Elysian [Book 1]

Oleh Evangeline_91

Hadley LaMontagne, a crime scene investigator from New Orleans is the smartest in her class, with an IQ of 16... Lebih Banyak

CAST
PLAYLIST+DISCLAIMER
ONE
TWO
FOUR
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
cast
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
a/n
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
the end

THREE

12.1K 297 14
Oleh Evangeline_91

three; you're a victim, not a suspect.

Three serial killers, nine bodies, and no suspect, made Hadley's head throbbed from pain as she walked around the corner and to where the police officers were, there had been another body found by the serial killer Billy was investigating just that morning.

Hadley walked up to the crime scene, slipping on her gloves, hopping she wouldn't get caught by anyone. She saw Dr. Reid standing talking to a man when she heard a familiar voice behind her. 

"You shouldn't be here."  Agent Morgan said, causing Hadley to turn and look at him, her eyes slightly wide.

"I'm not a suspect, they cleared me." She said to him as if it was their  faults as to why she couldn't be there and he nodded.

 "You're a victim, not a suspect." He said and she clenched her jaw at his statement

"I'm not a victim. Have you gotten into contact with Eleanor Pierce?" Hadley asked, turning her body to walk towards the dead male on the floor and he nodded.

"We can meet with her later. We can take Reid with us too." He said and she nodded, as he mentioned the attractive doctor.

She pulled out her camera and started taking pictures of the body from different angles. A man approached the body and took DNA samples and fingerprints.  

"Jack the Ripper terrorized London for months, who knows what will happen when we find out who did this. Are we sure it's not the killer from the other night?" Agent Prentiss asked and Hadley stood up and walked towards them, if the mention of the murder had bothered her, she didn't let it show, especially when these people were trained to read body language.

"Yes. The killer from the other night strangled his victim. This one is acting like Jack the Ripper. Two completely different MOs. I think whoever did this murder is going after men." She said, and the BAU team looked at her, wondering how she caught up on that accusation so fast.

Before Hadley could say anything else, her phone rang. She picked it up and answered. "LaMontagne." She said and Jocelyn's voice could be heard. 

"Okay, so that really hot guy I met the other night, he asked me out on a date! Can you believe it?" Jocelyn asked, shrieking and Hadley pulled her phone away from her ear, turning her back to the agents.

"Jocelyn, I'm on a case right now." She said gritting through her teeth and she sighed. 

"Okay, fine, I'll give you details in a bit, I'm driving. Meet me at a bar?." She asked and Hadley hung up, knowing she would send her the address. She laughed, shaking her head and turned back to everyone.

***

Hadley walked into a bar, that she didn't often go to and she saw Jocelyn sitting down at a table. She walked over to her and sat down. 

"What was so important that I had to miss a briefing?" Hadley asked, crossing her hands over her chest and Jocelyn clenched her jaw. 

"One, how come you didn't tell me you found a dead body, the other day?" She asked and Hadley threw her hands up in an exasperated motion

"Because I don't normally tell my best friend that I encountered a dead body while I was walking home." She said in a duh tone and Jocelyn kicked her under the table.

"As your best friend, you are always suppose to tell me these things." She said and Hadley snorted.

 "How's Billy?" She asked and Hadley rolled her eyes, knowing she had always found her older brother hot.

 "You're disgusting." She said, standing up from her chair. Her eyes widened. 

"Where are you going?" She asked and Hadley smiled. 

"To get us something to eat, I'm not going to just sit here and do nothing." Hadley said and she snickered. 

Hadley walked to the bar and where there was a man with long brown hair she walked up to the chair next to him and looked at the bartender. 

"Can I get a beer and a club soda?" Hadley asked and the male nodded, going to get her a glass. A man looked up at her and said her name. 

"Hadley?" The voice asked causing Hadley to look down and see Dr. Reid.

"Dr. Reid!? What are you- What are you doing here?" She managed to squeak out, looking at the doctor.  He looked at her and answered. 

"I'm visiting a friend. What are you doing here?" He asked and she looked back at Jocelyn. "I'm with a friend." She stated and he nodded, smiling.

The bartender came back with a club soda and a beer and she grabbed them both.

 "Well uh, I guess it was nice seeing you, Dr. Reid." She said and he nodded. "It's Spencer." He said and She nodded slowly, and took the drinks back to our table.

