Finally Falling

By moistquitoes

"I dare you." Sam laughs. "You wouldn't do it." Callen joins in. "Want to bet?" Kensi lifts an eyebrow. "A hu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 2

1.5K 51 2
By moistquitoes

I'm a horrible person.

LOL

THANK YOU FOR LIKING MY STORIES I LOVE YOU SM!

Enjoy!

-:-

The next day, Deeks drove himself to work with no emotion. He was bummed about being Kensi's dare date, as he called it, but mostly about being so stupid as to leave her stranded. 

As soon as he walks through the doors in OSP, he hears Kensi speaking in a soft voice, "Just keep it. I was stupid enough to accept the bet."

"Why?" Sam asks in disbelief, "Didn't you two go out?"

"I just don't," She pauses for a moment. "I don't think loosing him was worth the money."

Still pissed, Deeks walks in the bullpen, and throws his bag onto his desk chair with force and a clenched jaw, and silently walked into the gym, not even so much as a glance in Kensi's direction. He walked to the lockers in the gym, the one with his name pathetically on it, and grabbed some clothes. He changed and quickly started to take his frustrations on the punching bag.

"Jeez.. What has that punching bag done to deserve such.. passive treatment?" Nell walks into the gym.

Deeks looks at her, trying to flash at least a ghost of a smile, but fails miserably.

"You okay, Shaggy?"

What happens next surprises them both.

Marty Deeks's eyes water.

Deeks slides down the wall behind them, and covers his face with his hands, "Nope, no, I don't think I am, Nell."

"Oh God.." She sighs, and soon enough, she begins hearng sobs coming from him. He's trembling.

"What's wrong, you can talk to me.." Nell rubs his back awkwardly, not knowing how to comfort a man that is usually a rock.

"You probably know.. we're a small group," He sniffles, "Things must get around fast,"

"The bet?" Nell sighs.

"Yep.."

"And you're avoiding her, aren't you?"

"That's the main reason I'm like this. I don't want to do this, but it was like I was a booty call or something."

"Deeks, she wouldn't've taken the dare if you didn't mean anything to her... I mean, it's pretty obvious she loves you deeply.."

"Hmm, yeah, right..." Deeks shakes his head, getting up, offering his hand out to Nell, "So we have a case?"

Nell takes his hand, "Subject change, I'll go with it... Yeah, and I don't think you'll like the undercover assignment very much, but I know you will put everything between you and Kensi asside for the greater good of the team."

"Damn it."

-:-

"Liutenant Jay Ryder died this morning at Parkview Hotel, in downtown LA." Eric flashes a picture of Lt. Ryder on the screen, "He was reportedly staying with his wife, sixteen year old, and best friend for the weekend. It was a drink spike or something."

"What's the status on the kids?" Callen asks.

"Oh, the kids are fine. They weren't touched." Nells says, and flashes pictures of the Lt's son and friend.

"The other fishy thing here is that he hasn't been the only Liutenant to die this week," Nell puts up the pictures of other Lts that have died, "Liutenant Adam, Priur, Fischer, and Ortiz have died as well." She also showed videos of them collapsing after drinking something.

Nell looks at Deeks in pity, "Kensi and Deeks will have to go under as a dating couple.."

Deeks, not having said anything to Nell when they spoke, he clenches his fists, "Can't Callen do it? I mean their chemistry is on point, so much better than mine and Kensi's."

Kensi's face registered even more hurt and embarrassment if that was even possible, and before she could respond, Callen, knowing he had much to do with the current issue, says, "No, that's not necessary, you guys do so well in these ops."

"Evidently," Deeks gestures between he and Kensi, keeping his eyes locked on Callen, "It's not going to be the same outcome, so I suggest-"

"You suggest, what exactly, Mister Deeks?" 

"Oh, nothing Hetty, just that we should go in as newlyweds instead of the typical boyfriend/girlfreind dynamic. Don't you think, Kensalina?" Deeks says entusiastically.

