The Elemental (Elijah Mikaels...

By adbaez

"And who might you be?" His dark eyes darted back and forth between her blue ones, unreadable yet searching a... More

PART ONE
Andromeda
Rose
Elijah Mikaelson
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon Part One
By the Light of the Moon Part Two
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Shots
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party Part One
The Dinner Party Part Two
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
Happy Birthday.
The Birthday
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ghost World
Ordinary People
Homecoming
The New Deal
Our Town
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out the Dead
Dangerous Liaisons
All My Children
All My Children (SMUT)
1912
Break On Through
The Murder of One
Heart of Darkness
Do Not Go Gentle
Before Sunset
The Departed
Part Two
Growing Pains
The Rager
The Five
The Killer
We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
The Brother's Keeper
We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
O Come, All Ye Faithful
After School Special
Catch Me if You Can
A View to a Kill
Into The Wild
Down the Rabbit Hole
Stand By Me/Bring it On
American Gothic
Pictures of You
A New Life
New Orleans
Tangled Up in Blue
Girl in New Orleans
Sinners and Saints
Fruit of The Poisoned Tree
Bloodletting
The River in Reverse
Reigning Pain in New Orleans
The Casket Girls'
Après Moi, Le Déluge
Dance Back From the Grave
Crescent City
Long Way Back From Hell
Le Grand Guignol
Red String
Author's Note: Check Out My New Story!

House of The Rising Sun

5.9K 224 83
By adbaez

The next morning, Andromeda went to the Quarter with Regulus. Niklaus and Fane tried to argue with the elemental, neither wanting her to travel alone, but she told them both to shove it. Andy was fully capable of protecting herself, and could easily sense out the witches and vampires who hid amongst the many tourists.

Andy visited different schools in and outside of the French Quarter, scheduling appointments and allowing Reggie the chance to get a feel for what would be a better fit for him. If Andy had it her way this would be their permanent home, and Elijah wouldn't have any say in it.

She was done hiding.

After visiting the nearby schools, Andy led Reggie into the heart of the Quarter, the child marveling at the old structured buildings, the musicians and artists that filled the streets, and Andy could only look around with a sad smile. Her first time in the Quarter was meant to be spent with Elijah, her Original giving his family a tour of the city that he loved, and she had to shove her hurt away.

As angry as she was with Nik, Andy knew that the hybrid still had some trust issues when it came to family. From what she had deduced from that meeting, Elijah had gotten awfully close to Hayley, how close she didn't want to know. But as it is his child that she is carrying, Nik possibly felt threatened that Elijah meant to step in or take control of Hayley and the baby.

As idiotic as it sounds, Andromeda would not put it past the hybrid.

After stopping for lunch at a place called 'Rousseau's', the siblings continued to walk through the Quarter, Reggie letting go of his sister's hand as he wandered off to approach a violinist. Andy kept a careful eye on him, but it was once she was alone that he approached.

Andromeda had confidently strolled past many vampires in the city, all of them taken by her scent, but only one was bold enough to approach. Sensing a presence behind her, Andy turned to see a tall dark-skinned man with black curly hair and a faux friendly smile, he stood only a few feet away and towered over her as brown eyes roved over her figure.

"Hi. I'm sorry, but I've never seen you around here before. I think I would remember someone so beautiful."

Andy raised a brow at that, a small smirk tugging on her lips. "As many tourists as this city has seen, did you really think I would be a familiar face?" She questioned, and the vampire shrugged with a flirtatious grin. "No, but I've met a lot of people. No one has ever looked as gorgeous," The vampire stepped closer, and Andy didn't flinch as his brown eyes stared into hers. "Or smelt as good." He finished lowly, and Andy stared blankly at him as his pupils contracted, the vampire trying to compel her.

"Why don't you follow me? I can show you around the city."

"Now, why would I do that? I'm quite capable of finding things myself, but thanks for the offer." Andy stated bluntly, moving to turn away as his expression filled with surprise, but the vampire quickly grabbed her wrist. Andromeda's eyes burned crimson as she burned his hand, and the vampire hissed as he immediately let her go, missing the flash of color in her eyes as he looked down at the healing flesh.

