World of Warcraft: Bad Days

By Sharkskinned

NOTICE! I have posted a note for all readers. Have fun!. John Lancer, your normal teenage gamer, gets a gigan... More

I. Something Fresh
II. Isekai Moment
II-I. Accustomization
III. Busted
IV. Chaotic Moments
Chapter of Decisions
V. The Crazy Chase
VI. Revelation
VII. Training Part 1
VIII. Training Part 2
Special Chapter
IX. Rick Redford
X. A Strange Reunion
XII. Talk Over Dinner
XII-I. Azerothian Hangover
Author's Note

XI. Marine Time

113 5 0
By Sharkskinned

Rick was joyous to see John again, albeit in a different world, and in a new body. When the fiasco in the dungeon was over with, they discussed further details and how the two of them would contribute to keeping the Horde's aggression at bay.

COUNCIL ROOM

"So, now you know my friend Rick. Forgive him for what he supposedly did at Stormwind. Allow him the courtesy to speak for himself. Rick."

"My name is Rick Redford. I am a retired member of the United States Marine Corps. I can help with the Horde problem you guys are having right now."

"You claim to have military experience. What is it exactly you specialize in?" Jaina asked

"Melee combat, demolitions expert, battlefield reconnaissance, even search-and-rescue operations. I do have training in marksmanship and unarmed combat." He replied

"Damn, Rick! You served for only 7 years, and you get both a goddamn Purple Heart and a Navy Cross. Amazing!"

"It seems that you are more than what meets the eye. I ask you to show your combat skills. Follow me to the field." Tyrande requested

"I have a request, though. Do you have something for war paint? And I will train without armor."

"If you wish to do so. We will start once you deem yourself ready."

TRAINING FIELD, NEARBY HOLLOW OAK

Rick had his warpaint in the classical sense: Two black stripes beneath each of his eyes.

"Now, do you have somebody to be the opponent?" He asked

"I will suggest Ilyaria. This will be part of her training." Raene replied

"Okay! Let's see what you got."

ROUND 1: Rick vs Ilyaria

Both readied themselves. Both have no armor, only light clothing. Their only weapon is a dagger. 

Ilyaria made the first move. She lunged at him with a slash.

Rick anticipated it, and disarmed the taller night elf. Then, he flipped her. She growled out of frustration. Rick distanced himself a bit.

However, Rick decided to prolong the match. 

"Get up. Use the chance to get back at your enemy. Pick up the dagger."

Ilyaria stood up, picked up the dagger, and decided to speed-dash.

When she got close, she was about to do a stab at his side.

Rick reacted with a spin dodge, and used her momentum to disorient her. She tumbled down.

"How about this? I won't dodge. Go straight for me. If I counter, don't take it as a grudge if I hurt you really bad. I'm training you to increase your pain tolerance. Now, go for it."

Taking this as a taunt, Ilyaria stood up again, and went straight for his head.

Rick expected that reaction, and returned it with a fist straight to her abdomen. He struck hard, but only enough to knock the wind out of her.

PUNCH.

Ilyaria's senses went dull, as the force from that focused punch caused her to grunt and curl in pain on the ground, and she started to sweat profusely. However, this worried Rick, as he thought he just did too much. Then, she threw up from being dizzy.

"Oh, shit! Fuck! Medic!! Help her!" he said worriedly

Raene, Eloimaya and Silenia helped her stand up, and led her to a bench. Merah prepared some water for Ilyaria.

ROUND END

Everybody was quite surprised at his display of skill. Now, the next opponent would be decided by Rick, but Varian stepped in.

"I challenge this boisterous man. Remember your words earlier in the dungeon? That you can handle 'arrogant shits'?" Varian glared at Rick

"Varian! Don't do this." Jaina exclaimed

"Nah, let him. He can keep his armor. But no sword." Rick answered

"Challenge accepted." Varian replied

ROUND 2: Rick vs Varian

"I will not hold back. Our only weapons will be the same daggers used earlier." Varian spoke

"Game on. I won't hold back either. First down to fall loses. By the way, no magic. You cast one spell, you're automatically disqualified." Rick responded

"Agreed."

Both tensed themselves up. Rick made the first move this time.

