Never In A Million Years

By sporknife

Liliana Carol has always gone unnoticed in school. She blends into a crowd. Most of the school wouldn't even... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapters 14 & 15 Brendan's POV
Thanks!

Chapter Twenty-One

4.3K 141 19
By sporknife

"Shh, dude she's asleep."

"No durr."

"Be quiet!"

"You're the one talking."

"I'm just telling you to shut up. I have an excuse."

"You're also the one that's gonna wake her up, Drew."

"Fine, fine, I'll be quiet if you be quiet."

"Fine."

"Fine."

"Fine."

"Fine."

"Shut up!"

"Anger issues..."

"What did you call me?"

"Nothing."

"I heard you say something-"

"And Lili's gonna wake up. Just shut up."

"You about done there buddy?"

"Hang on, be patient would you?"

"It's been five minutes of you trying to get that thing wrapped back up."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Give me the tape."

"Hey, give it back!"

"You suck at using that wrapping paper."

"Whatever."

"We'd get done ten times faster if I were wrapping and you were the lookout."

"Your complaining is unappreciated."

"So is your wrapping skills."

"I'm a better wrapper than Pitbull."

"Hah."

"See, that was a pun."

"Keep going!"

"Right... Okay... There! Done! Lets get out of here."

"I'm right behind you."

*•*•*

I open my eyes, smelling cinnamon immediately. I feel confuse at first. What's going on? And then I remember. It's Christmas.

Let me tell you, when that thought goes through my head it's very difficult not to run out of bed. I control myself and lay here like a good injured girl.

I look around the room and I do notice something different.

The mini tree Brendan brought me two days ago has presents lined up underneath it. I smile and shake my head.

"Mom! Come here!" I call out from my bed.

"Coming!" She says. She finds me pointing at the presents. She smiles.

"I thought you might like that. Those boys were sure happy to help," she says.

"Boys?" I ask.

"Drew and Brendan. They came pretty early to make sure you had a good Christmas," she explains.

Then she brings me the presents from underneath the small tree.

I take the remote to the stereo and press play on the Christmas music.

"Open them," she smiles.

I pick up the first bag that says its from my mom. I smile at her before pulling the tissue paper out. She got me a new pair of white high tops. I thank her and she hugs me.

"Wait! I got you a gift! It's in my closet, do you want to grab it? The blue bag," I explain.

She bends down and grabs it from my closet. She opens it and smiles at me.

"That's so sweet. Thank you," she says, admiring the new bracelet I got her.

"You're welcome," I smile.

"Oh! The cinnamon rolls must be burning!" She exclaims when she hears an alarm go off. She runs out of the room. "I'll bring some up to you!"

As soon as she's down the stairs, I become curious. I open the present from Drew. It's a ring. It's a silver band and has a crystal in the center. It's simple, but it's beautiful. I smile at it and try it on. It fits perfectly.

Danny got me a bottle of wonderful smelling perfume. I spray some around my bed and it smells great.

Brendan's is a necklace. It has a gold chain and a heart encrusted with tons of designs. It's beautiful.

I feel automatically lame for getting them all socks; Drew's had watermelons, Brendan's had popcorn, and Danny's had French fries. I guess I should have probably gotten them something better... But hey, I'm a teenage girl with a very small budget.

My mom returns with the plate of cinnamon rolls for me. I thank her and she leaves me in my room to finish it off while she goes to work. Even though that's not her ideal Christmas Day, she was practically forced to.

Once she leaves for work, I just sing along to my Christmas songs playing.

That's when I remember that the article should be here today. Although I'm definitely not supposed to, I pull off my blankets and get out of bed. Curiosity gets the better of me and my health apparently.

My muscles are sore, my joints tight. Everything aches with every step towards the kitchen.

The stairs are difficult. I can't get down them easily. I have to take it slowly, grasping the railing for support.

When I finally make it to the kitchen, I find a stack of mail. I run through them. Christmas card, Christmas card, ah, magazine. I pull it out.

I sit down at the table and open it to page four where it says the article should be.

I read the entire first section about the friends and having a good time. It's interesting to see Mandy in all their conversations making jokes and stuff since I have never said so much as two words to the girl.

Then I get to the section about Drew and Mandy. A recorded conversation makes me feel suspicious of his feelings for the girl. It reads:

"Drew: 'Why'd you come?'

Mandy: 'I thought it would be nice to hang out with you for a change.'

Drew: 'I've been meaning to talk to you for a while.'

Mandy: 'You have?'

Drew: 'I couldn't just ignore such a beautiful girl like you. Of course I want to talk to you. You interest me.'

Mandy: 'Interest you?"

Drew: 'Yeah. You're nice. You're funny. You're incredible."

Mandy: 'You're too flattering.'

Drew: 'Only to those who deserve it.'

Mandy: 'And I do?'

Drew: 'Of course. Mandy, would you care to go on a date with me sometime? I want to get to know you better.'

Mandy: 'I'd love that.'

And I would love to unread that entire passage of the magazine. My insides churn in jealousy as I reread the entire thing.

I know this is all a part of the article and it has to be believable. But it just feels so real when I read it. I can picture him saying every last word to the girl.

I feel tears rising in my eyes as I find another passage on the next page. I read it through my blurring vision.

"Drew: 'I've spent almost three weeks hanging out with you, Mandy.'

Mandy: 'Time flew by so fast.'

Drew: 'I've been meaning to ask you something.'

Mandy: 'And what might that be?'

Drew: 'Will you be my girlfriend?'

Mandy: 'I thought you'd never ask.'

Drew: 'Is that a yes?'

Mandy: 'I've never been more certain about it in my life.'"

I feel like tearing the magazine to shreds. I knew I would find passages like this in the magazine. I knew it would be bad, but I didn't know it would be like this. I didn't know I would care so much.

Tears roll down my cheeks as I furiously tear out the page from the magazine. I shred it to smaller pieces and in fury I put them in the sink drain and completely destroy whatever was left of the 'fake dating' portion of the article.

I wipe off my eyes and try to contain my emotions while I pick up the magazine.

The last page is just a collage of pictures. None of which I took.

The first is of the group in midst of laughing at what looks like the park. Many contain Brendan and Danny. Lots have Missy and Karen. There are some of Drew and Mandy.

But a wrench is thrown at me when I see one of the pictures. My eyes widen.

It's a photo of Mandy and Drew. Lips locked. Kissing.

I drop the magazine.

What a perfect Christmas gift. Thank you, Drew, for ripping out my heart like that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 5.2K 23
One of the main characters of this story isn't your average pretty, size zero, micro mini type of girls. Let me introduce Ava Jacobson. Now don't get...
251K 7K 26
I wrote this when I was about 13, A LOT of it doesn't make sense. Check out my other works that are a lot better. Sophia Miller is your average 17 y...
59 1 14
Once a former delinquent, after getting to college Aaron changed completely, becoming the quiet and reserved guy while trying to change and better hi...
651K 26K 37
Wendy has a plan for high school. Find a few friends, pass her classes, and graduate with no drama. It works out for her first two years of high scho...