Small Talk (Niall Horan)

By criselr

Niall Horan has taken a keen interest on Twitter and Instagram during his time off. During one of his live se... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Epilogue
SEQUEL

Chapter 60

12.5K 301 443
By criselr

~December 31~

*Niall's P.O.V.*

"Where's the party again?" Soph inquired as soon as she got out of the shower and made her way to the room in her towel.

"Tape London." I replied as I eyed her. "Come here."

"Niall..." She started speaking as she made her way towards me. "We're gonna be late." 

"I don't care." I started kissing her before she could object any further.

"Okay, now we're really going to be late." Soph muttered an hour later as we both laid in bed, my arms wrapped around her.

"It's only 8 pm." I eyed the clock.

"Aren't we supposed to be there at 9:30?" She gasped as she quickly got up from the bed.

"Babe relax." I tried to calm her, I could hear her frantically moving around in the bathroom, probably trying to find her makeup.

"Niall, I still have to do my hair and makeup, and get dressed."

"You look amazing just like that petal."

"No I don't." She stuck her head out the door.

"Yes you do." I stated as I got up. "Why don't I help you then?"

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Well, can you help me dry my hair as I start doing my makeup, that would save me a lot of time."

"Of course." I reached for the blow drier, this was something I was capable of doing. I've been using a hair dryer to style my hair since forever. Thank god she asked me to help her dry her hair and not to do her makeup, that would have been a disaster.

"Thank you baby." She smiled at me as I started drying her hair while she carried on applying on her makeup. I loved observing her while she did her makeup, she made a lot of face while doing so, and it was adorable. "Why are you staring?" She suddenly asked, looking into my eyes through the mirror.

"The faces you make are really cute." I saw her cheeks turn red as she blushed.

"I can't concentrate with you staring at me."

"You look adorable, sorry for staring. I'll try to not do it."

"Okay, I appreciate it." She carried on.

We were ready in time, we left the flat at 9:15, which gave us plenty of time to get to the club.

*Sofia's P.O.V.*

Niall and I decided to take a cab to the club, since we were both going to be drinking, and it was safer if we didn't have a car. I kept rearranging my dress since it kept riding up. It was a bit short, but it was stunning, I had to wear it. It was a long sleeved high neck silver and white sequined dress. The sequins were rectangular and arranged in ways that helped snatch your waist and show of your curves, and it was backless which gave it that sexy edge and made up for the high neck. It showed off skin, but not too much, so to sum it up, it was perfection in a dress.

"Why are you so fidgety?" Niall asked me after the 3rd time I accidentally nudged him in the ribs while rearranging the dress.

"I'm not. I'm fixing my dress, it keeps riding up." I explained, and my answer seem to appease Niall, since he didn't comment anymore about me being fidgety for the rest of the drive.

"We're here." The cab driver announced as the Tape came into view. It was so crowded.

"Can you go around the back please?" Niall requested when he saw the mayhem in the front door.

"Of course." He replied before driving. "Here you go. Have a great night and a happy new year!" He cheerfully exclaimed.

"You too! Happy New Years." I answered as Niall payed him.

"Thank you for the ride. Happy New Year!" Niall opened the door of the car, and I hadn't even gotten out when the freezing wind hit my face. I nearly regretted my outfit of choice, but then I remembered how gorgeous it was and it made it all worth it. I didn't care about freezing my ass off in the cold London night. "Let's head inside before you freeze to death." Niall ushered me, he must have seen my lips trembling.

"Yep, that's a good idea." I spoke in between teeth chatters. 3 minutes later we were inside. The place was packed. "Holy shit, there's a lot of people in here." I exclaimed.

"I know! But it's an invitation only party. So don't worry about prying eyes. There are a lot of people from the media industry here. Mostly actors and singers, so they know what it's like to want to stay away from the public's eye." I don't know if Niall's answer comforted me or if it made me even more nervous. 

"Okay." Was all I replied as I scanned the room, spotting at least 5 celebrities in the process until my eyes landed on Harry and Camila. "There's Harry and Cami." I pointed out.

"Let's make our way over to them." Niall took my hand in his as we made our way through the crowd.

"Sofia!" Cami shouted over the music as she draped her arms around me.

"Hi Cami! I haven't seen you in forever." I voiced.

"I know."

"No hugs for me?" Harry stared at us, with a fake pouting face.

"So needy." I chuckled as I went to hug him and greet him too. While Cami said hi to Niall.

"Are the rest of the lads here?" Niall inquired.

"Yeah, we have a table there." Harry pointed towards the back of the club. "But Cami and I came to say hi to Adele." Harry motioned towards a table a few steps away and I saw her. Holy shit, Adele was here? Niall wasn't lying when he said that this place would be crowded with celebrities. Both Harry and Cami saw my eyes go wide as soon as he mentioned her name. "Do you want me to introduce you?" He laughed as he spoke.

"Sure!" Niall chimed in before any words came out of my mouth.

"Adele!" Harry hollered, trying to make himself heard over the music, and failing completely. He raised one finger, as if trying to say 'give me a minute' before he made his way to Adele and brought her back. "Adele, this is Niall and Soph." He introduced us.