Kensi, who has not said a word all morning, only nods, astonished by Deeks's ability to act as if nothing was happening just seconds earlier.

"That's a wonderful idea, actually, Mister Deeks! Come, let's get your rings, and your clothes packed." Hetty says turning on her heel, and walking to wardrobe.

On the other hand, Kensi Marie Blye, in maybe the first time, is speechless. Silently looking at the ground, bitting down on her lip, and absent-mindly playing with the hem of her shirt, hearing the cracking of her newly broken heart. Broken by the man she loved.

Loves.

She's in love with him, no going back.

-:-

The covers were given out, and as soon as they were dismissed, Deeks was the first one to speed out of ops. He went down to wardrobe, and had Hetty pack his and Kensi's things for the few days at the hotel.

"A word, Mister Deeks?"

"Yes, Hetty?" 

"Is there anything I should know that is going on with you and Miss Blye at the moment? I wouldn't want any bumps in the road for this op."

"Everything is fine, Hetty." Deeks lies.

Hetty nods slowly, "Good," She opens on of the drawers in her desk, and takes out a pair of familiar wedding bands, "As you know, you must have these with you at all times, safe guarded by your fingers."

"Thanks, Hetty." 

Deeks approaches Kensi for the first time in the morning, "Your ring," He says bitterly.

"Uh, thanks." Kensi says inaudibly. Deeks starts walkng away, but she grabs his arm for a moment, "Do you wan to carpool, I have more space in my car for suitcases?" 

"I don't, uh, I don't think I do, Agent Blye." Deeks says sourly, and turning his back before he did something stupid, like hug her.

Sam, Callen, Kensi, and Deeks were all in ther cars, ready to go, and as Sam and Callen rode off, they couldn't help but think of Kensi and Deeks.

"I feel for Deeks, man." Callen sighs.

"Me too, but Kensi's got it hard, too." Sam agrees.

"And we're the ones resposible for all of it."

"Did you just say we? I'm pretty sure you were the one that said "I bet Kensi won't ask Deeks out." Same chuckles.

"Fine, it was me, but you went along... still, we have to do something.." Callen admits.

"We can't interfere, it's a learning experience, trust me on this one. Love defies all, doesn't it?"

-:-

At the front desk, waiting for the room key, Deeks was being checked out by the lady behind the desk, and she was obnouxiously pushing out her chest.

Kensi didn't like it one bit, "Excuse me, I'd very much appreciate if you'd stop flirting with my husband, and put that poor excuse for a bust where it belongs. Thank you."

Deeks had to bite his lip to keep himself from laughing.

"I-I, my goodness, I had no idea." The lady quickly types a few more things into the computer before handing them their room key.

"Was that really necessary, Kensi." Deeks snaps once they walk into their honeymoon suite

Kensi takes a deep breath, and finally looses it, throwing her luggage across the room, "I'm playing the damn part, Deeks."

"Right, I almost forgot, we're undercover, I'm sorry, my love." Deeks says, sarcasm dripping off his tongue.

"Oh Connor, I really do hope that couch is comfortable tonight!" Kensi throws him one of the pillows on the big, heart-shapped bed next to her.

"Well, yes emily it is, it's convertable! It's a sofa-bed, HA!" Deeks says.

"Enjoy it then!"

"Ohohooo, I will, w i f e y!" Deeks says, putting emphasis on wifey, since he knows it pisses her off.

"It's going to be a wonderful week, babe!" She slams the door to the bedroom of the room.

A great week.

One great week, indeed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

795K 29.4K 97
𝐀 π’πŒπ€π‹π‹ 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓: you are going to die. does this worry you? βͺ tua s1 ⎯⎯⎯ 4 ❫ Β© π™΅π™Έπš…π™΄π™·πš‡πšπ™Άπšπ™΄π™΄πš…π™΄πš‚...
53.9M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
91.9M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
7.3M 305K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...