Adorable Treasured Fox: Divin...

By FRIES1andCHIPS0

She is a descendant of an Ancient Chinese Aristocratic family. Having just transmigrated into a young lady's... More

Chapter 526-530
Chapter 531-540
Chapter 541-550
Chapter 551-560
Chapter 561-570
Chapter 571-580
Chapter 581-590
Chapter 591-600
Chapter 601-610
Chapter 611-620
Chapter 621-630
Chapter 631-640
Chapter 641-650
Chapter 651-660
Chapter 661-670
Chapter 671-680
Chapter 681-690
Chapter 691-700
Chapter 701-710
Chapter 711-720
Chapter 721-730
Chapter 731-740
Chapter 741-750
Chapter 751-760
Chapter 761-770
Chapter 771-780
Chapter 781-790
Chapter 791-800
Chapter 801-810
Chapter 811-820
Chapter 821-830
Chapter 831-840
Chapter 841-850
Chapter 851-860
Chapter 861-870
Chapter 871-880
Chapter 881-890
Chapter 891-900
Chapter 901-910
Chapter 911-920
Chapter 921-930
Chapter 931-940
Chapter 941-950
Chapter 951-960
Chapter 971-980
Chapter 981-990
Chapter 991-1000
Chapter 1001-1010
Chapter 1011-1020
Chapter 1021 - 1030
Chapter 1031 -1040
Chapter 1041 - 1060
Chapter 1061 - 1080
Chapter 1081 - Chapter 1100
Chapter 1101 - 1120
Chapter 1121 - 1140
Chapter 1141 - 1160
Chapter 1161 - 1180
Chapter 1181 - 1200
Chapter 1201 - Chapter 1220
Chapter 1221 - 1240
Chapter 1241 - 1260
Chapter 1261 - 1280
Chapter 1281 - 1300
Chapter 1301 - 1320

Chapter 961-970

449 16 0
By FRIES1andCHIPS0

Chapter 961 "The Suicidal Fox Family (2)"

"Master, next time if I find treasure again, I will leave some useless ones that Queen Mother doesn't want for you. Don't get angry anymore, okay?" The dolly baby tugs at the teen's sleeve, his face looking all pitiful and cute.

If only Moli didn't say something like that, but now that he did it only made Mo Li Shang even sadder.

I knew it, after meeting Dragony this little guy is no longer mine. Even the treasures he finds is going to Yan Yan first and the useless ones are left to me.... Why do I feel like I've become redundant?

Giving Moli a mournful look, the teen frowns when he responded: "Moli, I feel like you should just become Yan Yan's pet instead."

"Okay~!" Talking about being excited. In comparison to the sadness in the teen's face, the dolly baby only showed happiness over that suggestion.

"Master, it's you who loves me the most. You knew what I was thinking without me needing to tell you."

"......" He became speechless

Oh I am so sad, what to do?

Still oblivious to the change in his master's mood, Moli turns to Dragony and makes a huge stupid grin.

"Sister Dragony, my master doesn't want me anymore so I'll be yours and Queen Mother's pet from now on."

Puckering her lip to one side: "I don't want."

"Why?"

"I hate pigs."

Clack!

At this moment Moli could actually feel his heart shattering into countless pieces. Turning to the teen using those puppy eyes of abandonment, the dolly boy tears up and was about to cry.

"Master, she doesn't want me so I'm coming back to you."

However.... Mo Li Shang's been heartbroken by his actions already. Instead of comforting him like in the past, the teen would rather turn away and find a quiet spot nearby to train.

......

Time flows like the river water and another month quickly passes.

Inside the Fox Clan's manor, Hu Mei was having a fine day by relaxing under the shade of this tree and away from the burning sun. As a bonus, she was making full use of the free time and carving a jade pendant of her own using a knife.

"Miss," it's unsure when the maid Hu Qi came over, but upon seeing the pattern on the item her eyes flashed with surprise. "This pattern, isn't it the same as that woman's?"

Hu Mei makes a shallow smile: "That's right. I saw how pretty it was that day and wanted to carve one for myself. It's almost finished, see?" Tying it to her waist, the fox demoness slowly got up from her spot and made a charming smile. "Hu Qi, come, we'll go have a stroll outside."

