Love is not always Sweet

By anjuarshi

Hello friends... 😊😊 This is my another arshi story... not a new concept, though... I always disliked the w... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29

chapter 21

3.4K 292 41
By anjuarshi

Khushi arranged everything in the sweet shop... It was her daily routine... to come early and prepare sweets before opening the shop... and then, arrange them according... but her schedule got changed since two days... All thanks to Lavanya... On the first day, she dragged her to almost all the shopping malls and on the next day, Khushi was in a saloon which she didn't know even existed in Lucknow... Today, Lavanya had some plans which were unknown to Khushi... She was just informed to get ready and wait for her... She gave instructions to Ramu who worked there and grabbed her purse... While Khushi was thinking about the past three days since she met Lavanya, she heard the very person's voice...

Lavanya: let us go, Chamkeli... (she said excitedly as soon as she entered)

Khushi: but where?

Lavanya: somewhere... (she sang and dragged Khushi out along with her)

***

Khushi watched the Salman Khan's poster when Lavanya dragged her out of the car...

Khushi: so this is your plan for today?

Lavanya(smiling): for now... yes... watching your favourite Salmanji's film...

Khushi looked keenly at Lavanya who was smiling brightly... She sighed knowing why Lavanya was showing so much interest on her since two days... Khushi held Lavanya's hand and spoke...

Khushi: I am fine, Lavanyaji... You don't have to do all these to make me forget anything... I have been dealing with this since three months...

Lavanya(letting out breathe): I won't be arguing anything with you, Chamkeli... but I want to ask you just one question...

Khushi looked at Lavanya while she continued...

Lavanya: since you have stayed away from ASR for two months, did your feelings for him disappear?

Khushi: this topic is not important right now...

Lavanya: it is, Khushi... You still feel for him and I could see it... I told you I will help you to move on, Chamkeli... and who told that I am doing this only for your sake? I like spending time with you.... and you know why...? because you are my genuine friend... you care for people around you... Likewise, I care for my friend...

Khushi was about to say something when Lavanya cut her off...

Lavanya: no more talking... let's move inside... Your Salmanji is waiting for you...

Saying that, Lavanya again dragged Khushi with her... Throughout the movie, Lavanya glanced at Khushi once in a while... She was sure that Khushi enjoyed the film... but it all felt as if it was someone else who sat beside her other than Khushi... After the movie got ended, Lavanya took Khushi to her place... Both of them sat on Lavanya's bed and Lavanya placed all the saris she shopped infront of Khushi...

Lavanya: Chamkeli, you have to help me to decide which saree should I wear on which occasion... Do you think this orange one would be good for my mehendi? (she asked while pointing towards a saree)

Khushi: I think you should ask your to be husband... After all, you have to impress only him... not me...

Lavanya: I have impressed him already... Now, all he have to do is praise me irrespective of what I wear...

Khushi: poor him...

Lavanya: lucky him that I am going to marry him...

Khushi: and I still didn't get a chance to see who is that unlucky lucky person whom you quoted just now...

Lavanya: ohho... What an idiot I am... I said everything about him but never showed you his photo... (she said while unlocking her cell)

As soon as Lavanya unlocked her cell, she saw a message from Arnav... She glanced at Khushi for a second before sliding it away... Lavanya opened a photo of Amit and her together and showed it to Khushi... Khushi examined it for a second and spoke...

Khushi: he is so in love with you, Lavanyaji... Anyone can say that when they see this photo...

Lavanya(smiling): this is the one we are going to print on our wedding cards...

Khushi(handing back the cell): you both look nice together...

Lavanya(smiling): thanks...

Khushi continued looking at sarees when Lavanya spoke...

Lavanya: Chamkeli, I need to talk to my mom... You select sarees for me while I will be back after talking to her...

Khushi nodded her head and Lavanya got up to leave...

Lavanya: by the way, we are going out tomorrow...

Khushi: again??

Lavanya: yes...

Khushi: Lavanyaji, your pre-marriage rituals will start in two days... You should spend more time with Amitji than me...

Lavanya(smiling): I know... and that is what I am doing... but not like a date... I am going to introduce him to you tomorrow...

Khushi: but... (Lavanya cut her off)

Lavanya: it's final, Chamkeli... (she said and left the room)

While Khushi kept observing those sarees, she heard a voice coming from the door calling Lavanya's name... She looked up to find an elderly lady of about 70 years old... She guessed it could be Lavanya's grandmother whom she mentioned earlier and heard her name to be Tulasi... Khushi instantly got up to greet her...

Khushi: namasthe Daadiji... Lavanya just went down to talk to her mom...

Tulasi: her mom? But Shruthi told me that she was going out to invite her friends... Did she change her plans or what?

Tulasi thought about it and then observed Khushi...

Tulasi: and you are her friend? (she asked while entering)

Khushi(nodding her head): yes Daadiji... I live in Lucknow too...

When Tulasi reached Khushi, Khushi bent down to take her blessings... Tulasi already observed the sindoor and mangulsutra on Khushi... She didn't know anything about Khushi unlike Lavanya's parents... She blessed Khushi by placing her palm over Khushi's head...

Tulasi: sada suhaagan raho...

Khushi was taken aback by that blessing and stood up, her mind filled with many questions...

Tulasi(cupping Khushi's cheek): I am glad that Lavanya has a friend like you... You seem to be very nice and have good culture...

Khushi forced a smile at that comment as she was still processing the previous words of Tulasi...

Tulasi(continued): and it's good that you are married... Lavanya might feel less nervous having a friend beside her who is already married... I just want my grand daughter to enjoy these moments of her wedding...

