My Fallen Angel (COMPLETE)

By nikkitaylor97

Zandy is a young girl, struggling through school because of the ridicule and taunting. But one day, she meets... More

MFA prologue*
MFA chapter 1*
MFA chapter 2*
MFA chapter 3*
MFA chapter 4*
MFA chapter 5*
MFA chapter 6*
MFA chapter 7*
MFA chapter 8*
MFA chapter 9*
MFA chapter 10*
MFA chapter 11*
MFA chapter 13*
Mr. Rockstar chapter 14 (edited)
Mr. Rockstar chapter 15 (edited)
Mr. Rockstar chapter 16 (edited)
Mr. Rockstar chapter 17 (edited)
Mr. Rockstar chapter 18 (edited)
Mr. Rockstar chapter 19 (edited)
Mr. Rockstar chapter 20 (edited)
Mr. Rockstar chapter 21 (edited)
Mr. Rockstar chapter 22 (edited)

MFA chapter 12*

17.1K 127 39
By nikkitaylor97

Chapter 12* 

October 2010  

'F*ck*!' was all that was going through my head right now. Over and over again. Like the words were on a carousel and f*ck was the animals, just spinning and slapping me in the face each time they came around. 

Another thing going through my head was, 'How the hell am I gonna tell Andy?' He was on tour at this very moment and I was set to catch a flight to Texas in less than twenty-four hours. I could tell him at Monster Mosh, but how would he take it? And would I tell him before or after? His reaction was the most important. If I told him before and he was happy about it, he would most likely play a more energetic show (if that's possible). But if I told him before and he wasn't so thrilled, he'd probably put on a sucky show and it would be my fault. Same goes for afterward, just the consequences are a bit different.  

At least this thing can go only one of two ways. It's not like you can have all that many reactions to this type of thing. Sure, the girl going through it could, but not the guy, really. Either they were happy and more than ready for it, or they were angry and didn't want anything to do with you anymore. I really hope Andy wasn't the type of guy who would do the latter but, I knew Andy. If for nothing else, he would stay with me because he's loved me for so long.  

"This is all your fault," I spat at the little pink (ew) plus sign on the screen. "You just had to confirm that I was pregnant. Stupid piece of plastic." 

Yes, I, Alexandria Corrine Night, am pregnant. Obviously, it's not the pregnancy test's fault, but it makes me feel better saying it is. I may sound crazy, but put yourself in my position. I'm seventeen, pregnant, my baby's daddy is on tour on the other end of the country, my mom is over two thousand miles away, my friends would be absolutely no help, and I didn't know a whole lot about prenatal care.  

Wait! Idea! Candace has had a kid. She has a very cute four year old son who is the cutest d*mn little kid I have ever seen. He seemed to turn out alright, she was obviously doing something right. I was going into work in a few minutes, I could ask her on break. 

I took a deep breath and stood from the closed toilet, throwing away the test quickly. That was the third one I'd taken this morning. Let's just say, I downed my body weight in orange juice in a very short time. Probably not the best for my bladder, but it did the job.  

I got dressed in a black button up shirt with red polkadots, black skinny jeans, black Vans, and all my jewelry, including the promise ring Andy had given me. I did my hair and makeup quickly before grabbing my things and heading out to my car. Now I was just anxious to get there and talk to Candy. 

I got there well before I was supposed to even start my shift, but that was okay with me. I was more than happy to work extra if I had to, but I really wanted to get to Candace. Luckily, I found her where she was everyday at this time. Sitting in the break room, eating a healthy breakfast of a chocolate granola bar, Starbucks iced coffee, and a half dozen of donut holes. Somehow, this girl stays as thin as a twig. But, I do the same thing, so I shouldn't be saying anything.  

"Candy!" I called out as soon as I saw her sitting there. "I need to talk to you." My voice was urgent. 

"Zandy?" she asked, tilting her head at me in question. "You don't start for another half hour." 

"Yeah, yeah, I know, but I need to talk to you as a friend," I rushed, closing and locking the door behind me. I went over to the table she was sitting at and set my stuff down. She motioned for me to sit and I plopped down in the chair next to her. I leaned my elbows on the table and covered my face with my hands. I groaned to show her I was distressed. 

"Okay, what's up, Z?" Candace asked, taking a sip of her coffee and leaning forward. 

"I'm pregnant," I mumbled. But it really sounded warped and jumbled, not at all like what I was saying. 

"What?" she asked like she hadn't heard me, which she probably didn't. 

Pulling my hands away from my face and looking at her, I said, "I'm pregnant." 

"What?" she asked, this time, standing up from her chair and basically yelling it.  