"Witches aren't supposed to do magic in the Quarter." He spat, stepping closer with a glare as he tried to intimidate her, and Andy only smirked.

"Darling, you wish I was one."

"Hey, hey, hey! What's going on?" Another vampire appeared with a wide smile, and as he placed a restraining hand on the other vampire's shoulder, Andy could assume that this was Marcel. "Diego, that's no way to talk to a beautiful woman. I apologize for my friend here." Marcel grinned at her, and Andy only crossed her arms, shrugging one shoulder dismally.

"No offense taken. I'm sure he was just being his charming self."

The vampire, now dubbed as Diego, glared at her, while Marcel laughed. "Beautiful, and sassy. I like you." He stated, signalling with his eyes to the other vampire, and as Diego left, Marcel focused on Andy. "My name is Marcel. It's nice to meet you." He introduced, offering his hand, and Andromeda took it.

"Andy. A pleasure."

"Andy. The pleasure is mine, welcome to New Orleans." She raised a brow as he lifted her hand to his lips, quickly snatching it back, and Marcel smirked as Regulus ran back to her side. At seeing the vampire, Reggie stopped, pressing against his sister's side as Marcel bent slightly to look at him. "And who is this?" He questioned, his smile genuine, and at Andy's nod, Reggie introduced himself.

"Regulus McGregor. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Reg. What brings you both to New Orleans?" Marcel straightened, looking back at Andy with an easy smile, but she noticed the suspicion behind his brown eyes. "We have never been here before, thought it might be a nice place to live." Andy stated evenly, cerulean eyes locking with his brown orbs, and Marcel's grin widened. "In that case, my city is yours. I hope you grow to love it as much as I do." He stared at her for a few moments, searching her eyes intently and at her raised brow, Marcel explained.

"I'm sorry, it's just, your eyes. I've seen them somewhere before."

"Well I can assure you, we've never met." Andromeda stated dryly, backing away with a tight smile as she held Reggie's hands. "It was nice to meet you, Marcel. I'm sure that I'll be seeing you around."

"Oh, I'm looking forward to it." Marcel called after her, watching the siblings walk away until they disappeared in the crowd. "Was that him?" Regulus murmured, looking up at his sister, and Andy nodded. "Sure was. Let's head back." She breathed, leading him away, and Andy could feel eyes on her as they walked.

Andy returned to the plantation house, her phone pressed between her ear and shoulders, as she spoke to Rebekah while helping Regulus finish unpacking his things. Nik and Fane were gone, Hayley was somewhere, Andromeda didn't care too much as to where. "You spoke to Sophie Deveraux?" Andy questioned lightly, listening to Bekah's hum of confirmation.

"I did. I tried to convince her to do a locator spell to find Elijah, but she is so afraid of Marcel that she wouldn't dare." Rebekah huffed, and the elemental rolled her eyes. "Speaking of Marcel, I met him. You forgot to mention how handsome he was." Andy teased, and Bekah groaned. "He is not handsome. He is anything but, especially as I can't bloody threaten the witches because of Sophie's link to the mumsy, and he still has my brother." She argues, and Andy sighed.

"I really want to know how he controls those witches."

"The how doesn't even matter to me anymore, those witches were foolish to believe that Elijah would be enough to pit Nik against Marcel, not even knowing that Nik raised the bloody bastard. And now look, Elijah is gone."

"For now. I was not kidding, I will tear this city apart if Elijah is not returned to me. Our brothers are lucky that I didn't tell Marcel exactly who I am." Andromeda stated evenly, walking out of Reggie's room into the hall. "Let your identity be a surprise. Most likely he suspects what you are, Marcel has met Febe before, but he won't be able to guess your relationship to Elijah. It's more fun that way." Rebekah instructed, and Andy laughed.

"I'm going to pay him a visit. About time we had a little chat."

"Don't have too much fun." Andy snarked, and Bekah snorted.

"Shut up."