"Yes, milady."

Contrary to the peaceful calm scene in the fox's home, the other demons living around the border city were blowing up with news.

The reason was no other, it's the letter sent by their king about Bai Yan's about to arrive at their location. Unfortunately, none were able to claim they saw the queen, thus causing an air of unease among them all. They know full well if something happens to Bai Yan then Di Cang would never let them off.

.......

Somewhere not far away from the border city, the Eagle Clan has taken up settlement here in this mountainous forest where not many knew how to reach due to its difficult terrain. And inside its main hall, a middle-aged man was waiting restlessly when an eagle guard came running through the door and taking to the knee.

Chapter 962 "The Suicidal Fox Family (3)"

"Eagle Chief, I've already sent everyone out to search and still can't find the mentioned human you mentioned about carrying that jade pendant."

Can't?

The chief of the eagles taps his finger with timed motion against the tabletop: "Did you look through the entire border city?"

"Yes Eagle Chief, we've secretly investigated every human living there and found no traces of the queen. May I suggest making a posting at a public location to let Her Highness know about us if she comes?"

Regarding the settlement locations of all the demon races living here, only the Fox Clan would openly settle within the city itself. The rest are very well hidden like theirs so it's not out of the question for Bai Yan to not know where they are.

"No," Yu Xiang (Eagle Chief) shakes his head after musing over the option. "If those people from the Celestial Realm finds out her identity, it's not out of the question that they would try to abduct her and use Her Highness as leverage against the king. We must find her in secrecy." Slowly loosening up his brow: "Let's do this then, I will go with you all to the border city. As long as Her Highness is there then we will eventually find her."

As the eagle chief slowly got up from his seat, a set of determined eyes flashed with life from that face because he has no intention of failing in this mission.

Truth was, the struggles between the various racial demon groups in this area were extremely strong, meaning each faction wants to make a good impression in front of Di Cang and get on his good side.

"Yes, Eagle Chief." The guard cups his hand and respectfully complied.

"Let's go then." Brushing his sleeve, Yu Xiang didn't delay the matter and shot out of the hall like a lightning bolt. Following closely behind him were the guards and his most trusted confidants.

......

Border city.

The streets were lively and bristling with life here today, just that due to the constant battles between both human and demon, the structures here were very povish in appearance thanks to the lack of repair.

"Huh?" Yu Xiang who's been eyeing left and right until now had suddenly stopped moving, his gaze heavily locked onto the beautiful female up ahead. But unlike the lecherous perverts roaming the streets in a red-light district, his attention was more focused on the jade pendant hanging off of the waist – there's a picture of a silvery fox just like in his memories.

"Chief, this... this is the queen's jade pendant!" The guard next to him became excited and asked with a hushed voice.

"No, as far as I know the queen is a human, and the girl is a fox over there."

Why do the foxes carry the queen's identity ornament?

"Do you need me to go invite her over?" the guard eagerly offers the suggestion.

"No need, I'll go in person."

Yu Xiang's eyes began to narrow in, These foxes are related to the queen? But why didn't the king mention about others having the item as well? I must figure out the reasoning behind all this.

......

At this time moment Hu Mei was just in the middle of buying some makeup powder along the stall when the path in front became blocked by a middle-aged man.

"Do you need something?" she asks with her beautiful brow furrowed into a knot.

"Miss Hu Mei, it's been a long time," Yu Xiang cracks a smile that he deemed friendly enough to break the ice. "Is your father doing well?"

Startled at first, it didn't take long for this fox lady to recall where she's seen this man. Retracting some of the arrogant pride on that face, she also smiles in greeting.

Chapter 963 "The Suicidal Fox Family (4)"

"So it's the Eagle Clan's chief. Forgive my clumsiness in not recognizing you. Are you here for my father?"

"No, no, no, I merely wanted to ask about the jade pendant hanging around your waist. May I know where you got it?" Yu Xiang continues to smile widely in the face, which indirectly alarmed the fox lady and turning her eyes into that of vigilance.

"This is my pendant."