"I meant what I said, I'm not speaking Farsi," I told her, more than a little frustrated. 

"Oh, I heard you," Candy said, sitting back down. "I just was shocked, that's all." She paused and seemed to think about something momentarily. "Why are you telling me? I mean, I like to know when my friends and employees are pregnant, but why? Shouldn't you be telling Andy?" 

I nodded slowly. "Yeah, I should, but I need help first. I'm visiting him in Texas on the 31st. I was thinking I could tell him then. I don't want to tell him over the phone," I suggested. 

Candy nodded. "Good idea. My boyfriend wouldn't have been too happy if I had told him over the phone," she thought for a moment. "So, why do you need my help?" 

I sighed. "I need some help with the prenatal stuff. I didn't really pay attention in health class, to say the least," I told her sheepishly. 

She smiled. "Ah, I see, well, I can help you there. I just need to know how far along you are first." 

I looked at her like she was crazy. "Dude, how the heck am I supposed to know that?" 

Candy rolled her eyes. "We'll make you a gynecologist appointment." 

"Great idea," I commented. "And while you do that, I'm gonna start my shift." 

As I was walking through the door to the store, Candy called out to me. "Hey, no heavy lifting for you, missy!" 

It was my turn to roll my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, mother." 

{*************************************BVB***************************************} 

Candy was able to make an appointment for me early the next day. Luckily, neither of us worked, so I had her with me. Since Andy wasn't here, Candy was like my support, and I appreciated it. 

"Alexandria Night," a young nurse in blue scrubs called out. I set down my horrible magazine (stupid doctors offices) and went to see the lady at the door. She couldn't have been older than Candace, so maybe in her mid twenties. Good job when you were so young. 

"Room number five," she said to me, smiling.  

"Thank you," I replied, Candy smiling behind me. 

We entered the open room, the nurse closing the door behind us. She flipped open what looked to be the paperwork I had filled out when I first got here. The nurse skimmed over a few sheets, taking in the important information. 

"Okay, here it says you're in here to see how far along you are," she said, stating the obvious. I wanted to roll my eyes, but I figured I'd be nice today and put out a good attitude. 

"Yeah, I really just need a check up," I told her. 

"Okay, well the technician will be in here shortly, she's almost finished up with her other patient. Then we'll get the doctor in here to do a check up," Nurse Obvious said, flashing a friendly smile before leaving the room. 

I took a deep breath, trying to relax. Candace came over and rubbed my back. 

"It's gonna be fine, Z" she cooed, like I was a frightened horse that she didn't want to spook. "How come you didn't bring Lottie along?" 

I shook my head. "No one knows besides you and me. I haven't told my family, my friends, and not Andy, even though he's the one that mostly deserves to know." 

"I thought you said you were gonna tell him on Halloween?"  

"I am," I told her. "But that doesn't stop me from feeling bad." 

She nodded in a way that said, 'True dat'. 

Seconds later, the sonogram technician came in, smiling gently. 

"Hello, Alexandria, I'm Sarah," she introduced. I guess technicians didn't go by the title of 'doctor'. "I'm going to be with you throughout the rest of your pregnancy." 

"Hi, thank you," I said, offering her a smile. "This is my friend, Candace." 

"Hi, you can call me Candy," Candace said, shaking hands with the doctor. 

"Hello," Sarah accepted Candy's hand. "Shall we get started now?" 

I nodded.  

"Okay, go ahead and lay back on here," Sarah advised, patting the white paper that covered the green examining bed. She turned on the sonogram machine before walking over and turning off the lights. "Now, if you'd be so kind as to lift your shirt for me." 

I complied and lifted my Asking Alexandria t-shirt up to just below my chest. Then, Sarah put some blue gel on there and my stomach contracted and pulled away from the cold. 

Sarah chuckled, "Sorry, forgot to warn you it's a bit cold." 

She then took the wide wand and pressed it into the gel, spreading it around my belly. After a few moments, the cold wore off and there was just slippery stuff all over my stomach. 

Sarah prodded around my tummy for a while, pressing harder in places to get a look at something defining. As I watched, for the first time, I noticed the slight bump that was developing on the lower part of my abdomen. I found it odd how I could miss such a thing on my own body. Then again, I wasn't really into my appearance, so I didn't really see the difference. 

Before long, Sarah was turning the monitor toward me and pointing out little features. 

"Look, you can already see its fingers and toes," she said, pointing to different splotches on the screen. "And here, you can see the heart and forming lungs. It has all its organs, so I'd say its about twelve weeks old, give or take a few days. But, I haven't been wrong yet." Sarah smiled. 