Andromeda went downstairs, finding Regulus practicing his piano in the parlor, and Andy let out a sigh as she looked around the empty house. "If I knew New Orleans would be this boring, I would have called Kol." She muttered to herself, before moving to sit besides her brother. A few hours passed, and as night fell, Andy returned to the Quarter with Reggie. She took the child back to Rousseau's, sitting at a small table close to the door, and Andy smiled politely at the blonde bartender who approached.

"Twice in one day. You must have really liked the food."

"Well, this one insists on another helping of your famous gumbo." Andromeda teased, both adults laughing at Reggie, before Andy focused on the blonde's name tag. "Camille...that's a pretty name." She complimented, and Camille snorted. "It's a grandma name, call me Cami." She stated, and Andy smiled as she offered her hand, taking it in hers for a shake.

"I'm Andy. This is my baby brother, Reggie."

"I'm not a baby, mama!" Regulus protested, and Andy rolled her eyes, Cami raising a brow in surprise at how he addressed her. "Are you two visiting?" She questioned with a smile, and Andy shook her head. "No, actually. We've just moved here." She explained, and Camille grinned. "That's great! What brings you to New Orleans?"

"My boyfriend used to live here, he decided to come back. I was going to wait a while longer to live with him and his family, but I figured, why not?"

"Well, I hope you enjoy living here. I have to get back to work, but I hope to see more of you." Camille stated pleasantly, and Andy gave her a warm smile as she walked away. "She reminds me of Care-Bear." Reggie stated, and Andy shook her head. "Caroline is another level, Cami is just sweet." She breathed, sharing a smile with the child. The two enjoyed dinner together, before Andy's phone rang with a call from Fane.

"What is it, Fane?"

"Sister, where are you?" Fane questioned immediately, and the elemental raised a brow. "Rousseau's, why?" She asked, sharing a look with Reggie as he immediately grabbed his jacket, and Fane explained. "Hayley is in Bienville Park, the vampires outed her to Marcel. Nik and I are going to stall, but can you get to her?"

"Got it." Andy hurriedly hung up, placing money on the table, and Reggie looked at her in confusion. "We don't know where anything is, Andy." He pointed out, and his sister just shot him a look as they both stood.

"That's what GPS is for. Let's go."

Andy pulled up a map on her phone, hurrying down the pavement, before catching sight of the werewolf sitting on a park bench alone. "Hey!" She called out to her, jogging forward lightly, and Hayley scowled as she noticed them. "I can't even have a day to myself?" She states sarcastically, and Andy rolled her eyes, Reggie moving to sit besides the werewolf. The elemental noticed the large cup in her hand, and raised a brow in confusion.

"What is that?"

"Hey!" Andy snatched the cup away from Hayley, raising it to her nose, and her cerulean orbs widened at the smell of wolfsbane. "Have you bloody lost your mind?" She questioned, throwing the cup on the floor, and Hayley stood up with a glare. "That's none of your business-"

"It is my business! As long as you are carrying that child, you are family-"

"I didn't ask to be a part of your stupid family! I didn't ask for any of this!" Hayley shouted, and Andromeda just stared at her with a hard look. "Tough." She spat, stepping closer as her storm clouds locked with Hayley's brown orbs. "You may not have asked for this, but if you were not meant to have this child, then Fate would have never handed it to you. Be grateful."

"I am not cut out for this! I don't know how to be a mom, I don't-" Hayley cut herself off, running a hand through her hair, and Andy's gaze softened as she noticed the fear in hers. "Hey." Andy stepped forward, placing her hands on the other girl's shoulders. "It may not seem like it now, but everything is going to be okay. As long as you choose to be a part of this family, we will protect you." The elemental stated slowly, staring into Hayley's eyes, and she hesitated before nodding.

Then a noise was heard, and Andy stepped away as she noticed the ominous air in the empty street. "Regulus, come here." Andromeda stated firmly, pulling the child into her side, and Hayley looked around as she stood slightly in front of him. They jumped back as a vampire appeared, and Andy glared as veins appeared underneath his eyes.

"Dumb move coming into the Quarter. You're coming with me, wolf."

"I have had it up to here with vampires telling me what to do!" Hayley spat, and Andromeda shoved her arm out to blast him away with a gust of wind. She spun around, only to see two more vampires behind them, and Andy's eyes burned crimson as fire gathered in her palms, making them step back in fear. Andy threw fire at one, making the vampire immediately burst into flames as he shrieked, and Reggie pressed his face against her side.

