The Billionaire's Favor | ON...

By QueenKenz11

"How did you find where I work?" I asked him, putting some books on the front table. "I have connections," He... More

The Billionaire's Favor
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER TEN

1.8K 78 12
By QueenKenz11

LOGAN'S POV

I KNOCKED ON HER DOOR bright and early the next morning. I looked down at the two cups of hot chocolate I grabbed for us at the little cafe a block away from here.

After a few seconds of waiting, the door opened, revealing Kennedy, rubbing her tired eyes. Her hair was in a messy bun, and she was in a black tank top and a pair of gray sweatpants. She had no glasses on, and she looked even more beautiful without them.

"Logan?!" She asked, surprised to see me standing here.

"Good morning. Am I too early?"

She shook her head,"No. I overslept actually. What time is it?"

I looked at my watch on my wrist. "9:00."

"I was planning on getting up at eight, but I must have slept through my alarm. Come on in," Kennedy said, opening the door the whole way.

I walked into her apartment, and I saw multiple empty cardboard boxes. I heard her shut the door behind me, and I turned back to face her.

"This is for you," I told her, offering the hot chocolate.

"Thank you," she thanked me as she grabbed it from my hands. She took a sip and smiled.

"So where do you want to begin?" I asked her, setting my hot chocolate on the coffee table.

"I have to pack the bedrooms first then the living room. The kitchen will be the last," she explained also setting her cup down.

"Sounds like a plan."

She handed me a box before saying,"I'm going to go get change real fast. I'll be right out."

I nodded, and she walked away from me. That's when I saw it. A long scar ran between her shoulder blades. It was faint, but you could tell it was there. My eyebrows furrowed with confusion, but I stayed silent.

Where on earth could she has gotten that scar from?

I waited for her to get dressed, sitting on the couch. She walked out a few minutes later dressed in leggings and a gray long sleeve shirt that said,'New York City' in red. I noticed she had on her engagement ring, making me smile.

"I think we should Layla's room first since she has a lot of stuff," Kennedy suggested, pushing her glasses up on her nose.

"I'll bring the boxes," I offered, grabbing two large boxes.

She led me down the short hallway, and she pushed open a door. Kennedy flipped on a switch, and we talked into the room. The walls were pink, and Layla had toys on her bed, in the storage bins, and on the floor.

"We will just use this box for toys," Kennedy said, grabbing one of the boxes from my hands. "and the other one for her clothes."

I nodded, and we started packing Layla's room. Kennedy left Layla out two outfits for tonight and tomorrow morning. Within a hour, Layla's room was all packed upon boxes except for the bed and the rocking chair.

"That was a workout," Kennedy joked as we walked back into the living room.

"Are you hungry? I can order some food, and Evan can bring it to us," I offered, taking off my blazer, setting it down on the coffee table.

"I have food here, and I am really craving a peanut butter and jelly sandwich," Kennedy replied, walking into the kitchen.

"You sure? I know some of the best sushi places," I told her, making her scrunch up her nose in disgust.

"I don't like sushi, but thanks for the offer," she said as she grabbed the ingredients to make a sandwich.

I furrowed my eyebrows,"How do you not like sushi?"

She shrugged,"It's nasty, especially when it is not cooked. I would rather have pizza or a simple PJ sandwich." Kennedy smeared peanut butter and jelly on two pieces of bread before placing them together.

"Do you want one?" She asked me before taking bite of her sandwich.

"Sure, but I'll make it." I walked around to her, and I grabbed two slices of bread and put them on a napkin. "It has been a very long time since I had one of these."

"I literally have a PJ sandwich every day. It is how I survive. I don't know understand how you could live without them," Kenned responded as I put the two pieces of bread together.

"Well, when you are the youngest billionaire in the country, you have to have rich and perplex food or else people will be angry," I explained before taking a bite.

The taste of peanut butter and jelly hit my tastebuds instantly, and it was delicious.

"Over a PJ sandwich?" Kennedy asked with her eyebrows raised.

I nodded as I swallowed my food. "People get mad at anything these days."

"Well they better get used to seeing us eat simple foods because I am not giving up my PJ sandwiches."