"Oh? Can it be... you don't know the meaning of a silver fox for us demons?" Flicking his smile in that of a smirk now, it's difficult to read what this eagle chief really wanted from the other side. "Silver means nobility, a fox means royalty, and together it can only mean the royal family. Aside from the king, princess and prince respectively, I don't know anyone else who also holds a jade pendant with that insignia. Don't get me wrong, I'm only curious and find it a bit strange."

Hu Mei was now on the defensive. If she had known this little ornament would cause her this sort of trouble then she would never bring it along.

"Uncle Yu, who says this jade pendant is not mine just because it has a silver fox as its insignia? Where have you ever heard one is not allowed to wear such an item? I am loyal to the king, that's why I carved this pendant using his image. It's not surprising that you would mistake it as so."

"Is it now? That's a pity..." Yu Xiang suddenly makes a disappointed face, "Not long ago His Majesty encountered danger outside and happened to be rescued by a passing woman. Due to his injured state and fuzzy mindset, the king couldn't remember the lady's face and only knew he gave her his jade pendant as thanks. And here I thought you were His Majesty's benefactor...."

Looking at how the eagle man could lie through his teeth without so much as blinking an eye, those guards following from behind were completely gobsmacked by the amazing acting skill. However, this did have the perfect effect of hooking this fox onto the bait. There's light beaming out of those foxy eyes and her hand were clenching hard onto the pendant.

After a brief moment of musing, Hu Mei began to make her move by acting uncomfortably.

"Dear niece, no need to be shy in front of your uncle here. Go ahead and speak your mind, after all, me and your father are old acquaintances." Yu Xiang's expression appeared very kind as if he's really taken Hu Mei as his niece.

"Uncle Yu, I don't want to hide it from you. The truth is, that day..." her eyes flickered with a tangled light, "that day the one who saved the king is indeed me. I don't want to take advantage of the event, but since Uncle is taking me as a niece then I can only speak the truth. My only request is that you don't tell the king...." Easing up her mood, Hu Mei's eyes were all looks of weakness like a helpless maiden: "After all, my sister made such a huge mistake back then, it's only right that he does as he wish to my family."

"Don't worry my niece, I won't tell His Majesty." With a broad smile, the eagle chief actually went ahead to pat the lady's shoulder several times to emphasize his point.

Wait, what? I'm only saying it, you can't be serious about not telling the king! Hu Mei grew flustered inside and nearly blurted out her true thoughts. There's no way this fox demoness would hold back when such a great opportunity comes across her path. It's the perfect excuse to climb into Di Cang's bed!

Chapter 964 "The Suicidal Fox Family (5)"

"Niece, might I have a look at your pendant?"

Hu Mei didn't reject the request and readily handed the item over. Unfortunately, this was a huge mistake on her part. The moment Yu Xiang got his hands on the pendant, he immediately sent his energy into the jade to verify its authenticity.

This jade pendant... It's fake!

"Niece, forgive my rush but I still have business to attend to. Here's your pendant back." Giving the little ornament back to the fox lady, the eagle chief didn't waste another second and turned away after getting no reaction from said item.

Watching from behind with narrowed eyes, Hu Mei's mouth inexplicably turned into a snarling sneer after the group was out of sight. "I didn't think that woman would be so lucky to be able to save the king by mishap. To bad for her though, she didn't know who His Majesty was, otherwise she would've already attached herself to him."

"Miss, are we going to be exposed for impersonating that woman? After all, she also has a pendant in hand...."

"Expose?" Hu Mei cackles a laugh at the notion, "Did you not see her enter the demonic mountain range? The Wing Clan hates humanity to the core, there's no way they would allow a wandering woman free after they get their hands on her. What's more, by the time she does make it back out alive, I would've already become the king's consort. Removing an obstacle before they show themselves will be easy once I get that post!"

"But milady, what if the eagle chief doesn't report this to the king?" The maid called Hu Qi cautiously reminds her about this possibility.

"Stupid! The members of the Eagle Clan are opportunists, there's way that Yu Xiang would give up this great chance to look good in front of the king. He will want the credit of finding the king's benefactor, that's something you don't have to fret. It will just be a matter of time before the king gets wind of my existence and come find me."

Hu Mei was laughing now. How could she not? The glorious future that she so dearly wanted was now within reach!

......