Rebekah appeared then, tearing the heart out of the other vampire, and Hayley stared in horror while Andy smirked.

"Now that is no way to treat a pregnant lady. I do hate bad manners."

"You have such wonderful timing, sister." Andromeda joked, sharing a smirk with the blonde Original, and Reggie looked up as the screams stopped. He looked around at the dead vampires, and made an expression of disgust. "Why do people bother to threaten us, if they always end up dead?" Reggie questioned rhetorically, and Andy shrugged as she tossed an arm around his shoulders. "Because they think they can win, and we love to see them try." She smirked, while the child rolled his eyes. Their brothers appeared, taking the dead vampires with them back to the plantation, and the women watched as Fane and Nik piled up their bodies in the courtyard.

"This is why we told you never to leave the house. Werewolves are banned in the Quarter. I had a plan-"

"You have a lot of plans, Nik. When will you think of one to save your brother?" Andy stated dryly, and Nik shot her a look. "Andy, we have gone over this. I will get Elijah back, you have to trust me." He stated firmly, and the elemental glared at him. "You'll have my trust once you have earned it, and you can start by getting my Elijah back." Andy argued, and Rebekah spoke up as Nik rolled his eyes.

"You've had an eternity to come up with a plan, but what have you even accomplished?"

"Since you asked so nicely, Bex, we actually have a lot to show for it." Fane finally spoke up, staring at the two women with an annoyed look. "Marcel doesn't trust Nik, from our first day here, he has had his vampires ingest vervain. None of them can be compelled, but Nik managed to find a way to get a spy into their ranks."

"I created a Day Zero and got there first. Marcel lost 6 vampires, thanks to you two's little murder spree, and he needed new recruits, so I made the new one mine before he'd had even a drop of vervain." Niklaus continued, focusing on Rebekah. "But we both know the way to a man is through his heart, so I compelled the bartender to give him a chance and spy for me."

Andy listened as he continued earnestly, noticing the frantic look in his eyes, but not saying a word as Nik justified his actions. As Nik dragged one of the vampires inside, the women followed after him, and Andy shook her head as he announced. "Does anyone have any more questions? No, good. Because I have a question, Hayley." Andromeda straightened at that, and Hayley looked down at her shoes.

"What were you doing in the bloody French Quarter in the first place?"

Hayley looked to Andy, the two women sharing a long look, before Nik shouted. "Answer me!" Andromeda glared at him, Rebekah snapping for him to leave her be, but Hayley didn't flinch as she stepped forward. "You want to know what I was doing?" She spat, glaring at the hybrid, and Fane stepped closer in case he had to intervene.

"I was buying poison so I could put your little baby out of it's misery."

Niklaus sped forward, but Fane tossed him away before he could touch her, Andromeda shoving Hayley backwards into Rebekah. "Nik, that is enough!" She shouted, and the hybrids eyes flashed golden in his rage. "She tried to kill my child!" He cried out, and Andy just stared at him in disbelief. "For someone who was so insistent that he did not want this child, you seem to care an awful lot." She spat, raising a hand before he could speak.

"No, Nik. I can't even blame her! You have not made Hayley feel welcome, have not made her feel safe or a part of this family. She is having your child, something that a few months ago, none of us thought was possible." Andromeda stared at her friend, Nik locking eyes with her as Fane slowly released him.

"It's okay to care. It's okay to want something. That's all Elijah was trying to do, all he's ever wanted for you, all we've ever wanted." Rebekah spoke up, moving to stand besides Andy, and Nik looked between the two women with tearful eyes. "Trust us, Nik. For all that you have accomplished, you are driving a wedge between us, when you do not have to. Let us help." Andromeda finished, staring imploringly at the hybrid, and Nik licked his lips as he looked away, sliding against the stair banister to sit on the floor. Andy immediately sat besides him with Bekah on his other side, Fane sitting next to his sister, and Hayley watched them as she stood close to the door.

"I am sorry that I gave Elijah to Marcel."

