Infernal

By HaveFaith101

(ONGOING STORY, updates are once/twice a week) Freedom, that's all she ever wanted. She never expected to fi... More

Introduction to the book
Infernal
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
Plagiarism

9.

818 35 13
By HaveFaith101

The next morning, Alaric was up early and because of that, he woke me up early too.

"Come on, I only have a few hours to spare," he hurried me as I tied the laces of the new vans he gave me.

"Alright, " I said, tying the last shoelaces and I quickly jumped to my feet.

Alaric looked me over and nodded his head. "You look good."

I instantly froze and look down, remembering that I had taken one of his plaid shirts and left it unbuttoned with the sleeves rolled up, whilst wearing a plain white t-shirt underneath with black leggings. The shirt was a bit long on me but I thought it looked alright and if it got too hot outside, I could easily tie it around my waist.

"I'm sorry, I should have asked..." I mumbled referring to his plaid shirt, that was red and black.

"It's fine, it looks better on you," he shrugged.

I flushed at his compliment and looked down at my vans as if they were the most interesting thing on the planet.

"Let's go," Alaric said.

Ten minutes later we were driving out of Regnum. Neither of us had eaten anything but Alaric said we would pick something up on the way to the mall. We didn't make conversation at first, I was too busy staring outside the window, trying to familiarise myself with the outside surroundings. Once we were out of Regnun Alaric turned the radio on, the music played quietly in the background breaking the slightly awkward silence.

Alaric drove smoothly, but at a fast speed; he was in control and it seemed like he knew his way around a car... well he was over six hundred years old, he had probably been driving for over fifty years or so.

"How was the library yesterday?" Alaric asked me, suddenly turning the radio off. I looked up at him, to see him giving me a short glance before turning his eyes back onto the road.

"It was good, thank you," I replied.

"Read or see anything interesting?" his tone seemed like he already knew the answer to that question.

I cleared my throat and looked down at my lap. Artemis must have told him that I had seen the huge portrait.

"Regnum is a great place," I answered, trying to avoid giving him the answer he wanted. I wasn't ready to discuss his age with him. It was only right that he would tell me properly in his own time. Forcing that particular topic of conversation didn't seem like the right thing to talk about in a car journey.

"It is," he agreed. "You know what I'm referring to though."

The portrait...

I suck in a breath and looked back up.

"I prefer you with short hair," I said causing him to smirk at my response.

"Something we agree on."

The rest of the drive was silent, and it took about thirty minutes until we reached a mall.

"It's a human mall but some of my wolves work here," Alaric said, as we got out of the car.

The first place Alaric took me to, was Starbucks. It seemed stupid but I had never been in my life, and whenever I had watched a show on Netflix and a character would have a coffee or a caramel frappuccino from the coffee shop, I would always get jealous. Alaric had ordered himself an Americano and a breakfast roll. When he asked me what I wanted, I couldn't help but smile in excitement. I asked for a caramel frappuccino and just like Alaric, a breakfast roll also. We waited in line with all the other people, I had noticed that the girls in line stared at Alaric; batting their eyelashes and giggling to get his attention. I didn't blame those girls, Alaric was a fine-looking specimen especially since he was dressed smart-casually in dark jeans that hugged his long and toned legs. He had paired the jeans with smart looking shoes and a light grey buttoned-up shirt, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a few of his top buttons were undone. Aside from Alaric getting looks, I also got a few glances. Not because I looked as good as him but because of my damn purple eyes. As soon as someone caught a glimpse of the colour, they stared in a mix of horror and shock.

Alaric soon collected our order and we sat down to eat. I kept my eyes averted down the whole time, worried that someone would look at my eyes and stare. Alaric hadn't seemed to notice the girls staring and giggling around him, but if he did; he didn't show it.

I took a small sip of the iced coffee and caramel drink, and my eyes closed in delight. How had I not had anything like this in my whole life? I opened my eyes to see Alaric staring at me, he didn't look at me like I was completely insane. His look was one that showed pity, and regret. I didn't want him to feel sorry for me, it only reminded me of how I was treated by my father. Alaric didn't say a word, it was as if he had an inkling that it would only make me feel worse.

After we ate, Alaric led me around the mall, taking me to different retail shops. He literally bought whatever I touched and he even didn't make a fuss when I asked if I could try on a few items. He had just waited patiently for me, and when I returned out of the different changing rooms in the different stores, he would either be typing on his phone, talking to someone on the phone or just standing there like an alert security guard. Many women glanced at him, trying to get his attention but he just ignored every single one. Each time that I said I had enough items, Alaric dismissed it and took me to another store. I felt slightly uneasy about him having to pay for everything, but he didn't seem to care. Alaric just swiped his card as if it was nothing as if money grew on trees for him.

"I think I've got enough stuff now," I said to Alaric as we walked around the mall. Alaric carried my bags in one hand and his other hand was entwined with mine. He had grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers so suddenly, that when I looked up at him, it was like he hadn't noticed he had done the gesture.

"You sure?" he asked, looking down at me.

Nodding my head, I looked at the bags. "I'm sure, I've got plenty."

Alaric had bought me so many different outfits, ranging from skirts and dresses to skinny jeans and a few denim shorts. He had also paid for countless t-shirts and jumpers and many pairs of underwear, I did feel a bit embarrassed by that when the sales lady was scanning the items but there wasn't much to be said about the need for underwear and bras.

"Alright, we'll head back then," Alaric said as we continued to walk.

