Deep In The Woods| ✅

By Being_A_Pluviophile

❝𝐘𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝘆𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉𝖓❜𝖙 𝖇𝖊 𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖉.❝ ❝𝑨𝖑𝖕𝖍𝖆... More

THANK YOU NOTE!
Copyright(Do Not Steal My Idea)
Characters And Their Beauty: Part-1
Dear Cass,
Chapter 1: The Hell Hole
Chapter 2: A Fighter
Chapter 3: Family
Chapter 4: The Beautiful Cliff!
Chapter 5: "Not completely human, I guess."
Characters And Their Beauty: Part-2
Chapter 6: Sand Has Noodles!
Chapter 7: She loves us. Just like Lia.
Republic Day 2020
Chapter 8: The prison of a room!
Chapter 9: The Alpha's Conflict
Chapter 10: The Count To Ten
Chapter 11: The Run
Chapter 12: I Miss You, Dad!
Chapter 13: The Shopping!
Chapter 14: The Heat
Chapter 16: Meet Ruby Arizona!
Chapter 17: Human sacrifice for the good of the Werewolf Kind.
Characters And Their Beauty: Part-3
Chapter 18: I never said that I was a saint!
Chapter 19: "When do you think it's gonna happen?"
Chapter 20: The Second Run!
New Cover! Yayyy!!
Chapter 21: "We are the greatest of friends!"
Chapter 22: When The Pack Stood For Their Human Luna.
Chapter 23: The Clue!
Chapter 24: We're gonna be okay, Mom
Chapter 25: The End Of His Atrocities!
Chapter 26: Is this the dead end?
Chapter 27: Any idea why we love Sand?
Chapter 28: Eventually, everything connects!
Chapter 29: Linda, my hero!
Chapter 30: Gaby's Forgetfulness!
Chapter 31: Her hidden story!
Chapter 32: Our dear Blue's mate!
Characters And Their Beauty: Part-4
Chapter 33: Lovely Imogen's Mate!
Epilogue: The last puzzle piece!
DISCORD!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 15: 'We're pregnant with Aura's baby.'

161 32 207
By Being_A_Pluviophile

The chapter dedicated to xxuniversalx. Thank You So Much for supporting me... 

The chapter also dedicated to   Valdez_is_mineInnocent_Devil_acedarlingron,  Whatamemeworld, and mischief_makers_rule. I love you guys so much! 

This is An amazing Chapter! Read On!

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

There are no beautiful surfaces
without a terrible depth.
~Friedrich Nietzsche

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

Mathew:

I woke up to a certain sleeping redhead who stole my heart the moment I laid my eyes on her. There she laid my arms sleeping soundly without a care in the world. A soft, effortless smile graced my face. 

A small voice kept nagging at the back of my mind reminding me of a very important task that I had to complete today. I had questions that needed answering. There were demons of the past and the present knocking on my door.

But everything faded into oblivion as I held this angel in my arms. All that my mind registered was her red tangled locks, her soft lips set in a cute pout, and her small frame curled up against my chest with her leg over my waist and her arm around me. 

I bent down to skim my lips over her shoulder and placed gentle kisses trailing towards her neck. I smiled as she moaned in her sleep and tightening her arm around me. I just buried my face in the crook of her neck and just enjoyed basking in her scent.

I just trailed my fingers down her back tracing patterns on her soft, delicate skin. When I heard her heartbeat quicken, I knew she was awake. I placed a lingering kiss on the mating mark and looked at her to find those two sea-green orbs looking at me, a deep emotion swirling in them.

"Good Morning, Rainbow," my voice came out huskily.

She smiled radiantly as her cheeks tinged pink. She placed a chaste kiss on my lips as my heart raced like I ran a hundred miles without a break.

"Good Morning, Matt." She answered shyly while tracing her thumb on my lower lip.

" Wild night, huh?" I smirked while she went beet red.

She then gasped with realization. She let out a squeal as she unhooked her leg from around my waist crawled away trying to drown herself in the blanket.

I frowned, sat up, and pulled her towards me. " What's wrong?" 

She looked as red as her hair while I sat confused at her behavior. 

 She spoke with her face buried in her hands and the blanket muffling her voice and making it sound something like, "Whap bho youb meab? I'b nakeb?!"

