Outer Banks | Oneshots & Imag...

By Stephiecake03

Outer Banks | Oneshots Featuring anyone as long as they are requested:) (Season One-) There will be light swe... More

𝑂𝑈𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐵𝐴𝑁𝐾𝑆 𝐼𝑀𝐴𝐺𝐼𝑁𝐸𝑆 | 𝐇𝐢𝐲𝐚 ♡♡♡
♡"Can't you just sleep on the couch?"♡
♡"Break my heart one hundred times, I would still love you"♡

♡Broken Hearts♡

5.9K 83 31
By Stephiecake03

Broken Hearts
↳ angst
≫JJ Imagine

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

It was a typical rainy summer day in The Banks. The sun wasn't shining very brightly and clouds scattered across the sky. The wind put a blanket of humidity throughout the town and I felt sticky.

I was walking towards The Wreck for my job, hands in my pockets searching for any familiar faces to keep me company. But there were none.

The rain wasn't pouring, but I had a feeling that it would start to get heavier any moment now. I hopped inside The Wreck and was greeted by Mr. Carrera, Kie's dad and owner of the place.

"Morning Mr. Carrera," I smile as I greet him with a wave.

He smiles back. "Good morning (Y/N)," he states. He looks at me and furrows his eyebrows. "Did you not bring an umbrella?"

I shrug and walk into the kitchen to grab my apron. "I don't have one. Besides, I love the rain."

Something about the rain makes me feel calm, whether it's the soft pattering sound it makes as it hits the ground or the lighting that flashes across the sky during thunderstorms. Pretty odd, but the rain reminds me that anything can happen at any given moment. And it's also unpredictable, just when it seems like it'll be a little drizzle, it has the possibility of turning into a huge thunderstorm.

"Hey (N/N)," Kie smiles as she comes into the kitchen.

"Hiya Kie," I wave. I fix my hair and turn to her. "Did the boys make any plans for today after I left last night?"

I had to leave yesterday because I promised my mom I would take care of my little sister because my mom was out of town. She doesn't really trust her alone with my dad because he likes taking trips around the cut rather than staying at home with us. I don't mind, though. My little sister is my best friend. 

She shook her head. "No clue, I left soon after you did. You know my dad doesn't like me hanging out with the other Pogues."

I chuckle at her statement. "They do have a tendency to get us in a lot of trouble, but it's what makes our lives and friendship interesting."

As more and more people flood in, I stay behind the sink washing any dishes that Kie drops off.

Today was oddly packed for a rainy day, but you know us Outer Bankers, if hurricanes don't scare us, then how is a little bit of rain going to? We're very resilient that way. Because even though a hurricane could destroy the cut, we Pogues always bounce back, even if it takes all summer to repair the damages done.

The day passes by and soon my shift is over. Kie and I put our aprons in the closet and quickly run outside.

"Isn't your dad going to be pissed that you're going out in the rain?" I chuckle. "Especially after all of the hurricane warnings shown on the news an hour ago?"

She shakes her head and grabs my hand pulling me towards her car. "We'll be fine. Besides, we haven't had a sleepover in a while."

"I guess, but you could've at least told your dad."

"And risk him saying no? No thanks."

I look at her, my lips in a thin line. "I just don't want you to get in trouble Kie."

She gives me a small smile. "I'll be fine (N/N)."

"Hey (Y/N)!" A voice calls out. Before I get into the car, I look out and see Sarah Cameron. I turn to Kie and she frowns.

I look at her confused, unsure of what to do. "Do you mind if I talk to her real quick?" I ask carefully.

Kie and Sarah don't get along and I don't really know why. I just know that the two of them can't stand each other.

Sarah and I, on the other hand, are different. We've known each other for as long as I can remember. Wheezie is also friends with June.

"It's fine," she says as she slams the door of her car.

"Hi Sarah," I smile as I wave. I run up to her and hug her. "I haven't seen you in days."

"Yeah, Topper has been keeping me all to himself lately."

I frown looking at her closely. "He isn't acting jealous like usual, right?"

She shrugs not seeming too bothered by the fact that her boyfriend is a control freak. "Nothing I can't handle."

"I don't get why you keep seeing him if he's such a jerk." I scoff while she laughs, but there's a hint of sadness behind it. I shake my head crossing my arms. "Sorry, that sounded pretty mean of me. It's not my place."

"It's fine, you've got a point." She looks towards Kie's car. "So, what are you doing with Kiara?"

I look back. "She was going to drive me home."

"How is June doing?"

I smile at the mention of my sister. "Pretty good, she told me that she and Wheezie were planning on starting some sort of club at school."

Sarah nods. "I heard, I just hope they'll get members."