While the fox demoness was having her delusionary dreams of becoming the mistress of her kind, Yu Xiang had stopped walking by now after making some distance. When he saw there's no one trailing them, he immediately gave the command for his real plan. "Quick, go have some of our clansmen spy on the Fox Clan's estate, especially that Hu Mei too. I'm going to report what has happened to the king himself."

"Eagle Chief? That pendant...." One of the guards asks with confusion in his voice.

"That's a fake."

"Fake?" exclaims another guard, "is it possible that we've made a mistake? It could just be like the lady says, she made it out of admiration for the king..."

"No, there's no mistake in my judgement. It's true that pendant is fake, but the details on the fox insignia are depicted too similar to the real thing. If I didn't have a surefire way of confirming its authenticity, it's very difficult for others to confirm its fakeness. She must've seen the real thing at one point to create such a close replica!"

Rattled by the implication of their chief's word, most of the guards had gone mute, too afraid of what he's implying.

"Then shouldn't we go capture her this instant for interrogation?" One of the braver ones finally suggests.

"We cannot do that either," Yu Xiang shot the idea down with a shake of his head. "The fact that Hu Mei would dare try something like this meant she's already done something threatening to the queen. Even if we did tie her up, there's no way she would tell us the truth, nor would she admit to the crime. We must report this to the king directly and get the palace involved."

This fox family really got some nerve, how dare they touch the queen. Once the king learns of this matter, he will skin them alive for the transgression.

"Let's go, I need to send a letter to the king right away." Darkening in his face after saying that, Yu Xiang's true nature of being a chief has come out: "In addition, increase our search effort for the queen in the area. She must be somewhere around here so we must find her."

The king has a contractual relationship with the queen, so... if Her Highness dies then His Majesty would become aware of her death. The fact that he doesn't is proof she's still alive! We can still make up for this blunder as long as we find her before anyone else!

Chapter 965 "Bai Yan's Return (1)"

Demonic mountain range.

A sudden blast suddenly rocks the sacred mountain peak, causing all of the residents here to turn their head at the source. Coming out from the cave was a woman in red. She's dazzling and surreal, completely mesmerizing those who looked her way.

"Master," Moli starts waving his little hand in front of the teen's face like he's trying to bring him back to reality. "If you keep staring at Queen Mother like that then the old thing behind you is going to tear you apart for that."

Mo Li Shang instantly blushed red from embarrassment over that comment. It's not like he has fantasies about Bai Yan or anything, just that her image right then, well, in the heat of the moment, it's too powerful to the point where he couldn't turn away. Even so, the Wing Clan's elder didn't care for the reasoning and had a look of an animal ready to break into him if he continued.

Humph, the queen is the king's woman. How dare this brat look at her in that fashion.... If the king finds out, he won't be forgiven!

"Yan Yan, did you break into the higher level of the Saint Rank?" the teen asks with a shy face.

Bai Yan faintly nods to confirm the idea: "I am now only a step from the Celestial Rank. It's starting to get late already, it's time we went back to the border city."

The debts must be repaid!

At the thought, a ray of dangerous light exudes out of Bai Yan's eyes, showing how much of a grudge she has for this incident. It couldn't be helped. Ever since she came to this world from her past life, being hunted by humans were not something uncommon, however, there were never a case where she was hunted by the demon race due to her son's existence. The only exception was this fox family in the border city!

"Queen," Fei Yi throws a hearty laugh as he came over, "do you need our assistance?"

Giving a smile in return for the kind offer: "I alone am enough to deal with those people."

Back then she didn't have the strength to overcome the foes, but things have changed. She's fully equipped for the task so she's not going to let the pleasure of revenge to land on others.

"But...." pausing in her voice, she turns around to face the elder himself to offer a consolation prize. "If the Wing Clan wishes to follow me then that's fine, just that your group don't need to do anything."

The elder grinned at that. "Please be assured Your Highness, the Wing Clan will not do anything unless you authorize us to do so."

"Then come." Taking hold of her goddaughter's hand, Bai Yan proudly leads the way: "Sweetie, it's time we went back there and made some payback."

"Kay," a brilliant smile smile blooms from the little missy's face as they headed out of the mountain peak.

