Life.

By shawlinsky

After Natalie's mother dies in a car accident. She has no choice but to move back to Omaha, Nebraska with he... More

Life.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 13

3.4K 62 21
By shawlinsky

Natalie's Pov

I continue driving to Ariana's. I'm speeding fast, I'm full of so much anger. Her house shouldn't be that much further. I'm not paying attention and I hear a loud horn and I see bright lights.

"Oh my god!" I scream.

I just ran a red light. Holy shit. I've never been so scared in my entire life. That was a close one...very close. I'm breathing heavily, I can't believe that just happened. I was lucky. My heart is still pounding as I finally approach Ariana's house. I park my car and knock on her door. She opens the door and gives me a hug.

"Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost," Ariana says while grabbing my shoulders.

"Today is just not my day.." I trail off.

"Come in, let's talk about it," Ariana says and I follow her upstairs.

We enter her room and it has a cozy feeling. It feels like a place where I'd want to lay in bed all day and block the world out.

"So what's bothering you?" Ariana asks while we sit down in her window seat.

"Well... I'll tell you the good news first...you know how gilinsky and I had a thing? Well we're an official thing now," I say with a big smile on my face.

"Aw, I'm happy for you.." She says smiling.

I completely forgot about the Shawn thing.

"So, how are you? Ya know about the Shawn thing.." I ask nervously.

"I really like him. I wish he liked me the same way...but it's whatever I guess. He's my best friend...so I'll respect his relationship with Madison," Ariana says with a weak smile.

I give her a hug and I smile back at her.

"Enough about that. So what's going on? You need to tell me. You looked completely freaked when you got here," Ariana says with a worried look.

"Well...." I say taking a deep breath.

I tell her about the fight at dinner, my fathers engagement, how I feel unwanted at my house, and that I almost got in a car crash.

"Wow...tough day. I'm sure everything will be fine with your dad. Maybe the marriage will bring the family together?" She says.

"I-I... I miss my mom so much and this is so hard," I begin to tear up.

"Where's your mom?" She asks confused. I never told her about it.

"She died in a car crash a month ago," I say while wiping a tear.

She immediately hugs me, "it'll be okay," Ariana says while holding me tighter.

~~~~~

Later on that night.

Ariana and I are eating out of our own tubs of ice cream. I'm glad I met Ariana, she's such a great friend. I feel like I can talk to her about anything.

"Thanks for letting me stay here tonight," I say.

"Ah, it's no problem. I need some company anyways," she says while eating her ice cream.

"What do you wanna do? I'm so bored," I say while dragging out the word bored.

"Wanna invite a few people over to hang?" Ariana asks.

"Yeah, just a few though," I say.

"Okay I'll text Shawn, Leigh, and Mallory," Ariana says.

Ugh really? Leigh? She pisses me off so much. She better not try any shit with me today.

I text Jack, "come to Ariana's and bring JJ and Sammy".

Jack texts back, "why Sammy?".

"Really Jack, he's my friend," I text.

I don't get a text back. Okay whatever. I get a call about 10 minutes later.

"Hello," I say with an annoyed tone.

"Are you mad?" Gilinsky says.

"No, not at all," I say rolling my eyes.

"Baaaabeeee. It's just, you and him kinda hooked up a couple weeks ago," he says.

"I told you that it was nothing. I did it to make you jealous," I say extremely annoyed.

"Buuu-" he says and I cut him off.

"I don't need this right now. Don't believe me then. Bye," I yell and hang up.

Ugh. What doesn't he understand. I did it out of jealousy. Sammy and I just made out a little. Nothing more.

"Everything alright?" Ariana says raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, Jack is just being an asshole," I say while rolling my eyes.

I get another text from Jack. Damn, what the f*ck does he need to say now.

"I'm on my way. I believe you babe. I'll bring him I guess," he texts.

"K," I text.

I don't even like Sammy like that, he's just a friend.

~~~

About 20 minutes later, they all start arriving.

Johnson comes in, "I got the beer!".

"Dude, it's Monday," I laugh. "I am definitely not drinking."

"Whatever," he says laughing.

Mallory follows him in and I greet her.

"Hi, I'm Natalie," I say and hug her.

"Hey..." She says with an attitude.

Like bitch tf did I do to you? These Omaha girls are so bitchy.

Later on.. Shawn, Sammy, Gilinsky, and Leigh arrive.

"Hey Natalie!" Sammy runs up and gives me hug. "Missed you," he whispers in my ear.

I tense up and freeze. I don't like Sammy like that, he should know that me and Gilinsky are together. I walk away and I see Gilinsky. He smiles at me and I roll my eyes and sit on the couch.

"What the hell Natalie?" He says angrily.

I ignore him. I'm a little hurt that he didn't believe me. He comes and sits next to me.

"Natalie...stop ignoring me," he says and lifts my chin up.

I turn my head back the other way.

"Is there something wrong?" He asks.

He's such an idiot sometimes.

"Really? I'm upset that you can't trust me. You don't believe that Sammy and I are just friends," I say angrily.

I'm not sure Sammy feels the same way though, I think to myself.

"Babe, I believe you...okay? I'm sorry," he says, pulls me in for a hug and kisses me.

I can't help but smile. He's such a pain. I can't stay mad at him.

~~~~~~

Ariana's pov

"Hey Shawn," I say.

"Hey Ariana," he says and pulls me in for a hug.

My heart breaks a little more.

"Soooo, where's Madison?" I ask.

"Funny story....it didn't work out...don't wanna talk about it," he says. "I'm not even worried about her right now," he says and puts his hands in his pockets.

I smile hard on the inside. This is my chance.

"Shawn...." I say as I get closer.

He stares into my eyes and it feels a little intimidating. "Yeah?" He asks in a raspy voice.

"....I-I...I really like you. I've always liked you. I didn't wanna say anything bu-" I say nervously but get interrupted by Shawn's lips connecting with mine.

I kiss back and I just feel so happy that I finally told him. As I can see, he feels the same way about me.

A/N

Did you see that coming?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 51 35
Hailey just moved to Omaha, Nebraska from L.A because of the certain incident. She had to leave before anyone could know. Hailey had bad friendships...
10.2K 223 38
Alexandra or Alex Gilinsky is Jack Gilinsky's younger sister. But they don't live together. Their parents got divorced when they were only little kid...
85.5K 1.3K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
94K 1.1K 36
Jasmine Gomez. Just a 17 year old going 18. You think her life is perfect. Not really. Her Dad died when she was 15. And her Mom doesn't care for her...