I'll never love again [1]

By BouquetOfTacos

Elena and Natalia Gilbert, fraternal twins. After their parents' deaths, nothing was ever the same. Months ha... More

INTRODUCTION
THE RETURN
BRAVE NEW WORLD
BAD MOON RISING
MEMORY LANE
KILL OR BE KILLED
PLAN B
MASQUERADE
ROSE
KATERINA
THE SACRIFICE
BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON
THE DESCENT
DADDY ISSUES
CRYING WOLF
THE DINNER PARTY
THE HOUSE GUEST
KNOW THY ENEMY
THE LAST DANCE
KLAUS
THE LAST DAY
THE SUN ALSO RISES
AS I LAY DYING
THE BIRTHDAY
THE HYBRID
THE END OF THE AFFAIR
DISTURBING BEHAVIOR
THE RECKONING
SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT
GHOST WORLD
ORDINARY PEOPLE
HOMECOMING
THE NEW DEAL
OUR TOWN
THE TIES THAT BIND
BRINGING OUT THE DEAD
DANGEROUS LIAISONS
ALL MY CHILDREN
1912
BREAK ON THROUGH
THE MURDER OF ONE
HEART OF DARKNESS
DO NOT GO GENTLE
BEFORE SUNSET
THE DEPARTED
GROWING PAINS
MEMORIAL
THE RAGER
THE FIVE
THE KILLER
WE ALL GO A LITTLE MAD SOMETIMES
MY BROTHER'S KEEPER
WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE BOURBON STREET
O COME, ALL YE FAITHFUL
AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN
A VIEW TO KILL
STAND BY ME
BRING IT ON
BECAUSE THE NIGHT
AMERICAN GOTHIC
PICTURES OF YOU
THE ORIGINALS
SHE'S COME UNDONE
THE WALKING DEAD
GRADUATION
SEQUEL

INTO THE WILD/DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE

1.9K 62 6
By BouquetOfTacos

"We're finally together." Nat said, a wide smile tugging on her lips as she looked around the table. Next to her was Elijah, looking at her tenderly. In front of her were Rebekah and Kol and Klaus was in the head seat. "I'm so happy to be here with you, guys."

"As are we, Natalia." Klaus replied and raised his cup of wine. "To a long and happy life together."

"Cheers!"

They all raised their cups and clinked them together. Suddenly, Kol gasped loudly, startling Nat. Behind him stood Elena holding the white oak stake, which was now buried inside Kol's body.

"No!" She screamed and threw her chair back. Elena ripped the stake out of Kol's body and it started to burn.

"Who should I kill next? Maybe Rebekah." Her sister said before her eyes landed on the blonde Original.

"No!" Nat was about to run to her friend, but her arms were suddenly held back. She turned her head to the side and found Jeremy looking at Elena emotionlessly.

"Do it quickly." He told her and Elena nodded. Nat started thrashing in his arms as tears started falling down her face.

"Stop! Bekah, do something!" She yelled at the blonde, but the Original stayed rooted in place. Nat turned to Klaus and saw his blank expression. She then turned to Elijah and saw him staring at his sister unblinkingly. "Do something! Please!" She cried out.

Elena raised the stake and plunged into Rebekah's heart. Nat screamed again and headbutted her brother, startling him and throwing him back. She kicked him in the face hard and tried to run to Elena, who was now grabbing the stake from Rebekah's burnt body.

"Not so fast." Damon appeared in front of her, a smirk tugging on his lips. She turned to the side but found Stefan standing there.

"You're not going to stop us." He told her and grabbed a knife from the table, stabbing her in the stomach after. She gasped loudly and quickly placed her hand on the open wound before looking up at her sister, who was now walking towards Klaus. She shut her eyes in pain and breathed heavily.

Suddenly, she felt a hand on her hair, making her open her eyes. She looked behind her and found Klaus looking at her softly, alive and well. She looked around and noticed that they were standing in the field in the old village.