I laughed so hard that tears leaked from my eyes and I felt a pillow slap me square in the face. Yeah, people! Meet my lovely mate.

I then looked at her and wiggled my eyebrows, " Well, little rainbow... I saw all of it last night... Why hide now?" My voice sounded husky as the need to take her again tawed at me. I picked a strand of her hair and played with it waiting for her to respond.

As she remained silent, I ventured into her mind through the mate bond trying to catch her train of thoughts. But, what I found there just made me fist my hand to stop myself from taking her again. 

Easy, Very Easy. Breathe in. Breathe out. Everything's fine. I try to think about the task I had to accomplish today. 

Wait, what was it? 

Breakfast? 

Yes, Breakfast. 

No. Not "the" Breakfast! Dirty mind! Bad mind!

Noodles!!

Where did that come from??

Why do I sound like I'm pregnant and on labor? What do they think during labor, anyway?

My monologue broke when I heard peals of laughter. " Oh my gosh! You are such a dork!" She laughed and flicked my forehead. "I am very sore. We are not having another round. "

My wolf puffed his chest in pride. What the hell? I did all the work last night. Not my wolf!

" Darling, your wolf gives you the strength. He does have a reason to be proud. " She told me in a shy voice, her face turning red again. 

I swear I saw my wolf grin and stick his tongue at me. Such a weird-ass wolf! But, I just gasped dramatically and said, "You don't love me! I worked so hard for this body and I get no love! " 

I pouted and gave her my amazingly toned back. I heard her giggle. I struggled to maintain my poker face. 

"Mathew!" She coaxed me. I heard her wrap the blanket around herself securely. Then she trailed kisses from my shoulder down my biceps. I bit my lip to stop my smile. My heart raced and I felt dizzy and drunk with love.

" Matt, come on! Won't you look at me... Yes, you have an amazing body that you worked hard for... And I love it. I Love You! "

I turned and wrapped my arms around her as I mentally stuck my tongue at my wolf.  Zev just snorted and rolled his eyes. But, my ego plummeted when she said, "I Love You Both!"

"Now, go grab me my clothes... They're probably on the floor. "

I grabbed a pair of shorts and slipped myself into it. I picked up three pieces of shredded cloth that were supposed to be her shorts. The night before after two rounds, we decided to sleep. But then, things escalated again. I remembered shredding the same pair of shorts whose pieces I now held in my hands.

She looked at it in horror, "Those were my favorite pair of shorts!" She scowled. 

I gave her my magnificent smile and walked into the bathroom to fill her a warm bath instead to ease her soreness. I walked back to her and picked her off the bed as she squealed and complained of her nakedness. She relaxed when I placed an assuring kiss on her forehead.

I placed her into the bath and grabbed a stool to sit down. I had questions to ask and I'd forget again if I joined her in the bath. Better do the job when I'm sober.

" Tell me... Tell me why you didn't pick my calls. Why did you block out the mate bond?" I asked her. She reached out for my hand and placed her lips on my palm. " Cass has got the mark... What happened?"

"Matt, promise me that you won't act recklessly after you hear me out."

Now, I was worried. I could feel my wolf getting angry at the possibility of... But, I still said, "I Promise."

.

.

.

By the time she finished telling me, I could feel my entire body shaking. Cass has been through a lot in her past already. Of course, nobody knows that. She always seemed to conceal that side of hers. I wanted to kill. I don't care if he is my goddamn Alpha. I want to kill him.

" Matt!" I could feel Aurora trying to bring me out of my murderous state. But then, I stood up to walk out that door and kill her Goddamn brother. 

I heard a thud and a sob. I stopped in my tracks. I looked back to find Aura trying to stand on her feet. But, she was weak and fell to the ground. " Matt, please! " She was crying. My heart clenched painfully. Suddenly, I didn't feel very proud of being so harsh on her the night before.

I walked to her, picked her up, and put her in the tub. I then slipped in behind her and held her. She was still crying. " I'm so sorry. If I hadn't left that night, none of this would've happened." She spoke and sobbed.

"Hey, it's not your fault..." I rubbed her back and tried to kiss her tears away. " Cass is a very strong girl... She 'll be okay. I promise." I knew that because Cass had trusted me even after she went through that trauma. She isn't blinded by her fears. She sees things for what they are. She is a very strong fighter. 

