Small Talk (Niall Horan)

By criselr

Niall Horan has taken a keen interest on Twitter and Instagram during his time off. During one of his live se... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Epilogue
SEQUEL

Chapter 61

11.4K 302 590
By criselr

*Niall's P.O.V.*

"Babe, I'm going to the loo really quick." I whispered in Soph's ear as the song ended. I just couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Yeah, go ahead Nialler." She replied before I started practically sprinting towards the bathrooms. As I started walking down the hallway that led to the bathrooms I saw a lot of people gathered in the little waiting area outside the bathrooms. I walked through them and finally got to the bathroom. Thank god there wasn't a line or anything because I would've literally pissed meself in the spot. I walked out of the loo and before I could even take the first step someone put their hand in front of me to stop me. I honestly thought that it was Sofia, but then I heard her voice, a voice I hadn't heard for quite a long time.

"Hello Niall." Ellie greeted me as she stepped in front of me.

"Hi Ellie." I answered. I wasn't going to be rude to her or anything, after all, we had dated for quite a while and she was married. It's not like she was going to try and make a move on me like she had done several times in the past.

"How have you been?"

"Pretty good, just finished touring. You?"

"Not so good, things with Caspar are kind of rocky."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Yeah." By now people wanting to go into the bathroom had kind of pushed us and I was standing against a wall, with Ellie in front of me.

"I've got to get going." I told her, I had already been gone for at least 10 minutes.

"Please wait, don't go." She pleaded as she placed her hand on my chest. Okay, now she was making me feel uncomfortable, but I couldn't be rude to her. There were a lot of people around us and knowing Ellie she'd make a scene if I tried to leave.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Is it true that you're getting back together with the boys?" That's what she wanted to ask me? Seriously? It was all over the news and we had each confirmed it multiple times.

"Yes, we're getting back together and we're going on tour."

"That's great Niall. I remember going on tour with you for a while, it was quite fun. Maybe I could join you again."

"I have a girlfriend and you're married Ellie." I stated.

"So?"

"What do you mean so? I won't cheat on my girlfriend and you shouldn't cheat on your husband."

"Who would know?"

"I would know."

"And who is this girlfriend of yours by the way? I haven't even heard about her in the news or anything."

"We're keeping things on the down low for now."

"Why? Are you embarrassed to be seen with her?"

"Of course not." I scoffed. She was getting on my nerves. All I kept thinking was Harry's motto: Treat people with kindness, over and over again. I didn't want to snap in front of these many people. "Seriously Ellie, I have to get going." I spoke yet again, she kept getting closer and closer to me with every spoken word. I literally felt trapped and the fact that I was claustrophobic wasn't helping at all.

"You don't have time for a friend?" She pressed on as she got closer to me, her mouth now mere inches away from mine.

"Seriously Ellie, I don't want to be rude, but back off."

"You know you want to kiss me."

"Ellie..." I trailed off as I saw a fuming Sofia walking towards us.

*Sofia's P.O.V.*

After debating wether or not I should confront Niall for a solid minute, I decided that I wasn't going to stay quiet. I gathered all of my strength and courage as I walked determinant towards them. The closer I got the more I could see that the woman was practically pressed up against Niall, she even had her hand on his chest. What the actual fuck? When I was 2 meters away, Niall finally looked away from her and saw me walking furiously towards him.

"What the fuck?" I blurted out when I was in their hearing range.

"Babe..." Niall trailed off, the woman who I still hadn't even looked at removed her hand from Niall's chest, at least.

"Don't babe me Niall." I was so pissed, why the hell was he hiding near the bathrooms cornered against a wall with a woman practically all over him, and all of this while I was mere meters away.

"Seriously it's not what it looks like." He tried to explain, but I cut him off.

"Yeah right, that's what every guy says."

"I'm Ellie." The woman tried to introduce herself, and that's when I realized that it was Ellie Goulding, one of Niall's ex girlfriends, and that made me even madder. I just stared at her with an 'are you being fucking serious' look on my face, hoping she'd get the hint. "I'll leave you two alone then." She started backing away. "Talk to you later Niall." She winked at him. Was this motherfucker being seriously? The audacity...I couldn't believe it. I turned to look back at Niall, who was still staring at Ellie as she went away.