"It's okay. It was only a bad dream, but it's over now. We are not going anywhere." He assured her and she nodded. "Now come on, lay down here and close your eyes." She easily complied and soon, they were laying on the grass, Nat with her eyes closed and her heart now beating steadily.

"Don't leave me, Nik." She said softly.

"Never." He replied and a small smile made its way onto her lips.

Nat's eyes fluttered open as sunlight filtered through the windows. She groggily got up and found Klaus standing with his back turned to her. She walked slowly towards him and found him staring at Kol's burnt body, clearly upset.

"Hey." She mumbled and he glanced at her.

"How did you sleep?"

"Awful." She replied. "Kept having nightmares of all of you dying in front of me." She folded her arms on her chest and looked away.

"I know. I heard you whimpering, so I tried to take you away from the nightmare." He replied and she looked at him thankfully.

"Thanks." He nodded and they both stared at Kol's body. Suddenly, the front door opened and footsteps approached them.

"Morning, sunshine. You look pathetic." Tyler's voice rang through the house and Klaus and Nat turned to the hybrid.

"Only until Bonnie's spell locking us here wears off. Then I'll look different." Klaus told him. "Angrier, perhaps. Or I won't look like anything because I'll have gouged your eyeballs from their sockets." He threatened Tyler and Nat stared at him.

"My friends will be back with the cure by then. So, I could shove it down your throat and make you mortal." Tyler retorted and he glanced at Nat, who was glaring at him.

"I'm an Original. What makes you think my entire vampire bloodline won't be cured along with me? I.e., you."

"You know what I think? I think that's impossible. I think the moment you stop being a vampire, our whole blood connection to you is broken, and your sireline ceases to exist." Tyler replied. "So, whatever happens to you, happens only to you, which means I can kill your ass and no one else has to die. Although I am still debating just how to do it." Nat raised an eyebrow and smiled at him amusedly.

"I recommend drowning." She said out loud and Tyler whipped his head towards her, suddenly looking surprised. Klaus rushed at him, but was stopped by the barrier.

"There's nothing quite like the feeling of someone fighting for something as basic as human breath. And let me tell you, your mother was a fighter." Klaus taunted him and Tyler glared at the Original. Nat licked her lips and stared at him pleased by his reaction.

"You knew that he killed my mother?" Tyler asked her in disbelief.

"Of course I knew, Tyler. I helped him clean up all the blood of his hybrids and then he confessed. Explicitly." She shrugged and he frowned at her.

"Why would you keep this from me?"

"Tyler, you're mistaking me for someone that cares about you and your life." Nat told him. "I don't."

"We're friends."

"Uh, correction. We've known each other our entire lives and you fell in love with my best friend. That's about it." He shook his head slowly and Nat looked at him questioningly. "Tell me the last time we ever had a conversation that lasted more than five minutes and where we didn't talk about the supernatural or Caroline." He opened his mouth to answer but stopped himself. "Exactly what I thought."

"You've changed." Tyler told her after a moment and she smiled.

"Good." She turned to Klaus and saw his proud smile. "Now, why don't you bring me a change of clothes and some food? I'm hungry."

"After you being a dick to me? I don't think so." Tyler retorted. Nat chuckled quietly and held out his hand for Klaus to take, who immediately did. She turned around and looked at Tyler who suddenly started yelling in pain. "What are you doing?!"

"I'm just making your blood boil." She answered nonchalantly. He fell to the floor and screamed louder. After a minute of him whimpering on the floor, he finally relented.

"Okay, fine! Stop! I'll bring you whatever you want!" Nat let go of Klaus' hand and stopped hurting Tyler. He panted heavily and looked up at her angrily. "What do you want me to bring you?"

"You're still here?" Caroline's voice snapped Nat out of her thoughts. "What are you doing?" She asked out loud, her words directed at Tyler.

"Gloating." Nat and Klaus looked at each other and emerged from the living room, walking as far as they could within the confines of the spell. They saw Caroline standing next to Tyler in the kitchen as he poured himself a drink.

"Hello, Caroline." Klaus told him with a smile and she glared at him for a moment before turning back to Tyler.

