CLOUD ENVY - S. Nara

By 1234internet

The ninja world is a cruel and unforgiving place. Especially for one Amaya Ishikawa No parents. No family. Ju... More

It began with a flame
Coming to a standstill
Enter! Amaya Ishikawa!
Graduation and friends
Teams.
Unforgettable lesson
A mission to the land of waves
The demon of the mist
Tazunas home
A Good Day To Do Nothing
The battle on the bridge
In Love?
Dinner With The Nara's
The freaking Chunin Exams
Meeting the competition
A/N
Hollywood
Old foes
Snakes are gross
Snakes are gross pt. 2
Awake
Fake Medical Degree
Psycho
Yucky
Tea
Overstaying your welome isnt always bad.
Pre-Gaming
Two Hours to Midnight
When the Levee Breaks

Easy

812 29 1
By 1234internet

"Winner of the second match Temari,"

The crowed watched in awe and pity as one of the nine rookies was bent over backwards on the sand nins fan.

"Hm," the blond hummed with pride.

When's Amaya gonna get here... she said she would be in the exam. Thought Sakura with worry looking around for her teammate.

To everyone's shock and dismay the sand ninja known as Temari reeled back her fan and sent Tenten flying.

"No!" Rock lee yelled jumping down.

Poof!

a cloud of steam erupted in the arena.

Amaya gingerly held the weapons master she wasn't quite acquainted with.

Lucky I got here in time.... she thought wearily.

Temari narrowed her eyes at the figure.

"Your that leaf brat who almost croaked in the second exam, right?" The blonde inquired.

"That would be me," Amaya smiled cheekily standing to her feet and gingerly putting TenTen over her shoulder.

"Hm, glad you lived, maybe we'll get to fight in the next exam," Temari remarked.

Amaya hummed a small laugh.

"Maybe, I was looking forward to meeting you. It's too bad though..." She trailed off innocently.

The sand ninja gained a faint look of offense as she waited for she too finish.

"Being a sore loser fine, but a sore winner... that's pretty embarrassing,"

Temari sucked in a sharp irritated breath.

"Why should I respect garbage like her who can't even put up a fight," The blonde sang with indifference.

Readjusting the young ninja over her shoulder Amaya's lips formed a thin line.

"Sounds like someone's never gotten there ass kicked before," the sentence and all its shamelessness rang out through the quite arena only to be met with snickers from the hidden leaf portion.

Temari scowled.

"Because if you had, you would know what it's like to be 'that garbage that can't even put up a fight'."

"Sounds like you would know," the young women smirked.

"I would, and unless they're liars so would every other shinobi in this room. Because that's a part of learning.... So tell me Temari how much have you really learned if you've never been where she is right now. Sounds like you've been given the easy fights your whole life,"

"You say your excited to fight in the next exam, well so am I. I'm excited to show your pompous ass what a real fight is."

Now, she was seething.

Amaya's eyes eyes held an air of amusement that was not missed by her friends in the crowd.

"You brat! You talk big but I'll crush you like a bug!"

Temari, finally having it charged raising her fan.

The crowd tensed and many went to stop the ensuing fight but their actions were futile as the weapon had already come crashing down on the girl.

"Sensei you have to help her!" Sakura urged as she leaned over the rail, squinting though the cloud of dust that had formed around the pair.

Looking down he observed the situation- though without the urgency his student was looking for.

As the cloud cleared it revealed a slightly shocking scene.

"How," Temari grit pushing her fan down harder.

Amaya held the fan in her iron grip, yet her arm shook uncharacteristically as she glared up at the blonde. In her other arm she securely held TenTen.

"Attacking someone who's holding a injured comrade... no class," The Ishikawa shook her head. 

Temari scowled.

"Enough Temari, you'll have your chance to beat her." her black clad teammate yelled from above.

The two girls eyes locked firmly as Amaya tried to decipher the meaning behind his statement.

"Whatever," the blonde spat ripping back her weapon.

The silver headed girl watched her figure move away and Rock Lee's move forward.

"Thank you," Rock Lee cried dramatically jumping in front of her.

Amaya blinked a the boy before a small smile spread across her face.

"No problem," she sang letting Tenten down easy and handing her off to her teammate.

As the two walked slowly back up Amaya shook her head at her own actions.

If that went any further... she thought remembering how her arm shook slightly as she held Temari's fan back.

It could've gotten ugly...

As they reached the top of the stairs the Bushy Browed genin promptly turned to the young women.

"Thank you for defending my teammate!" He said dramatically as he took her hand.

Amaya quirked her brow as she chuckled nervously.