"Are you being serious? You're watching her leave?" I glared at him.

"No I swear." Niall answered, turning his attention back to me.

"Are you going to fucking explain yourself?"

"Nothing happened Sofia!" Niall exclaimed.

"Then why the fuck did I come looking for you after you had gone to take a piss nearly 30 minutes ago and come to find you cornered with your fucking ex girlfriend's face mere inches away from yours?"

"She's crazy." Niall sighed.

"That's all you're going to answer?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Literally nothing happened. I just came out of the bathroom, and she stopped me. I wasn't going to be rude to her so I stopped and said Hi, and then she started basically throwing herself at me." I let out a breath of relief that I didn't even know I was holding in, but he still wasn't off the hook.

"And it didn't occur to you to tell her you have a girlfriend?"

"I did tell her!" Niall exclaimed, a little louder, causing a few people to look our way.

"And? She didn't care?"

"She didn't! I mean, she's married and didn't give a fuck about that either. She kept throwing herself at me. But I kept pushing her off I swear. You know I'd never do anything to hurt you or risk our relationship babe."

"Then why didn't you leave?"

"'Cause I know Ellie and she loves causing scenes. I knew that if I left before she finished talking she'd make a scene and I honestly didn't want that."

"You swear?" My face softened up a bit, it did sound as if he were telling the truth.

"I swear. You know I wouldn't leave you for anyone else, especially not her."

"Fine, I believe you."

"Thanks petal." Niall spoke as relief washed over him. "Please let's not let this ruin our night."

"Don't worry, I won't let it ruin it. It's not worth to keep fighting over something that didn't happen. But seriously how could you date her Niall? I mean she doesn't even care about cheating on her boyfriend."

"I know, I swear she wasn't like that when we dated. And besides we only went out for about 2 months, I didn't even get the chance to know the real her. Glad I didn't stick around though."

"I'm glad you didn't stick around too, or it would have been you the one who gets cheated on."

"I know, I know. Let's make our way back to the table. It's almost midnight." Niall spoke before I checked the time, and he was right, it was already 11:53, 7 more minutes 'till midnight. We made our way back to the table, passing through Ellie's table on the way, and she had the audacity to smile at us, like what the fuck was wrong with her? I decided that she wasn't worthy of our time and decided to not think about her, I wasn't going to let her ruin my night with Niall.

"Took you long enough." Louis voiced as soon as we got back to the table.

"Everything okay?" Eleanor asked me quietly so that the rest wouldn't hear.

"Yeah, we just ran into one of Niall's exes, but everything's fine. I'll tell you the story later."

"Sure! I'm glad everything's fine though." She smiled at me. She was so nice all the time, and it just made me sad knowing all of the hate she had received online from all of Louis' fans, she didn't deserve it at all.

"Here you go babe." Niall interrupted my thoughts as he handed me a glass of champagne.

"Thanks." I grabbed it and before I even knew it the countdown began.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1!" The crowd cheered. "Happy New Year!" They all exclaimed before Niall turned to look at me and planted a kiss on my lips. Making the whole world around me disappear when he did.

"Happy New Year Soph."

"Happy New Year Nialler." I smiled at him as we drank our champange, forgetting all about the incident with Ellie and focusing on each other. Being together and being able to welcome the year together and with the rest of his bandmates was all that mattered. There was no other place that I would rather be, this is where I belonged, with Niall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! Thank you so much for all the love you're giving my story! It means a lot to me. I just wanted to add a little drama, so sorry for the cliffhanger last chapter, but at least Niall wasn't doing anything wrong. Also *disclaimer* no hate towards Ellie, I'm sure she's a wonderful person. I had to make her the 'bad guy' hence her behavior in the story, but I'm sure she's great irl. For all the new readers, I update daily! How are you enjoying the story so far? If you have any suggestion about something you'd like me to include be sure to leave it in the comments! I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 199 81
I cannot believe I list my description... This story is about a girl and a young boy who are best friends. But will distance and fame tear them apart...
443K 18.3K 34
Louis could feel Harry behind him, the hot breath on his neck and the soft hands upon his waist. "You know I do more than tutor, don't you?" Harry w...
577K 25.6K 32
Louis Tomlinson is the world's most successful and well-known record artist. His fans (who call themselves "Louies") know everything about him-- so t...