Moli the dolly baby also followed from behind of course. Sadly, his little tiny legs were insufficient and could hardly keep up pace. In the end it was his master Mo Li Shang who couldn't take it anymore and picked the boy up, leaving only the members of the Wing Clan in the background.

"What are you all standing around for?" Realizing they're about to be left behind, Fei Yi hollers out at his men to move it. "GO SUMMON EVERYONE IN THE CLAN, WE'RE GOING TO CHEER THE QUEEN ON!"

Just like Eagle Chief Yu Xiang, the Wing Clan also wants to seize this opportunity to appease their queen. If done properly, their status in the court might even surge past the dragons and become second only to the royal family!

......

Border city.

Inside the tavern, chattery and loud gossiping voices were plenty here today, but there was one particular voice which stands out among the crowd. It was a middle-aged man with a huge blade next to him and he's none other than the human Wu Xiong who drove Bai Yan out of the city that day.

"Wu Xiong, I heard you and Hu Bud Wei teamed up to kill a woman for the first time?" The youth next to him bellows out a laugh, "That's quite the story. Mind letting us here know what she did?"

Chapter 966 "Bai Yan's Return (2)"

Wu Xiong grins with an air of contempt at the added attention: "That woman being kind to the demons is her betrayal to us in the Celestial Realm. Towards traitors, there's no need to be polite. As for Hu Bud Wei that old fox, I heard that woman stole a jade pendant from his beloved daughter."

Various looks began to exchange between the occupants. Although these people are very disgusted with those demons that's been suppressing them all these months, this includes the fox family living here, but they would never try something like going to rob that place. The main reason was no other, it's because there's a high-level Saint Rank in that manor where the foxes live. Only a fool would go poking a hornet's nest.

"Oh yes Wu Xiong, did that Hu Bud Wei attack you afterwards? He's such a vicious fox, it's hard to believe he would just collaborate with us and then walk away without trying anything." Another man asks inside the tavern, his voice showing doubt about the event.

It's not like this person was the wary type and always cast doubt upon others, but the demons and humans are in constant conflict here so it's not uncommon to find backstabbing corroborations here and there.

Wu Xiong waves the terrible thought away because he knew how lucky he got that day. Truth be told, under a normal circumstances he would turn tail whenever he encounters that old fox on the street. Yet for some reason, he found the courage to bring up the persuasive argument that day and won the gamble! One could say its pure fluke on his end, that's all it was.

"HAHA," the huge man guffaws a laugh, "Do you know the reason why that Hu Bud Wei came to the border city? As it so happens, I know the specifics. He came because he wanted to conquer this city and offer it as a prize to their demon king as a sign of loyalty. But now he doesn't need it anymore." Sighing like he's lamenting about something, "News came yesterday. That old fox's daughter, Hu Mei, she's going to be taken in as a consort of the palace harem."

A visible uproar instantly breaks out among the tavern patron, including those who weren't part of the conversation.

Their aversion to demons were true, but fearing the strong as a cultivator was also part of their instinct. After all, its rumored that Di Cang has already stepped into the higher level of the Celestial Rank for a long time! Who here could make a stand against someone like that?

"Is your information reliable Wu Xiong?" asked the young man who first brought the topic fray.

"When did my news ever been wrong? This matter is something I overheard on the streets when Hu Mei was chatting with that eagle chief. That old bird told her she's the savior of their king, that's why she will soon become a consort and be taken into the palace." Taking a heavy swing at the bottle of spirit in hand, the big bulky guy didn't have a care for what he's saying: "Although I also hate the demons, but I have to admit they are a race that holds true when it comes to a debt."

All of the patrons inside the tavern were now very quiet, mostly contemplating on their treatment of that fox family.

"If those in the Celestial Realm didn't abandoned us, we wouldn't even have to be so passive. It's only a single group of demons....." the young man sighs in frustration at their own situation.

Originally the big guy still wanted to say a few more bragging comments to bolster his story, but the sudden bang of the main door being kicked over was undeniably loud. At first they couldn't make out who the audacious person was due to the powerful light from the outside, but that soon changed once they got a faint glimmer of the reddish figure and the tiny lass to the side.