Varian reacted with a counterattack via dagger. He expected Rick to get slashed.

However, Rick only did that move as a bluff, and when Varian was open, he gave him an uppercut.

This disoriented Varian momentarily, and gave enough time for Rick to do a roundhouse to his face. Rick did not stop there, as Varian still stood up. He did a spinkick to Varian's legs, and caused him to trip and fall.

Rick was about to end the round. But Varian did not forfeit, and decided to prolong the match.

"Let's try that again. This time, I will not be so easy." Varian said as he stood up

"Your words, man."

They readied themselves again. This time, he made the first move. He jumped and launched himself at Rick, then proceeded to use his full strength.

Rick dodged it by rolling away, and was about to do a kick, when Varian anticipated it and parried it with his arm, and grabbed Rick's leg. 

Varian swung him, but Rick was able to grab onto the armor's pauldron, and used the momentum to throw Varian off balance.

Varian fell down again. To ensure that he would stay down again, Rick armlocked Varian. He told the Stormwind King something.

"You're lucky I'm on your side! If I really meant killing you, then I would have broken your arm and stuck a dagger in your neck. Give up yet?"

Rick strengthened the armlock, causing Varian to grunt in pain. But, Varian stood up to try throwing him off. He leaped and tried to crush him with his weight.

Rick was close to being crushed, but leaned the other way, and Varian hit the ground. The weight of both the armor and his opponent pushed the air out of his lungs.

Varian gave Rick a punch straight to the face, but it did not make him stumble.

Having no more retalitions, he stretched Varian's arm which made him growl in pain, and when he was down, he grabbed him, and headbutted him. He dropped Varian.

"No more! Don't turn this into a grudge! Guys, bring him some water. This training session is over."

ROUND END

Everybody was worried for Rick, especially John. Varian looked at him with a bit of anger.

"Varian, trust me. Excessive pride will get you nowhere. Sorry if I hurt you, but let's settle this with a meal. And by the way, I would have been a goner if you used Shalamayne. Happy?" Rick replied to Varian

With that, Varian ceased his potential grudge towards Rick.

"I have to say, that was quite impressive. I'm glad nobody got injured." Eloimaya said to Rick

"Impressed huh, honeybee?" Rick replied with a smirky grin

"Rick! That's Illidan's wife!" John exclaimed

"Well, nobody's stopping me from being nice to a lady! Hahaaah!" Rick laughed

Eloimaya never expected a human to be quite open and playful to her. But, she brushed it off.

"Your friend is indeed capable. I bet everyone is starving. We shall head to the banquet hall." Tyrande spoke to everyone.

"God, sorry if I you hurt so bad. I hope you won't hate me for this." Rick approached Ilyaria, and apologized to her.

"I will be healed by a druid later. No need to apologize. I will take your training to heart, and I am glad with your sincerity." Ilyaria replied with a small smile.

Everyone, including a partially nauseated Ilyaria and an exhausted Varian, followed Tyrande.

John walked on his four legs, and conversed with the Sentinels.

"Girls, thank you for not being too hard on me after that running incident."

"No problem. You have given enough effort to prove your loyalty." Raene replied

"You are not that bad, to be honest." Merah responded

"I agree with the others." Silenia answered

"I am quite intrigued. I have to say, a jovial and talkative pit lord has got to be the rarest thing here. And with a human friend." Jaina spoke up

"Thank you, Jaina." John replied

"Demon, you and your friend are the strangest pair I have ever encountered." Varian remarked

"If you think I'm strange, wait for more of Rick later. Trust me, you won't regret it." John spoke

All 10 of them made their way inside the royal building for an evening banquet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300 24 29
It's the end. Obliteration. It came out obvious with Martians starting to act like jerks, but what Destiny did not know was that she was involved...
380 34 4
It's a perfectly normal day until all of a sudden Dane gets dropped on his ass in one of his favorite books. While Middle Earth is enchanting and mag...
1.1M 53.3K 30
There is no one in the world who could possibly love me, I know it. I've pretty much resigned to crying under my covers at night as my boyfriend who...
1.1M 60.4K 30
Cyrus was having a perfectly great day up until he met the literal antichrist himself. With his entire world thrown on its head, Cyrus was left to wo...