"Come home. Don't stoop to his level." The blonde pleaded and Tyler shook his head. Nat stifled a laughter and Caroline glanced at her for a second before looking back at her boyfriend.

"He destroyed my life. I plan on being present for every second of his misery until I can kill him myself." Tyler told her and Caroline sighed.

"Fine. You can gloat and multitask. This place is a disaster. Starting with a horrific burnt corpse." She muttered and crouched down as she opened a cabinet. She took out a tablecloth and her and Tyler covered up Kol's body. Nat took a deep breath and her eyes watered a little. She blinked the tears away and looked at Klaus.

"Tyler's mother is dead. So is my brother. We're even." He said and his eyes landed on Caroline. "Call Bonnie. Get her let us out of here."

"I will never, ever , help you." She said venomously. Her eyes then trailed off to Nat, who was glaring at her. "I'm sorry, Nat. But you're too much of a problem right now." Nat only stared at her blankly, not saying anything.

"How quickly you forget the part where I saved Tyler from the misery of being a werewolf." Klaus' words snapped Caroline back to him. "Or the night your mother invited me into her home to save the life of her precious daughter."

"How delusional are you?" Caroline asked in disbelief. "You killed his mother ." She pointed at her boyfriend and started walking closer. "And let's not forget that we're standing in a house where Elena and Nat's aunt Jenna used to live. Or did you think that your charm would make us forget how you killed her too?" She ranted off before shaking her head and clapping her hands together. "You know what? No. I am not going to engage in this. You are not even worth the calories I burnt talking to you."

Nat looked at her unimpressed by her little rant while Klaus stared at her, visibly upset by her words. Suddenly, he picked up a nearby floor lamp and impaled Caroline in the stomach.

"No!" Tyler yelled and Nat raised her eyebrows as Klaus swung Caroline over to his side of the magical barrier and bit her neck. After a moment, she fell to the floor and Nat watched her fall.

"Now, that was definitely worth the calories." Klaus said with an amused smile. Nat looked at the blonde on the floor and rolled her eyes.

"That is one nasty bite, Tyler." She noted and he looked at her in disbelief.

"You don't even care about her? She's your best friend!" He yelled loudly as he walked over to her and picked her up.

"You still don't get it." She chuckled humorlessly. "None of you cared about me or what I wanted after you found out about my past. The only thing you cared about was killing Klaus and his family, even after I asked you not to, multiples times." She paused for a moment and looked at the blonde. "Consider this payback for all the times you tried to kill my family." She looked at Klaus and saw the proud look on his face when she referred to him and his siblings as her family.

"Oh my God! Oh my God!" Caroline started saying in a desperate tone as Tyler settled her down on a sofa.

"Hey, hey. Look at me. Look at me. I can fix this." Tyler tried to assure her softly.

"How? The only thing that can heal me is his blood!" Caroline pointed at Klaus as she cried. Nat sat down on a chair and looked at the scene in front of her. "Oh my God..."

"I know. I'll fix it." Tyler told her and she nodded. He got up and faced the Original. "She'll die if you don't heal her."

"Okay." Klaus told him calmly and bit his wrist, extending his arm. "Beg me to save her life." Nat rolled her eyes at his words.

"Is this what you want? To remind me that I'm powerless against you? Fine. You win. I'm nothing. Now save her. Please." Nat had to give it to him, even if he was a dick, Tyler did love Caroline a lot, and this just showed that he would do anything for her. But she knew Klaus wouldn't give it to him so easily, he wanted him to suffer as he had.

"I'm sorry, mate. I didn't quite catch that."

"Please."

"Please..."

"Please save her life." Tyler begged him.

"See, now I think you're just telling him what he wants to hear." Nat interjected and Tyler glared at her. "I mean, you did call him pathetic earlier."

"And wouldn't it be more pathetic of me to help now, knowing that hours ago you announced your plan to kill me in a manner in which you're debating because you want it to have a certain amount of flair? I'm just asking." Klaus asked him, a smirk present on his lips.