She handed me a wipe to get the stuff off my stomach. She took one also to clean off the wand. She stood up, taking the wipe from me to throw away. 

"I'm all done here," she said, flipping the light back on. "Dr. Mathers will be with you shortly. She'll also be you're midwife when you actually have the baby. I'll be seeing you in a month, Alexandria." 

"Oh, you can call me Zandy," I told her, shaking her hand in farewell. I really liked her, she seemed cool.  

Sarah smiled. "Zandy and Candy, that's cute." 

I let out a breathy laugh. "Yeah, and my boyfriend's name in Andy, go figure," I said, rolling my eyes. 

"Wow, that must be confusing," she commented. 

"It is, especially when we're all hanging out with friends and stuff," I told her. 

"I can imagine," she said, just as the door opened, revealing who I presumed to be Dr. Mathers.  

She was quite tall, with dark brown hair, a thin frame and pretty blue eyes. She was basically the opposite of Sarah, who was fairly short, had the lightest shade of blond hair, and the deepest brown eyes I'd ever seen. They kind of reminded me of the plastic eyes that are sewed onto stuffed animals. But not in the creepy, glassy way. More the warm, huggable way. 

"Hello, Alexandria, I'm Dr. Mathers," she introduced.  

"Hello," I said politely. 

"Hi, I'm Candy, a friend of Zandy's," Candace said. 

"Do you prefer to be called Zandy?" Dr. Mathers asked. 

"If you don't mind, yes," I replied. Gods, I was being awfully kind and polite today. 

"Alrighty then," the doctor said, smiling. 

"Are you in any way related to Eminem?" Candy asked, out of the blue. I rolled my eyes at her. 

The doctor smiled. "No, do you think I'd be a gynecologist if I were related to Marshall Mathers?" 

Candy shrugged. "Maybe." 

"You're right, I would be," she confessed. "But, no, I am not. If only..." 

Candy and laughed. Dr. Mathers turned to Sarah then. 

"How far along?" she asked shortly. 

"Twelve weeks, healthy," Sarah responded. Geez, did all medical personnel talk like that, in short, clipped sentences? 

"Alright, thank you, Sarah," the doctor said. Sarah nodded and left the room, smiling before shutting the door. 

Dr. Mathers turned to me. "Okay, I'm going to be conducting a series of tests. I'm going to have to push on various places on your abdomen and pelvic bone. Is this fine with you?" 

I nodded my consent and she proceeded to put on rubber gloves. 

Over the next several minutes, she poked and pushed places on my stomach and stretched down my hip bone. It didn't really hurt, it was just a bit uncomfortable physically. When she was finished, she threw away the gloves and smiled at me. 

"Well, your as healthy as a horse," she announced. "I'll just prescribe some prenatal vitamins that you can fill at any drug store. Also, from now on, no heavy lifting, drinking, or smoking. Though, it appears that you don't drink or smoke. But, if you work in retail of any sort, no lifting filled boxed over twenty pounds. And no extraneous activities." 

I nodded my understanding, then something popped into my mind. "My boyfriend smokes, will that have an effect on anything?" 

The doctor thought for a few moments. "It shouldn't, but in rare cases it has caused the baby to be born with defects because of the secondhand smoke. I'd advise him to not smoke around you or, even possibly, stop all together. I know it will be hard to kick a habit like that, especially if he's been smoking for a few years. But, tell him it's for the baby's health. Usually, men get suckered into it that way. It will be easier if there isn't people around him that smoke." 

Candy and I looked at each other to grimace. "Uh, he's in a band and two other members smoke, not to mention the people at the concerts," I told her. 

"Ah, that could be a problem," she sympathized. "Just, be supportive of him. And, may I ask what band he's in?" 

"You've probably never heard of them, but he's the lead singer for a band called Black Veil Brides," I answered, trying to figure out if I had any of their merch on me. It wasn't actually needed though. 

"Oh, really, thats interesting. My daughter, she's fourteen, listens to them non-stop. I don't mind the music, it's just the appearance that gets to me," she said, trying not to be rude. 

I chuckled. "It's cool, he's not here, so talk about him all you want. You don't seem like the kind of person who would come to their concerts just to tell them they suck." 

She shook her head. "Never, I like the songs too much, to be honest. I think there's real meaning behind them, unlike some of these other bands that are out there right now," she told me truthfully. 

"Cool, I wanna meet your daughter sometime, she sounds like my kind of girl," I said, smiling. 

"You're visit in a month actually lands on 'Bring Your Daughter To Work' day," she said. "Then, perhaps you guys could talk.' 

