Meant To Be

By gulfsblueblankie

"Sometimes the dreams that come true are the dreams you never even knew you had." ― Alice Sebold, The Lovely... More

Yuan Fen (缘分)
The Best Match
A Long Night
Drained
The Soft Breeze
First Month
Little Drops
Beautifully Broken
The Surprise
Mew's Nong
The "Daughter"
Closer

Fon

1K 71 12
By gulfsblueblankie

"True love is not always about romance, candle lit dinners and flowers.

Real love is about the respect, care, trust and compromise you have in your heart."

-

They kept staring at the doctor after hearing that, nobody saying anything for a while.

"Are you...---like, sure?" Mew asked as he slowly sat down on the edge of the stretcher Gulf was laying on.

"I checked it---it's all clear, there is no doubt." The doctor said as he looked at the screen again. "It's almost the fourth month and...---I've never seen this before." He seemed really speechless, everyone in that room knew that all the fertile males always give birth to males, there was nobody who actually gave birth to a girl and that was why everybody was addressing the babies as 'him' even before they were born.Gender reveal wasn't even a thing, nobody counted months to learn it since it was already the same.

"It's a girl." The doctor repeated, looking at them. "I mean...think about it--" He rolled his chair closer to them , seeming really excited. "--He didn't want to get pregnant, there's a low possibility for the ones who doesn't really want it, they might get pregnant yes but he was totally against to it but it still happened."

"What..--what are you trying to say Phi?" Mew seemed really confused, he was trying to connect the dots in his head but he was really shocked because of the gender.It wasn't even the last thing he expected.

"I am saying--" Non looked at Mew. "--he already broke the first rule, it was a must for getting pregnant.We didn't think about it a lot since it might get explained as him actually wanting it down---But this, it's not like that.This is something new." Both of them were looking at him with empty eyes. "We need a lot of tests, I need to be %100 sure and then--"

"Wait, does that mean you are not sure?" Mew asked.

"I'm sure, %99,9." Non answered as he stood up, gathering Gulf's documents excitedly. "It's just a confirmation, then I have to talk to others about the possibilities of--"

"Wait wait--Hold on." Mew stood up well, taking the papers from the guy and surprising him. "You are not telling this to anybody." He looked at the doctor. "My dad can't learn it."

"But Mew--he is going to learn it eventually, you can't hide this." Non said, he started to call him with his name a month ago since Mew insisted.

"Just---let's think about it for a while, okay?" Mew put the papers away. "What are the possibilities you mentioned?" He asked, seeming really nervous and confused.

"It might be another disease." Non looked at him, talking in his doctor tone seriously.

"I'm having a headache." Gulf mumbled as he massaged his temples with a nervous expression.He was already sitting on the stretcher but not looking at them.

"This disease changed our all society rules, it happened all of sudden, even years later nobody could find a cure and it could be our end if fertile ones were not revealed.But if they also get a disease, there is no other way." He looked at Mew seriously. "But it can be the other option." He turned his eyes at Gulf this time. "Either you are diseased, this is a start of another hell or your daughter will be different."

"Great---amazing." Gulf mumbled, turning back to rubbing his forehead. "Just hours ago I was supposed to accept the fact that I'm having a son and now I'm having a daughter----fucking awesome!"

"What do you mean different?" Mew ignored him, staring at the doctor. "You mean she must be diseased?"

"What?" Gulf tilted his head with that. "Is that possible?" He asked with a disturbed face.Actually he wasn't so comfortable with this idea, still, and it seemed like he would keep feeling like this for a while, but a big side of him was giving into his instincts, it was like reflexes.Just like the time that guy was beating him up, all of sudden he thought about something to make him stop cause the kick he got on his stomach made him feel it in his guts, he felt how hurt the 'thing' inside him could feel.He didn't like it.

"No no---I'm not saying she can be diseased, we would've seen it if something was wrong." He fixed his glasses before smiling, still seeming excited while the other two was dumbfounded. "I'm saying that she might be the cure."

"What?" They both asked at the same time.