"I'll be your slave again." Caroline snapped her head up and looked at Tyler in surprise. "I'll do whatever you want. Just help her."

"No."

"Get me out of here." Tyler turned to the vampire and saw her angry face. "I can't even look at them." She looked between Nat and Klaus in disgust. Tyler walked towards her and helped her up gently.

"Come on." They went upstairs, leaving the other two alone. Nat placed her hands on her head and shook her head.

"I hate this." Klaus sat down next to her and she looked up at him. "Look at what this cure did to all of us. I hate it and I can't stand the thought of Elena and everyone getting their happy ending while we're stuck in here without having the chance to properly mourn Kol."

"At least Caroline won't get her happy ending." He mumbled and Nat tilted her head.

"Nik, we both know it hurt you when you bit her." She murmured and he looked at her. "It upset me too, you know? I just- I'm so full of anger and rage and I just..."

"You want to take it out on them." He finished and she nodded. "Have you talked to Elijah?" He asked and she shook her head.

"I figured I'd give him time to process the whole Kol thing." She shrugged and looked forward blankly. "I did try to call Kat but she didn't answer."

"Ah, Katerina." He nodded his head slowly. "Any chance you know where she might be hiding?" She chuckled quietly and shook her head.

"I don't. And even if I did, I wouldn't tell you." He laughed at that and nodded.

"I know. She's your sister, after all." They stayed silent for a moment before he spoke again. "How does Elena feel about that?"

"She doesn't like it, of course. But well, it's not like I care what she wants anymore." She muttered.

They stayed like that for a while, each of them lost in their own thoughts. Klaus was probably thinking about Caroline and Kol, while Nat couldn't think of anything but her siblings. She still couldn't believe they had killed Kol just to get the map to the cure. If she was being honest, she was hurt and angry that they didn't care what she wanted. Jeremy thought she didn't care about them, but truth was, they didn't care about her at all.

She heard footsteps approaching and looked up, seeing Tyler carrying Caroline into the living room. He laid her down on the couch and looked up at Klaus.

"You want to be in control, Klaus? Here. Now you get to be in control of her life. If you want her to die, fine. But then you can sit here and watch her die yourself." He said out loud and left the house. Nat and Klaus exchanged looks and he walked towards the vampire.

"Nothing personal, love. If I cure you, that means victory for him. Don't worry. It won't be long now." Caroline started breathing heavily and closed her eyes. Nat got up from her place and walked to the other side of the room. Suddenly, her phone started ringing and Klaus looked at her questioningly.

"Elijah?" She asked over the phone and heard him take a deep breath.

"Forgive me for my reaction yesterday." He told her and she turned around, her back towards Klaus and Caroline. "I was... caught off guard."

"It's okay." She told him softly and looked up at the ceiling nervously.

"I assume your siblings killed Kol to complete the mark." She frowned at his words, not knowing how he knew about Jeremy. "Rebekah kept me updated on the search for the cure." He explained and she nodded.

"Yeah. When he died, so did his entire sireline."

"Where are you right now?"

"Bonnie trapped Nik and I in my living room while the whole gang went to find the cure." She muttered quietly.

"How long will you be stuck?"

"Not long, four days at the most." She told him as she looked around the room. "I can't even siphon this magic because Bonnie made sure it would kill me if I tried."

"I don't recall her being that strong."

"She practices Expression now, so..." Nat trailed off.

"How are you?" He asked her then and Nat bit her lower lip.

"Not good if I'm being honest. I..." She was about to go on but remembered Caroline and Klaus were still in the room. She felt weird with them listening to such a private moment. "I have to go. I'll talk to you later."

"Sleep well, Natalia." She smiled to herself and he hung up. Nat turned around and found Klaus staring at her, eyebrows raised.

"Don't let me stop your conversation with my brother." She rolled her eyes and went back to the couch.

"If you don't feed me your blood, I'll die." Caroline's weak voice snapped them out of their conversation. Nat looked at her but Klaus looked the other way.

"Then you'll die and Tyler will have learned his lesson the hard way." He replied.