Chapter 967 "Bai Yan's Return (3)"

"It's you?!" Wu Xiong points his finger in utter disbelief and shrieks out this sentence. Pounding inside, "How can you be alive? Those damn monsters in the mountain didn't tear you apart?"

Bai Yan didn't get angry at that outburst, instead she only makes a derisive smile: "How can I die when you are not dead yet? Wu Xiong, have you ever thought that this day would come after you chased me into the mountains?"

The man's complexion had turned a shade whiter. Clenching his trembling fist: "Bluffing me is useless. If I can force you into the mountain range that day then I can do it again."

Even if this girl is abnormally talented, what can she achieve in a measly short month? At most one tier higher, the middle level? Not like our side doesn't have high level Saint Ranks so she's still a dead woman!

"Wu Xiong, is this the lassie whom you chased away that day?" A middle-aged man with a perverted grin cuts in, his laugh annoying and irritating to the ear. "You really don't know how to treat a lady properly you know. Such a dainty and pretty thing, how can you bear to force this beautiful flower into danger?" All flirting in his demeanor now, "Lady, if you are willing to be my woman from now then I can promise you your life today. Afterwards, endless riches will be in your reach."

This was equivalent to courting death to say something so disgusting before Bai Yan. However, before the woman herself could take a strike, Dragony to the side had already jumped at the opportunity due to those words.

She's fast, so fast that everyone couldn't even react...

Opening her mouth just like she did during that fight a while back, she directly gobbles up the pervert without a second thought before turning back to face the one whom she call's mother.

"Mother, this guy has too many filths inside his body, I.... my tummy feels very bad."

Bai Yan's face went black at the sight.

"Sweetie, how many times have I taught you not to eat random things? You don't know what they ate growing up. Take this man for example, he's so dirty inside that your tummy is hurting again."

The little missy hangs her head: "I know I'm wrong now. From now on I will only kill people and not eat them."

The strength of these people is too low anyways. I won't eat random people again!

Watching this from the rear, the dolly baby Moli didn't think so. His big black eyes are shining with light over the girl's behavior: "Master, I think Sister Dragony's eating image is very beautiful...."

Just like her friend, the teen Mo Li Shang was also making a black face.

Are you sure it's beautiful and not scary? But then again, it's very like this little rascal will think anything that girl does will be beautiful....

"Yan Yan, others say that daughters are not reliable once they grow up, I say pigs are even more unreliable. Dragony is such a nice bok choy (catch), yet she's being eyed by a pig."

Moli protested right away after hearing his master's word: "I am not a pig, not a pig!"

I only look like a pig, I am not a pig....

"No!"

Coming back to his sense from the initial shock, Wu Xiong hurries to step back to make some distance. Shaky in his voice: "Your dragon's strength increased? That guy is a middle level Saint Rank!"

Chapter 968 "Bai Yan's Return (4)"

The reason why he dared to be so arrogant just now was entirely because he thought he knew their strength, but clearly he's wrong in how easily Dragony gobbled up that guy.

If she's not at least a high level Saint Rank then how can she achieve overcome that guy so easily?

"I'll repeat myself. On that day, have you ever thought about the consequences?" Bai Yan encroaches in on the big bulky man, her lips curving into a smirk.

Each step she took was equivalent to a drum hammering at his poor heart. Wu Xiong's had fallen into a panic by now, and when he backed up he didn't even realize there are things behind himself, causing a series of crashes and wine to spill over from the table.

"RUN!" After a quick exchange between the patrons, everyone in here promptly began to flee for the outside upon realizing the spiraling situation.

Surprisingly, while these cowards made a run for the door, Bai Yan remains unresponsive and never shot glance to her back. Towards this picture, Wu Xiong knew this was his only chance as well. Unfortunately him though, right as he's about to run forward as well....

One step, that's all, that's when the crowd came running right back inside after they ran out. This was a huge red flag for Wu Xiong so his feet petrified on the spot as he stared into the woman's horrific gaze.

"What happened?" he grabs at the nosy youth's collar who first started the rowdy discussion earlier in here.

Showing a despairing face: "A lot of monsters.... There's a lot of demon monsters outside the entrance!"

"Monsters? What are you afraid of? Is it the fox family? Is it the Fox Clan after they got wind of this woman's return and purposely came to ambush her?"