She then told me about his Alpha blood trait and the consequences. She told me about her parents and how they faced it. I sighed. I had to talk to Cass. I had to know some truths. There was something that she had to know too. 

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

After getting Aura some breakfast and putting her to bed, I knocked on Anton's office door. My left hand clenched into a fist while I tried to control the fire burning inside me. My wolf looked unusually grave and sported a  calm that suspiciously seemed like the calm before a violent life-threatening storm. 

I heard shuffling. The door opened revealing an exhausted Anton who had bags under his eyes. He looked like crap. I just entered to find his desk full of papers and his computer booted on.

" Why?" I growled at him. " What were you thinking?" 

" I wasn't thinking! That was what had happened. My wolf was territorial. That witch Gerta had messed with my mind and put my wolf on the edge. She always had the power to do that. No one else can do what she's capable of. It became very difficult for me to control him. Then I come home only to find her missing. She had masked her scent quite well. I was the only one who could find her trail which was very faint. My wolf, Farkas was furious. It was like he was almost controlling me. It was so strong that I couldn't fight it. "

"Why did you keep me away from her? This wouldn't have happened then." 

He laughed bitterly, " You don't understand. If you had stayed, I would have probably killed for stopping me from reaching my mate. Then, I'd lose Aura too. " He gripped his hair and tugged at its roots in frustration. 

" Why did you actually keep me away, Alpha?"

" Please don't call me Alpha. I don't deserve that title. At least not from you. When I first found you both, she wasn't very dressed and you were standing in your half-naked glory.  What do you expect me to think? You are not blood-related! You tell me she's like your sister and you expect me to believe you?! She was covered in your scent! "

" Technically, yes. We were chased by rogues. She was injured on her back and I had to lick out her wounds. Stop acting like a caveman, Dude!"

He just growled at me and plopped down into his chair.  I grabbed a chair and sat down before him.

" You guys looked so... close. Don't bullshit me with this sister-brother crap!" He looked annoyed and looked suspiciously like a very, very jealous teenager who's worried about me stealing his crush.

And, I laughed. I actually laughed. Gosh! I probably am preggy. My mood swings are so unpredictable. But, Zev looked at ease. 

'We're pregnant with Aura's baby. We should visit the pack hospital soon.'  He told me seriously.

"Listen, brother. Let me tell you this. Cassandra is like my baby sister. She reminds me so much of Talia. You can say, I'm her adopted brother."  I swallowed my tears as my heart felt very heavy with the weight of my loss that I had been carrying for years. 

' Holy Noodles, We are definitely preggy. Your mood is changing like my appetite for different flavors of noodles.'

I laughed slightly and wiped the tears that escaped my dam. My wolf never failed to make me laugh. He was the biggest support I ever had in my life until Cass and Aura entered. Even now, he is my best friend. 

He gave me a knowing look, placed his hand on my shoulder, and said, "I'm so sorry, Mathew."

We remained in the silence for a while until Anton spoke, "Shit happened, Man! Now I don't know what to do. For once, I stand before you not as an Alpha, but as your sister's mate. As much as I hate to say this, I need your help." 

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

I then walked down to Cassandra's room and knocked on her door.  Olive opened the door to reveal a Cassandra who was gorging down a pile of chocolate-chip pancakes. Why do I get the feeling that she is stress-eating? 

" Good Morning, Cass. Olive, can you please give us some time alone?"

She looked at Cass who nodded gesturing her that it's alright and she walks out the door.  

"Cass, why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?" I could see her trying to tread carefully so as to not spill any information carelessly. Why does she always put her guard up even around me?

"Brian Rodriguez," I stated. I felt annoyed at the fact that she didn't tell me anything when I poured my entire story to her. Doesn't she trust me?  

She looked down at her lap meddling with her fingers. I saw a tear fall and glisten on her hand. "How did you know?" 

"Well, try the fact that the Claw Pack always left the news channel running on the T.V., while they worked around. Your image kept popping on the T.V. But, I hadn't known about it until two days ago. I was too busy training the wolves. The wolves are usually never interested in Human news. Sounds like FATE, doesn't it? " I probably looked very angry.