"Sounds rad," I said. "Thanks Dr. Mathers, I'll be back in a month, hopefully with my boyfriend." 

{************************************BVB****************************************} 

"Okay, so when do you get back in California?" Candy asked me. She was dropping me off and picking me up from the airport. 

"My flight is supped to come in Tuesday morning at around ten in the morning," I answered, unbuckling my seatbelt. 

"Okay, I'll be in there waiting for you," she said with a smile. "Do you think Andy'll come back with you?" 

I shook my head. "No, he may love me, but his band is important. Besides, I wouldn't let him come back. He needs to finish the tour, I won't let him disappoint his band and fans." 

Candy shrugged. "True, true. Do you need help with your bags?" 

I smiled. "If you wouldn't mind. My suitcase definitely weighs over twenty-five pounds," I said. 

We both got out of the car and opened the trunk of her red Ford Focus. It was a cute little car that was good for getting around in.  

Candace hoisted my bag out of the trunk and onto the pavement. I snatched up my carry-on, which was my Batman bag I'd used when I first started school in LA. When you're home schooled, you don't really need to be carrying a bag full of supplies with you. 

I took the handle of my suitcase as Candy closed the trunk. We threw our arms around each other in farewell. 

"Be safe and stay out of trouble," she told me, her hands gripping my shoulders. 

I rolled my eyes. "I'm already pregnant, what other trouble can I get myself into?" 

Candace gave me a, 'That's very true' face, then smiled. "Say hi to Andy and the guys for me. Oh, and did you call Lottie to tell her and the guys where you're going?" 

"Yeah, it's all under control. I told them I was pregnant, they flipped of course, but they were cool. They told me to stay out of trouble, too," I admitted with a resigned sigh. 

Candy chuckled. "See, we just know that you're going get yourself into some sh*t." 

I stuck my tongue out at her and started walking to the airport entrance. "Your faith in me is astounding," I said. "Bye Candy," I called behind me. 

"Bye Z! Have fun!" I heard the suggestive tone in her voice and I flipped her off without turning around. 

{*************************************BVB***************************************} 

"Attention passengers, this is your captain speaking. We will be landing shortly, so please gather all your belongings and make sure that your seatbelt is fastened. We will be landing in Addison Airport," said the voice on the loudspeaker. 

I don't know about you, but I've always thought that plane captain sound like pompous *ssholes. They're always like, 'This is your captain speaking.' No freaking duh! I thought it was some idiotic little boy who thought it was a good idea to pick up the phone line and start talking to passengers. Yes, because that sounded reasonable. 

And, they just sounded so arrogant, like they were higher up than us in the food chain because they could push buttons and turn a wheel on a twenty ton hunk of steel. Well, I could do the same with a car, and I'm probably a quarter of their age. 

Ten minutes later, we were on the tarmac, waiting to be released back into the airport. it was cloudy and a bit windy in Texas, but I liked it. We never got clouds in LA, except for that one time it rained the day before my birthday. 

Finally, the door was opened and we were all filtered out. Because I was pregnant (how the hell do these people find crud like that out?), I was escorted first off the plane, and I wasn't complaining. I was not happy to be on one of these flying death traps, but I'd flown before. 

When I made it inside, I dashed (as much as you can in a crowded airport) for the baggage claim. Andy had called before my flight took off telling me he'd be waiting for me at the pick up area in the airport. I saw my bag and quickly scooped it up, using the momentum of the conveyer belt to slide it off the runway. See, I was being smarter than my body and using clever ways to handle heavy objects. 

Then, I went over to a downward escalator that had a sign saying it would take me to the main part of the airport. I waited patiently on the stupid moving stairs as I checked my phone for calls and texts. There was a missed call from my mom, but she didn't leave a message, so it probably wasn't important. Then there were a few texts from some people.

From: Lottie 

-U in texas yet? text me wen u land

From: Candy 

-Chicky, call me wen u get to your hotel!

From: Andy 

-Meet me in the main part of the airport. I dont think ill b hard 2 miss

I smiled at the last text, eager to see my Andy. And then it slipped from my face, remembering the secret I was keeping from him. But, I was telling him today, before the concert, and hopefully he wouldn't flip. Well, I know he would flip, I just didn't know if it was going to be good or bad yet. 

Soon, I was off the escalator, and jogging toward the tallest guy with black hair in the room. There were several tall men, but none of them had long, black hair and a leather jacket on. I was positive it was him when I saw the fingerless gloves and pointed boots with chains on them. 

