CLOUD ENVY - S. Nara

By 1234internet

The ninja world is a cruel and unforgiving place. Especially for one Amaya Ishikawa No parents. No family. Ju... More

It began with a flame
Coming to a standstill
Enter! Amaya Ishikawa!
Graduation and friends
Teams.
Unforgettable lesson
A mission to the land of waves
The demon of the mist
Tazunas home
A Good Day To Do Nothing
The battle on the bridge
In Love?
Dinner With The Nara's
The freaking Chunin Exams
Meeting the competition
A/N
Hollywood
Old foes
Snakes are gross
Snakes are gross pt. 2
Fake Medical Degree
Easy
Psycho
Yucky
Tea
Overstaying your welome isnt always bad.
Pre-Gaming
Two Hours to Midnight
When the Levee Breaks

Awake

1.6K 67 33
By 1234internet

My eyes crack open slowly and hesitantly,

It's way to freaking bright in here...

I always thought about hospital rooms that way. I mean, your hurt, you finally wake up and your met with a white bright room.

It's a wonder people don't think their in Heaven more often in this place.

I assumed I wouldn't be though... I don't think I've earned the right to go there.

So I guess it's a hospital room then.

My eyes shift slightly and look around. My mouth was dry and it smelled like hand sanitizer.

My body tenses though when I see a figure in the chair next to my bed.

I've gotta move...

"Hm," I groan forcing myself to sit up.

But I didn't get very far feeling two hands push me back down on the bed.

"Don't even think about it,"

Looking up at the familiar face I give him a weak smile. My eyes weren't even completely open because the light hurt my head to much.

"Thank god... for a while there I though your ugly mug was gonna be the last face I saw,"

Kakashi let out a chuckle.

"Ugly huh? You look like hell you shouldn't be talking,"

I let out a laugh but only wince in pain.

My whole body hurt and ached.

So this is what happens when you open the seal...

"Yeah I feel like hell,"

"Here," he mumbled helping me sit up propping a pillow behind my back.

Getting a better view of the room I look around. The room was more of less plain and the window was side open. It seemed to be early morning. On the table next to my bed sat some purple flowers.

"Who are those from," I cringe looking at them.

"Not sure, they were already here when I arrived." He sighed.

"And when was that," I look at him now meeting his eyes.

"Last night,"

My eyes widen as the realization hit me.

"How long was I out for!" I gasp.

"The exam, what happened!"

He blinked at me for a moment before giving me a comforting smile. 

"You woke up just in time"

I let out a deep sigh.

"There are some people here who would like to see you by the way," He says with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

I nod hesitantly but as he turns to open the door I grab his wrist.

He looked back at me with furrowed brows.

"Kakashi.... thank you,"

He gave me a closed I smile turning and ruffling my hair.

"Aren't you supposed to call me sensei," he hummed.

"Yeah sure maybe if you taught me something I'd call you that," I smirk crossing my arms.

"You've got a point," he chuckles turning once again opening the door.

He goes to open the door but pauses.

"You ready?"

There was a moment of silence.

"As ill ever be..."

As the door swung open the first thing I was met with was a familiar trio.

They didn't say much, they just filed into the room and looked at me for a moment.

But the silence didn't last long as I was tackled by blondie and pinkie.

"Amaya!!! I'm so sorry thank god your alive I thought you were dead I really thought that man killed you!" Sakura cried into my shoulder.

All while on my right Naruto cried like a baby.

"Amaya what the hell I woke up and you were gone!" He yelled with puffy eyes.

I chuckled weakly and hug them back.

"You two are so dramatic I had it handled," I give them a confident smile.

Naruto pulled back wiping gif face quickly giving me his signature grin.

"Yeah you kicked his ass right!?"

"You bet," I smile. 

I'm so happy I could cry...

They begin to talk my ear off about what happened the remainder of the exam, which they had only finished about half an hour ago. Apparently right when it ended they came looking for me.

"Wow Sakura I'm really proud of you," I hum ruffling her hair. Her eyes sparkled with an emotion I couldn't quite place though it seemed good.

"You know," I start turning to the two boys in our group.