"No problem, I was just on my way in and all I felt bad-,"

"No! Please do not be humble, it was very selfless and youthful!!!" He yelled as tears ran down his face theatrically.

She blinked at him for a moment before shaking his hand again.

"Uh- yeah.. again no problem, I've gotta get to my team," she smiled sheepishly stepping around him.

She winced only slightly as her muscles aches and begged to rest. She merely shook the feeling and began walking towards her team.

"Was that necessary," One chain smoking sensei asked.

She stopped in her tracks and shot him a cheeky smile.

"No, but it sure did feel good."

He let out a puff of smoke shaking his head.

"You tormented the poor girl, not everyone plays your mind games Amaya," Ino hummed with a smirk.

"I haven't a clue what your talking about,"

Choji giggled.

"Smartass," the Nara chirped leaning onto the rail in exhaustion.

"She did almost have you there, we aren't blind," Asuma sighed.

Amaya pressed her lips together in irritation.

"I know, so embarrassing." She sang as she walked away from them to her own team.

As her figured moved away from them a tick mark formed on Ino's forehead.

——

"Amaya!" Naruto cried tackling her to the ground.

"I'm pretty sure we've been over this part already,"

He sat up and laughed

"I know I was just testing your reflexes!" He grinned deflecting her remark as he rubbed his nose bashfully. 

She smiled the boy as he helped her back up.

"You look awful," Sasuke remarked.

She give him a flat look.

"Now I could be wrong here but, I heard somewhere that major blood loss may have that affect on some people,"

Whack!

"Don't be a Smartass," Kakashi scolded with a closed eyes smile.

"Yeah whatever-,"

Whack!

"Yeah don't be rude to Sasuke," Sakura grit bonking the girl over the head.

Amaya dramatically fell into the rail.

"But he started it!" She whined.

They all looked at her unapologetically.

"Wow after getting injured this is how I'm treated." She sniffled.

Naruto let out an obnoxious laugh at her antics and Sakura clenched her fists and directed a punch at him too.

"Will you two stop acting like children. This is the chunin exams!" She scolded.

"Oh don't be such a stick in the mud Sakura, have some fun for once!" Amaya suggested with a smirk.

The pinkette rolled her eyes and folded her arms together.

"I'll start having fun when my match is over."

"Match seven! Ishikawa Amaya and Kenji Usui!"

The teams looked down at the proctor wearily.

Amaya let out a large sigh leaning on the rail.

"Out of the fire and into the frying pan huh? Out of all the people in all of the hidden leaf..." she groaned.

Naruto furrowed his brows moving next to her.

"You know that guy Amaya?" He prodded.

"I guess, we go to the same grocery store I see him from time to time. He's kinda a pain in the ass,"

"He's kinda cute, of course you'd think that," Sakura admires leaning over the rail and admiring the boy.

He was tall making him stand out and his shoulders were broad. His long blonde hair was up in a ponytail that framed his strong jawline, It fell down to about his waist in length. Finally where his blue eyes, they were piercing as the gazed up at the silver headed girl happily.

"Oh don't go getting any ideas Haruno, he's a little to emotionally stable for your taste." She began as her eyes shifted the the Uchiha.

Sakura huffed as she continued.

"In fact thats the problem, he's all bubbly and friendly. Kinda like a golden retriever, stupid and happy." Amaya groaned.

"Oh don't be mean,"

"I'm not. The last time he saw me he told me I should smile more often. Not even in a perverted way either he was just being irritatingly nice. It's nauseating,"

Naruto busted out laughing.

"Your so mean Amaya!" He giggled.

"Are you kidding me Amaya if a guy who looked like that told me to smile more I'd die right there on the spot," Ino jumped in from wherever she had been eavesdropping their conversation from.

She held up her hands in defense.

"Just not my type. Sorry," the Ishikawa murmured shortly.

"Your such an idiot Amaya I swear," Ino cried pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Ino you seem awfully interested in my love life. Is there something you wanna tell me?" Amaya grinned wiggling her eye brows.

"You-," Ino began going to grab her and make her stop talking but her hands caught nothing but air as she hopped the railing.

"Sorry Ino maybe next time," she said through laughter.

As her feet hit the floor she realized she was faced with a new challenge.

"Maya!"

From the moment he spoke she knew it was him as he was the only one who called her that.

"Hey kenji!" She hummed meeting him at the middle of the Arena.

"What are the chances!" He said with a grin.

He's such a bubbly guy... she thought to herself having always seen him in that way.

They are opposites. He's always happy, bubbly and goofing around. While she's calm, sarcastic and irritable most the time. Yet somehow, more so from his badgering, they became friends.

"Yeah pretty crazy," she remarked.