Andromeda shut her eyes, letting her head lean against her older brother's shoulders. "I have a plan. Gain Marcel's trust, dismantle his empire, honor Elijah's wish that that baby be born. I am executing that plan the only way I know how." Niklaus explained, and Andy slowly shook her head. "Just because it may seem the only way, doesn't make it the best way. We are a family," Andy sat up, locking eyes with Nik's guilty ones. "You can come to any of us for council, that is why Fane has stayed here. By your side, instead of with his twin and best friend."

"We will get Elijah back. And we will find what weapon Marcel has over the witches, so that we may un-link Hayley from Sophie. You have my word." Fane spoke up, looking between his sisters and brother, staring at Nik, who nodded.

"The how does not matter. As long as we make this city safe enough for the children, everything will fall into place."

Andy grabbed Fane and Nik's hands, Nik grabbing Rebekah's hand on his other side, and she smiled at all of them. "We have dealt with worse than Marcel and his band of vampires. We can do this." She encouraged, before looking across at Hayley. "And as long as you carry that child, we'll protect you too. If you decide to stick around, you have our welcome." Andy stated, making the werewolf give her a small smile.

Nik returned to his room, Fane leaving to handle the dead vampires, and the three women stepped out onto the porch. Andromeda sat besides Rebekah, and Hayley sat on her other side, looking at the elemental hesitantly. "I know you don't know me very well, but thanks." She breathed, and Andy turned to her.

"I appreciate what you did in there."

"Us girls have got to look out for each other." Rebekah stated, leaning against the rocking chair with a smirk, and Andy let out a laugh. "You haven't even met our other siblings, if you think this is bad, just wait." She said sarcastically, and Hayley looked at her curiously. "You call them your family, but you're not a Mikaelson. Why is that?" She questioned, and Andy just smiled.

"The Mikaelson's have been close to my family for a thousand years, and the twins consider them a part of our family. Even if that was not the case, Elijah made sure that I was a part of his family, as he is a part of mine." She stated evenly, and Hayley nodded slowly.

"But, Fane is a vampire. How-"

"The twins and I share the same mother. Elementals don't lose their abilities to have children, no matter how old they are. So while I'm 19, my mother was over two thousand years old, and the twins have lived for a millennia." Andy explained, and Hayley's lips parted in awe.

"How long have you and Elijah been together?" Andy raised a brow at that, turning to face the werewolf.

"Why do you care about Elijah?" Andy questioned instead, and Hayley shrugged, looking away.

"He promised to protect me-"

"Elijah makes a lot of promises, but that doesn't answer my question." Andromeda interrupted, gauging Hayley's expression with calculating eyes. "Why do you care about what happens to him?" She asked, and Hayley hesitated, before locking eyes with the elemental. "He was nice to me. Fane is alright, but Elijah actually spoke to me. Tried to get to know me. He made me feel safe, and I know that he's a good person. He doesn't deserve to just be daggered and given to Marcel." Hayley stated firmly, and Andy stared at her for a long moment before nodding slowly.

"One thing you should know about this family, we are loyal to each other. We have all made our mistakes, Nik especially, but we are building to get past those. He may be a bastard," Andy shrugged with a smirk, making both women laugh. "But he is trying to be a better man. You don't know him, and I don't expect you to see it right way, but Nik will change. A child can bring out the best in a person."

"You say that from experience."

Andromeda leaned back with a sigh, a soft smile painted over her lips. "I raised my brother as though he was my son. I'm sure you've noticed he calls me, 'mama'." Andy looked to Hayley, and at her nod, continued. "Elijah came into my life when Reggie was only 5, he became a father figure to him. Someone he looked up to. Regulus is 7 now, adores Elijah, and Elijah would do anything for him, as would anyone else in our family. Your baby will be the same, except Nik will be there from day one. It will be his as well as yours." Andy softly laid her hand over Hayley's, squeezing gently with a smile.

"You may not know how to be a mother, but no one does. You will live day by day, watching them grow, making decisions, until finally...you have a child in front of you that will look up at you and just call you 'mom'. And you'll know that you did it."

