against one another to form stunted and blunt sentences, but I relaxed at what she said. If she didn't want to fight to kill then she wouldn't.

The Avengers could take them in for questioning, and they could face their own crimes and penalties then.

The Hulk was going to save me.

For once, the injection didn't feel like a curse.

Instead, I don't know...

It made me feel good.

It made me feel alive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 317 60
Eleanor (Nora) Williams had grown up, next door to Peter Parker, since he had moved in with his aunt May. Nora spent most of her life, in May's, more...
58.3K 1.5K 61
Never in their life have Maximoff Siblings especially Y/N Maximoff thought her world would come crashing down destroying the sibling's childhood. Bei...
1.1M 28.9K 69
You're a 25-year-old girl living in Brooklyn along with your childhood best friends Steve and Bucky, and you're working at the SSR with your cousin P...
21.7K 304 26
one shots with all your favorite marvel characters. 𑁍 𓏸𓈒 𓂃 taking requests ? [ ✔️ ] - yes ! [ ] - no ; please wait until further notice ! ...