"You should be thanking her. She's the only reason you dumbasses are still breathing," I say getting a bit pissed off crossing my arms.

"Yeah! Thanks Sakura," Naruto yells.

I then look to Sasuke, whom hadn't said a word since his arrival, with a raised brow.

"Hm thanks," he mumbled.

But I guess the was enough for Sakura to turn into a tomato as she started harassing Sasuke.

He wriggled out of her grasp and looked at me.

"What's wrong with you," He finally said with anger burning in his eyes as he stomped up to me.

"You almost died! You should've left me and taken Sakura and Naruto!" He yelled.

I say silently letting him vent.

"But no you had to be the hero! Amaya always saving the day! How do you think I felt waking up to have Sakura tell me she thought you were dead you idiot!" He punched me in the arm.

"Hey don't yell at her Sasuke she saved you!" Naruto yelled at the Uchiha.

Here we go....

"I don't thank people for doing stupid things!" He hollers before storming out of the room.

"What was his problem?" The Uzumaki questioned.

"He's just going through stuff right now. He just needs time," I sigh.

"Yeah whatever he's always going through something," Naruto huffs sarcastically crossing his arms.

After a moment of silence I let out a sigh.

"Why don't you guys go find him... I'll be fine. I'm still participating in the exam so I'll see you there," I hum.

Sakura nods frantically ready to look for her Sasuke my Naruto hesitantly followed.

Leaving me alone in my room I inspect myself.

I was no longer in my shredded clothes, but in a hospital gown. My skins clean and Im covered an bandages.

Taking in the silence I let out a sigh closing my eyes.

Amaya...

My eyes snap open.

Man I could've sworn someone said my same.

"Amaya!," I here faintly down the haul.

Oh no...

"Amaya!" The cry finally reaches me and I'm tackled by choji. 

"I thought you were said S-Sakura said.." he cried into my shoulder giving me a bear hug.

"Hey hey slow down I'm fine,"

"Why did you do that I really thought," he stopped through his tears once again. 

Geez he's gotta be the most sensitive guy I know...

I pull him off of me.

"Ok! Choji look at me I'm alive, well and breathing. A ok so you can calm down now," I give him a comforting smile.

As he wipes his face I here any other voice.

"Gosh Choji were you planning on hugging her to death,"

"Hey Ino!" I smile.

She gave me a look before plopping down in the chair next to me bed.

"We were never close friends but I didn't want you to die," she pouted crossing her arms.

"Geez what? Do you feel guilty or something," I tease her.

She gasps dramatically turning her head away from me with attitude.

Choji sat on my bed next to me watching the interaction.

"I'm glad you guys are ok," I sigh.

Wait if their here that means....

"Hey!" I look up towards the door meeting familiar black eyes.

There Shikamaru stood with his hands on his knees as if he had ran here.

"Shikamaru? I thought you were still at the exam sight with Asuma?" Choji questioned.

But he didn't seem to notice as he was staring at me.

Ino took the hint and spoke up.

"You know what Choji I think Asuma sensei needed is for something,"

"Really I don't remember~"

She didn't let him finish as she grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the room, shutting the door behind them.

Leaving only me and Shikamaru. He stood by the door and inspected me for a moment. 

His face was uncharacteristically serious putting me on edge as he came and sat on the edge of my bed next to me.

"Shikamaru I~"

I didn't finish as to my shock he pulled me into a tight hug.

I smile gently as I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in tight, putting my head into his shoulder.

He was warm, and he smelled like the woods like he always did. In a good way though, and cigarette smoke. I assume because of his time around his chain smoking sensei.

He had his arm around my torso as he pulled me in so tight.

"I thought~"

"I know," I finished for him in a whisper.

Now all of those memories came flooding back. When I was about to die. 

The thought of never being able to see him again was enough to keep me going.

"Thank you for not being dead, that would've been such a pain," he whispers, as he does so I can feel his warm breath fan onto my neck.

I'd never seen him like this.. he seemed like he was trying very hard not to be vulnerable.

Because in his mind that wouldn't be very 'manly' of him. He's such in idiot when he gets like that.

Reluctantly we pulled away and looked at each other.

I look at his face trying to soak up every detail.

God I really could've never seen his face again.