I stood behind him, set down my suitcase, then tapped on his shoulder. He whipped around, not really looking down. I threw my arms around his neck, jumping up at him to reach. He was still, probably shocked, for a moment, before wrapping his arms around my waist, holding me to him, my feet off the floor. He pressed his lips to the top of my head, letting them rest there while he squeezed me. Then, I thought about the baby and unwrapped my arms from around his neck.  

I pressed my lips to his quickly before smiling and resting my hands on his shoulders. He kept his arms wrapped loosely around my waist. 

"I missed you," I told him, squeezing his shoulders gently. 

Andy brought me closer to him and smiled down at me. "Me too, tour is a bit uneventful when you're not there. You've been with us through every tour we've ever had." 

I rested my head on his chest and nodded. "Yeah, I know, I'm sorry, but I have to work." 

"I get it, I'm just glad you're here now," he said, pulling back. "Come on, I'm taking you to lunch." Andy grabbed my hand and suitcase, pulling us out the automatic doors to his awaiting black Cadillac. He's had this thing since he was sixteen, and I don't think he was getting rid of it anytime soon. 

We drove through the city, passing several neighborhoods, shops, and restaurants. The clouds here were dark and looming, threatening to poor rain down on us. Not that I minded; I loved the rain and cloudy weather. 

Andy finally pulled up to a park, flowing with green grass, tall trees and a clear lake. He offered me a hand out of the car and pulled me into the park, farther and farther. We were deep in the foliage when he finally stopped in a small clearing. There was a laid out blanket (a Batman blanket, appropriately), sandwiches in bags and a six pack of Dr. Pepper. Just as I saw it all, my stomach growled, showing that it was empty. 

Andy and I chuckled. We decided to sit on the blanket and eat. When I was finished, I laid back on the blanket and looked up at the ceiling of trees. Andy finished and laid next to me on his stomach, just looking at me. I took a deep breath and decided now was a good time. 

"Andy, I need to tell you something," I said hesitantly. 

The small smile on his face slipped off and was replaced with a look of concern. "What's wrong?" 

I sighed. "Have you ever thought about having kids?" I was trying to beat around the bush, hoping he would figure it out. 

Andy slipped onto his back and put his hands behind his head, looking up at the sky like I was. "Not really. I like kids, but it's not really ideal with our lifestyle right now. One day, yeah, I'd love to have a few kids. I've just never really thought about it." 

I thought about that. He was right, our lifestyle was way too crazy to bring up a child. But there was no way I was giving up my child. I've known I've always wanted kids, I just didn't think that it'd happen this soon. There was nothing I could do, except hope that Andy wouldn't be mad. 

"Why, what's up?" Andy asked, rolling to his side to look at me. 

I shook my head, not saying 'nothing' but just kind of reminiscing. "I don't know how to tell you," I whispered, concerned. 

His eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. "Tell me what?" 

"Something important that I just can't seem to say," I confessed. I threw my arms over my face, groaning loudly. 

"Zandy, you can tell me anything," Andy said, trying to sooth my frayed nerves. It wasn't really helping. 

"I know, I trust you with my life, but I don't know how to say it." That was a lame excuse. I knew how to say it, I'd seen it on a billion TV shows, and Juno about a thousand times. Ellen Page's character was brave and fearless, and I envied that. 

I got a sudden idea. Maybe I could blurt it out before I even realized what I was doing. Andy hadn't figured it out yet, being blunt was my only option now. 

I dove head first into it, not giving myself time to think about the words that were about to come out of my mouth. I removed my arms from my face and told him what was bothering me, what would be bothering me for the next six months. 

"I'm pregnant," I said, quite courageously, I might add. I was shocked my voice could sound so much more strong and willed than I actually was. 

The look that swept its way across his face could only be described as complete and utter shock. His eyes were wide open, his jaw dropped onto the blanket. It would've been quite comical if I hadn't just told him I was bearing his child. At least, I hope he knew it was his. 

"What?" he finally asked, his voice low like he had barely gotten his voice back. Then, maybe he did, maybe that's why he hadn't said anything for the past five minutes. 

I nodded slowly, looking anywhere but at him. "Yeah, I found out a few days ago. And then I went to the gynecologist with Candy and Sarah, the sonogram technician, said I was about three months along and Dr. Mathers said both me and the baby are healthy." Again, with the blurting and not thinking. I was becoming a professional at this. It could come in handy in many situations. 

Andy didn't say anything, I just saw him stand out of the corner of my eye. I sighed, expecting him to leave to think or something. I turned over onto my side, facing away from the spot he had just been laying in. My hand rested on my stomach, rubbing and willing the tears to stay back. God d*mn hormones making me all emotional. This was not cool. 