"How could you do this to him? To his mom? To me?" Caroline asked shakily and he shrugged.

"I'm a thousand years old. Call it boredom."

"I don't believe you."

"Fine. Then maybe it's because I'm pure evil and I can't help myself."

"It's because you were hurt. Which means that there is a part of you that is human." Caroline croaked and Nat looked down at her hands resting on her lap.

"How could you possibly think that?" Klaus asked her as he approached her and sat on the table next to the sofa.

"Because I've seen it. Because... I've caught myself wishing that I could forget all the horrible things that you've done." Caroline told him softly.

"But you can't. Can you?"

"You were in love with Nat." Nat snapped her head up and looked at her. "And I know that you're in love with me. Anybody capable of love is capable of being saved."

"You're hallucinating." Klaus told her as he looked away. Nat looked at him softly, knowing that he didn't want her to die.

"I guess I'll never know." Caroline finally said and her breathing caught, making Nat look away as her eyes watered a little.

"Caroline?" Klaus asked when he heard her labored breathing, weak and fading. After a brief moment, he lifted the vampire into a sitting position and sat behind her. Nat looked at him with a small smile and shook her head. Of course he wasn't gonna let her die. He bit his wrist and put it to her mouth and she started drinking. He smoothed her hair as she regained her strength and continued to drink his blood, effectively curing her from the werewolf venom.

"Tell me you're not serious." Caroline said loudly over the phone. "Well, where's Damon in all this? Meaning what?" Her face changed into one of worry and confusion as Nat and Klaus watched her from the living room. "Do you think Shane took him?" She listened to Elena's words and looked down. "I'm so sorry. I wish I was there to help. Anything. Tell me." She said eagerly and Nat furrowed her brows at her words. "Unless you get the Hunter's Sword from Klaus. I'll find it, don't worry. Just e-mail me photos of Jeremy's tattoo. I'll find the sword and I'll call you back." She said over the phone and Nat crossed her arms. "Bye." She hung up and grabbed her jacket.

"Need my help with anything, love?" Klaus asked her smirking.

"Nope." She strode out of the house without looking at them and Nat sighed.

"What did Elena say?"

"Shane took Jeremy and Bonnie and Damon's been taken by some stranger in the island." Nat chuckled quietly and paced around the room.

"So their quest to the cure is being sabotaged." She noted and he nodded. "Good. I hope they find nothing there."

"Even Rebekah?" He asked her and she shrugged.

"I want her to be happy, but..." She trailed off and sat down on a chair. "I don't know. I just don't want Elena to get it. Not after what she did."

"What will you do after?" He asked curiously and she looked up at him. "When Bonnie spell lifts and they come back. What will you do?"

"Well, first I'm gonna pack up my stuff." He raised an eyebrow at those words. "I can't live here anymore, Nik. This isn't my home, I don't even think it's been my home for some time now." She paused and took a deep breath. "When Elena fell and died on that bridge, that's when things changed and I can't pretend that they are okay, because they're not.

"So you'll leave."

"Mhm. I'll take you up on that offer." She smiled at him and he nodded.

"You're always welcome, love."

"Thank you." She bit her lower lip and looked away, her gaze landing on a photo standing by the door. Jeremy, Elena and Nat were making silly faces at the camera, just being kids and having fun. "This place... it hurts too much. I don't want to be here, I want to be happy and I can't do that here."

He nodded and she smiled at him. They stayed like that for some time, bored out of their minds without anything to do. After an hour or two, Caroline and Tyler walked in the house. She was holding a laptop in her hand while Tyler held the sword wrapped in a blanket. Nat was on the wall and Klaus was leaning on the coffee table, both of them staring at the couple.

"Well, if it isn't little orphan Lockwood. Come to show how laughably impotent you are against me?" Klaus taunted and Tyler kept walking.

"I'm just trying to help my friends find the cure." He told the Original as Caroline sat on the couch. Tyler unwrapped the blanket and held up the sword. "Found this in your attic."

"And you think finding the sword brings you closer to the cure?" Klaus asked him.