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you both. I hadn't properly met Niall before!" She exclaimed in the sweetest voice as she hugged us hello. I couldn't believe I was actually hugging Adele, never in a million years would I have ever imagined this.

"Yeah, we hadn't been formally introduced." Niall laughed.

"It's so nice to meet you too. I love your music." I blurted. The fan in me was showing, fuck.

"Thank you so much." She smiled at us. "I have to head back to my table, but I'll catch up with you later."

"Yeah of course!" I exclaimed as she made her way back. "Holy shit, that was Adele." Harry and Niall laughed at me.

"I had that same exact reaction a couple of minutes ago." Cami told me. "I still can't believe my boyfriend is friends with her."

"Me neither."

"Why don't we go to our table?" Harry asked us.

"Yes, let's go." Niall replied before we started walking. I swear I spotted at least 5 A list celebrities on our way to where the boys were. They were all there: Liam, Maya, Louis, Eleanor, Zayn and Gigi.

"Hi how are you?" Eleanor embraced me as soon as she saw me. We hadn't seen each other since she came to Monterrey for Lou's concert.

"I'm doing pretty good, what about you?"

"Me too. We've been enjoying being home after the tour ended."

"That must be great."

"Niall's tour ended too right?"

"Yeah, his last concert was 10 days ago, now he finally gets time off."

"That's good. How long are you staying in London? We should hang out!"

"I'd love that! We're going to Ireland the 2nd and coming back the 5th for the boy's promo. And after that we have nothing planned."

"Great! Then we'll hang out when you get back from Ireland. Is this the first time you'll meet Niall's parents?"

"Yeah, I'm quite nervous actually."

"Oh don't be. I have met Niall's mom a couple of times before and she's so sweet, and I've only seen Niall's dad once but he was so nice too. You've got nothing to worry about."

"Thank you, I just hope I don't embarrass myself when we're over there."

"You won't don't worry."

"Let's all have a shot!" Liam suddenly exclaimed as a waitress came over with 10 shots glasses. Eleanor and I exchanged glances, as we recalled the last time we had all gone clubbing together before we chugged down the throat burning liquid.

We were having a blast, Niall and I were pacing ourselves with the drinks, we didn't want to get hammered, and we were just enjoying ourselves and the company and dancing to the beat of the music.

"Babe, I'm going to the loo really quick." Niall whispered in my ear as the song we were dancing to came to an end.

"Yeah, go ahead Nialler." I replied before he hurried towards the bathroom. 

"Where did Niall go to?" Louis asked me. 

"He went to the bathroom."

"That guy has bladder issues I swear. He always have to go to the bathroom, he always went at least twice during each concert and sometimes he would stop interviews to ask to go have a wee." Louis continued, making me laugh. "Right guys?" He asked Liam, Harry and Zayn, who of course weren't listening to our conversation so they all just turned to look at him.

"What? I didn't hear the first part." Harry asked.

"That Niall has bladder issues." Louis nearly screamed so that the boys could hear him. 

"Yeah he does." Zayn cracked up as the rest of the boys nodded in agreement while laughing. After we all calmed down we continued dancing together as a group. After the third song, there was still no sight of Niall.

"Maybe he wasn't taking a wee." Louis joked.

"Or there's a line to use the toilets." I countered back. 

"Could be...could be.." Louis trailed off before he started dancing again. I didn't give it much thought,  but after another 4 songs passed and there was still no Niall in sight I started to get worried. 

"I'll go look for Niall." I told Eleanor and Louis who were besides me.

"Yeah, sure!" Eleanor smiled at me. I started walking and to be honest I had no idea of where the bathrooms were located. I stopped a waitress as she passed by.

"Excuse me, where are the bathrooms?"

"They're over there." She pointed towards the direction of the bathrooms.

"Thanks!" I started walking briskly towards them, while scanning the room in hopes of seeing Niall, but I didn't see him. I got to where the waitress had pointed and it was a hallway, I kept walking and it opened up to another room, like a lounging area for the bathrooms, and it was crowded as fuck. I started scanning the room and that's when I caught a glimpse of him, what the fuck? He was standing against a wall looking pretty comfortable, with a blonde haired woman standing too close to him for my liking. I couldn't see their faces, since the woman was standing in front of Niall, her back to me, but I recognized Niall's outfit. I didn't know whether to walk away or confront them. What if they were just talking and she was just a friend? I was going to look like a crazy possessive girlfriend. Or worse, what if they were kissing and I had to witness it and get my heart broken there in the spot?  And on New Years Eve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! Thank you so much for all the love you're giving my story! It means a lot to me. As promised, this is a longer chapter and I included a bit of drama to spice things up a bit. For all the new readers, I update daily! How are you enjoying the story so far? If you have any suggestion about something you'd like me to include be sure to leave it in the comments! I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 113K 55
[HIGHEST RANK: #37 FANFIC / #100 TEENFIC; 9/14/14] **sequel to Catfish. Please, read Catfish before this story.** In which Louis and Harry are suppos...
5.3K 229 24
4 girls tricked by a fake Harry Styles kik account and a new friendship that stars between these 4 girls! After a while there dreams come true includ...
390K 7.6K 91
Unlike his two best friends, Zayn and Niall, Harry has always had stage fright. However, he is definitely not camera shy. What happens when Harry's n...