"I know how it sounds but--I have a good feeling about this.It's been years and none of the fertiles gave birth to a female, it's either white or black." He kept talking fast with shining eyes.

"I'm not following." Mew kept blinking.

"What if this can turn the circle back, like how it was?" He looked at Mew with a smile but both Mew and Gulf kept looking at him without understanding anything. "It's so early to talk about this, I need to discuss it with others and after the tests...--" He kept talking and talking, Mew handed Gulf a bottle of water during his explanation, which meant nothing for them.

"Can you please talk in a way we can understand?" Mew interrupted after a while.

The doctor took a breathe, ruffled his hair and put his hands on his legs. "After this disease, all the women started to give birth to only females, and the female ones they gave birth, gives birth to females, that's how the circle goes." he talked slowly. "The circle always has men and women, but the thing is---the way it works in our world, changed.The woman gives birth to girl, the guy gives birth to a boy and this girl and boy--" He put his index fingers together. "--can't generate a male." He looked at them like he was explaining it really simply. "The woman can't give birth to a boy and the man can't give birth to a girl, the circle keeps going like this." He looked at Gulf. "But if the guy gives birth to a girl, maybe the girl---" he put his fingers together again. "--can get together with a boy and give birth to a boy." He opened his palms, looking at them with his really enthusiastic eyes. "Do you get it now?"

"Are you making scenarios of a 4 months old baby, giving birth?" Mew raised his eyebrows.

"Oh my god." Gulf mumbled under his breath before opening the bottle and drinking some water again.

"This is huge, this can be--"

"Phi---slow down, okay?" Mew put his hands up. "Let's just---think about it for a while and--we will see each other next month."

"Next month? Do you want me to hide this information for a whole month and--"

"Yes." Mew turned at him again. "I want you to do that."

"But--"

"You know that they are going to use him like a lab rat." Mew said in a lower tone after getting close to him. "Don't do this." He looked at him with sincere eyes, knowing that Non didn't mean any harm but he was really excited.

"But it doesn't have to be the bad option, maybe it's something good."

"Yes---but we can't be sure yet, right?" Mew said after turning his back at Non again, holding Gulf's arm gently and helping him to stand up.

"What if it's the bad call?" Non asked and Mew stopped, looking at him. "What's going to happen then?" He asked like he knew what Mew was trying to do, they became friends during this months and Non was smart enough to see the way he cared for the younger one. "They might want to take Gulf back and--"

"Nobody's taking him anywhere." Mew stopped him with a steady voice when Gulf was grimacing with the pain he felt in his  body because of the beat from earlier, wrapping his arm around of the older's shoulder.He paused, not because of the comment but because of Mew's tone and the way he slightly grabbed his arm tighter than a second ago.

"This can change everything, Mew." The doctor looked at him with serious eyes. "Good or bad, we can't hide it for long."

"I got it." Mew said, seeming like he was starting to get annoyed as he loosened his grip again, pulling Gulf towards the door. "Let's think about it for a while." He said and Gulf kept staying quiet, looking at the doctor and seeing him nodding, seeming worried now as his excited face disappeared.

They both remained silent during the car ride, their minds were really fucked up and this day was already being too much for Gulf.He already had one mental breakdown, he got beat up and now his swollen eye was actually hurting, so he chose to close his eyes and lean back, trying to think about the things the doctor said.

"Do you want me to turn the lights off?" Mew asked as he stood beside the wall, only having his gray shorts on him.

"What if it's a bad call?" Gulf asked the same question after hours.They didn't exchange any words and it was already dark outside, Gulf was curled up on the couch with his black shorts and blue tank top. "What if--" Gulf turned his head, looking at Mew. "--it's a good call? That's even worse, it means they will..--they won't even wait her to be an adult, they will start their experiment on a baby and--" He was saying his thoughts loudly but stopped when Mew turned the lights off.He was confused, but then watched the guy coming closer to him.They were in the living room and being on a high floor like that was allowing them to see around with the city lights help.