"You tell me. I was playing around with the handle on the ride over and I found this." He unwrapped the leather on the top of the sword and Nat looked at it curiously. Klaus got up and walked over to Tyler, Nat doing the same and staring at the sword.

"And what do you think 'this' is?" Klaus asked him amusedly.

"It's called a cryptex." Caroline said from behind and they looked at her. "I've seen the da Vinci Code." She muttered to Tyler and then looked back at the sword. "You turn the different sides to the different symbols to get the translation on the other side." She turned to the table and grabbed some papers. "And with the magic of the Internet, Elena sent over these." She held up print-outs of Jeremy's tattoo, Nat looking at them mildly impressed. "So now all we have to do is cryptex away." She sat down and looked at Klaus and Nat. "If you two happened to want to help, we wouldn't stop you."

"Pass." Nat said with a sarcastic smile.

"Right. Well, might I suggest using the magic of the internet to purchase and Aramaic-to-English dictionary from your nearest retailer." Klaus told Caroline and Tyler smirking. The latter furrowed his brows and turned to his girlfriend.

"What's Aramaic?"

"It's a dead language." Nat told him, a smirk making its way onto her lips. "It hasn't been used since biblical times." She shrugged and Caroline and Tyler's faces fell.

"Qetsiyah's native tongue, I'm guessing." Klaus noted and turned around. "You know, even if you had the best dictionary in the world, it could take days to translate." He sat down and looked at them with a fake sad face. "Perhaps weeks." He looked down and exhaled. "In bas so-teen-too ara-ma-eet ." Nat turned to him and narrowed her eyes. Was he...?

"What does that mean?" Caroline asked him.

"If only you spoke Aramaic." He told her, a wide grin on his lips. Nat laughed quietly and sat on the couch next to the coffee table.

"Of course you speak that." He shrugged and they watched Caroline and Tyler. The blonde opened her computer and started typing away, while Tyler spread out the pictures of Jeremy's tattoo. "This is by far the most entertained I've been in a long time."

"You know, we can still hear you." Caroline commented, not looking up from the computer.

"I know. I don't care." She replied. The blonde rolled her eyes and kept typing. After a moment, she grabbed an index card and wrote something on it. It went on like that for some time, Caroline and Tyler mumbling against themselves and writing various things on the index cards. After some time, Caroline clapped her hands together.

"Okay, this is it. We've translated all the symbols on the tattoo." She grabbed a piece of paper and started reading. "Passage inside... requires a young senator and a pretty flower." Nat and Klaus looked at each other with amused expressions. "Okay, none of this makes sense!" She exclaimed irritated.

"Requires a powerful witch and a hunter in full bloom." Klaus translated. Nat looked at him confused, as did Tyler and Caroline.

"What are you doing?" Tyler asked.

"I don't need to tell you my reasons. Caroline. Bring my sword over here." She looked at her boyfriend and grabbed the sword, walking closer to the invisible barrier. Nat and Klaus went over to her, and look at the cryptex.

"Silas rests on the far side, the means of his destruction at hand." Klaus glanced at the picture of Jeremy's tattoo on the computer screen and then back at Caroline. "Turn the cryptex to the right." She obliged and he read closely. "The top of the hilt reveals a key to a nautical map. Turn it to the left." She did it and he frowned. "Now turn the other piece." Nat stared at him expectantly and he looked up. "There's something else." He spoke Aramaic and Caroline knitted her eyebrows in confusion.

"What does it mean?" Klaus only smiled at her mischievously and she raised her eyebrows. "Klaus, what does it mean?"

"Hello?" Rebekah's voice startled Nat a little and she snapped her head to Caroline and Tyler.

"Hey, it's Caroline. We have the translation of the tattoo. We're emailing you pictures of the map and instructions right now." Caroline said loudly. Nat was standing by the barrier and Klaus was pacing around the room.

"Got it. Thanks."

"Actually, it was me." Klaus spoke and Nat looked at him.

"Nik, you helped?" Rebekah asked shocked.

