TONGUE TIED ↠ JJ MAYBANK

بواسطة alixbaby

Rose-Ann "Rosie" Mae Connolly is freshly emancipated and finally returning to her home in the OBX after 3 mon... المزيد

CAST
PLAYLIST
The One with the Contaminated Beer Bottle
The One with the Cheeto Puffs
The One with the Slumber Party
The One with the Gun
The One with the Kegger Gone Wrong
The One with the Blueberry Pop Tart
The One with the Compass
The One with the Almost
The One with John B's Bad Driving
The One with the Deal
The One with the Deputy
The One with the Red Dress
The One with John B's Tumble
The One with the Mila Kunis Movie
The One with Vienna

the one with the release

3.4K 107 158
بواسطة alixbaby

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this! Keep calm, carry on, back to OBX life."

Rosie walked alongside Kiara towards the scattered crowd of people all seated in front of a large movie screen. She nodded along to her friend while Pope and JJ trailed a few paces behind. John B had been MIA since they failed to find the gold in the Royal Merchant earlier that day, but Rosie just figured he'd want some time alone.

Kie had gathered the rest of the group to attend the OBX Summer Movie Series. Rosie wasn't hard to convince. She agreed with her friend-- they needed some normalcy in their lives with recent events. Pope and JJ on the other hand, were reluctant. Pope had been very on edge in the past couple of days, and it was obvious the two boys knew something that the others didn't.

"You know?" Kie broke Rosie's train of thought, "Aren't you guys glad we made you come?"

Rosie grinned and turned to the boys behind her, who looked less than thrilled.

"Ecstatic," Pope deadpanned.

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest," JJ grumbled alongside his friend.

The group stopped at a good spot to set up their blanket. Rosie set to work laying it out while Kie walked off to buy some drinks.

"We're out of the green zone, man," Pope spoke lowly to JJ.

"Dude, tranquillo, okay?"

Rosie furrowed her brows. She stopped laying out the blanket and looked up at the two boys. She faced their backs, so they must not have realized she hadn't left with Kie.

"We're in the middle of Kooklandia, this is the last place I wanted to be."

JJ turned around to lock eyes with Rosie. His widened immediately.

"Shut up," JJ grit at his panicking friend, but it was too late. Rosie had already heard.

"Okay, what's going on? You two are hiding something" the girl stood up and crossed her arms.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum looked at each other nervously but didn't say anything.

"Well?" she tapped her foot, growing impatient, "Spit it out!"

"Nothing, we just-" JJ started, but was cut off by Pope.

"We're guilty! Okay? We're guilty and I'm gonna lose my scholarship and the Kook's are gonna kick my ass and--"

"Hold up," Rosie tried to silence Pope who had cracked under pressure. She sat down on the blanket and the two boys followed. "Guilty of what? What did you do?"

Rosie shot a pointed glare at JJ who rolled his eyes.

"What happened to deny, deny, deny," the blond mumbled, hitting Pope upside his head.

"If you two don't spit it out right now-"

"Rafe and Topper jumped him, okay?" JJ spoke aggressive whisper, pointing at Pope. "So we got them back. They had it coming."

"Had what coming?" Rosie hissed.

"We sunk their boat," Pope blurted, earning an elbow in the gut from JJ.

Rosie's jaw dropped, "You did what? Do you two have any idea how dumb that is? If they find out it was you two-"

"They already know!" Pope cried. Rosie and JJ hushed him. The last thing they wanted to do was draw attention.

Before Rosie could question them further, Kie came walking back with three Pepsi's in hand, "I just saw Rafe and he said, and I quote, tell your boy that we know what he did."

Rosie's eyes widened, but she remained silent. Pope looked frantically around the area, and JJ attempted to remain calm.

"Where is he?" the blond coughed.

"Right there," Kie nodded behind them.

Pope whipped around in his seat earning a nudge from Rosie. He couldn't have been more obvious. Rosie and JJ also turned to look where, sure enough, Rafe, Topper, Kelce, and a few other Kooks stood.

"Great! The whole death squad," Pope cried. JJ forced his head back around.

"Just warning you bro if they corner me, I'm come out swingin', okay? Slice and dicin'," the blond mimicked punching.

Kie had caught on that they were hiding something. She looked at Rosie with questioning eyes. The shorter girl sighed and shook her head as if to say, you don't wanna know.

"If that doesn't work," JJ continued, "I got this right here," he held up his back and metal clanked inside, signaling he had brought the gun.

Rosie opened her mouth to scold him, but Kie beat her to it.

"I'm sorry, JJ, please tell me you did not bring a gun here. JJ, there are kids!"

"Kie, I didn't bring the gun. Everything's fine, okay?" the blond put on a very unconvincing act.

She glared at him, "Wow! Thank you. That's really convincing. I love that, JJ."