I snort and shake my head. "You know those two are an unstoppable team."

She nods again, a small smile on her face. "Oh for sure." She shifts her gaze back to Kie's car. "I'll see you later then." She grins and hugs me. "Bye (N/N)."

"Bye Sarah."

|••••••••••|

"So," Kie starts as we lay sprawled across my bed. "How have your parents been?"

I roll over to my side and let out a sigh. "Well, my mom went out of town again. Her business is really taking over the scarce free time she had. And dad's home less and less. He can't stand being at home when she isn't, says it hurts him too much. He's trying to help Pope's dad fix up their boat. I don't know how I'm going to take care of June all by myself."

"Isn't she the same age as Sarah's sister?"

I chuckle. "Yeah, but a thirteen year old can't exactly take care of herself that well. And I need to start picking up more shifts, I'm planning a surprise trip for the two of us at the end of the summer and need to save up some more."

She wraps her arm around me. "You're strong, (Y/N). It can't be easy, but I'll definitely ask my dad to see if you can pick any more shifts up."

"Thank you, Kie."

There's a tap on my window.

What is that? It's pouring outside.

Kie looks at me confused and I sit up. "I'm gonna go check it out," I say jumping out of bed. "Stay here okay?"

I hop down the stairs and grab a baseball bat. I live in a relatively calm neighborhood. No one's foolish enough to break in on this side of the island, though. It's Kook territory and we all know how much drama would entail. I quietly open the door and raise my baseball bat, only to see JJ outside my door.

He smiles and I sigh in relief.

"JJ, you scared the crap out of me and Kie," I say as I set the baseball bat down. I step aside to let him in.

"Kie's here?" he asks as he steps inside.

I nod as I close the front door. "Yeah, upstairs." I take him to our first-floor bathroom and throw a towel at him. "As much as I love your whole wet Pogue vibe, I don't want you to get sick." I fidget with my hands. "And my mom would kill me if she found out I let water stay on the hardwood floors." I grab a rag and dry the wet path JJ made on his way into the bathroom.

He smirks as he drys his hair. "Nice to see someone cares about me."

I frown, putting the now-wet rag into the laundry basket. "Did something happen with your dad?"

He bitterly chuckles, tossing the towel into the basket. "Doesn't something always happen? But I'm not here about that. I'm here 'cause I ran into Rafe."

I pause and quirk an eyebrow up. He looks angry. "What are you talking about?"

"Funny you're asking. He was wondering about you."

"Why the hell was he asking about me?" He stays silent staring at the floor.

"Who knows why, but you are known for hanging out with Kooks."

"Don't you trust me?" I ask gulping. His expression is so cold and expressionless. I clench my hands into fists. "You know me J, and you know where I come from. I can't help that my mom is a Kook and that we live in this neighborhood. I'm sorry I'm not 'Pogue' enough for you."

He simply shrugs, rolling his eyes. "When it comes to the Cameron's, I don't know what to believe," he says.

Those words dug deep into me.

How can he be so blunt? I've never given him a reason not to trust me and now he thinks something is going on between me and Rafe?

It feels as if the world is going in slow motion. The air becomes so intoxicating and my vision blurs.

How dense is he?

"How can you say that?" I ask, my voice cracking at the end. "How can you say that JJ? After all we've been through, you're one of my best friends. How can you think that I would ever actually want to spend time with a douche like Rafe? All he does is hurt you and our friends."

I look at him and frown, but he avoids my eye contact.

"That's a whole lot of bullshit (Y/N). Why don't you go back to your little Kook friends." He crosses his arms and stares at his shoes.

I scoff and hold back more of my tears. "That's what this is about?" I bitterly chuckle. "Not even Rafe, all Kooks in general? Are you seriously willing to cut me out of your life because I'm friends with some Kooks? Because I'm half Kook?"

"Hell yeah, I am, especially since you're choosing friends like Topper and Sarah Cameron."

I roll my eyes, stepping closer to him. "JJ, I'm only 'friends' with Topper because of Sarah. He sucks and I know he hates Pogues, I'm not an idiot."

He sighs and looks at me. "You know Sarah hurt Kie."

I nod. "To be honest, I have no idea what the deal is between the two of them. And as much as I love all of you, I've known Sarah for a long time. She's one of my closest friends. I'm not going to choose between you guys. I'm allowed to be friends with whomever I want to be friends with. I'm not choosing team Kook or team Pogue."

"Then I'll make the decision for you."

He steps out of the bathroom and opens the front door stepping out into the pouring rain once more.

I try to process what just happened and go after him, but I'm too late. He slammed the door shut.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 6.6K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
418K 25K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
123K 5.1K 52
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...
935K 21.5K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.