Mew sighed, sitting beside Gulf's head as the boy was still laying on the couch.Messy haired boy got a little surprised at that, they were close and actually friends now, but they never got this close at all.He didn't got up or move, just tilted his head a bit and looked at Mew from the place he was laying down.

"Did you notice it?" Mew asked, causing Gulf to furrow his eyebrows. "It hurts, right?" He reached out and touched Gulf's swollen eye softly, checking the red part.But Gulf didn't even move away cause it was such a gentle touch, he felt Mew's thumb ghosting over his eyelid for a second and that was all. "But does your stomach hurt?" He asked as he looked down at Gulf and younger kept blinking for a while, realizing what Mew meant.

"Who did it?" Mew asked again, his tone was soft but it was obvious that he was worried about this all situation too.Gulf tried to focus on his question since Mew didn't pull his hand away after the touch and it was actually resting on his cheek now.

"I told you, I didn't--"

"You are lying, Gulf." Mew said and Gulf stared at him for a while, getting the fact that Mew smelled something wasn't right.

Younger sighed, closing his eyes before putting his palms on the couch and pulling himself up, placing his head on Mew's leg before looking at him again.

"Will you believe me if I say that it was for a good reason?" 

Mew looked at him for a while, he then nodded softly.

"Okay but-- you can't get yourself into things like that again, it could end up really bad."

"I know, I know." Gulf closed his eyes and Mew's stare got softer when he saw the boy putting his hands on his stomach.He never did that when Mew was around. "Do you remember when you saw me in the barn, Phi?" He mumbled without opening his eyes and it let Mew be able to look at his face without averting his gaze.

"Mh." He mumbled, brushing the boy's long curls back softly.Remembering that scene actually hurt his heart, he could still remember how lifeless Gulf seemed, he was beyond hopeless and Mew never felt that emotion till his bones until he saw the boy like that.

"Even at that time...--I didn't feel like dying." He talked softly and slowly, like he was trying to find the right words. "I felt like dying when she got hurt." He opened his eyes before saying that, looking at Mew with his big and calm eyes, like realizing that was also a surprise for him. "It's so strange, it's insane." He chuckled, shaking his head after hearing his own words but Mew quickly caressed his hair.

"No Gulf, it's more natural then you think." He said softly, making the younger look at him. "In the barn, when you tried that..--you were just scared and panicked." He started to talk, they were alone in the house but for some reason they were both being really quiet and gentle with their tone.It wasn't disturbing, in fact, it was sincere. "Everything you did was normal, Gulf." He was looking down at younger as his thumb caressed over Gulf's forehead. "You wanted her to be gone and tried it, but you couldn't do it.Cause you don't hate her as much as you think." He kept talking and Gulf kept looking at him, listening quietly. "Do you want to know what would happen if I get pregnant tonight?" He asked with a smile and Gulf chuckled, rolling his eyes. "I would freak out, I would never ever accept it for months but if someone would try to take it away from me, I would kill them."

Gulf looked at him for few seconds, he knew Mew was telling the truth.He nodded softly, understanding it better now.

"But still---I can't imagine you pregnant." He chuckled. "--It's just..---arghh!" He made a disgusted face, shaking his head on the guy's legs and making Mew laugh too.

"You're right." Mew ran his fingers between the boy's messy curls. "But it suits you." His expression got serious all of sudden and Gulf was watching his face to see his meaning, but Mew's eyes were focused on the boy's hair, watching his curls getting between his fingers. "I don't think I'm that strong." He added, causing Gulf to stare at him for a while.

The boy let him caress his hair for a while, then he closed his eyes and turned his head.He rested his cheek on Mew's thighs and turned his face to the man's stomach, practically hiding it to not let Mew see his face.

"I'm really glad that we met." He said, his nose slightly touching Mew's bare stomach and his voice disappearing against his skin.

Mew smiled at that and was about to say something back, but Gulf was faster.

"But it's okay." He continued. "If it's a bad call, I wouldn't mind you to let them handle this.I mean it, Phi." He said and there was a silence for few minutes.