"Thank you..." Hayley whispered, and Andy gave her a small smile, hearing Rebekah let out a long sigh from her other side. "I would have stayed in Europe if I had known there would be this much drama." The blonde stated dramatically, and Andy smirked. "Really? And miss seeing Marcel?" She teased, laughing as Bekah glared at her, and Hayley smiled.

"If your history is really what you said it was, Marcel may just listen to you. Convince him to give us Elijah back and I won't have to roast anymore of his vampires."

All three women smiled at each other, before Rebekah stood up. "Nik said Marcel was on a date. I want to see what she looks like." Bekah stood up, looking down at the two women with a smirk, and Andy laughed as she walked away. "Have fun, darling!" She called after her, sharing a laugh with Hayley, before returning inside.

The following morning, Andromeda was making breakfast while Regulus sat at the dining table with his tablet, both jumping in surprise as Rebekah stormed into the house.

"Andy! Nik! Fane!"

Andromeda dropped everything, rushing into the foyer with Regulus right behind her, and their brothers appeared at the bottom of the stairs as Rebekah looked at Nik. "You're right. The girl Cami, she's the key. Marcel likes her, and because of that, I got to see the secret weapon of his that you've been going on about." She stated, and Andy's eyes widened in surprise as Nik gestured for her to continue.

"Well, don't stand on ceremony. What is it?"

"It's not a what. It's a who," Bekah looked to Fane and Andy as she spoke. "A girl, Davina."

"Was she hot?" Fane questioned, ducking away from Nik as he made to shove him, and Bekah gave him a serious look. "She can't be more than 16, and I have never felt power like that."

"How powerful are we talking?" Andy questioned with a frown, stepping forward, and Bekah shook her head. "Powerful. She's not just any witch, she's something I've never seen before, something beyond powerful." Rebekah explained, and Andromeda pursed her lips in a thin line as she looked up at Nik.

"My boyfriend is in the hands of a cracked up, Sabrina the Teenage Witch. What have you got to say to that?"

"Where is she?" Niklaus questioned and Rebekah paused, eyebrows furrowing in confusion, before cursing loudly. "Bekah." Reggie scolded from besides Andy, and the elemental shushed him as the blonde looked at Andy. "I don't know." She breathed, and Andromeda stepped forward with a frown. "What do you mean, you don't know? She has Elijah, where is she?"

"I mean, she wiped my memory of the location." Rebekah explained, eyes widening in realization, and the blonde Original rounded on Nik in anger. "Marcel possesses a weapon bigger and more powerful than an Original, and you handed our brother to him!"

"Fane!" Andy immediately looked to her brother, the vampire straightening at her stern look as Rebekah shouted at Nik. "Call Kol. Whatever the bloody hell she is, I want to know. Ask for him and Febe to come home, please." She instructed, and Fane nodded, pressing a kiss to her head before speeding away.

"I did what I had to do! Marcel took our home."

"And our home is worthless without family." Rebekah stated firmly, and Andromeda stepped between them, giving Nik a dark look. "I want him back. Niklaus, I will burn the French Quarter to the ground, this city means nothing if our family cannot live in it together!" She cried, and Nik looked at her pleadingly.

"Andy, I will fix this. Whatever it takes."

"You better. I want my Elijah back, and if you don't want Marcel and those witches to know exactly who I am, I would do it quickly." Andromeda warned, staring intently into his eyes, and she took a step closer. "This city had better be worth it, because I would much rather see it painted red."

***********************************************************************

Vote and Comment what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 29K 31
❝How long will I love you? As long as stars are above you... And longer if I can...❞ ⬖ ⬖ ⬖ Mia Salvatore's life just got a little more complicated...
246K 7.8K 39
After being saved by his brother only for him to give up himself to the hybrid, Damon couldn't help blaming himself for his brother's despair. Wha...
1.9M 46.7K 45
Who would of ever thought that Klaus Mikaelson was capable of friendship? Unlikely. And with a Salvatore? Even more unlikely. But as it seems h...
327K 5.5K 23
In which Elena's sister comes back to hell.... aka mystic falls and falls for the devils little brother. I was walking along the busy streets of new...