"You sound so surprised, little sister."

"Shouldn't I be? I mean, you don't want me to be human. You don't want any of us to be human. Why would you help us find the cure?" Rebekah said matter of factly.

"Maybe I finally realized the longer I stand in the way of what you want, the longer you'll continue to hate me. Perhaps I want my sister to finally know happiness." He shrugged and Nat narrowed her eyes at him. That was a bunch of bullshit. Sure, he loved Rebekah, but Klaus didn't suddenly have a change of heart.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me a hundred times-"

"No more fooling." Klaus interrupted her. "No more games. I hope you get to live and die as you wish."

"So do I." Rebekah replied and Nat smiled lightly at her words.

"There is one more thing, Rebekah." Caroline, Nat and Tyler looked up at him curiously. "There is only one dose of the cure. You need to find it first and take it. It's the only way you'll-" Tyler immediately ended the call, but it was too late. Rebekah had heard enough.

"Oh my God." Nat whispered, a smile making its way onto her lips. "Oh, this is just amazing." Caroline and Tyler looked up at her. "I wonder who will get to the cure first. My bet is Rebekah, of course." She laughed loudly and shook her head, suddenly happy about it.

"Are you serious right now?" Caroline asked as she stood up and Nat looked at her. "You're really gonna act like the bad guy? Is that what you're gonna do now?"

"You know what, Caroline, you can call me whatever you want. I'm done with all of you."

"We're supposed to be friends. Best friends. Elena is your sister!" The blonde yelled angrily and Nat stood up angrily.

"She stopped being my sister the moment she and Jeremy conspired against Kol."

"He was trying to get Damon to kill Jeremy!"

"And we were gonna dagger him!" Nat yelled back. "We just needed the dagger and they needed to wait a little longer! But no, Elena took it upon herself to kill him and now, it's coming to bite her in the ass."

"I can't believe you. I can't believe you're really turning into them." Caroline said in disbelief.

"News flash, Caroline, I've been this way for a long time! You just don't care, none of you do!"

"That's not true. We love you and we care about you." Caroline told her and Nat crossed her arms.

"Really? Tell me the last time you and I sat down and talked about something that wasn't Elena related. Tell me the last time you asked about my life, about my relationships, about my magic!" Caroline looked at her unblinkingly. "You may not like it, and I don't care, really, but Klaus and his siblings? They've been there for me. Always. They've supported me, helped me, hell, they've been the only ones to actually ask about how I felt after Ric died."

"Nat..."

"No." She shook her head. "You know I'm right. You just have to accept it and move on." Caroline looked away and Nat tried to calm her breathing. Suddenly, Tyler got up from the couch and walked to the front door. Caroline followed him outside, leaving Nat with Klaus.

"Those were some harsh words." Klaus commented from behind her. She sighed heavily and walked over to him until she stood in front of him.

"It was true." He nodded and looked at the door. "So there's only one dose." He looked back at her and nodded.

"Let's hope Rebekah gets to it first."

"Will you kill Tyler?"

"After he came to gloat and made fun of me? Of course." She nodded and looked away. He walked to the armchair on the side and sat down, Nat laying down on the couch and closing her eyes. After a few minutes of total silence, the door opened again.

"You can't kill Tyler." Nat heard Caroline say softly.

"Not only can I, I have to. I have a reputation to uphold. Moreover, I want to." Klaus replied calmly.

"I'm not asking you to forgive him. All I'm asking is that you let him live, somewhere far from here."

"So he gets to live a happy life after he turned all my hybrids against me, after he tried to kill me, after he made it his life's mission to find the cure so he could use it against me-"

"We all want the cure." Caroline said defensively.

"Do we?" Nat heard Klaus ask. "Do you?"

"It doesn't matter. There's only one, so it's not like I'm gonna get it anyway." Caroline muttered.

"But if you could... you wouldn't, would you?" At that, Nat's eyes opened. She looked up at the ceiling surprised at Klaus' words. Caroline remained silent, telling Nat everything she needed to know. So she liked being a vampire... "You prefer who you are now to the girl you once were. You like being strong, ageless, fearless." Klaus whispered the last part, but Nat heard it. "We're the same, Caroline."