The other three shifted awkwardly.

"No secrets among Pogues. What is Rafe talking about?" Kie's glare hardened.

Pope grabbed her shoulder and pulled her close, "Kie, it might go down tonight."

"What does that mean? What did y'all do?"

JJ mumbled under his breath, "Deny, deny, deny."

"Their dumbasses sunk Topper's boat," Rosie rolled her eyes, sick of the boys' stalling.

JJ and Pope shot up to glare at her, but she glared right back. "What?" she shrugged, "I'm just relaying what you spilled."

Pope began to argue but was stopped by Kiara.

"Can we all just shut up? We came here to watch a movie, not to indulge in any more drama. We just need a normal night," she groaned, slumping back in her chair

The other three nodded and got themselves comfortable, but Pope was still ridden with nerves. Rosie pulled her legs up and shrunk into her chair. She and Kiara silently passed a bag of popcorn back and forth as the movie started. JJ and Pope sipped on their Pepsis, Pope occasionally glancing back and JJ with his foot protectively over his bag. They sat like this as the movie played and the sunset. Rosie tried to indulge herself in the black and white movie, but frankly, she found it rather boring.

About an hour into the movie, Rosie could hear JJ and Pope rustling beside her. She tried to ignore them, but they only continued. She turned her head to the side to see them stand up out of their seats and begin to stalk off.

"Where are you going?" Rosie hissed.

JJ looked at her as if she was stupid, "We gotta wring it out!"

Rosie narrowed her eyes, "What, you gonna hold it for each other?"

The two boys ignored her and ran off through the crowd, ducking down so they wouldn't be seen. She looked to her left at Kie who had ignored the ruckus and was still focused on the movie. Rosie watched the two boys until they disappeared behind a tree. It suddenly dawned on her. The Kooks were blocking the bathroom.

Rosie turned around in her seat to glance at Rafe and his buffoons, but their seats were empty. She looked frantically around the scene until she finally spotted them walking towards the screen on either side; they were going to corner JJ and Pope.

"Kie, we need to help Pope and JJ, they're getting cornered by the Kooks," Rosie frantically slapped her friend.

"Doesn't JJ have his peacemaker," the taller girl spit in annoyance.

Rosie looked down at the bag he'd left behind.

"No, dumbass forgot it. Come on! I'll take right, you take left."

This seemed to catch Kie's attention. The two girls swiftly shot up from their seats and weaved through the crowd. As Rosie approached the area, she could hear grunting and yelling. She broke into a sprint. Rosie caught sight of Kie approaching from the other side. As the two girls turned the corner, they took in the scene before them.

Pope was on the ground fighting off Topper near Kiara. Kie's expression morphed into one of horror as she ran forward to yell at Topper.

Rosie was seething. Her blood boiled at the sight before her. Kelce was holding JJ back while Rafe beat him, punch after punch, to a pulp.

"2 on 1, real fuckin' classy, huh Rafe?"

Rosie caught the boy off guard. He looked up at her just as she swung her arm back and punched him as hard as she could.

She felt a crack underneath her fist. The Kook stumbled back, holding his nose in shock. But the look of surprise quickly morphed into something much more menacing.

"You fuckin' bitch," Rafe spit.

"Rosie, run!" JJ groaned, trying to shake out of Kelce's grip.

She didn't listen to the blond. Instead, she swung her arm back to hit Rafe again, only for him to catch her fist with one hand. Rosie realized what was about to happen, but it was too late. Rafe swung his fist at her with full force.

The pain hit her like a truck. She stumbled back, and before she could fight back, he hit her with another. The force of his punches sent her flying onto the ground. Rosie clutched her eye. Her body screamed for her to stay down, but she ignored it. Rosie tried to pull herself back up, only for Rafe to kick her in the gut. Another wave of pain. She rolled onto her back with a groan. She squinted her good eye open to look at JJ who was screaming at Rafe.

"Don't fuckin' touch her!"

Kelce's grip had loosened in shock of his friend beating a girl. JJ used this to his advantage and wriggled out of his arms. The blond lunged at Rafe, hitting him as hard as he could. Kelce quickly regained his grip on JJ.

Rosie forced both her eyes open, but immediately squinted the right one closed at the liquid coming down her face. She rubbed it clear, and held her hand out to see it was covered in blood. Rosie forced herself back up, ignoring the stabbing pain above her eye. She reoriented herself to see that JJ was struggling against Kelce and Rafe was about to hit him again. Before Rosie could lunge at him, something else diverted everyone's attention.

A fire was rapidly spreading across the movie screen. Rafe, Topper, and Kelce dropped their victims and ran from the scene.

"Shit, Pope!"

Kiara sprinted back over to Pope, Rosie, and JJ. She hauled Pope up, whom Topper had been choking.

"Oh my god, Rosie!" the taller girl turned to her shorter friend.

