Pelli Choopulu

By Meenu_Panda

It is a very simple story of a couple Raghunandhu, 32 years old Architect and Parthavi, a 28 year old MBA gr... More

Trailer
The Cast
Padichu Choopulu
Varudu choopulu
Sniffy Sherlock Holmes
Eduruchoodani Sanniveshalu
Tholi Sparsha
Jejamma Siggulu Jamadagni Chirunavvulu
A Family Tree
Roja Poovulo Mullu
Potladam Mari Alagadam
Ramayanam Lo Krishnudu
Avagaahana Abhivriddhi
Jejamma Kopalu, Moddhu Chilipi Seshtalu
Nishchayam
Dragon and Thindi Pothu
The Stolen Moment
Cast - friends & Extended family
Tholi Muddhu
Dragon's Lingerie Shopping & Moddhu's Hyosung ST7
Snehithulu Premikulu
Hyderbad, Vizag and Bejawada
The Long Distance..!
A Hidden Past..!
A New Start
Pelli Battalu Shopping
Seethamma Nomulu.. Ramayya Gomulu
Samsaara Paatam.. Guna Paatam
Jitters and its Aftermath
Pelli Koothuru and Pelli Koduku
Naandhi Snathaka Vratham
Paalikalu and Madhuparkam
Sangeetham
Kashi Yatra
Gauri Pooja
A little Sneak
Kanyadaanam
Muthyala Talambralu
Brahmamudi, Saptapadi and Sthalipakam
Arundhati Nakshatram and Find the Ring
Vivaha Bhojanammu! Ah ha ha ha!

Mangalyadharanam

417 41 32
By Meenu_Panda

Mangaladharanam is when the groom ties the Mangalasutram around the bride's neck. This is done in a very auspicious time and this ties the bride and groom and the families together for life.

Mangalyadharanam though was not a part of our culture in olden times, it came into practice later and it is an accepted norm. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

There was a rain of Akshadalu, the yellow colored rice that showered on Raghunandhu and Parthavi as they looked at each other with their hands on their heads holding the Jeeraka Bellam.

"Good, we wanted you both to do the same. But that you are both already doing that.."

Abhrathrugneem varunapathigneem bruhaspathe

Indhra puthrigneem lakshyam thamasyai savithassuva

The Priests chanted the hymn and explained its meaning.

"This is to give prosperity to the bride's family as the Lakshmi of the house is moving to another home and blessings for the bride for the progress of her new family and blessings for good offsprings."

Aghora chakshor

Chatushpade

"Oh blessed bride, look into your husband. And keep your kind eyes on his family. Have a long happy married life, bring them prosperity, bless them with children who will be appreciated and be the light and brightness of your new home in a way that god will appreciate you."

With their palms on each other's head, they kept looking at each other and there was a smile that was frozen to their lips.

"My dear bride and groom, you can remove your hands now."

Narasimha Shastry said and they both removed their hands so fast that everyone was laughing loud.

"Vadileyandi Shastry garu. Let them see each other! Pandu has been complaining since morning to see his bride. But Amma strictly denied. This fellow has eaten up my ear drums and brain with his Parthavi japam."

Everyone laughed again as Bhargava shook his head with his ears closed.

"You should learn from your brother."

Mahika said, giggling, making Raghunadhu immediately look down as his ears turned red.

"Good good!"

Sundaramudu said.

"If they keep seeing this way, we might never complete this marriage."

He said with a very serious face.

"Thathayya?"

Parthavi chided.

"Shh.. Parthamma, you should not speak! Shastry.. Hmm"

And soon the rituals again began.

This time, Parthavi was made to sit beside Raghunandhu as their parents sat in front of them. The mangalasutram was resting in front of them.

"Pelli kumarthi, you have to do pooja to the mangalasutram with Kumkuma and akshada. Follow us."

Parthavi nodded her head and did the pooja.

"In a wedding, if the Varudu and Vadhuvu are considered as Lakshmi and Narayan, then the Mangalasutramu from both families are considered as Shiva Parvathi. By doing pooja to them, you will get blessings of the Aadi dampathulu."

Shankaram explained. One the pooja was done, the Mangalasutram was taken around so that the elders could bless.

"Now Pelli kumara, take this darbha(reed grass) belt and tie it around the waist of the pelli kumarthi just like you tied it around your waist yesterday while doing snathakam."

Parthavi's eyes widened as Raghunandhu bent down with the belt in hand towards her exposed hip.

She raised her brow in question while he shrugged in response. The youngsters who saw this, chuckled. The guys gave thumbs up to Raghunandhu who was profusely sweating.

"Pelli Kumara, do it fast."

Narasimha Shastry said and Raghunandhu soon bent down and tried to tie the belt around her waist trying hard to not do any mischief. But alas. Back of his fingers caressed her waist.