Suddenly, a pair of strong arms were around me, picking me up off the blanket and cradling me into a large chest. Andy was hugging me, rocking back and forth gently. He pressed his lips to my forehead and I felt the smile that he wore. I sighed in relief internally, glad he wasn't angry or upset. 

"Zandy, that's awesome," he stated, his words sounding genuine. It was my turn to smile. "Now we'll have a little Andy or Zandy running around the house. I never said I wasn't ready for kids, I just don't think this is the best environment for raising a kid. I mean, I smoke, and so do Jake and Jinxx." 

I let out a forced laugh. "Yeah, about that..." I trailed off. 

"What about it?" 

"The doctor said secondhand smoke can harm the development of the baby. That it would be best for me not to be around when you or the guys are smoking, or you can quit, which I know would be hard. But, on the plus side, her daughter is a big fan, and will be at my next check up, which I will be dragging you along to." 

Andy chuckled. "Fine, I'll try to quit. I'll start by cutting back. And I'm happy to come to an appointment with you." 

"Good, I'm glad you're so into this," I told him honestly. 

"Hey, I'm having a kid, I have to be responsible for someone other than myself now." He was sounding like a dad already. 

"You sound like a dad already," I voiced my thoughts. 

He pulled back to kiss my forehead again. "I learned from the best." 

"Yeah, your dad is pretty awesome," I agreed, referring to Chris/Brock. I called him Chris around Andy and the guys, but when I was talking to fans, I called him Brock. It was weird. 

"Yep, gotta love him." 

"You don't have the option of loving him or not. But yes, I do love him. He's like a father to me, too," I said, smiling at the many memories I have of Chris, Andy, Amy and I hanging out together as a family. It's like they knew Andy and I would get together some day and they were just planning for the future. Parents were freaky that way. 

"You coming to the concert tonight?" Andy asked. 

"But of course. I flew out all the way to Texas. I'm going to see your d*mn show," I stated firmly. 

Andy laughed. "There's nothing stopping you, my love." 

{***********************************BVB*****************************************} 

"You guys are a joke! You're a cruel practical joke that the world is forced to see," the lead singer, I can't remember his name, of The Devil Wears Prada yelled, getting in Andy's face. 

"F*ck you!" Andy shouted, his faced twisted with disgust. "Who gives a sh*twhat the hell we look like? No other band we've played with has seemed to have a problem before." 

Okay, so the lead singer for TDWP didn't like BVB, apparently. He thought that the way they dressed and the makeup the wore was just a way to get fans and for more 'freaks', as he had so kindly put it, to listen to their 'awful pig calls'. Well, newsflash buddy, you're screaming sounded like a dying cat, so I wouldn't be talking. Besides, his regular voice sounded like Justin Bieber's. High pitched, girly, and not ideal for the type of business he was in. Someone really needed to sort out his priorities. 

Lead Singer (still can't remember his name) was in the middle of anther insult when I cut him off. 

"Dude, just f*ck off, or actually listen to someone else besides yourself," I told him. Before this, I had kind of been over on the sidelines, watching instead of participating. But this had gone on too long and it was getting nobody anywhere. He refused to listen and Andy refused to resign. So now, I was the peacemaker that would end this whole thing, the easy way, or the hard way. 

Lead SInger set his eyes on me. "You listen to these Satanic worshippers too?" he asked, sounding appalled that I liked their music. 

"One, yes, I do listen to Black Veil Brides. Two, they don't worship Satan just because they have no religious views. They've stated several times that they stay secular for the sake of the band. You can believe in any religion and listen to this band. Three, I myself am Christian and have gone to church every Sunday since I was two years old. The religious views of my friends in no way concern me or have any influence on my own beliefs. Four, for being a Christian band, you're not acting it. Being Christian means you're accepting of others beliefs or non beliefs. You have no right to judge what anyone else thinks, the bible tells us so. And five, the band stands up for what it believes in and doesn't put others down, which is what you are so obviously doing. So I suggest you shut your mouth and really think about what your words mean before you let them come out of your mouth. It'll really help your case when you actually, honestly know what it is you're talking about. But until then, please f*ck off. Your criticism isn't welcome here." 

Lead Singer's jaw dropped open. Guess he didn't think a seventeen year old girl could make him look like a complete jack*ss. Well, now he knows. 

I turned to the guys, who were all smiling triumphantly at me. "Can we go to the hotel now? It's late, I'm tired and I want to sleep on something that wasn't made to double as a couch." 

Andy came over and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Yeah, let's go." 

As we walked out of the venue, Jinxx held his hand up for a high five. I gave him one happily, still on the adrenaline rush from telling the guy off. 