Kie ran over to Rosie to hold her but was shoved off.

"I'm fine," Rosie insisted.

Kie nodded and rushed back over to Pope to support him as they walked off, assuming JJ and Rosie would follow.

Rosie took a step forward but immediately stumbled. A pair of arms wrapped around her to steady her, but she shoved them off.

"I'm fine!" Rosie snapped, meeting JJ's glare.

"Clearly not!" he shouted back, gesturing to her beaten state.

"Good thing it's not your problem to worry about, then," she growled.

"You makeyourself my problem!" the blond yelled. Fury laced his darkening eyes.

Rosie ignored him and began to walk in the direction Kie and Pope had left, but was stopped.

"Don't pretend like you can't hear me!" JJ seethed.

"I'll do as I fucking please," she hissed and continued walking.

He chased after her, "So you'll get in fist fights just for the hell of it? Don't be fucking stupid, Rosie!"

"Funny coming from you," Rosie scoffed. The blood boiling in her veins was getting hotter by the second. She continued her swift pace, not looking at him.

He spoke in an eerily low voice, "That was Pope's fight. That was my fight. Not yours. You shouldn't have gotten involved."

"I was saving your sorry ass!" Rosie shrieked, walking faster.

"And that worked out so well," JJ scoffed.

His face was becoming redder than the blood covering it. In all their years of fighting, JJ had never been angrier at her. He roughly grabbed Rosie's arm and yanked her back, forcing her to turn around and face him.

"Haven't you noticed that every time you try to help me you're the one who ends up hurt?! And then I'm the one who has to help you, all because you have this—this savior complex!" JJ fumed.

Something inside Rosie snapped.

"Then stop helping me! I don't need your help, JJ! If I get hurt just leave me alone! I don't need you, I never asked you, so just Fuck. Off."

She began to storm away, but was immediately turned back around.

Rosie and JJ stood like this for a second. Her wild eyes bore through his. His hand clasped around her wrist like a lock and key. Their chests heaved and they exhaled off-beat. The blood painted across both their faces came together like a work of art. Because that's what Rosie and JJ were. A masterpiece.

In one swift motion, JJ pulled Rosie flush against him and crashed his lips onto hers.

Fireworks didn't go off. But the fire burned bright behind them.

Rosie's eyes shot open in shock. Her arms hung stiff by her side. His travelled up to hold her face. She tried to resist, but instinct was stronger. And this time, Rosie gave in to her desire. Just as JJ pulled away, sensing her stiffness, she pulled him right back. The metallic taste of blood danced across her lips, but it only fueled her on. Her arms snaked around his neck, and JJ's gripped her waist. She ran her fingers through his messy locks, tugging just hard enough to remind him she was still pissed. His fingers dug harshly into her skin. Not enough to hurt her, but enough to return the favor.

It was a kiss full of anger, confusion, and the unbearable tension that had been building up for so long. And the release was so sweet. For once, Rosie and JJ letfeelingtake over. It was so easy. So unfamiliar, but so right. And as Rosie's lips moved against JJ's, she realized it was a high she never wanted to come down from.

JJ reluctantly broke away and rested his forehead against hers. They stood there, nose to nose, chest to chest, neither wanting to be the one to pull away.

"Let me help you," JJ breathed. Rosie could smell Pepsi and mint in his breath.

"Only if you let me help you," she whispered back, her voice buttery like the popcorn she'd eaten earlier.

JJ squinted his eyes shut and forced himself away from her. Rosie's gut told her to pull him back, but she knew they couldn't stand there forever.

Instead, they walked slowly, shoulder to shoulder, back to their spot on the lawn. Their anger had subsided, and Rosie was dizzy from everything that had just happened. They collected their things, her blanket and his bag, and set off towards the parking lot. Kie and Pope must've left by now, but luckily Rosie had brought her car.

The pair loaded the Mini-Cooper quietly. They sat in a comfortable silence as Rosie drove to her house. Nothing needed to be said. Not in that moment, at least. Both of their minds were still reeling from the kiss, and they needed some time to process it.

The drive back home was too short for Rosie.

Before she knew it, she'd cut the engine and was unbuckling her seatbelt. JJ led the way into the small house and headed straight for the bathroom. Rosie followed a few paces behind. The bright light of the small room shone, giving them a clearer view of the injuries they'd acquired. Rosie frowned up at JJ, whose cuts and bruises were worse than she'd imagined.

She gasped as she caught her reflection in the mirror. A bruise was rapidly forming around her right eye, and there was a nasty cut above her eyebrow. The blood had smeared across the right side of her face and dried, leaving her with a rather horrific appearance.

"Jump up," JJ instructed, giving her a boost with his hands around her waist. She seated herself on the edge of the counter.