"Then show me." The blonde said. "You know how much I love Tyler. You can see how scared I am to lose him. If you and I are so similar, then show me your compassion. Show him the mercy that I would show you." Nat looked up expectantly, wanting to hear what the Original would say.

"Mercy? For Tyler?" Klaus asked. "Very well. Tell him to leave town immediately." Nat saw him walking back from the corner of her eye. "And tell him to run and hide in a place I will never find him."

"Of course." Nat heard Caroline say excitedly.

"Tell him that this is the mercy I extend for your sake... that I will give him a head start before I kill him." Nat turned her head to the side and noticed Caroline's face fall as she heard Klaus' words. The blonde looked at Klaus for a moment before turning around and walking out of the house.

"Harsh." Nat mumbled as she sat up. Klaus looked at her and she shrugged. "Gave her hope and then crushed it all in less than a minute."

"You know I could never stop hunting him. He turned my hybrids against me, actively conspired to bury me alive. The only reason he didn't kill me is because of the sireline."

"If you die, he dies."

"And so does Katerina, Elena, Damon, Stefan, Caroline and many others."

"Did you always know you were the one that sired their bloodline?" She asked him curiously and he nodded his head.

"As soon as I found out they were trying to find out who they were descended from, I told Kol to kill Mary Porter."

"So you were the one that turned her." He nodded. "Was she the first person you turned?"

"No." She looked at him curiously and he sighed. "It was some servant in France we met years after we left our home."

"Is he still alive?"

"I don't know. Maybe." He shrugged. "I don't really keep track of people I turn." She chuckled quietly and nodded. "Do you..." He trailed off and watched her hesitantly.

"Do I want to become a vampire?" He nodded and she took a deep breath. "I do. The human life is not meant for me. Not anymore, at least. But I want to hold on to my magic for a bit longer. When the time comes, I'll turn."

"Who do you want to turn you? Elijah, I assume."

"I don't know, it's not something I want to decide at the moment." He nodded and she got up, pacing around the room. Suddenly, she felt the air change. She frowned and looked around the room suspiciously.

"What?" Klaus got up and looked at her worriedly.

"Something's changed." She told him and he tilted his head, clearly confused. "I don't feel the magic anymore. When Bonnie trapped us here, I felt this energy, but now it's gone." She walked to the barrier and slowly raised her hand.

"Natalia..." She pushed her hand forward and found nothing. "Why would Bonnie lift the spell?"

"She wouldn't." Nat turned back around. "She drew on the new moon for this spell, which means that we should've been stuck here for four days. It's only been two." He looked at her quizzically and she sighed. "Something must've happened to her, she must have been hurt."

"Right, well, we better leave, then."

"You go ahead. I'll start packing my stuff, okay?"

"I'll have your room ready. Call me if you need anything." She nodded and he walked to the door while she walked upstairs. She entered her room and looked around, taking in everything for the last time. This had been her home for so long and now... now it was just filled with bad memories of the people she loved the most. This was the place her parents, Jenna and Ric used to live and now it was the place Kol had been killed.

Well, that's just the way of life, Nat thought. She kneeled on the floor and stuck her hand under her bed, grabbing a suitcase and placing it on the bed after. She opened it and exhaled deeply.

Time to move out and move on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 55 10
Maddie Gilbert the perfect friend, sister, and overall person. Until her parents passed away and she started getting these visions about power and ma...
3.4K 53 13
A Petrova Doppelganger An Original Hybrid A Vampire And a betrayal Both Katherine and her sister were on the run , being hunted , but for very diffe...
2.4K 96 18
"You're the key Georgia, I know you don't realise it but your everything to him" Georgia Gilbert wasn't considered to be the favourite of the Gilber...
728K 16.3K 190
Lydia Rosette Gilbert. The youngest of the Gilbert siblings. A family known for staying strong and staying together, despite the many tragedies they...