And there you were, a light i...

By MeMyselfandI2008

Carmen Sandiego was just enjoying the cool, afternoon breeze, watching from her apartment window as the sun s... More

Chapter One: Bright; Dull

Prologue

182 8 0
By MeMyselfandI2008

All he could hear was his heart pounding against his chest and his raspy breathing. His eyes were blinded by the bright lights that washed over him, bathing him in unneeded heat.

His fingers trembled as he shifted them on the strings, desperate to finish the last few notes, ignoring the ringing in his ears and the sweat dripping down his brow.

He was almost there, just one more song, and he would be done for the night, he tried to remind himself.

Just one more, and everything, he knew, would turn out perfectly fine.

... he hadn't noticed when his arms gave out, or when his vision began to blur, but the ache in his side was very prominent as he felt his body collide with the floor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 4.4K 38
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
107K 3.2K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
161K 17.3K 23
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
577K 8.8K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...