I let out a weak laugh dropping my head and putting my hand over my eyes.

"Oh no don't start with the tears now," he said with a ghost of a smile looking down at me.

"Shut up," I punch his arm.

He chuckled before pulling my hand away from my face, making me look at him.

"You started it when you came in here all winded like you ran just to see little old me," I tease him.

He scoffed bashfully still holding me wrists.

"You say that but your the one still crying," he grumbled

We looked at each other again.

There's something I'd like to say but I think he already knows...

I wish we could stay here forever, like this.

His eyes were tired and his face was a bit pale, and he had scratches and dirt his face. Then again everyone did.

"Geez..." I mumble lifting my hands and fix his jacket, then I cupped his cheek. It soon glowed a gentle green as I healed a cut on his face.

"....Your a mess."

He reluctantly grinned at me but narrowed his eyes.

"Man, to think, here I was so worried about you and one of the first things you say to me is an insult. Typical," he crosses his arms.

I bite by lip holding back a laugh, he moved his hand taking my wrist.

"You shouldn't be using your chakra..." he started.

"Oh you worry too much it was only a little," I huff.

He rolls his eyes and I let out a laugh.

When I open my eyes again though I find his staring at me.

"What are you gawking at," I whisper.

"You, dummy..."

He says quietly leaning down pausing for only a moment.

Before kissing me on the cheek.

My breath hitches and face glows red as he pulls away.

Shikamaru... just-

I blink wildly at him, but he innocently stands and turns to leave like he did nothing.

Jerk...

"Wait Shikamaru!" I grab his wrist.

He turns back to me with a shocked expression.

"I want you to have something," I mumble letting go of him and reaching up to my ears.

He took a step back towards me and waited patently.

Now having taken them off my ears I take my earrings and hand them to him pressing them into the palm of his hand.

"What's this?" He mumbled.

"There my earrings and there kinda important to me... I was just wondering if you'd take them for a while,"

To my shock his cheeks became a little red as he stared down at the pair of jewelry.

"Sure but why,"

"So you can give them back to me when we both become chunin," I grin giving him a closed eye smile.

He stared down at me in disbelief for a moment before letting out a small sigh.

"You couldn't let me leave with the last word could you," he mumbled bashfully scratching his now rosy cheek.

"Hm nope," I laugh looking towards him still expecting an answer.

He looks at me for moment before putting them in his pocket and turning around.

"Of course I will Amaya..."

As the door shut behind him I out the deepest sigh.

"You, dummy..."

His voice rings through my head and my cheeks once again become burning hot.

I stuff my face in my hands and despite the fact I was cherry red, I had an idiotic grin on my face I couldn't wipe off.

I was pulled back to reality when I hear my window open.

"Hey Amaya- hm what happened,"

I look up to see Kakashi holding up the clothes I asked him to get for me seeing as my others were torn to shreds.

"Nothing," I mumble still grinning.

But as he handed me the clothes I became distracted but a certain item in the pile.

"Wow Kakashi we've really hit a new mile stone in our friendship," I chirp pulling my grey bra out of the pile and childishly swinging it around on my finger.

"Get your mind out of the gutter I made Kurenai get the clothes for me!" He yelled smacking me upside the head.

I busted out laughing despite the fact, and he did his best to conceal his chuckle behind a cough.

We talked for a while longer before he left, informing the second stage of the exam would be starting soon.

All you have to is kick one genin's ass and you'll make it to the finals... I give myself a pep talk despite the fact then when stood for the first my knees shook like baby deer's.

You can do this......

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.4K 4.2K 39
•I'm definitely rewriting this story, the plot was there but I just couldn't write it properly I guess. Sakura Haruno wishes she was invisible someti...
25 0 3
"Anger is a fuel. It can ignite any emotion... and burn you right up." In a chaotic city like Konoha, tension is always running high. We have: A misc...
25.5K 738 84
12 year old Kimiko Sumire's clan was massacred by a man with green snake like eyes when she was six years old and has known nothing but pain and dark...
6.4K 120 15
March 16th 2018, story is under editing to make sense. (This was my first ever fanfiction. And is still unfinished.) July 19th 2019, story will be li...