"Z, that was awesome," Ash complimented. 

"Yeah, couldn't have said it better myself," CC added. 

"Dude, pregnancy hormones make you mean," Jake said, rubbing his chin. "I like it." 

I laughed. "You guys are weird, but I'll take those as compliments, so thank you." 

"So, when are you due?" Jinxx asked as we walked to the hotel we were staying at. It was too nice out right now to drive anywhere. The weather here was really liking me. 

I shrugged. "I don't know, Dr. Mathers said I was three months along, so I'm gonna guess sometime in late April or early May," I said doing mental math for when I most likely got pregnant and how many months it would be until the baby was born. 

"What if it's born on your birthday?" Jake asked, lighting a cigarette.  

"Dude, could you not?" Andy asked, already trying the quitting thing. 

"Oh, man, I'm sorry," Jake quickly apologized, flicking his cigarette to the ground and putting it out with his foot. 

"Thanks," Andy muttered. 

"Anyways," I said, trying to get Andy's mind off smoking, "then the baby would be born on my birthday, but I doubt it. My birthday's on the twelfth, it shouldn't be born until later in the month. But I'll ask the gynecologist when I go to my next appointment." 

"When's the appointment?" Andy asked, reaching to hold my hand in his. 

"The 28th, the day we get back from your parents' house," I told him, swinging our arms back and forth. 

Andy nodded, acknowledging the date. 

"Wait, what was the doctor's name?" CC asked. 

"Dr. Mathers," I said, glancing over at CC. 

"Is she related to Marshall Mathers?" he asked. 

I chuckled and shook my head. "No, she was sure to clear that up. Candy had asked her the same question." 

"Darn," CC said, hanging his head jokingly. "That'd be cool if she was like, Eminem's sister, or something." 

"Eminem doesn't have a sister," Jake said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. 

"I thought he did," CC insisted. 

I shook my head. "No, he's got a brother and three daughters, one of which is really his niece and another is his ex wife's daughter from another guy," I answered. 

"How do you know this?" Ash asked, skeptical. "Have you ever met Eminem?" 

"Actually, yes, I have," I answered, which shocked all of them. I continued the story before they could throw questions at me. "When we were in Detroit, I met him. I wasn't feeling too good and I didn't go to the concert, remember?" All the guys nodded, except CC. He was just listening intently to the story. These guys were into heavy rock and metal, but they knew Eminem was some sort of an idol and an inspiration to millions of people, including me. 

"Okay, so when you guys left the hotel room, I went out to get some fresh air and ended up at a small burger place where the had tables outside. I ordered a water and sat down at a table. I guess I must've looked lonely and sad or something, because somebody came and sat down next to me. Next thing I know, there's a hand before me and a guy talking. Of course, being me I hadn't looked to see who he was when he had sat down."

*FLASHBACK* 

Suddenly, there was an arm before me and a voice talking. 

"I'm Marshall, Marshall Mathers," greeted a familiar voice. His name sounded oddly familiar too. 

I raised an eyebrow, turning my head to look at the guy.  

Holy sh*t. 

I gave him a small smile and shook his hand. "Zandy, Zandy Night," I said, repeating him. 

Marshall looked me over seeing me dressed in all black clothes, my hair black, orange and green, my nose red, my eyes made up in dark cosmetics, my multiple piercings and tattoos. Coincidentally, I had my iPod in my ears and I was playing one of my favorite songs by Eminem; The Way I Am. Weird, huh? 

I took one of my earbuds out and slung it over my shoulder. 

He seemed to be waiting for me to say something, but not like I was being rude. So, I came up with, "You know, I know who you are." 

He seemed surprised by my words. "You do?" He seemed skeptical, like I was only capable of listening to the music that was blasting from the venue the guys were playing at just half a block away. 

"Of course I do," I stated, matter-of-factly. "Just because I look the way I do and most of my iPod is overrun by metal, I still like rap. I know you're Eminem. In fact, I'm listening to one of your songs right now." I turned my iPod volume up all the way and took the free bud off of my shoulder.  

'I am whatever you say I am. If I wasn't, then why would I say I am. In the paper, the news, everyday I am. Radio won't even play my jams.' The words came streaming out of the small piece of plastic, proving my words to be true. 

He bopped his head up and down to the rhythm, a slight smile gracing his lips. "Cool, good to know I'm on everybody's playlists." 

I chuckled slightly, putting the bud back over my shoulder. "So, what are you doing traipsing the streets of Detroit?" I asked. 

He scoffed. "I wouldn't call it 'traipsing'," he defended. 