"Really?" Mew asked after a while, puckering his lips and still watching his fingers between the boy's dark curls. "You wouldn't miss me at all?" He asked and watched Gulf revealing his face, with his angry stare.

"I'm being serious, Phi."

"Good for you." Mew looked back at him. "I'm being serious too, you are staying with me and nobody is taking you anywhere.We are a duo, team or whatever you want to call, we come as a set." He said and smiled as he heard Gulf's sigh.

"You really want some trouble, don't you?" Gulf looked at him and Mew chuckled. "It's a girl Phi, you didn't sign up for this."

"What I signed up for doesn't mean anymore." Mew stopped playing with his hair, letting it rest between his curls as he looked at the boy. "You are not a stranger anymore Gulf, I care about you.There is no way for me to let them put needles in you for hours and use you as a rat." He said with a serious tone. "Plus everyone thinks I am the father, so if a girl or boy, I will be the father."

Gulf stayed quiet before sighing dramatically, causing Mew to raise an eyebrows.

"You would be such a terrible father."

"Excuse me?" Mew laughed.

"You get panicked so quickly! I mean--what if she falls off bed? What are you gonna do? Sit down and cry?"

"Why would she fall off the bed?!"

"I don't know, babies fall."

"They don't, if you take good care of them." Mew hit his forehead softly and Gulf chuckled.They were both smiling until Gulf closed his eyes again.

"We are so fucked up, Phi." He mumbled and Mew leaned his head on the couch.

"I know." He mumbled back. "But we are in this together." He added, wrapping his arm on the boy's torso and resting his hand on his shoulder. "So what are you gonna name her?" Mew asked, his eyes were also closed now.

"Oh god...like everything is not enough, I also need to find a name." Gulf said and they both chuckled again. "--we, we also need to find a name." He fixed it, causing Mew to smile softly as the boy adjusted himself and got comfortable on his thigh.They both didn't talk or stood up and leave, they fell a sleep like that after few minutes cause this night they really wanted the other's company.Lately it was like they were each other's secrets, everything they did, every word they said to each other felt private.They shared some kind of connection, they were good at understanding each other and tonight, they both needed to feel that a little bit stronger to be able to get over that day and woke up with a positive mind.

But things didn't go as they planned.

Mew opened his eyes with the pounding on his door, Gulf also getting startled and getting up from his lap.

"What's happening?" Younger one looked at him and they both stared at each other for a while, the banging on the door was not something sweet for sure.They didn't got any guests, not at all.

"Open the door Mew, we need to talk."

Mew sighed deeply after hearing his father's voice.

"He told them." He mumbled, knowing the doctor didn't listen to him and went with his way instead.

"I want to talk, it's not like how imagine it in your head." His dad said and Mew could hear the footsteps.

"Why do you have so many people with you if you just want to talk, dad?" He yelled angrily,knowing his father was trying to get Gulf away since he probably heard about doctor's theories as well.

"You didn't want this, we both know how hard you tried to not go to Area C."His father kept going and Gulf was staring at his back while Mew was busy with staring at door, ruffling his hair again and again like he was trying to find a way out of this but it wasn't going really well.

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm saying--you should let the doctors do their job, it's not a boy so our deal is not valid." His father answered calmly.

"It's still your grandchild!"

"I know!" He yelled back. "And nothing is going to happen to her! Do you think I'm heartless enough to send your child to death just because of experiments?!"

"I can't be sure sometimes!" Mew roared back as he pulled on his hair, not liking this situation.

"You are being sensitive! Nothing is gonna happen!---Doctors are going to their jobs, that's all."

"If that's fucking all---why are you trying to get into my house with an army, dad?!" Mew screamed angrily but he quickly took a step back after hearing the card voice, his father was making them open his apartment door.

"Dad!"

"Yes---it's easier to talk when we don't have a door between us, right?" He smiled after stepping in but Mew was fuming.

"You are not taking him." Mew said in a softer tone as he stepped back until he was in front of Gulf, other men following his dad inside and stopping behind him like dogs, ready to attack anytime he ordered.