"Who was that?" Jocelyn asked smirking and Hadley shot her a glare.

 "A coworker. He's from the BAU." She said and she nodded. 

"He's cute." She said and she kicked her from under the table, handing her the beer.

Hadley's phone vibrated on the table and Hadley knew that it was work. She sighed and opened the phone, reading the message from an unknown number. 

unknown number: let's go we have to meet up with Eleanor Pierce. I'll text you the address.

She scoffed knowing that it was Agent Morgan and she answered the text.

me: how did you get my number?

She asked the man and he answered almost instantly

unknown number: i had our technical analyst give it to me.

He said and Hadley stood up from the table and gave Jocelyn a sad look. "Duty calls." She said waving my phone in her face and her face dropped.

"Fine. Text me later. And ask out that guy." She said and Hadley shook her head, and left going to meet at Eleanor Pierce's house.

***

Hadley slammed the car door and saw Agent Hotchner, standing at his car.

 "Agent Hotchner, I thought you were Agent Morgan." She said and he shook his head.

 "He had to go to Texas." He said and she nodded slowly, and they walked up the stairs to Eleanor's house.

He knocked firmly on the door and it opened, a woman with brown hair looked at us. She was about twenty-five and was a bit taller than Hadley. 

"I'm Agent Hotchner and this is Hadley LaMontagne, we're with the FBI." He said showing her his badge. 

She looked down. "This is about Alicia isn't it?" She asked and she nodded. 

"May we come in?" Agent Hotchner said and she opened the door, we walked in and she sat down on her couch.

"You were Alicia's understudy weren't you?" He asked and she nodded. "Yes, I've been practicing under her since the musical began." She said and Hadley looked at her now.

"Do you know who could be doing this or why?" She asked and Eleanor shook her head. 

"No, everyone loved Alicia, I was happy to be her understudy. She even helped me rehearse. It's exactly like the musical. In the show, The Phantom does the same thing with Christine and Carlotta, but it never ended in death." She said a tear slipping down her face, Hadley knew that. Of course she knew that, she secretly loved that part. The suspense, the action it was her favorite part.

"Do you remember anyone that wasn't supposed to be in the building that night? Or anyone that knows Hadley?" Agent Hotchner asked and she shook her head. 

"No. I've never met you before today. Everyone in that building was supposed to be there. But the only one that was there was Alicia and she was practicing." She said and Hadley breathed out and shook her head.

"Does this have to do with The Silencer Killer?" She asked scared and my heart dropped. 

"The Silencer Killer?" Agent Hotchner asked and Hadley looked over at him like she had been caught sneaking into the cookie jar

"They call him The Silencer. He takes woman that are pregnant and cuts out their larynx's, and then rapes them. When he's done he disposes their bodies in random places. And no, this isn't him, who ever did this to Alicia is completely different." Hadley said and she nodded, scared.

Agent Hotchner stood up and told Hadley to go outside and talk to him. "We have three serial killers, with different MO's and you knew?" He asked and Hadley shrugged.

"The Silencer hasn't killed in months. If Billy found out he'd freak." She said and he tilted his head.

 "How long have you been investigating on this?" He asked and she looked down.

 "A month...or three." She said softly and he shook his head. 

"That's dangerous, you aren't even allowed a gun." He said and she pulled out my Glock, showing it to him, his hand immediately went to his holster. Hadley raised an eyebrow at his actions and she blinked and scoffed.

"You still think I did this?" She asked shaking her head not believing him.

 "My father was a police detective and my brother is a detective as well. I went through training to get this gun. I wouldn't shoot a federal agent, because I want to be one. I sent in my application to become an agent for your  team over two months ago. I didn't kill that girl because I don't know her, but thanks for thinking I'm a serial killer." She said, and put her gun away, walking back to her car, leaving the Supervisory Special Agent speechless. 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

63.3K 1.6K 53
โ”โ” โ› POPULAR โœ โฒ โœน S. REID โณ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€...
152K 3K 26
What no one knows about the youngest and most intelligent profiler within the BAU is that he has a 20 year old sister. Said sister was raised by Spen...
36.5K 513 16
New profiler to the BAU, SSA Carter Spike, begins in the BAU right at the beginning of a very awful case. She's fairly smart, but doesn't show it. Dr...