Tulasi smiles reminding herself of the happy days ahead where her grand daughter will get married... When she glances back at Khushi, she speaks again...

Tulasi: I wish she gets all the love in this world from her husband...

Khushi gets diverted after hearing those words... She always wished the same... to get so much love from the person whom she marries... that her life would be filled only and only with love after getting married... She always dreamed of her Rajkumar who would love her till eternity...

Tulasi observes Khushi to be involved in some deep thoughts and speaks with a smile...

Tulasi(smiling): what, you remembered of those days when you got married? Do you miss your husband?

Khushi looked at her instantly when she asked that question... What kind of days was she talking about? Those days were not worth remembering at all... Those days only caused her pain... and to speak correctly, Arnav was not her husband... they were neither bounded by marriage rituals nor by love... It was hatred which he chose to stick her to him for six months... Tulasi held the nuptial thread through her fingers and continued speaking...

Tulasi: this thread holds that power... It's not just a thread... It binds both wife and husband together for next seven births... This has the power to strengthen their bond...

Once upon a time, Khushi exactly believed all those words which she heard just then from Tulasi... but now she knew more... The same nuptial thread which tied a wife and husband for next seven births could also be used to destroy someone's life... to play with someone's feelings... someone like her...

Tulasi observed the sarees on bed and Khushi spoke to her...

Khushi: Daadiji, I have to go... I need to find Lavanya anyways... So, I will inform that you are here...

Tulasi smiled and nodded her head while Khushi left...

Khushi moved to the lawn where she saw Lavanya speaking on phone, facing her back to her... Before Khushi could walk towards her, she heard her speaking to Arnav and stopped...

Lavanya(on call): I know ASR... but you don't have to do this... It's my wedding... You should attend it... No excuses... It's not like you and Khushi are going to be left alone in an empty room... You haven't even met Amit personally till now...

Lavanya stopped to listen to Arnav while Khushi understood what was going on... She immediately walked towards Lavanya and snatched the cell, pressing it to her ear... She heard Arnav speaking...

Arnav: understand Lavanya... Khushi might feel uncomfortable because of me... and... (he couldn't speak further because Khushi cut him off)

Khushi: hello...

There was complete silence from other end until Khushi spoke again...

Khushi: We are meeting tomorrow... You need to know something...

Khushi cut the call and turned to Lavanya...

Khushi: Lavanyaji, I want you to invite Arnavji too tomorrow... We both will meet Amitji... Tell Arnavji the same...

Lavanya couldn't understand what is going on in Khushi's mind...

Lavanya: you think it is okay? Why do you want ASR to come?

Khushi: to clear something... I need to leave, Lavanyaji...

Khushi didn't give any chance for Lavanya to speak further as she left the place...

***

Khushi sat in front of the Devi Maiya idol with a post cover in her hand which was placed on her door step when she reached her house... It was from Arnav's lawyer and Khushi could already guess what it might be... As soon as she opened it, a chit fell on her lap... She took it in her hands and unfolded it... It was a letter... from Arnav... She started reading it...

"Khushi... I am sending you divorce papers... As you can already see, I have signed them... and I couldn't help but say, it was so hard Khushi... I felt miserable like the day when I lost my mother... I knew, it was all my wrong doings which paved path for our seperation... I was blinded by rage knowing that my di was betrayed and couldn't think anything other than setting her life right... So, I made a worst decision of marrying you so that Shyam could stay away from you and my di could be happy... I am so sorry for doing that to you Khushi... I will regret all my lifetime for doing that to you... but I wanted to let you know one thing, Khushi... My feelings for you developed long before our contract marriage... though I never admitted them, I fell for you... My love towards di blinded those feelings towards you... but I still love you... I don't want to let you go away from my life... I am saying this on a paper because I can't tell all these to your face... because I know I don't deserve you... Every cell of my body don't want you to sign those papers... but I can't go against your wish and let you live in pain... If you think that you can lead your life in a better way by signing those papers, then go ahead... Ignore this letter and think that you never met any person named Arnav in your life... All the best for your life ahead Khushi... "

All those tears which she held while reading that letter burst out... She took the divorce papers in her hands and saw his signature on it... She cried so much after seeing that... Tears flowed down her cheeks continuously... She cried over her fate... over her marriage... She cried because of the fate of her true love being turned into something like this... She looked at the Devi Maiya idol and spoke...

Khushi: I just wish I could stay with him all my lifetime Devi Maiya... I just wish I could wipe away all those accusations and lead a happy life with him... What should I do now...?

Khushi took the mangulsutra between her fingers and remembered the words of Tulasi...

"you got remembered of your days when you got married? Do you miss your husband?"

Khushi thought for a while and stopped crying... She wiped away the tears and spoke to Devi Maa idol again...

Khushi: whatever I decide this time, it will be solely based on my happiness Devi Maiya... I want my life back without any pain...

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 9.4K 19
âš âš  This was my first ever FF and it's highly cliche, cheesy and hopelessly romantic so if you don't like such stuff, this isn't for youâš âš  HIGHEST RAN...
26.4K 1.4K 11
Arnav, a Proud Airforce officer who worship his duty. He got married to Khushi, a shy girl but with strong determination. Their marriage was an arran...
262K 7.8K 26
After seeing them leaving to Paris.. He was totally broken.. He didn't return back to Raizada Mansion but drove to his Apartment.. He slammed the apa...
100K 6.7K 23
Justice, or khushi's journey. Khushi who had been born and brought up in a very wealthy family, she was loved by all, she was happy.. but her destin...