I walked towards the bed to sit beside her and she flinched. She got off the bed and stood as far as she could from me. I could hear her heart beating erratically. " Cass? Why didn't you tell me?" I felt so upset. I knew that I was scaring her. But, I wasn't ready to lose her again. The news that I saw two days back really scared me. I remembered ringing up Aura before she left to visit me in Claw Pack.

☆*: .。. Flashback 。.:*☆

"Hey Rainbow, is Cass alright?"

"Yeah, she's here and eating well... Is anything wrong, Matt?"

"Nope. Nothing at all. I was just worried." 

☆*: .。. End of flashback 。.:*☆

" I d-don't know," She replied softly, her eyes holding unshed tears.

I sighed and walked to her. I pulled her to the bed and sat her down. "Have you been watching the news off-late?"

She shook her head and said, " This room doesn't exactly have a TV." 

" No...  It was running even before you moved into this room." 

"I was, um..., too busy preparing to escape?"

I sighed and held her face in my hands. "Cass, it was on the news th-that they found your bo-body at the bottom of that cliff near a sp-spring. " I stammered.

Her eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

" What do you mean Mathew? What do you mean by 'They found My Body'?" She pulled at my collar looking at me with wide and worried eyes.

I took a deep breath. Gosh! I almost had a heart attack when I read that news. " This dude, Brian isn't an ordinary guy. There are some things that you have to know. He wanted to make everyone believe that you're dead! We don't exactly know why yet. 

He faked your death making it seem like a wolf attack. Whoever died in place of you, her face was unrecognizable, full of cuts and blood. But, there was a similar tattoo on her right thigh, same as yours! "

Out of all this information, all she reacted to was, "Oh my gosh! How do you know I have a tattoo on my thigh?"

I gave her the "Duh, Seriously!?" look.

"Oh! Oh, right. Umm... What- What else?" She probably didn't wanna make things awkward considering the fact that I did undress her initially... Of course, to save her Life! If her mate knew this, I'd be pulp by now.

"And umm, she had this pendant that was apparently gifted by your Dad... Your Mom justified that. "

"When did this happen?"

"Well, this was recent news. Three days back. Even the DNA report of the body was switched to positive. But for some reason, your Mom refused to believe it. And yes, listen carefully. Brian is a part of this huge human-trafficking black business. This was what my PI found from a person that he captured. He was a person who kidnapped and delivered people, mostly teenagers, and kids. But, that person didn't know where the business ran exactly. "

"You hired a PI?" 

"Yeah, yeah I did... There's more. The reason why your Mom put up with him for so long, was because they wanted you. But for some reason, they let you stay with your Mom, and Brian was placed there in your house. She was threatened that if she approached the authorities, they'd take you. We can't seem to find the missing pieces to this puzzle. It seems very... Off. "

She nodded slowly. " My mom may not seem like it, but I know how smart a person she is. I am just as clueless as you, Mathew. "

" There is something that your Mom isn't revealing. "

" Believe me when I say she is very calculative. I believe there a loophole among the police and the authorities. She knows that too. "

" You must stay here and stay low until my PI and I figure out what this shit is all about."

She just nodded. 

I smiled and hugged her. She just hugged me back.

We then looked at the leftover pile of chocolate-chip pancakes on the tray. 

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

Author's Note:(2900 words)

What I thought before I wrote this chapter:

What I actually wrote!

What do you think of Aurora and Mathew? I was very embarrassed to write that section initially...

Please let me know if there are any mistakes...

Vote And Comment Your Views!!

Take Care! Stay Safe!!

~Jahnavi

27th May 2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

702 32 13
Lanie Bythesea has attended St. Ailbe Catholic High for the past two years. Now in her Junior year, Lanie is excited to almost be done with high scho...
156K 9K 34
• Completed • • Highest Ranking • #6 Werewolf February 2022 • Awards • 1st Place Paranormal Category: Splendiferous Awards May 2021 • Summary • ...
14.1K 256 39
Tsk-tsk. Alex Hayes lets her anger get the best of her one horrible day. An abusive father takes role in beating his child senseless everyday for two...
9.7K 1.8K 97
COMPLETED ✔️ Previously known as Catch Cassandra and Jace... Remember how their story went? But hold on... this isn't about them. None of this is ab...