"No.... it's not the foxes."

"What?" Wu Xiong was stunned, If it's not he foxes then who can it be?

"Wing Clan, it's those monsters from the Wing Clan! There are a lot of them. They've surrounding the whole tavern."

The youngster breaks into tears, crying out as he burst forth his words. He never participated in that chase so technically this has nothing to do with him. If anything, he's regretting the part about visiting the tavern today at all just for a single drink.

Dammit, why did I step out of my home today? Now my life is in the hands of these monsters!

Acting like she's not seeing the grim white faces of everyone around herself, Bai Yan continues to stroll towards the big guy with an increasingly intimidating air. Looking at that cold frosty smile, Wu Xiong instinctively made a gulp.

And then without anyone expecting it...

Plop!

He actually got on his knees and begged.

"Oh great merciful, I won't ever have the galls to make trouble for you again. Out of consideration for my blindness, please spare me and not have that dragon eat me."

Wu Xiong's not blind, nor was he dumb by any stretch of the word despite his gruffy appearance. Anyone who could make it to the middle level of the Saint Rank are genius among geniuses, that's why he could discern the little missy's strength was far superior to his own just based on the fact that she could eat the first man.

Ignoring the sad image laid before her eyes, Bai Yan instead spoke to the youth nearby: "You go to the fox's manor. Go tell them I'm back."

"Huh?" the young man became dumbfounded, his eyes turning left and right for confirmation from his peers.

What does she mean by that, is she letting me leave? If that's the case then I can make a run for it! This world is so big anyways, finding another city to hide in is easy. I'm not going to die here just for the sake of this Wu Xiong.

"Don't think about running away," Bai Yan read through the youth's thought and chuckled at his obvious face. "I'll have the Wing Clan follow you with their people so don't try anything funny if you value your life."

Crying again: "Yes, I will go to inform the fox family without fail...."

Chapter 969 "A Demon's Slave (1)"

Once the youth in question finishes leaving the tavern, Bai Yan didn't start her carnage nor did she attack anyone; instead, she gave them all a sweeping glance of her gaze before taking a seat on one of the cleaner chairs here and began tapping her finger on the tabletop.

"Those who chased me that day, who else do you remember?" she asks the big guy with that unchanging smile.

No answer came, only a hanging silence in the air.

"It's fine if you don't say, just that...." Lazing against the back of the chair, she stretches out her arm and pulls Dragony over into her embrace, those fingers caressing through the girl's hair with a sly smirk.

"Those people of mine outside are hungry. If you're not afraid of them tearing into you to feed then go ahead and cover for those involved."

Though that remark was soft and melodic to the ear, it's the same as a death threat to Wu Xiong. Shuddering, he raises his head in horror: "I... I'll speak..."

Without ado, the big guy spilled the beans on everyone he knew that was part of the chase. Thankfully his memories are good so the names came easy. It's not like he doesn't want to resist; after all, this was the same as selling out everyone in the city, meaning a target was now firmly planted on his back from now on.

"Half an hour, find everyone on the list and bring them here! Don't think about escaping! Even if you run to the ends of the world, I will have ways to find and turn you to ash!"

Wu Xiong's heart shuddered at those words, his face white and full of despair. "Great merciful, what if they won't come with me, what then?"

Turning sharp at the suggestion, Bai Yan had an air of dominance: "It matters not if they are willing. My subordinates will follow you, and when they refuse, they will take them whether they agree or not. Your job is to lead them and that's all you need to do."

The big guy gulped at the impending event, showing a face uglier than watching his own manhood go limp.

"Please lady, if I were to... find them for you, can you spare this dog here?"

Showing contempt at this shameless bastard: "First off, dogs are also an ethnic group among the demon race so your words are not a plea to my ear, it's an insult to said dogs. Secondly, you don't have the qualification to bargain with me. Don't forget, this whole thing was caused by you. As the leader, you think I will let the mastermind go?"

Wu Xiong's face was now so pale that it's hard to find any traces of blood on his face. He knows, Bai Yan's not going to spare him. Now the issue was what does she plan to do with him.