We passed a few more shops, but one shop, in particular, caught my eye. In the display window, a mannequin model was dressed in a denim black high waisted skirt, with a silky purple spaghetti-strapped top, that was slightly revealing. The skirt had some slight rips in it, as well as textured pockets, it came to about mid-thigh.  I stopped in mid-track, as we came face to face with the mannequin, the outfit stood out to me. To any other girl, it was a simple outfit, but to me, it was something different and something new. I was never allowed to wear things, dresses or skirts always had to meet my knees. My shirts always had to cover up my shoulders or in the winter I had to always wear a long sleeve. The dress that Alpha Richards had got for me was the first time I had worn something so daring. The difference between Alpha Richards' dress and these clothes on the mannequin was that I had seen this outfit for myself, and I really wanted it.

Alaric had stopped walking when I stopped, he didn't say anything as I admired the outfit, he waited patiently. I let go of his hand and slowly walked up to the glass window, looking up at the mannequin wearing the outfit I really liked. I must have looked like a complete idiot, what sane girl even did a thing like that?

"If you like it, we'll go in so you can try it," Alaric's deep voice filled my eardrums. I turned around slowly and shook my head.

"No, it's fine... You've already paid for so much-"

"-Valerie, get your backside in the store and find the outfit," Alaric said calmly, adjusting the many bags into both of his hands.

"Are you sure?" I asked, fiddling with the hem of his plaid shirt.

"Yes, now go remember I'm on a tight schedule today," he said, but there was something that told me that he didn't have a schedule; after all, we had been shopping for at least three hours. It just seemed like Alaric was saying that to make it seem like he was busy today.

We walked side by side into the huge store, and immediately he followed me as I went to go and find the outfit. Thankfully the skirt and top were both in my size, and I noticed that they were the last ones there.

Alaric escorted me to the fitting rooms and like always he waited outside.

"I'll be right here, I need to call Elijah so just come out when you're ready," he said, placing the shopping bags down at his feet. He leaned against a wall and gave me a small smile.

"Okay, I'll be quick," I promised walking towards the fitting room clerk and showing her my items. She gave me a large metal shaped tag that had the number 4 on it and directed me to changing room number four.

Once I was in the changing room, I closed the curtain and hanged the outfit up on a hook. The room slightly smaller than all the other changing rooms I had been in, and what was strange that this room had curtains instead of doors like the other rooms. I shrugged off my thoughts and stripped out of my clothes and put the new outfit on.

The denim black skirt fitted me nicely, it wasn't too big or too tight. The rips weren't so bad, as it was just ripped enough to give the skirt some more texture and definition. The silky purple spaghetti-strapped top, felt a big baggy as it was hanging over the skirt. Something wasn't quite right with the top but then I remembered that the mannequin had it tucked into the skirt. Quickly, I adjusted the fitting of the top; tucking it and refitting the straps. I stepped back and looked directly into the mirror, feeling excited to take in the new outfit on me.

I froze in midtrack, my bones running cold. Behind me stood the palest man I had ever seen. He smirked at me and was behind me in seconds.

"Well don't you look sexy," he said. I shrieked and soon I felt his cold hand slap onto my mouth, whilst his other hand gripped my throat tightly.

"Damn, you reek of that infernal monster!" he hissed.

In the reflection of the mirror my eyes met pitch-black eyes, with bright red lines on the pupils, his skin was pasty white with a greyish undertone to his complexion. His jet black hair was long down to his shoulders, looking a little greasy and was thinning in some areas.

The man locked his eyes onto mine, and I could see him smirk in the reflection of us. Tears started to spill as he squeezed my throat even tighter, his hand was clamped down on to my mouth and a part of my nose, stopping me from breathing. I wanted to cough and choke but I couldn't, my neck ached from his painful iron grip, as he restrained my body into his. His body was freezing cold and felt hard like metal, I instantly knew what species this man was.

"So, he has a mate after all these centuries. I wonder what he'll do if I snap your neck right here and right now?" The man sneered into my ear. Where the hell was Alaric, couldn't he hear or even smell what was happening.

I started to struggle against him, screaming into his hand, begging him to let me breathe.

"Such a shame, you are a beauty-"

A menacing growl cut the man off, and he turned us around as the curtain of the changing room was ripped open. Alaric charged towards us; grabbing me and pushing me down to the floor. I spluttered out, coughing trying to get as much oxygen back into my body as possible. Tears streamed down my face, as my hands reached up to my neck trying to soothe the burning pain away. I looked up for a split second and saw Alaric holding tightly onto the man as if he could break him in half at any point. Alaric's right hand push into the other man's chest, he pulled back swiftly revealing a bloody black heart. I couldn't scream, I couldn't shriek at the horror I had just witnessed.

The man who strangled me, dropped to the ground limply, blood oozing out of the huge hole in his chest.

Alaric turned towards me, the black heart was still gripped in his hand tightly and I watched as his hand enclosed and with little strength he crushed the heart. Blood leaked from his hand down onto the carpet in the changing room.

Alaric's eyes met mine, and I gasped in horror. His eyes were blood red, with thick purple veins showing through his skin around his eyes. His canines were extended and his body was heaving in livid anger.

"They're fucking back," he snarled...

****

Does anyone feel sorry for Valerie getting strangled? Thankfully, Alaric was there to save the day!

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please VOTE and COMMENT! :D

Until the next chapter...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 678 19
After being forced into following her mother's footsteps and mate the alpha because her parent's were brutally murdered, Jennifer finds a way to rega...
4.4M 60K 28
Meet the best Alpha ever, Lance Stryder. Are you tired of werewolf stories where the Alpha yells out "MINE" and practically kidnaps the main charact...
606 44 19
<> BOOK ONE of The Forbidden Series <> The Night Fury and Lunar Eclipse packs have battled over territory for centuries. Chloe Gillman is the little...
6.1K 481 21
Alexa an auburn-haired female alpha is fighting fang and claw to survive after splitting up with her sister, fighting rouges left and right. She come...