Parthavi gasped. Raghunandhu just gave a small smile as he stood up after successfully tying the belt.

"Pelli Kumara, you know there is a separate muhoortham for what you did now?"

Raghunandhu just kept his face like an innocent boy. Shastry shook his head.

"Here, take these Mangalasutram and hold it beside her head."

He held it in said way.

"This is done to symbolically say that, you both are wheels of the vehicle that pushes your life. So you both have equal responsibilities in running the household. Both of them should respect each other and let go off ego."

The elders explained and both Raghunandhu and Parthavi nodded their heads obediently.

"Pelli Kumara, hold the Mangalasutram in your hands, between your fingers like this and now turn to your parents and ask them permission to make this Kumarthi your wife."

"Amma, annaiyya, Vathina. May I take her to be my wife?"

"Anytime nanna. Just go for it."

Durga said.

"Do it fast and at least then, stop troubling us."

Bhargava said, earning a jab from Mahika.

"Now turn to her parents also for permission."

"Athaiyya Mavaiyya, can I take your daughter to be my wife?"

"Please Alludu! We can get rid of this headache!"

Prabhavathy said and Parthavi glared at her.

"Don't! You are not supposed to look up!"

Bhoomi said infuriating Parthavi more. Everyone laughed.

"Now turn to everyone present here and seek their permission to marry this Kumarthi in their presence."

Raghunandhu turned to the audience with the Mangasutram held in his hands and showed it up and asked.

"Please give me your permission to take this woman as my wife."

"Kattu ra Manavada!"

Sundaramudu said.

"You have our permission."

Said Swarajyam. So did Mahika's parents. Raghunandhu smiled.

"Last chance my dear friend. We will give you permission now. Later, when you have a problem we are always on her side. think."

Maanas and Srinivas said.

"We are there on your side Thammudu. Don't worry. We know how much ruckus this girl can cause."

Bhoomi and Pritvi said.

"Yeah bro. Think!"

Ishaani said and Raghunandhu just smiled shaking his head.

"It's decided."

He said and everyone laughed. The priests cleared their throats.

"Good. Now repeat after us Pelli Kumara."

Mangalyam tantunanena mamah jeevana hetunah

Kanthe badhnami subhage twam jeeva sarada satam

"I am tying this Pavitra Mangala Sutramu, that shall be the foundation of my life, around your neck, who is the source of all my spiritual riches to come. By doing so I am blessed to be as your partner for a thousand seasons (And Vice Versa)."

Raghunandhu repeated and tied the Mangalasutram around Parthavi's neck. Parthavi's face bloomed in a beautiful smile as she looked up at Raghunandhu who tied the first knot.

"Put only one knot and the next knot with the help of your sister."

Shankaram and Narasimha Shastry said. Shantha, smiling, bent down to tie the second knot as Bhoomi and Harshita held up Parthavi's' braid and garland.

"Now repeat the same for the second Mangalasuram Pelli Kumara."

Raghunandhu did the same and tied it around Parthavi's neck.

Her smile widened as her face glowed in happiness which reflected on Raghunandhu's face.

Mangalyadharana Muhurtha subhamuhurtho astu

The priests chanted as they prayed for this to be auspicious and good for the life of the new couple.

"Mine!"

"You are mine too."

They said to each other and smiled. Shantha and Bhoomi who were behind them cleared their throats and chuckled as they saw Raghunandhu's ears turning red and so were Parthavi's cheeks.

"This is so not fair!"

Raghunandhu chided as he stood up.

"Life is never fair"

Shantha said laughing.

"Amma Pelli Kumarthi. You too stand up."

Both of them were made to stand facing everyone.

"Now elders can bless the couple with the Akshada given to them."

All the elders present there blessed the couple as they stood with their hands folded together recieving blessings.

Hariharan had tears in his eyes seeing his daughter married. But there two other people who were holding their tears and trying hard to control themselves from crying out loud.

Bhoomi went and stood between Prabhavathy and Vasudhara after handing Dhitvi to Prithvi. As soon as she touched their shoulders, they both turned to her and hid their faces.

Bhoomi just let them as they were yet to go through the Appagintalu(Sending off of Parthavi).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.2K 3.7K 52
𝕾𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖔 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖆𝖓 is a heartwarming tale of two contrasting souls brought together in matrimony, where the clash of personalities evo...
1.6M 115K 80
"मोहब्बत इस दुनिया की सबसे खूबसूरत चीज है। जो हमें उनसे हो गई है। अब या तो मेरी मोहब्बत उनके साथ मुकम्मल होगी या फिर उनके प्यार में फनाह होगी"। _____...
129K 6.2K 40
This story is about a woman named Anupama. This is the story of her life, her imotions and her loss. She got married in the age of 21, getting Sahil...
7.8M 307K 60
Samara comes closer to me, now studying my face. Her eyes are wandering all over my facial features. I contort my face in confusion at her weird star...