"But..." Suddenly adding this in, Bai Yan's lip curved into a smirk and raised a hopeful light in the man's eye. "If you can't even manage to do what I've given you, then dying will be the least of your worry!"

In that instant, that flare of light had died down again. Even so, Wu Xiong's not going to give up just yet. He's made it so far in life, he won't allow himself to perish so easily. "Lady, I will go right away!"

Maybe she will at least let me live if I perform well....

In a flash, the man's big hulky figure was gone and out of sight, disappearing from the eyes of the patrons left in this tavern.

"Lady, everything was orchestrated by Wu Xiong. We here did nothing so can we leave?" One of the braver patrons decides to ask after losing their nerve and patient.

Chapter 970 "A Demon's Slave (2)"

"Do you really expect me to believe your hands are clean and abstain of blood? After the Demon Realm's seal was lifted, the amount of battles between human and demons are endless here in the border."

The heart of these patrons quivered, unsure of what Bai Yan was implying by that. The demons are filthy dirty monsters, what's wrong with us killing said monsters? What's more, most of those demons would commit suicide as soon as they are captured. Even if our hands are stained with blood, what does their death have to do with us?

Despite their inner protest, none of them dared to say it aloud, only hanging their head low and avoiding eye contact.

Fully aware of the discontent of everyone, Bai Yan slowly gets up from the chair and stood before them all, her face cold and daring. "Unfortunately, I am a woman that doesn't like others touching my things. All the demons in this world are my subordinate. Since Di Cang is busy preparing for war with those in the Celestial Realm and can't pay attention to these minor details along the border, I naturally have to the duty to handle these things for him."

Stunned looks were aplenty among them all, their eyes full of shock when staring at Bai Yan's figure.

Why is that name so familiar?

And......

What did she say? Going to war with the Celestial Realm? QUIT JOKING!

What sort of place is the Celestial Realm? Nothing but a measly group of monsters, how can they even dare to fight those divinities up there?

"Then lady, what do we have to do to make you let us go?" A man in a linen-colored robe asks with a stuttering voice.

For this individual, he doesn't care what happens between the two realms, he only wants to know if his life could be saved today.

"It's not impossible to let you live. Whatever you owe the demon race will be repaid using your own life as slaves. For generations and forever, you and your descendants will never escape that debt!"

A debt must be repaid, and a blood debt must be repaid with blood or life!

In Bai Yan's view, the entirety of the demon race are her subordinates. If they commit a wrong then its her right and duty to punish them, but others are not permitted touch them unless she allows it. What's more, it's undeniable that she holds partial responsibility for the perished demons here at the border. They died while fighting for the sake of the Demon Realm, and its her careless remark to Di Cang who started the whole war.

"Oh lady, you might as well just kill me then." The linen robed man made a crying face, Be slaves to the demon race, and my descendants as well? She might as well just outright kill me, that way I will be happier.

Crossing her arms around the chest, Bai Yan arches a brow: "Dragony, is the man you swallowed still alive in your belly?"

"Ugghhh," blinking her eyes in confusion over the sudden inquiry, Dragony answers honestly without any forethought on how terrifying her words were. "Umm, yes Mother, he is still alive. Without anyone helping me, I have only digested his leg...."

"Can you spit him out?" Bai Yan asks.

She's an obedient and good child. Using action to show this, the little missy's mouth slowly grew larger and larger until its big enough to cover her whole body. Then with saliva and blood, the perverted man from before was spat out in one single throw up.

In this second, not a single thing dared to move. It's so quiet that even a needle dropping on the ground could be heard. The reasoning? It's because the perverted man from before was now laid before their eyes, and just like the little missy said, only the leg was digested and those sparkling white bones were free for all to see. As for the distorted face of pain and agony from the man, nobody wanted to look at it because the corrosive green liquid had eaten through the outer skin so only the flesh and veins were showing now.

This man, is he actually alive?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

844K 29.2K 104
When Grace returns home from college, it doesn't go like she thought it would. With her past still haunting her everyday choices, she discovers a sid...
1.4M 96.6K 24
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
53.8K 1.7K 17
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။
906K 54.4K 56
Published on 4/5/20 In Neo's past life, he was a wicked person who sought to kill his little brother, the rightful heir of a Ducal House. His conspir...