"You didn't want this from the start, I'm taking the burden away.You did your part, and this part is--"

"We are friends now! I'm with him for months, dad! He is my nong!" His hand was still facing Gulf when he touched the boy's arm instinctively.

"He can't be your friend, he is not like you." His dad shook his hand on air like it wasn't something important. "Let's just stop this, I don't want to fight with my own son anymore."

"Then you can try to listen to me for once and--" Mew paused when he felt Gulf pushing his arm away.

"It's okay, Phi." Gulf mumbled before taking a step, not hiding behind Mew's back anymore. "We don't have a choice." He said, knowing his father owned this all and if he wanted to take Gulf, he was going to take him.

"See? That's a smart boy there." He pointed at Gulf and chuckled. "It will be so much easier if you just come with us, or else things will get a little bit ugly." He said and it caused Mew to stare at him with disgust.

"Are you actually threatening someone who is carrying your grandchild?" He chuckled angrily, rubbing his face. "That's...---too much, even for you."

"It's okay I will just--" Gulf was about to take another step when Mew grabbed his wrist, really tight.

"I will come with him." He was looking straight at his father. "I'm the father of that child and I have right to see all the progress---all the shit you plan to do to them." He said, his voice sounding really angry like it would feel nice to punch someone right at the moment, his grip also getting tighter on younger's wrist.

"See? That's amazing, we don't have to create a scene." His father smiled, opening his hands. "Let's go." He said, but didn't tell his men to leave, they waited until Mew and Gulf was walking out and Mew knew his father, he would take no risks.He also knew himself, he would actually try to hide Gulf or make a move if there were not so many guys.But he would lose in the end and if his father would take Gulf away with force, he would never tell him where he took the boy.

Mew couldn't risk it either.

They were sitting side by side on the backseat of the car, both of them didn't say anything as they watched the raindrops hitting against the windows.

"It's strange." Gulf mumbled, still looking through the window. "I stayed in Area C for years and...--I never felt this scared." He chuckled, turning at Mew. "What if it's the bad call, Phi?" Ha asked again, looking at Mew with his bambi-like eyes.

"Fon." 

Mew said. "How about Fon?" 

Gulf looked at him for few seconds before turning his face at the window again, seeing the rain getting harder than before.

"Fon." He mumbled, it meant rain and somehow it sounded right. "Fon." He repeated, leaning his head on the back of his seat and watching the raindrops until the car stopped.

They both didn't have a good feeling about this, but they were holding on the fact that they were still together.

"Wait--what?----Hey!" Mew was following them with Gulf when he suddenly found himself in a room and heard the lock. "Are you kidding me?! Dad!"

"I'm sorry but you will get hurt if you see the all progress."

"What do you mean---Dad! What do you mean?!" Mew lost it after realizing the real meaning of his father's words and he was forcing the doorknob, slapping it as he kept yelling. "--He's my friend! Don't hurt him!---You can do things without hurting people!---God damn it!" He kicked the door when he heard them walking away.

"Don't be scared!----Gulf!--I will find you! It will be okay!---Gulf!" He kept yelling while hitting on the door but there was no response.He knew younger was already scared and he also knew Gulf would feel better if he was with him, it caused him to hit on the door harder but there was no way for him to get out of there.

"IT'S MY DAUGHTER! DAD!" His fist kept landing on the door but it was no use.

Gulf smiled as he looked back at the door Mew was still forcing to open, maybe it was time for Mew to stop saving him.He did it for a lot of times and maybe this was the dead end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 106 9
"There is nothing so tragic as thinking someone was so perfect for you, and yet they won't love you back. - Unrequited Love
67.7K 3.3K 18
Gulf's away for a vacation for a month. An unexpected turn of events. but what if...? - This story will be on my twitter too, I initially created t...
Agape. By ×

Fanfiction

63.4K 2.7K 10
"There are three kinds of secrets: 1. Something that you hide at the bottom of your heart because you don't want it to be mentioned. 2. Something tha...
11.5K 596 30
In our next life, if destiny let us meet again and by chance we fall in love once more. I promise that I will love you and protect you with all of my...