Another Path to Success

By writesthetic

sucΒ·cess /sΙ™kˈses/ noun the accomplishment of an aim or purpose. Natasha Summerville Age: 12 Grade: 7th Goal:... More

I haven't really thought this through...
Success - A Definition by Natasha Summerville
Success - A Definition by Amethyst Wishbone
Prologue (Amethyst Wishbone)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
From the Desk Of
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
From the Desk Of
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
From the Desk of
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
From the Desk Of
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
From the Desk Of
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
From the Desk Of
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
From the Desk Of
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
From the Desk Of
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
From the Desk Of
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Prologue (Natasha Summerville)

49 6 8
By writesthetic

"I have good news and bad news, which do you want to hear first?" Amelia Summerville told her daughter as she walked through the door. Natasha Summerville pretended to consider this as she faux-glared at her mother.

"Hm...bad?"

Mrs. Summerville shook her head.

"How did I not guess? Okay, there's no bad news."

Natasha narrowed her eyes.

"Okay, so what's the good news then?" She walked over to a chair and set her backpack down. "Unless there's no good news, either?"

"Oh no, there is good news. I got you a new extracurricular that will look great on your college applications," Natasha's mother informed her, closing the door. Natasha groaned.

"But Mom, I can't-"

"Relax. You're going to like this," Mrs. Summerville told her.

"Mm-hm." Natasha started taking off her shoes.

"We're hosting an exchange student!"

"What?" Natasha's head jerked up. She was sure she'd heard her mother wrong. Natasha had asked to before, but Mrs. Summerville had always told her that Natasha was a hassle enough herself and no way did she want to be responsible for another child. "You're not serious!"

"Oh yes I am." Mrs. Summerville handed her daughter a folder. "Her name is Amethyst Wishbone and she hails from the small town of Winterfield."

"Will she be okay in the big city?" Natasha asked worriedly.

"She'll be just fine. And for this, I'm letting you quit one activity."

"Really?" Natasha cried excitedly.

"Yup. This will look excellent on your resume. So what will it be? Basketball?"

"For sure," Natasha agreed.

"Done. Now go prep your room. If she complains it'll ruin your reputation."

"Wait!"

"Yes?" Natasha's mother turned around.

"When is she arriving?"

Mrs. Summerville consulted her own folder.

"Tomorrow at noon."

And with that, she walked away, leaving Natasha alone with an evening of homework, organizing, and worrying.

What do you all think about Natasha so far? Head to the next chapter for a peek into Amethyst's life!

xoxo,

writesthetic

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 318 43
Avery is in her second year of university with the idea of enjoying her last year as a teen. When a new face makes an appearance, her curiosity gets...
126 1 26
*Hazel* Every time I think of college, I hyperventilate. And no, it's not because I'm excited or stressed about it... it's because I know that the ve...
125K 3K 36
18+ Starting a new school always sucks, going from everything to nothing sucks more but maybe it's just what Y/N needs to find her true self. After...
2.4K 90 9
She's a struggling single mother who wanted to get her life back on track but she couldn't do so while worrying for her daughter safety,she had no fa...