She looked at him for a moment taking in his appearance. He had his long blonde hair in a high ponytail and his blue eyes sparkled in the fluorescent light. Being a pretty built guy and a little older then her he stood tall looking down towards her with a smile.

"Prepare to lose Ishikawa I'm gonnna kick your butt," he said teasingly throwing air punches.

She rolled her eyes at his childish behavior in front of all these people including the hokage.

"Right,"

"Just... give me all you've got kiddo,"

A tick mark formed on the boys forehead as he eyed the girl in front of him.

"Hey! I'm older then you ya know!"

"Mhm," She hummed with a small smile.

"Alright  you two," the proctor begin begrudgingly.

They both sighed and gave him a weary look.

"Are you both ready,"

The two competitors nodded.

"Alright then..."

You could hear a pin drop as they both stiffened and prepared to fight.

"Begin."

———

They began with a fury as Kenji sprung towards Amaya without hesitation.

Shit~ she thought narrowly dodging. Every muscle in her body protested as she did a back handspring evading his attacked.

The boy came from above, kunai on hand and a determined look edged onto his face. Amaya skillfully danced from his grip and slipped the weapon straight from his hand. Ducking under a punch aimed to her face, she sent a swift jab to his back causing him to stumble behind her.

She clenched her jaw and rolled her shoulder as she turned to find him getting back to his feet.

"Hey! How'd you do that!"

"Well I began by-,"

"Oh would you give me a break," Kenji huffed in exasperation.

A small and barely noticeable smile edged onto her face as she spun his kunai on her ring finger and charged.

"Cmon what happened to all that crap about kicking my butt," She chirped shooting a jab at his face. He side stepped it and grimaced.

"I'm just getting started-," He threw a kick to her abdomen but as she deflected and sent an attack back his figure disappeared in a puff of smoke.

A clone!?

Within a heartbeat he came from her rear, another kunai ready to strike.

The crowd watched in anticipation as she shot her arms back and threw the boy over her shoulders. A let out a groan as his body slammed into the ground. Blood spewed from his mouth a the wind was completely knocked out of him.

"Not personal doll, I just wanna get this over with." She murmured as she looked down at him.

It wasn't until he eerily got his bearings and smirked up as her.

Poof~

She stared down at the empty crater with tired eyes.

"Aw- give me a break-,"

Her protest was cut short when she dodged a jab from her right side. Her eyes shot to the kid in irritation, she grabbed his arm ferociously pulling him in the direction she punched him from and kicking him square in the behind.

He stumbled forward barely catching his footing before swing around to face her with a snarl.

"Amaya!" He grit warningly.

"What,"

"You know what! Take this seriously,"

She narrowed her eyes and straightened herself.

Now he had struck a nerve.

"Why should I? Are you asking me to pity you? Pretend that this is a challenge, for what? Your pride? You want me to take this seriously? Get me to break a sweat then we'll talk." Amaya barked lowly. She wasn't in the mood to play games, not while her muscled groaned and her head throbbed.

His brow twitched and he barred his teeth.

"If you can't beat me like this, then you don't deserve to be a chunin, period. You'd only be a liability."

He cried out in anger barraged her with hand to hand.

Now we're talking, she thought.

He struck fast and hard like an angry dog while she dodged and jabbed with the swiftness of a cat.

Ducking under one of his punches she slammed her fist into his gut. He let out a cry flying back into the wall of the stadium.

"Your letting your emotions cloud your judgement. Because of that, you'll lose." Amaya droned, her voice echoing throughout the cement arena.

"That girl is colder then ice," Ino murmured, shivering ever so slightly.

Asuma nodded in acknowledgment of his student but his eyes shifted to the Nara standing to his left. Shikamaru's brows were drawn together as he rested both his arms on the rail in front of him.

"Hm," The Sarutobi pressed his lips together in amusement before he was drawn back to the match.

———

Amaya out out a sharp cry as Kenji's fist slammed into her gut. She slid back, it seemed Kenji was getting a second wind. Unfortunately the one she sparsely had from the start was running out.

I have to end this quick... she thought reading her situation.

The young man charged her kunai ready, she stood wearily pouring over her options. It wasn't until her was a breath away did a reluctant idea pop into her mind.

Let's just said she'd been in a similar predicament or two- in which a certain move would come to mind.

It's almost too cruel... the weary thought passing through her mind, though in the moment, there was no other choice.

With a swift hand motion she formed almost unintelligible hand signs.

"A jutsu!" Sakura observed enthusiastically leaning over the rail.

Behind the genin of team seven Kakashi stood and watched, cringing as he recognized the signs.

As Kenji dawned upon Amaya she clapped her hands together and slammed her foot into the ground with one swift motion.