She watched silently as JJ wet a washcloth and brought it up to her face. The warm fabric felt nice against her skin as he softly wiped away the blood. Rosie stared into his eyes, which were back to their normal shade of blue, as he worked. He rubbed some sort of disinfectant on her cut and placed a large band-aid over it. JJ cautiously grasped the end of Rosie's shirt, silently asking for permission. She nodded and he lifted it just enough to see the large bruise forming on her ribs.

"Do you have any ice?" he mumbled as he examined her purple and blue skin.

"Machine's broken."

He nodded and pulled her shirt back down. Rosie hopped off the counter and raised her eyebrows expectantly at JJ. With a sigh, he took her place next to the sink. Rosie frowned as she took in the damage done to his face more clearly. He had a matching black eye along with a nasty cut on his lip, and various smaller ones littered around his face. She mimicked JJ's movements from earlier. She wet another washcloth and cleared away the blood and dirt. Rosie took her time doing this. She worked meticulously, not wanting to miss a spot.

Rosie applied some disinfectant on the cut right above his lip. She reached her hand up and slowly rubbed it in with her thumb. Her hand lingered on JJ's face, and she let her thumb trace his lips. Her fingertips moved along his jaw, taking in all the ridges and imperfections. She touched him softly; as if he would break if she pushed too hard. JJ watched with curious eyes.

He reached his hand up and clasped it over Rosie's, which was resting on the side of his face. She moved her eyes to meet his, and the same magnetic feeling from earlier urged her forwards. Rosie slowly leaned closer and pressed her nose against his. She waited there, too scared to move any further.

JJ bridged the gap, and his lips were on hers for the second time that night. This time was much different than the first. It was softer, slower, and Rosie took her time taking it all in. His lips were slightly chapped as they rubbed against hers, but it was a nice contrast to her own smooth ones. She'd smelt the mint in his breath earlier, but now she could taste it. JJ brought his right hand to caress the back of Rosie's neck up to her ear, while the other rested on the small of her back protectively. She felt herself melt into him even further. But just as her muscles relaxed, they tensed again.

Rosie pulled away with a sharp inhale. They locked eyes, inches away from each other.

"What are we doing?" she whispered.

JJ stared back. Rosie could tell a million thoughts were running through his mind.

"Going to bed."

Ignore the impending conversation, it is.

He hopped off the counter and tossed the bloody towels into the hamper. The pair moved silently towards Rosie's bedroom. She rummaged through her drawers for a clean shirt to sleep in, as well as something for JJ. She grabbed a pair of sweatpants too large for her and tossed it to the blond boy. He caught it in the air and stripped off his dirty shirt and shorts. Rosie grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a tank for herself. She padded towards the bathroom to change.

When Rosie returned to the room, JJ had already gotten underneath the covers. The moonlight flooding into the room reflected off of his bare chest. He laid on the edge of the bed, leaving almost all of it for Rosie. Neither uttered a word as she climbed onto the bed and settled herself underneath the covers beside him. After a few more moments of silence, Rosie sighed and turned to face JJ.

"You were right, you know."

The blond furrowed his brows, "About what?"

"The other night. When you said that we're more similar than we think. You told me that I'm too impulsive for my own good," she spoke in a low voice.

"I wasn't sure if you remembered any of that," he mumbled, turning his head to look at her.

Rosie inched forward, "How could I forget?"

"You were wrong about something else though," she continued.

"'M? What's that?"

Rosie waited a beat before answering, "You're not a lost cause."

His blue eyes bore through hers. They were riddled with an emotion Rosie couldn't decipher. He tried to formulate a response, but it wasn't necessary.

Rosie scooted closer to JJ and rest her head on his chest. He tensed at first before instinctively wrapping his arms around her. The pair released a sigh of relief as they gave in to the burning itch to hold each other.

Rosie would be lying if she said that she wasn't worried about what all of this meant; that she wasn't scared about what the next day would bring. But, for once in her life, she embraced the uncertainty with open arms. She let herself melt into him. And she let him lull her to sleep with the steady rise and fall of his chest.

JJ and Rosie were both scared shitless. But they'd finally collided, and there was no going back now.

Sweet release.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

69.8K 2.9K 16
-𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ᵏⁱᵃʳᵃ ᶜᵃʳʳᵉʳᵃ '𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄 𝙬𝙤𝙣'...
640K 8.4K 37
The Pogues live a life of adventure. Kiara is famously the only girl of the group, but she wasn't the first. Juliet Sanders is back in the Outer Ban...
Astrophile بواسطة cat

قصص الهواة

14 0 4
Olivia Madden is back to the Outer Banks after a year in college, this summer promised to be unforgettable and it will not disappoint. Between catchi...
69.8K 930 39
𝘼 𝘽𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙆 𝙐𝙋 is never the best way to begin summer holidays, but maybe Lauren and her new Pogue friends weren't ready for what was coming...