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, strolling, walking, traveling, exploring, stumbling along-" He cut me off. 

"Okay, I got it, big vocabulary," he said, stopping me in my list of synonyms. "I just needed to take a walk, get some air." 

I nodded. "Same here. But what are you doing here, with me?" 

Marshall shrugged. "You looked like you could use some company." 

I turned on the bench to face him more. "That doesn't seem like you," I stated bluntly. He looked confused. "You just don't seem like the type of person who would talk to a random stranger because she looked lonely. You never seemed like a people-person to me." I shrugged. 

"I can be a nice guy," he defended. 

"I don't doubt it," I replied honestly. "You just have never had that type of vibe, especially on TV for interviews and things like that." 

It was his turn to shrug. "They get boring. It's the same questions over and over again. I can't put more emotion into something I've already answered honestly." He had a very good point. 

"Good point," I credited. 

For the next hour we talked. I told him about losing my dad, meeting Andy, moving to California, Andy's band, being ostracized my whole life. Surprisingly, his situation wasn't a whole lot different. His dad had left him when he was just a little over a year old. His mom was always doing drugs and being the only white underground rapper was difficult. Being married twice to the same woman, never being able to make it work. Having a biological daughter and two adopted ones, and then his little brother that he adopted. Losing his Uncle Ronnie when he was young and dropping out of high school at seventeen. Losing a friend to rap wars, and all the other tumultuous things that went on in his life. 

Around ten o' clock, he left saying he had to get back to his kids. I smiled and bid him goodbye. He said he had a nice time talking to me and looked forward to seeing me in Detroit again sometime soon. 

"If you're ever in town and need a place to hang, look me up in the phone book, they got both my numbers," he whispered as he drew his hood up. "It was nice talking to you, Zandy." 

"You too, Marshall." 

He gave me that half smile thing again. "Thanks." 

I tilted my head to the side. "For what?" I asked. 

"For listening, and calling me Marshall instead of Eminem." 

I smiled. "No problem. I'd say 'any time', but I'm not sure when the next time I'll see you will be, besides concerts in California." 

"I just played in Fontana in September," he offered. 

I nodded. "Yeah, I saw you. My boyfriend's band played the day after so we were hanging around the place for most of that week," I told him. 

"What's the name of his band?" 

"Black Veil Brides." 

He shot his thumb over his shoulder. "They're the kids playing down the street, right?" 

I nodded. "Yeah, they're making it big now." 

"I was there the day they played. Not really my kind of music, but they're good at what they do. Which one's your boyfriend?" 

"The lead singer, his name's Andy." 

Marshall smiled. "Cool. Like I said, next time you're in town, give me a call. I'd like to meet your boyfriend and his friends." 

I smiled. "No problem." 

"Later, Z," he called, walking away, back down the street. 

{END FLASHBACK}

"Wait, so you met the king of rap, and you forgot to mention this?" CC yelled. 

"We were just in Detroit!" Jake yelled. 

"Guys, chill out. It was no big deal," I said, trying to calm them down. 

"No big deal? Zandy, you met Marshall Mathers!" Andy shouted. I clamped a hand over his mouth. 

"Yes, dummy, now will you shut up?" I said angrily. "He was an average guy who had troubles and happens to know how to rap. He's like you guys. You put on a mask for the fans, but in reality you've got your own personal sh*t to put up with everyday. His is just made more public because of his popularity. You guys'll be in the same position one day. Just thank the gods that no one knows that Andy and I are dating. All the media knows is that he and Scout broke up." 

"You're right," Ash admitted. "We should be happy." 

"D*mn straight," I said, nodding once resolutely. 

"I'm happy," Andy said, pulling me close to his side. "I've got a beautiful girlfriend, a kid on the way, a number one spot on the independent charts, and this band's future ahead of me. I'm right where I've always wanted to be." 

The guys nodded in agreement, realizing they were all lucky in their own way. 

I wrapped my arms around as many of them as I could, the rest I looked at lovingly.  

"I love you guys."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 26.7K 28
Rose Lane idolises Black Veil Brides, she loves their lyrics and their message. One night at a concert changes her life forever as she finds herself...
2.2K 26 17
| An Andy Biersack Fan Fiction | Sam is 19 year old cashier at Hot Topic who is studying to become a dancer at West Florida University. Andy Biersack...
454K 9.7K 41
When Ramonica Baldwin goes to a Black Veil brides concert and accidently bumps into Andy Biersack, Lead singer of the band, she finds herself quickly...
52.5K 1.9K 32
If something was ever handed down to you, directly from death himself, would you take it? Would you risk everything just to give that little pupae of...