I let out a chuckle, and she smiled. "You know you can back out if you want. You don't have to marry me."

"Nice try, Logan. You're stuck with me, mister," she replied before walking over to the fridge. She grabbed two water bottles, and she handed me one. I thanked her as I opened the cap. I took a sip of water before placing it back on the counter.

We finished our early lunch, and Kennedy and I talked about our favorite movies and tv shows. She is a huge Marvel fan, and I thought she was gonna pass out when I told her I haven't seen one Marvel movie.

"I guess it is time to start on my room," Kennedy stated, grabbing two more boxes.

I followed her back down the hall to her room. I walked in the room behind her, taking everything in. Her room wasn't fully decorated like Layla's room.

Her bed was made neatly with an unbalanced night stand,and she had an old desk that was filled with opened envelopes.

"It's not much, I know," Kennedy commented, making me look back at her.

"No, it's simple. It's nice," I replied with a smile.

"You don't have to lie. I know this room needs some work. I just never had time. The only reason Layla's room is nice is because I used the rest of my small collage fund."

"You're a good mom," I told her and she tore her gaze from mine.

"I'll get the stuff out of the closet," she changed the subject, walking to a slid door that held her clothes.

She started with her clothes that were on hangers. I helped her lay them on the bed. Then we grabbed her clothes that were in a small dresser.

Once the closet was clear, Kennedy's phone started ringing in the living room.

"I'll be right back," she told me before leaving the room.

I stood there, awkwardly. I glanced over at her closet, and I saw a dark yellow envelope sitting on the single broken shelf.I grabbed it off the shelf, and I looked at it.

There was nothing on the front of the envelope to say what this is. I don't think this belongs to Kennedy. If it was important to her, she would have her name on it.

I opened it, and I saw pictures and a large packet of papers. I grabbed the pictures, and I took them out of the envelope.

The top picture was of Kennedy with a blonde guy. They were at a party it looks like, and Kennedy was dressed in a small black dress with no straps. She doesn't have her glasses on either.

The guy beside her had his arm wrapped her waist, and he was smiling. He was dressed in black jeans, a white t-shirt, and a dark blue and black flannel.

"Hey, Logan–..." I heard Kennedy say, making me look away from the photos and at her.

"I didn't know these were yours. I'm sorry," I apologized, putting the pictures back in the envelope.

"What all did you look at?" Kennedy asked, walking towards me.

"Just the first picture, I swear."

She took the envelope from my hands, and she tossed them a box.

"It's just some old pictures of my high school days," Kennedy said with a small smile.

"Still shouldn't have looked," I said, frowning.

"I came to tell you that I have to go. My best friend had a one night stand last night, and she has a massive hangover," Kennedy explained, pushing her hair out of her face.

"Do you need a ride?" I asked her.

"I was going to take the bus."

I shook my head,"No, from now on, you will have your own driver."

"I don't need a driver," she replied, shaking her head.

"We'll talk about the driver later. I think your friend needs you right now," I said, pointing to her phone that has been vibrating.

"Fine, but this discussion is not over," she said before walking out of her room with me following her.

I shook my head at what she said.

Usually when somebody marries a billionaire, they would be begging for a driver just because they can.

Heck, one time, I dated a girl for three weeks and during that time she wanted her own personal driver.

Kennedy is different. A good kind of different. I just hope she's ready for the media.

———————————————

Hey guys!! Long time no see!

Sorry it took me so long to write this chapter. I had a HUGE writer's block for this book, but I have finally overcame it!! HOORAY!

⭐️ Vote & Comment ⭐️

•Kensli•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 8.5K 56
"We are here with you." She said and hugged me with gentleness. My shoulder sagged in relief as I hugged her back. She broke the hug and caressed my...
9.6M 459K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
349K 8.1K 22
Summary: Theodore knight your 26 year old hot billionaire. He never has had a girlfriend and doesn't believe in love. This will all change when his p...
85.4K 2.8K 143
"It's time to focus on the company and stop doing disasters, as I see no other option, you will marry Nathaniel." Scarlett's father said. "Son I thin...