The wall of mud shot you from the ground so fast there was no fathomable way the young man could comprehend it. The small narrow slot of sediment slammed into his jaw from beneath him sending him stumbling back. But just as quickly as it came it was gone and Amaya sought a quick ending to her grand finale. Lurching foreword she reeled back her fist and sent it directly into his gut. Blood spewed from his lips as he flew back landing with a crater of cement and dirt.

The crowd watched in anxious silence but as it became clear the Ishikawa's opponent was K.O. the cheering began. It was loud and flooded her ears only inducing her head to pound harder then it already was. Her knees threatened to give out beneath her but as her eyes poured over her opponent she realized how still his figure had truly become.

"Oh god..."

Her voice was barely above a whisper as she rocked back on her heel and took over towards him. Sliding on her knees next to the boy she was quick to press her fingers against his jugular.

Weak and thready... but there.

"Hey! What the hell's the hold up this kid needs a Doctor. Now!" She barked towards the Hokage and the rest of the Jonin. The cheering dimmed as they watched the almost immediate respond of the medical staff on hand. 

As Kenji was put in a rack and taken away the Ishikawa was finally able to sink back off her heels and onto the ground. Where she fell on her back and let out a shaky breath. 

"Shit" Was all she could muster as her  eyes stared up at the iridescent light.

"Amaya," she heard a voice mumble from above her.

Soon enough the light above her was blocked out by her silver headed sensei as he stood over her.

"Mm?" She hummed looking up at the man.

He sighed stepping around her and grabbing her by the arms.

"Up you go!" He sang pulling her to her feet. Though he legs gave out a bit he put her arm over his shoulder for stability.

"Thanks... really didn't think I was gonna be able to swing that," she whispered to him in shocking honesty.

As they walked slowly off the arena they continued their quiet conversation.

He side eyes the girl studying her figure. She had this blank look as she looked at the ground. It almost made his stomach turn, a fourteen year old shouldn't have those eyes....

"Looked like you had it handled to me..." he hummed casually.

"Looked like... I'll give it to him, he had me for a bit. But I couldn't go losing now could I. Injury or not that would've been a pretty hard it on the ego," she chided lazily.

He let out a small chuckle looking ahead. They finally made it to the stairs but as she went to lift her legs she found her self not being able too.

"Damn," she mumbled to herself. Looking at the long steps.

Kakashi rolled his eyes before crouching down and coercing the stubborn girl to let him give her a piggy back ride.

"Don't go taking your time now you know damn well this is embarrassing..." she scolded the man about half way up the stairs.

He smirked keeping his lazy pace as he read his book and walked up the stairs.

"Eyes on the road... if you trip I'm using you to break my fall," she mumbled.

Again he chuckled reaching the top.

As they did so they were met with an enthusiastic team seven.

"Amaya that was so cool!!! You've gotta teach me out to do the rock thingy! It was totally badass," Naruto yelled bumping his fist to hers as her at hung over her sensei's shoulder.

"Thanks Naruto... remind me sometime and I'll think about it," she said lazily smiling at him.

"Yeah that was great Amaya... you made it to the final round!" Sakura said with a sweet smile.

"Oh yeah that's right," she chuckled sheepishly scratching her cheek.

"I guess I forgot about that part..." She mumble.

They all deadpanned at her usual behavior.

"Idiot," Sasuke chided.

"What are you to lazy to walk," he questioned.

She laughed.

"Uh no... more like my legs stopped working,"

"Then go home," she heard a gravelly voice scold.

Asuma steppes next to kakashi with his team in tow.

"Nice job Amaya that was crazy!" Choji said patting her on the back.

"Thanks," she mumbled.

"Yeah you totally kicked his butt! You had me worried though I thought you killed him!" Ino laughed.

Amaya let out a weak chuckle looking away from the girl, not quite being able to meet her eyes. A gesture not missed by the two jonin present.

Wouldn't have been funny if you found yourself attending his funeral in the following weeks... she thought blandly.

"Alright time to go," Kakashi sang poofing him and the girl away before the Nara could get a word in.....

———

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 333 46
Yuki has been in hiding for many years and has many sensei because her mother is being chased. Yuki has been left with her father, but it may not be...
44.1K 1.5K 62
Shirayuki, your average ninja, becomes a ninja along with Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke. She's not strong or smart, just observant. And has the privilege...
98.4K 4.2K 39
•I'm definitely rewriting this story, the plot was there but I just couldn't write it properly I guess. Sakura Haruno wishes she was invisible someti...
6.2K 399 26
SAKURA X OC They were just nameless children when taken under Danzo's wing - one they struggled to escape no matter how hard they tried, regardless o...